Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ending Discussion, spoilers will run rampant)

Started by Calison, November 26, 2010, 04:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calison

So I just finished the main story. In the words of Desmond at the end of the last game: What. The. Fuck?!

So many questions left unanswered...and so many more that beg to be asked! I would love to hear the thoughts and theories of my fellow Assassins who may have more light to offer on the matter, because I honestly have no idea what to think right now. My largest question that is screwing me over is what was up with the little bit of dialogue when the credits started rolling? What could have that possibly meant?! The solution to the Truth Subject 16 offered this time around is also puzzling as to who he is referring to; is it really Lucy?

Gah >.<

Please discuss.

Inkidu

Actually I'm not so much plagued by questions as I'm eager to see what happens. It's not as confusing as the end of AC 1 in a lot of ways. Those two guys are either Abstergo agents or Assassin's, maybe the mysterious William. So it's not really that much of a puzzler as the first but still a really good ending.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Calison

Oh yes, I agree with you that it was a really good ending, but that doesn't stop the questions from plaguing me xD Can't wait to see what happens in the next game. -nods-

The issue of whether the two guys were Abstergo or Assassin isn't really my main wonder, it is more that after the credits it briefly went back to the final shot at the temple before we're brought back to Ezio. It might have been a game mechanism that had nothing to do with interpretation or story. It really seemed strange to me that they would put Desmond back in the Animus when he's going through shock, but there might a justification for that I'm not thinking of. I believe the exact quote was "back into the Animus" which could semantically mean a number of things...like Desmond (if it is Desmond, dun dun DUN!) being in the Animus the whole time, even at the temple. Does that sound too farfetched?

What is your opinion on Lucy? There are so many signs that possibly indicate she is not to be trusted and I've been paranoid for one reason or another that she may be Templar.