The Collapse of Mankind, oh and Earth too. (Not a comedy)

Started by Demigod1945, October 11, 2013, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demigod1945

New York: Post Judgement Day.

Ok, so I have an idea blossoming, and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested to try it out on E. It is a apocalyptic themed roleplay, but not a zombie one, nor any disease ridden world. Instead I'm going more for a somewhat original idea (I hope).

Back-story:
In the metropolis that is New York City, chaos reigns supreme over all. Over 296 days have passed since what has been called many names, but known by most as, 'Judgment Day'. The day not where the world ended, but Humanity. The estimated population of the Earth before Judgment Day, was 7.117 billion people. Over night, that number dropped to a little over 5 million. There was no war, no famine, no great catastrophe, no plague, no violent cannibalistic walking corpses. Just 6,995,000,000 human beings, vanishing into thin air. No bodies were left behind, no scraps of cloth, no blood, nothing. All of society, gone, in the blink of an eye. And that was just the beginning, because something even worse, and even more unthinkable, happened. And that's when the world ended.

Monsters
Note: Just a few of the monsters that I thought of, obviously I didn't create them, they just somewhat fit the description that I came up with for "My" monsters.
I know, the Abomination from Marvel, but I rather like him as a mindless hell spawn creature thing.

Whatever this thing is, minus the blood since this is PG-13.

Alien wolf thing.
My idea is that these creatures were restricted to New York, explaining why there are only a few types, I will be looking for more inspiration though, to create new ones.

Within 5 days of 'Judgment Day', it was as if the Gates of Tartarus it self were opened like a floodgate; defiling, filthy, and unnatural creatures appeared all over the globe. From the size of an elephant to a small pigeon, these hellish creatures restructured the very biosphere of Earth itself, to suit there needs, quickly assaulting the already existing ecosystems of animals on Earth.  Animals of all types, whether it be the ferocious tiger, or the seemingly insignificant field mouse, became instinct, or endangered. Any surviving species swiftly learned to hide from these new dominant creatures of Earth's food chains. Those that didn't simply ceased to exist.

The remaining human population was even further reduced in number by these walking horrors. Now there aren't even enough people to keep count. Those who were tough enough to survive the Monsters, hunt and scavenge by day, and cower and hide by night. Going out at night is a guaranteed death sentence. In the long run, there seems to be no apparent connection between the monstrosities and the disappearance of almost every single human being. Of course the Human race was the only species capable of even remotely defending themselves against this perverse invasion of the world, but that's not important now, right?

Character sheets: As of now, I don't have plans for a diced based system, or a skill system for that matter, I'll just go on the pretense that people can be trusted with how their characters do things and how well.

Name:
Played By:
Background:
Special Skill or training:

Fairly simple, no?

Rules:
1: Obviously, try not to God mod, I've done it myself a few times due to inexperience, but that's just me, and it was an accident, but with the Role-Plays I've seen on here I don't think that will be an issue.
2: No overpowered or "perfect" characters, I'm serious about this one, you just aren't going to have guy who worked in accounting all of his life, pick up a gun, and suddenly becomes a bad-ass who never misses with it.
3: Please keep it realistic, guns, melee weapons, and ammunition will not be lying in huge piles in the middle of the street. Also I plan, if this thing gains any momentum, to make a sort of "food bar/hydration bar" system. And for those of you who don't like that, don't worry, your character won't die within five minutes if they don't eat a granola bar or something. The human body can last up to three weeks before starving to death, and up to three days without water, so I'll try to model off of that. Please not that this is a "plan", not written in stone kind of deal,  it may not come to fruition, if I feel it would ruin everyone's fun.
4: At least try to post once every other week, I know we all have more important things in life keeping us busy, such as school, work, and other stupid things, so posting frequency is not too big of a deal, just try to post. It's the thought that counts.
5: Since I am on hold, I've been restricted to the Non-Adult sandbox, so while this thread might better suit a different Role-Play section, there is nothing I can do about it. Also, I can not PM so this thread will most likely be the OOC, unless stated otherwise.
6: PLEASE, feel free to give any tips, pointers, or advice, I'm somewhat a 'noob' at creating a Role-Play so any help is welcome. I take criticism well (I think I do anyway), and therefore will take what you say and probably apply it to improve upon this Role-Play and myself.

That sums up all of my thread, so if you're interested, stop on by and poke your head in to ask any specific questions not answered already.

Demigod1945

Ok, so seeing that I wrote this up while half asleep, it seems that I forgot to include the plot and a few other goodies. Noob mistake, I'll just chop it up to that.

Plot: Basically at first the main characters will just survive, any actual storyline is still in the works. Mostly our characters would just try to survive the monsters, and the new world order that they created. Food, water, and safety are in demand, but there just isn't enough supply to go around, so imagine there would be some conflict over resources with the characters. This won't be a Left For Dead shoot-them up type thing, their will be a psychological affect on the characters as they continue through the story and survive, which is probably why this may end being a on dice based system. Also anyone who is interested can help me figure out the finer details though.

Characters: Can be whoever you want, doesn't matter one bit to me, I only ask that if you create someone who was, say, an electrical engineer, that they actually know their way around that particular subject. I don't think that will be an issue, but I'll still point it out.

Combat system: If/when your character fights a monster or another character, I do not have a dice based system in place at the moment. It could be added later on, but as of now, I'll simply trust people to be grown up and make their own decisions that are fair, and realistic, in combat.

I'm sort of running on fumes here for more to add, so please if anyone is interested, do speak up about ideas.

