You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 12, 2017, 07:50:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Next Generation  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Lord BaneTopic starter

Re: The Next Generation
« Reply #350 on: November 19, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »
"Oh it blew up," Lucas said. "The problem is...our comms must have been blocked some because we were unable to get through to you, but the vault was empty. SOMETHING was definitely in there, but it was removed before we got there."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:36 AM »
" two of its occupants or out back" she looked at him " can you not just drop me at my coffee shop?"

« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »
He was about to respond when his phone suddenly buzzed, his face turning white at what was on the screen.

"Um..." he started saying, feeling unsure what to say, trying to stop himself from shaking. "Yeah...if you want to."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #353 on: November 20, 2017, 01:02:43 PM »
" good take the kids do your duty I'll be gone soon enough"

« Reply #354 on: November 20, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
"I..." he suddenly stopped speaking as an image of Nicole appeared in the middle of the cockpit. "Nicole, you know how I feel about you astrally projecting."

"Dad, you need to get here now," the image said, either unaware of Geri's presence or ignoring it, tears visible on her face. "He...he's almost gone, you can't waste more time."

"I'll do my best," he said, his focus completely thrown as he looked for something in the cockpit, eventually pulling out a small circular device and handing it to Geri, his body shaking with a mixture of grief and anger. "I'm not landing, my daughter is right, you may not care what's happening but..." he stopped himself mid sentence, taking a deep breath. "Just go, Sky actually defended you to Cypher and..." he sat down his body shaking, before turning back to the controls of the plane, not turning to face her again.

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2017, 12:09:26 AM »
She looked at him " I'll go with you those kids can't see a man die"

« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
"But..." he started saying before he realised the state he was in. "Okay, I could probably do with help landing this, my concentration is shot, and the area this safe house is in we can't afford to misjudge the landing by even a small amount."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #357 on: November 22, 2017, 12:26:09 AM »
" I have never landed before "

« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »
"I can help you," he said. "Or more specifically, the plane can, the Brigade programmed this so in an emergency if no pilot was available the plane could assist whoever took control in landing safely." Suddenly a forest was visible below them. "The landing spot should be..." he paused as he checked something on the panel in front of him. "It's about 700 metres ahead of us."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2017, 12:32:09 PM »
Gerri swore under her breath " why am I trying g this " she took the controls and prayed she could do it

« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2017, 02:10:19 PM »
Some of the button began to suddenly light up, but only indicating certain controls. "It's got a very basic AI," Lucas said. "It can't respond verbally to you but it monitors everything around the plane so that it gives you the right information."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2017, 04:15:48 PM »
She hits the buttons in order " seems quiet cllever to me"

« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »
"You'd have to talk to the guy who built it to know exactly how it works," he said, just as he saw a pool of light ahead of them. "There, that's where we need to land."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »
She turns toward it an alarm soumds

« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
"Let me," he said, taking a deep breath before taking the controls, managing to ease it down, seeing Nicole stood a few feet away from the plane, watching them carefully. "Are you ready for this?" he asked as he stood up gingerly.

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2017, 01:01:40 AM »
" I'm hear to fulfill a dying man's wish and to drop the brats off that's all I am trying to do the right thing like the real me would have done what happened in that base was not me if she can't see that maybe she only loved the idea of me or something" she took a deep breath and smiled giving herself a pep talk

« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
He stepped off the plane, seeing Nicole look no less upset in person than she had in her projection, he walked up and hugged her as the two children walked over. "Nicole, keep an eye on them, they shouldn't come in with us...not yet anyway." Once he was certain Nicole had their attention he led Geri towards the door, noticing that to one side, by herself, was Katya, her helmet removed and her head in her hands. He was about to open the door when Yuri opened it for him.

"You'd better go straight through," Yuri said, pointing to a door on the other side of the room. Inside the main room were people either eating or sleeping, with a low bed on which Clint's unconscious form lay in a cubicle to one side. "He hasn't regained consciousness since the battle," Yuri said, noticing Lucas' gaze. "He's alive but...we're running out of ways to undo the damage done to his body. Sky is in the other room."

Beyond the door Sky appeared to be asleep, although he was only resting his eyes, his frame looking far more withered and fragile than it ever had, his breathing extremely shallow.

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2017, 02:03:47 PM »
Gerri stared at the motionless boy " sorry Lucas " she blamed her self even though it was not her in that body at the time

« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
"e is no time to debate," Yuri said. "Go and speak to him Geri, Lucas and I must speak alone. There have been...developments, ones which will force us to change our plans."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2017, 04:35:59 PM »
She kissed Clint on the forehead before stepping in to the room

« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2017, 04:34:38 AM »
"Come closer," sky said, not opening his eyes or appearing to even notice her presence beyond speaking. "I don't have long...I can feel it already...but we need to talk."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2017, 09:18:44 AM »
She follows his orders " old man that was not me in the base "

« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »
"We do not have time to argue," Sky said, opening his eyes to look at her. "This...all of this...is what Carreyra wants. He knows none of us can beat him alone, that is why he is trying to break us apart." He winced as he tried to move to look at her more clearly. "I...I know you want to retire, but if you all cannot find a way to stop him...there will be nowhere on this planet you could hide from him."

Offline Lawshenk

« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2017, 04:18:33 PM »
She looked at him " I know I am not the one making it hard though"

« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2017, 05:20:46 PM »
"How do you think she feels?" Sky said, looking at her sadly. "She discovered the woman she loved wasn't who she thought she was, then watched the son she may never get the chance to tell who she really is almost die." He tried sitting up before falling back. "She wanted to admit who she was to me, even in her armour her...mannerisms were unmistakable, I just assumed there was a good reason she wouldn't tell us the truth." He closed his eyes again. "One way or another you need to work together, whatever our enemy has planned...he didn't take over the Corps just for world domination, he is up to something far worse than we assumed, I'm almost certain of it."