Maximum Signature Size?

Started by Rexy, July 29, 2013, 07:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rexy

Since I didn't see anything specifiaclly about this...

I was wondering what the limits are on signature size?

Thanks.

Blythe

The limit is 100 pixels tall and 500 pixels wide. You can find some handy signature information here!

Rexy

Quote from: Blythe on July 29, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
The limit is 100 pixels tall and 500 pixels wide. You can find some handy signature information here!
Thank you. I even did a search and still never found that page.

Oniya

Quote from: Rexy on July 29, 2013, 07:57:47 PM

That would be because the search function is currently broken, pending a software re-tooling.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blythe

Quote from: Rexy on July 29, 2013, 07:57:47 PM

There are a lot of things that are hard to find and easy to miss sometimes--especially since, as Oniya said, the search function is broken for now. So no worries!  :-)

Beguile's Mistress

However, the link Blythe gave is for a Tutorial that is located in a thread filled with them.  The tutorials are a sub-heading in the HELP forum in the first column.

steelsmiter

Another interesting tidbit, even if you're nowhere near the numerical limit on characters you can have in a siggy, you can't go more than 8 lines. I know because I tried to put 10 links in my siggy
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Oniya

You could probably fit in a couple more by putting them on the same line with something in-between.  *points at the last line of her sig in the earlier post*

Of course, the characters in the URL add up quickly.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

steelsmiter

Quote from: Oniya on July 31, 2013, 12:45:49 AM
You could probably fit in a couple more by putting them on the same line with something in-between.  *points at the last line of her sig in the earlier post*
oh I know, but I lost a couple of the games due to unenthusiasm with playtesting character death, etc.
Then I went ahead and just posted them on the ole O/Os

QuoteOf course, the characters in the URL add up quickly.
Indeed. I got down to 50/999 characters on a separate occasion.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Caeli

You can cheat, a little, if you remove the http://www. from your URLS.

It means that I usually have to copy-paste from a file on my computer every time I want to change my avatar or signature or anything in my forum profile settings, but I don't really mind doing that if I can have my signature exactly the way I want it. ;D
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Peripherie

I think some people also use http://tinyurl.com/ to cut down on the number of characters used as well.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore