Shadowfist High School [Interest Check/Recruitment]

Started by Ciosa, July 17, 2016, 08:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aida Rose

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 11:04:40 AM
*cough cough*

;)

Woowww. Keeping an archive of past posts. That's kinda a way to show you care.

I love Tom Hardy.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: consortium11 on July 21, 2016, 11:04:40 AM
*cough cough*

;)

To be fair, I suck with names. I do know who he is, I just failed to remember his name at the time because well... it had been a long time, and at that point in time, I felt like you just needed to calm the fuck down about your post length lol. :p

I freely admit I kind of did my best to avoid/ignore your character as much as possible during my time in Doomtown. xD I love long posts as much as the next person, but there are limits to my patience lol

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 21, 2016, 11:08:50 AM
Woowww. Keeping an archive of past posts. That's kinda a way to show you care.

I love Tom Hardy.

I'd say less "care" and more "obsessed with BP". :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

consortium11

Relikai

Bloodied Porcelain

As for the bar scene... I look forward to that happening, though I doubt Isabeau will be there. Proper southern belle that she is, she won't be caught dead anywhere near places like those.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Aida Rose

This is a place called the Netherworld, right? Sounds like it'd have some cool dives.

consortium11

I'm not sure if it fits into Ciosa's wider plans but we could have the bar scene be a bit of a "freshers" event (or whatever the term used in America is); an event for new students so they can meet and mingle without any obvious requirement for alcohol or debauchery which unfortunately coincides with the Harlequins having their own unoffical gathering there. It gives a reason for characters who wouldn't normally go to a bar to be there.

yesiroleplay

Ciosa mentioned that there is no drinking age limit at the school-sponsored establishments, and that they were free for students!
I mean, free!  That would have been enough to get me into a place as a student, if only for the appetizer buffet.

Bloodied Porcelain

LOL Even if they weren't supposed to be currently serving alcohol, in 1850, a proper lady wouldn't have been caught dead in a bar if at all avoidable. Those are places of ill repute. The hang outs of drunks, thieves, rapscallions, gamblers, and... men.

Isabeau: *fans self delicately*

consortium11

The number of terrible law lectures/talks I went to purely because there was free wine and nibbles...

Aida Rose

Free's so important.

What kinda currency do they use there? Everyone's coming from different spots, so would their cash be worthless? Can you convert any money you come with? It'd be kinda shitty if you couldn't. (Sorry if it's in the wiki or op and I just missed it.)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 21, 2016, 11:30:47 AM
Free's so important.

What kinda currency do they use there? Everyone's coming from different spots, so would their cash be worthless? Can you convert any money you come with? It'd be kinda shitty if you couldn't. (Sorry if it's in the wiki or op and I just missed it.)

My understanding is that there is no money in the Netherworld. All businesses, restaurants, etc are open to the staff and students free of charge. You only get cut off if you can't behave.

Aida Rose

Thanks! Free's a lot less of a deciding factor then, I guess.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 21, 2016, 11:30:47 AM
Free's so important.

I don't think we're using money at all...
Quote from: Ciosa...a small amount of businesses which serve the students.  These include bars; there's no prohibitions against students of any year getting drunk.  (Post final celebrations are fairly legendarily debauched.  Teenagers + alcohol + a literal stay of execution)  None of the shops require compensation of any kind; they offer their goods to any student who wants them...

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 21, 2016, 11:29:31 AM
LOL Even if they weren't supposed to be currently serving alcohol, in 1850, a proper lady wouldn't have been caught dead in a bar if at all avoidable. Those are places of ill repute. The hang outs of drunks, thieves, rapscallions, gamblers, and... men.

Isabeau: *fans self delicately*
Just because it's a bar fight, doesn't mean it has to take place in a bar.  It could be an upscale restaurant that happens to have a "lounge" or "Club" in a room off the main dining area, or the fight could spill out into the street...

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Relikai on July 21, 2016, 11:18:53 AM
Anyone wanna mix with a female monk? :x
I am not opposed to mixing with anyone!  Though I do like the idea of us all "getting acquainted" in some sort of rowdy mixup rather than simply finding out we're roommates or something equally mundane.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: yesiroleplay on July 21, 2016, 11:36:47 AM
Just because it's a bar fight, doesn't mean it has to take place in a bar.  It could be an upscale restaurant that happens to have a "lounge" or "Club" in a room off the main dining area, or the fight could spill out into the street...

There's no need to change your idea on my character's account. I look forward to reading it, regardless of whether or not Isa is in it. I sort of anticipated her not getting to partake in a lot because of her social rules and guidelines she grew up with lol.

Relikai

Quote from: yesiroleplay on July 21, 2016, 11:40:54 AM
I am not opposed to mixing with anyone!  Though I do like the idea of us all "getting acquainted" in some sort of rowdy mixup rather than simply finding out we're roommates or something equally mundane.

"Yo!" *Punch* "Nice to meet you! Guess I left my mark!"

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on July 21, 2016, 11:41:20 AM
There's no need to change your idea on my character's account. I look forward to reading it, regardless of whether or not Isa is in it. I sort of anticipated her not getting to partake in a lot because of her social rules and guidelines she grew up with lol.
But it's not really a change of the idea at all.  Frankly, I have doubts about Darla going into an establishment that is clearly nothing more than a bar.
She's be much more likely to go to a pizza place that happens to serve beer, or an outdoor cafe that has a bar across the street, or common-room area of the school that has an adjourning area where liquor is served...

The real idea isn't the setting, it's the fight, with whatever pretext starts it.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Relikai on July 21, 2016, 11:44:58 AM
"Yo!" *Punch* "Nice to meet you! Guess I left my mark!"
Ouch!  That hurt.
I want you on my side next time.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Changing face claim to Angela Benedict.

Name: Cynder
WIGU: Gene Freak (w/ some ScroungeTech thrown in)
Class: Junior

Personality: Cynder grew up in the wastelands of the future juncture and learned how to survive in harsh environments.  She is simply tough as nails and refuses to give up and die when things look their worst. Being raised in a hostile environment that takes every opportunity to kill you has made Cynder naturally suspicious.  It is hard to really gain her trust.  This same environment has made her very resourceful.  As a scavenger she knows the value of what others pass off as junk or worthless. A relatively new dynamic to her personality is her addiction to social media.  She has rigged a smartphone she picked up in the present juncture so it works in all junctures and in the Netherworld.  Cynder finds it easier to make friends on twitter, Instagram and Snapchat than she does in person.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ciosa

Back, after the week of crazy.  I'll get to work on the wiki - I'm going to use the weekend to keep recruiting, and I'm planning on opening posts happening late Sunday/early Monday.  I want to establish a bit more background information, and I'd love to pick up two to three more completed characters before diving in.  Anyone who's been lurking and is still interested, please shoot me a PM so I know you're on board you're just working through character creation or need a hook/interesting concept.  Sorry I was a bit out of touch!  I had two flights and back to back ten hour classroom days.

(Really really brain intense classroom days, that focused on software logic and hardware troubleshooting and stuff.  I think I took nineteen pages of notes.  *brainbleaches*)

Crash

Ciosa

A quick update - my plans have been somewhat waylaid by being sick for the last three days.  Today has been the first day of the last three I haven't woken up coughing my lungs out, but it's definitely blunted my creativity a bit over the weekend.   I'm going to try to get things up this evening, but I wanted to do everything some justice.

Thanks for your patience!