Mercurio123

Sounds interesting, I'd be up for it if we can get the timings right. I'm Europe based with a full time job so my time will be a bit limited, however, assuming you are game and we can find time that works I'd like to play either a medic (not that I'm a surgeon or anything but I can work my way round it) or PC tech. the first would be a practical choice for any adventure whereas the second would be more of a, what would a person do who's knowledge was so useful in a modern society but now is utterly pointless. It could make for decent RP situations though the latter may not live long :-p

Let me know if that is of interest to you and I'll flesh out either character.

Cheers

Demigod1945

I'm based in the USA, more specifically US Central time, but I tend to pull all nighters and such frequently, which is probably not wise, but that might help with the whole timing thing. Anyway, yeah I'm totally game.

Either one of your character ideas work great, so I'll leave your personal preference to decide what you pick. I do like the idea of the tech guy though, probably since I play that role in life myself.

Mercurio123

Haha, so do I. ah could be good fun for a lark. okay here is my suggestion for my character, nothing majorly fleshed out but you get the idea I'm sure:

Name: Marcus Erikson
Played By: Mercurio though I will amend the nick for play but that is what I'm registered under on sorcery

From: Immigrant from Sweden impeccable English as most Scandinavian Europeans tend to be. (unless you mean me at which point UK)
Background: Came over to the states to start a network job for HP. Starting out as a simple sysadmin he pulled in more qualifications and has a knack for security. Doing a bit of White Hatting he ended up tapping in to a big server in Wall Street. Instead of making a mint messing with the figures he kept his white hat firmly on and passed on the holes and how to fix them. This in turn landed him a well paid job at 25 at Wall Street. Things where looking good, finally he can stop paying rent, take up some less usual hobbies like archery, and have a mortgage. a few more years on things seem to be getting better and better. Having people working under him, a nice girl being interested in him, few dates etc.
And then.... life stops... and depending on where the story starts he may be a bit stressed :-p

Special Skill or training: Techie wiz, give him a computer, he can make it sing. Not much use there. Still he is a reasonable shot with a Recurve Bow, even better with a compound. Now if only he shot more than stationary targets he might be useful.

let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Demigod1945

Demigod1945

So it seems that I keep forgetting things...

Player count: A maximum of five players would be ideal, but any number below that would work.

That's all, man I need to stop doing this.

Mercurio123

bwahaha. you need an early night mate.
So a few more players are needed. any takers?

Demigod1945

Alright so I'm simply waiting a few days to see if any one else pipes up interest. If not a one on one would work Mercurio if you want to do that.

Mercurio123

Sure I'm up for giving it a shot. The premise quite appeals to me. It sounds a bit like silent earth but with monsters.

Demigod1945

Ok then, unless someone else pops in here today, I'll start up a IC thread either tomorrow or the next day, depending on whether or not I'm able to get on here.

Mercurio123

Aye, just pop on the details and we'll have a stab at it. As I said before though during the week my time might be fairly limited as I work full time and start rather early but I'm sure we'll manage.

Hazel

Is this still open to people joining? This seems like it'd be an interesting story as it goes along.

Demigod1945

Yeah, it is. And sorry Mercurio, I'm wanting to kind of create a storyline before I make a beginning post, but I'll try not to keep you waiting too long. Probably should have done it before posting this. Stupid, Stupid.

Hazel

Awesome. I would like to join in on this, if you don't mind.  :-)

Mercurio123

no worries. I'm not in a rush, and sure sounds good Charles.
Could be fun. three intrepid adventurers exploring a dangerous new world and stuff.

AnaBellaJade

Mercurio123

It has yet to start so yes from where I stand. I'm tempted to just start something myself and just see what happens though if you are game and the original poster doesn't make a move..

AnaBellaJade

It says their account is on hold, maybe they are just not active? I am hoping to find an RP soon, I don't want to steal their idea but if you do something similar to this please let me know, I'm ready to get started lol.

Mercurio123

It probably means he went idle. Sod it, yeah I'll go set something up. Is forum okay for you? IRC can be an option too.
I'll make an introductory post in a new thread with some background story and my character and we can get this rolling. Anyone who was in this thread at some point will be welcome to join. I'll pretty much stick to the lines as presented originally so no dice as of yet but if this picks up and there is a need for it we can work something out or just free form it.
Cheers,
M

Hazel

AnaBellaJade

Okay I'll keep an eye out and start putting together a good character for this.

Mercurio123

cool cool, I'll have an intro up by tomorrow I think. I'm part way done, just too late now for me to finish it off.
Good to see you are interested as well still Charles. :)

Mercurio123

First post up
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194513.0
I left the post so I could meet one, or both of you. We can use this forum as a sort of OOC if required or use the messaging system. I'm easy. No dice just yet but as stated before if deemed preferable I'm sure we can work something out. there are plenty systems out there that can be adapted for this or we can just use it as a randomizer.

Anyway have a read, hope you like it and are up for giving it a shot.

Cheerio,
M

Hazel

Okay, I'm going to strike up a character sheet and then start on a post.

Name: John Michaels
Played By: Charles

Background: He was completely normal by any ones standards, if a bit quiet. He had developed a fear of darkness, stringing from the many night terrors he had. He had started to take a career in the culinary arts,and had found a college in New York. His education had been going fine, and he was busying himself with finding a job to pay for his bills. That was until he went to the Broadway show that some of his friends had gotten him to go see. It hadn't been terribly exciting, so he decided to sleep a bit. It was dark and no one would find out. That was until he woke up, no one around him. He was alone with nothing but a bright light set on where it had started to show some actor doing their thing. He was alone again, like he had never been before.

Special Skill or training: Can cook well. Also can use a knife very well, but not that efficient at it.