Erotic Pathfinder Play-By-Post(interest check)

Started by EroticFantasyAuthor, April 19, 2013, 02:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 19, 2013, 04:33:28 PM
As for my own characters I am planning to play versions of two characters I've had for while. Two sisters(who would be sisters with benefits), thus why I wanted the option of multiple characters to be allowed. They both would most likely worship Aauluran from the Book of Erotic Fantasy. I have versions of their character sheets I can link. Flaws & traits from other sources than just the SRD would have to be allowed. These are the ones I'm interested in, they are for standard 3.5 however. Relentless(trait) & Nymphomaniac(Flaw) Would gesalt be doable? Would make things easier for me to bring other/adjust to campaigns, but if not, no problem. I would also like to start around low-high to low-mid levels(6 to 10), what are everyone else's thoughts?

Edit: Wow, well that sucks. Seems the Nymphomaniac flaw was taken out/down from the wiki. Hmm, would it be possible to homebrew a flaw?

Like I said I am a touch newbish as a DM. I have no clue what a Gestalt is. And the Nyphomaniac Flaw has been deleted before I could view it. I'll allow it to be homebrewed if it is similar to the one you wanted.

However I am wanting to try and merge Pathfinder and CoC as I intend. But Erotic, I would like to know what you are opposed about such a concept if I may ask.

Okay as far as level is concerned I wanna give you guys some experience however not that much so I'll put the lot of you at level 6 with the appropriate starting gold.

Anyone that plays a Paladin or wants to play a Paladin can talk to me about it as I am not a horrible DM when I see one.

EroticFantasyAuthor

My two planned characters are sisters, versions of two characters I've had for awhile. Dawn & Stephanie Anathitae. mechanic wise they are Half-Elves but really they've one-third human, one-third elf(likely wood), and one-third nymph. I would like to give them something for their nymph blood, nothing major, thinking just the equivalent of 3.5's +0 LA template.

As for the homebrew class I'd like to run, this is what I've been using for a previous campaign(please note it has not been updated to Pathfinder and is basically just a modified Beguiler with the listed changes).

Carnal Mage

Edit: I'm not really that familiar with CoC, just saw the picture and thought it was an great example. My idea was mostly just a High Fantasy D&D(Pathfinder) campaign with heavy erotica. What did you have in mind?

Edit 2: Deleted homebrew class, updated version posted.

Thorn14

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 19, 2013, 04:54:26 PM
You're first in line should someone drop out and if you still wish to join then but six players is a heavy plate for me. I am sorry Thorn.

Hey no problem here. Appreciate it.

And I like that Class haha.

I love the idea of the erotic sense like you described.

And the Ravenloft idea of people from different worlds is really fascinating I think. Someone who is not used to sex ending up in a carnal land would be quite fun.

Niki315

Aww... too bad I didn't see this one earlier.  I would have liked to play.  I could theoretically co-GM also if you guys need some help.  I've never done CoC before,  but I've run a lot of 3.5 games.

Yukina

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 19, 2013, 05:11:56 PM
Like I said I am a touch newbish as a DM. I have no clue what a Gestalt is. And the Nyphomaniac Flaw has been deleted before I could view it. I'll allow it to be homebrewed if it is similar to the one you wanted.

However I am wanting to try and merge Pathfinder and CoC as I intend. But Erotic, I would like to know what you are opposed about such a concept if I may ask.

Okay as far as level is concerned I wanna give you guys some experience however not that much so I'll put the lot of you at level 6 with the appropriate starting gold.

Anyone that plays a Paladin or wants to play a Paladin can talk to me about it as I am not a horrible DM when I see one.

Ok. I'll get right on my character then.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Niki315 on April 19, 2013, 05:20:49 PM
Aww... too bad I didn't see this one earlier.  I would have liked to play.  I could theoretically co-GM also if you guys need some help.  I've never done CoC before,  but I've run a lot of 3.5 games.

You sure you would wanna Co-GM with me? I ask because I am seriously considering that.

As for your class Erotic I have no issue with it, but what I do slightly hold issue with is the unknown nymph trait you intend to put on them. I'd naturally have to have a look at it.

Also folks before we start I would request you send or submit a sheet through a browser character sheet like Plothook or so forth. It is easier in my opinion. Allow me to submit an example.

Laughing Hyena

Your Name
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7683

Ons and Offs: Self-explanatory to say the least.

Backstory: Two Paragraphs worth of backstory so I can work off of that.

Appearance: (Image or Description or both)

Niki315

It depends on the kind of help you'd need really.  I can play almost any type of NPC, and while I'm not super-familiar with Pathfinder, I have the book and a lot of 3.5 knowledge.  Also, I tend to be pretty good at coming up with things on the fly, which is more important for tabletop than play by post, but it couldn't hurt.  For a level 6 campaign I could look into the various monster manuals and probably find plenty of encounters that could be twisted into something more erotic, though erotic GMing isn't entirely my strong suit.  And if there's a lot of homebrew classes and feats and stuff, it's pretty easy to play loose with the system and just focus on the rp.  But yeah, like I said, I can co-GM but I'd need to know exactly what I'd be focusing on.

Muse

Hyeena, if you're cool with a custom class that brings 3.5 spells to pathfinder, more power too you, I aprove. 

I'd like to offer some constructive criticism of said class, though. 

A.  In pathfinder, prepared cantrips can be cast indefinitely, so there's little point in a class ability that gives back a cantrip slot. 

B.  I was going to say that you should give full charisma modifier as a (specific type) bonus to armor class, but then I remembered that you'd be stacking this with mage armor and figured that it's not so bad. 

C.  I advise you to change the class skills to those used in the Pathfinder game. 

Does anyone need a link to the Pathfinder System Refrence Document?  It's VERY useful. 

Hyeena, if it fits the setting, I'd like to play my Aasimar Gunslinger concept.  This song inspired her: 

Nightcore - Angel With A Shotgun

Niki, high five for referring to your game books as "Knowledge".  We did that a lot in my college game group. 

The last few chapters of the DMG were "The Book of Armaments."  The magic item compendium was, "The Holy Book of Hand Grenades."  But it was all, "The Knowledge." 

More when I wake up.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EroticFantasyAuthor

The class still needs to be updated to Pathfinder. And I might change the armor ability to full Charisma modifier as a circumstance bonus.

As for the template idea, I will of course fun it by you for approval, need to find it, have it written down somewhere.

I'll update the class as well and post it. Has Paizo released an update Pathfinder Beguiler? Bit out of the loop recently, last new book I know of is Ultimate Combat.

As for 3.5 Spells, shouldn't be an issue, Pathfinder was designed with using 3.5 material(with minor updates) in mind.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Muse on April 19, 2013, 05:43:47 PM
  Hyeena, if you're cool with a custom class that brings 3.5 spells to pathfinder, more power too you, I aprove. 

I'd like to offer some constructive criticism of said class, though. 

A.  In pathfinder, prepared cantrips can be cast indefinitely, so there's little point in a class ability that gives back a cantrip slot. 

B.  I was going to say that you should give full charisma modifier as a (specific type) bonus to armor class, but then I remembered that you'd be stacking this with mage armor and figured that it's not so bad. 

C.  I advise you to change the class skills to those used in the Pathfinder game. 

Does anyone need a link to the Pathfinder System Refrence Document?  It's VERY useful. 

Hyeena, if it fits the setting, I'd like to play my Aasimar Gunslinger concept.  This song inspired her: 

Nightcore - Angel With A Shotgun

Niki, high five for referring to your game books as "Knowledge".  We did that a lot in my college game group. 

The last few chapters of the DMG were "The Book of Armaments."  The magic item compendium was, "The Holy Book of Hand Grenades."  But it was all, "The Knowledge." 

More when I wake up.  :)

Niki Id prefer someone to help with keeping the game flowing smoothly. Assistance in Combat Setup (aka finding good encounters) and some advanced planning for the plot are what Id want of you. (your planning on the fly) Naturally you'd be able to play NPCs as well at your leisure.

Muse run your sheet by me first before I sign off on it. But if I am letting a pair of partial Nymph/Elf/Human Twins in then you already have a head start. Just be aware that the Aasimar may be walking funny from time to time.

On item A) Muse has a point in this Erotic after double checking.

On Item B) If the Carnal Mage doesn't have mage armor then she would enjoy the full bonus but if not then no she would only get half that. I ain't used to power gaming from the DM point of view.

On Item C) That already goes without saying. We are using pathfinder rules with some 3.5 spliced in since theres no equivalent to the BoEF for Pathfinder

Yukina

Would you like us to roll a separate Appearance stat due to The Book of Erotic Fantasy's rules?

Niki315

I could help with encounter set up and stuff.  It's one of the things I really enjoy doing as a GM.  And plot-type things usually depends on the players.  I have a tendency to build in contingencies for my villains, and a lot of times players feel gypped when they don't get a chance to actually wreak havoc on the enemy.  BUt yeah, I'd be happy to help.  I have some fun things I could work with. 

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Yugishogun on April 19, 2013, 06:14:35 PM
Would you like us to roll a separate Appearance stat due to The Book of Erotic Fantasy's rules?

No. I prefer charisma counting as appearance. Speaking of which I prefer a 4d6 (drop lowest) system rolled 7 times. This gives a fair chance for a well rounded character.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Niki315 on April 19, 2013, 06:16:04 PM
I could help with encounter set up and stuff.  It's one of the things I really enjoy doing as a GM.  And plot-type things usually depends on the players.  I have a tendency to build in contingencies for my villains, and a lot of times players feel gypped when they don't get a chance to actually wreak havoc on the enemy.  BUt yeah, I'd be happy to help.  I have some fun things I could work with.

Much appreciated. And the best way I found to have a recurring villain like that is to make him/her a full on coward. More satisfaction and it would give reason to why he can get away. He's a professional at it. ^_^

EroticFantasyAuthor

I actually dislike rolling for attributes, I would much prefer a high powered point-buy or what about this...

It's a "system" that my irl group has used, we call it the "Take 82 rule" Basically you can have whichever attributes you want, but all six need to equal 82 when added together. No attribute can be lower than three or higher than 18 before racial modifiers(as if you had actually rolled for them). This allows for better character customization and doesn't run the risk of players getting screwed or character concepts being ruined due to poor rolls.

One of my favorite combinations for the take 82 rule(for example) Would be 16,16, 14, 14, 12, 10, I've also used 18, 18, 10, 10, 10, 10. in the past.

I really don't like rolling for stats.

Laughing Hyena

We'll put that to a vote. All in favor of Erotics Take 82 approach to ability scores?

Yukina

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 19, 2013, 06:37:22 PM
We'll put that to a vote. All in favor of Erotics Take 82 approach to ability scores?

I still favor the "4d6 (remove lowest)" method.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Why not allow each player individually to do what they prefer? Take 82, Point-Buy(decided on by DM, maybe 32? Or would that be too high?) Or Rolling.

Edit: Or how about, we roll, but if we do not like the rolls we get, we have the option to take the 16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 10 Take 82 configuration?

Edit 2: Oh and for the Carnal Mage spell list, is it okay to just add spells from the Book of Erotic Fantasy to the existing Beguiler Spell list, or would you like me to trade out/substitute? Sorry if this was answered/mentioned else-where and I missed it

Yukina

Laughing Hyena

Yes to the traits. Two of them and each must be from a different field. ^_^

Erotic, I don't think it is smart to have multiple ability score options available.

As for the spells I would like to have them be substituted flat out, unless you can make a compelling argument why they would be able to cast detect secret doors as a carnal mage and so forth. ^_^

EroticFantasyAuthor

Carnal Mage(Modified Beguiler) - Updated for Pathfinder

Spells: To cast a Carnal Mage spell, you must have an Charisma score of 10 + the spell’s level (Cha 10 for 0-level spells, Cha 11 for 1st-level spells, and so forth). The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Carnal Mage’s spell is 10 + the spell’s level + the Carnal Mage’s Cha modifier. Like other spellcasters, a Carnal Mage can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. The base daily spell allotment is given on Table 1–1(Beguiler, PHB II). In addition, you receive bonus spells for a high Charisma score

A Carnal Mage needs a full night's rest and regains her spells through having sex for an hour(this can occur before or after resting). Masturbation does not count as sex for this purpose. This would use the mechanics for Perform: Sexual Techniques in the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level): Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Local), Linguistics, Perform (Sexual Techniques), Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Stealth, Swim, Use Magic Device.

HP: D8

BAB/Saves/Spells Per Day(Aside from 0 level): Same as Beguiler

Cantrips: 0 Level Spells are cast like any other spell, but
they are not expended when cast and may be used again.

Eschew Materials: The Carnal Mage gains Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at first level.

Orgasmic Renewal (Ex) (Replaces Trapfinding): The Carnal Mage can convert the sexual energy produced by an orgasm into magical energy to renew spell slots. She can only do this once per day at first level, gaining an additional use every-other level(3rd level, 5th level and so on for a total of 10 times per day at 19th level).

Masturbatory Renewal At first level, the Carnal Mage can renew a 1st Level Spell Slot by achieving an orgasm through self stimulation.

Sensual Caresses At fifth level, the Carnal Mage can renew up to a 2nd Level Spell Slot by achieving an orgasm through the sensual massages of a partner's hands

Oral Bliss At ninth level, the Carnal Mage can renew up to a 3rd Level Spell Slot by achieving an orgasm through her partner's blissful application of lips and tongue.

Erotic Delight At thirteenth level, the Carnal mage can renew up to a 4th Level Spell Slot by achieving an orgasm through the delightful joining of her partner's genitals with her own.

Complete Ecstasy At Seventeenth level, the Carnal Mage can renew up to a 5th Level Spell Slot by achieving an orgasm through her partner combining Sensuality, Bliss and Delight to induce pure ecstasy.

Distracting Tease (Ex) (Replaces Armor Proficiency and Armored Mage): Often a good distraction can provide an effective defense. A peeking areola, partially exposed southern cheeks or the subtle press of puffy petals against thin snug fabric can be all it takes to cause an opportune loss of focus. At first level the Carnal Mage gains a bonus to her Armor Class equal to her Charisma Modifier.  This ability functions only when the Carnal Mage is wearing revealing clothing.

Cloaked Casting (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a Carnal Mage’s spells become more effective when cast against an unwary foe. You gain a +1 bonus to the spell’s save DC when you cast a spell that targets any foe who would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not).
At 8th level, you gain a +2 bonus on rolls made to overcome the spell resistance of any affected target.
At 14th level, the bonus to your spell’s save DC increases to +2.
At 20th level, you become able to automatically overcome the spell resistance of any affected target.

Surprise Casting (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, when you successfully use the Bluff skill to feint in combat, your target is denied its Dexterity bonus (if it has one) to AC for the next melee attack you make against it or the next spell you cast. You must remain in melee with the target, and the attack must be made or the spell cast on or before your next turn. The target is not considered fl at-footed and therefore can make attacks of opportunity against you if you do not cast defensively. Surprise casting can also be used when engaged in a sexual act(including masturbation).
At 6th level, you gain the ability to feint in combat as a move action instead of a standard action. If you have the Improved Feint feat, you can now feint in combat as a swift action.

Advanced Learning (Ex): At 3rd level, you can add a new spell to your list, representing the result of personal study and experimentation. The spell must be a sorcerer/wizard spell of the enchantment or illusion school and of a level no higher than that of the highest-level spell you already know. Once a new spell is selected, it is forever added to your spell list and can be cast just like any other spell on your list. You gain another new spell at 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th level

Silent Spell: At 5th level, you gain Silent Spell as a
bonus feat.

Still Spell: At 10th level, you gain Still Spell as a bonus
feat.

Carnal Mage Spell List

0 Level Spells: Depliatory, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Grope, Message, Prestidigitation.

1st Level Spells: Block the Seed, Charm Person, Comprehend Languages, Disguise Self, Expeditious Retreat, Hypnotism, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Share Sensation, Silent Image, Sleep, Undetectable Alignment, Visions of Exquisite Pleasure, Whelm.

2nd Level Spells: Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Disrobe, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hypnotic Pattern, Invisibility, Magic Probe, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, See Invisibility, Silence, Spider Climb, Stay the Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Touch Me Not, Unseen Lover, Whelming Burst.

3rd Level Spells: Arcane Sight, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Cursed Orgasm, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Glibness, Halt, Haste, Hesitate, Hold Person, Inevitable Defeat, Invisibility Sphere, Major Image, Nondetection, Phantasmal Lover, Privacy, Reverse Gender, Slow, Suggestion, Zone of Silence.

4th Level Spells: When Needed

5th Level Spells: When Needed

6th Level Spells: When Needed

Spell List Tradings

0 Level:  Dancing Lights for Depliatory(BoEF pg 102), Open/Close for Grope(BoEF pg 106), Read Magic for Prestidigitation

1st Level:  Color Spray for Visions of Exquisite Pleasure(BoEF pg 117), Detect Secret Doors for Block the Seed (BoEF pg 101), Rouse for Share Sensation (BoEF pg 115)

2nd Level: Blinding Color Surge for Magic Probe(BoEF pg 111), Blur for Disrobe(BoEF pg 103), Knock for Touch Me Not(BoEF pg 116-117), Vertigo for Unseen Lover(BoEF pg 117)

3rd Level: Displacement for Phantasmal Lover(BoEF pg 113), Crown of Veils for Cursed Orgasm(BoEF pg 102), Legion of Sentinels for Privacy(BoEF pg 114), Vertigo Field for Reverse Gender(BoEF pg 115)

4th Level: Coming soon, when needed

5th Level: Coming soon, when needed

6th Level: Coming soon, when needed

Nymph Blooded Template

Captivating Beauty: When looking at the individual in their full glory(nude or mostly), Will Save or Dazed for one round. Can't suppress or renew.

Nature's Grace: Wild Empathy(As Druid ability) with +2 Racial Bonus(Nymph is +6 racial bonus, roughly one-third nymph, one third the bonus, heh). Knowledge (Nature) and Survival always considered class skills.

Niki315

Also, I know there's the BoEF in the d20 open source, but there's also Blue Magic (Nymphology) if you want to go back to 3rd edition.  There might be a bit in there for inspiration as well. 

And as for picking ability scores, if we can't reach a consensus on what we want to do, what tends to work is letting the people who want to roll roll, and then finding the average total for point buy, and whoever has the lowest rolls can reroll.  There's usually some disagreement in character generation, but there's usually a way to make everyone content.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 19, 2013, 07:19:43 PM
Yes to the traits. Two of them and each must be from a different field. ^_^

Erotic, I don't think it is smart to have multiple ability score options available.

As for the spells I would like to have them be substituted flat out, unless you can make a compelling argument why they would be able to cast detect secret doors as a carnal mage and so forth. ^_^

Yeah I agree that having multiple forms of stat generation can be problematic, too easy to get powerful characters alongside underpowered characters. Which is why I suggested the compromise  ;)  Roll as normal, don't like what you've gotten, take the straight up 16, 16, 14, 14, 12 ,10 configuration

Edit: In my experience, for Play By Posts, the best thing to do is Point Buy. My take 82 rule is sort of like point buy, just a bit simpler. It's no fun playing a character that you've rolled poor stats for. Point Buy allows for a greater degree of control when selecting your character's ability scores.

I've been a bit out of practice, the initial post should've been a lot better, including a campaign checklist, I apologize.

godfang

Actually, 6 is abit much for a pbp. I'll back out for now. If anyone has maptools, i can perhaps help by DMing those guys.