WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

I have like 200 Thriumphs and a handfull of Frosts. I don't use either, to be honest *laughs*
I'll just hold on to them. Honestly, both HCs and raids are a bit boring for me at this point.
Thanks guys.

Callie Del Noire

So far I think the goblin starting quests are much more enjoyable than the worgens.. but it's a hard call. You get to save thrall and escape not one but two exploding islands. :D

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 04, 2010, 08:04:38 PM
So far I think the goblin starting quests are much more enjoyable than the worgens.. but it's a hard call. You get to save thrall and escape not one but two exploding islands. :D

ooh yeahs? Well...Worgens are werewolves! So take that! o3o

hellcat858

I'm stoked for it, i've had it paid off in my pre order for about a month and a half now and I am on the beta so I can't wait to see it go live. The revamping isn't as extreme as I would have liked it to be in terms of the zones but the new questflow makes almost every questline feel like a singleplayer experience which is a nice change of pace from the go here - do this - come back - do this - CHACHING leveled...
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate

SinXAzgard21

I'm looking forward to it, have played the beta....Worgen's don't impress me.  In my own opinion Blizz could have picked a better race for the alliance but meh.  The t11 gear looks good for some classes and horrid for other (sorry rouges but you guys got screwed in this expansion.).  I have it pre-ordered but the store is expecting people 250 people to show up so I'm probably going to grab my DS and sit out there an hour early and thankfully I live right near the gamestop so I can get home and begin download asap.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

hellcat858

I'm right there with ya SinX, My Gamestop is a 2 minute drive from my house and I will probably be camped early for it... The cold weather were getting won't be forgiving I can assure you all of that, but thats the cost of being a WoW gamer.
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate

Aiden

You do can pre-download and install w/o buying the digital copy.

I'm still debating if I am going to midnight release...

The idea of taco bell, baja blast and a night of wow seems oddly alluring.

Bloody Rose

The group of my friends (like 15 of them) are all going to the midnight release and then we are going to go to a store one of them owns to play all night long, will be fun ^^

The Golden Touch

Where's the fun in buying online?  Its all about the anticipation of waiting in line and getting your copy.  Christ... Gamer buzzkill. ><;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: The Golden Touch on November 09, 2010, 12:18:44 PM
Where's the fun in buying online?  Its all about the anticipation of waiting in line and getting your copy.  Christ... Gamer buzzkill. ><;

Well.. let's see..
You can play till the servers go down for reboot, start up your program and it's ALL there already! Boom! 12:01 PST you're ready to go (even if Blizzard isn't.. bets folks?) and IF you can log on no dealing with crowds, juggling DVDs to install, ect..

hellcat858

The midnight release is what makes it so fun though! Sure you can digitally order it and get straight in but thats not why -I- am doing it, I am stoked for standing in line for an hour or two in the cold with some buddies of mine, getting my copy and bootin' it back home where my friends and I can enter the new Azeroth for the first time together. (Not technically my first time but still!)
DM me on Discord!
virus_syndicate

meikle

Quote from: hellcat858 on November 09, 2010, 12:33:48 PM
The midnight release is what makes it so fun though! Sure you can digitally order it and get straight in but thats not why -I- am doing it, I am stoked for standing in line for an hour or two in the cold with some buddies of mine, getting my copy and bootin' it back home where my friends and I can enter the new Azeroth for the first time together. (Not technically my first time but still!)

while you are standing in the cold with your friends, i will be playing WoW with my friends
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: meikle on November 09, 2010, 12:53:26 PM
while you are standing in the cold with your friends, i will be playing WoW with my friends

If there isn't a max Mbs download rate.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Bloody Rose

Quote from: meikle on November 09, 2010, 12:53:26 PM

While you playing wow with your friends I will be with my friends messing around gamestop and drinking our heads out until the doors open for the expansion giving. Going to open a new game... *can't wait*

meikle

Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Callie Del Noire

I just hope the idiots don't open Silvermoon back up to free transfers. They did it just before Lich King and we had MONTHS of 5k queues. All the while we were screaming at them for doing it. (Silvermoon is one of the original servers)

Aiden

Yea...I'm going to the midnight release.

But like hell I am waiting inline, I'm gonna tailgate with some people and hang out until the lines die down then we go in. Same thing I did with Halo 3  XD

Noxious

I am getting kinda bored of good ole Icecrown.
Especially sense half of my guild is mia.
Wiping on HBQ for three hours straight is no fun when you were able to oneshot it just a few weeks ago...

I am pre-ordering my copy of Cata ASAP. My broke ass just needs to earn the money for it. I sooo can not wait.

Callie Del Noire

The Golden Touch

So, new patch... All it really did was mess with my Addons [Again!] and prevent me from seeing my party, trade and guild chat.  Gah... ><;

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Flower

I cannot wait for Cataclysm to come out. This is my first time playing during an expansion release. I just hate to see everyone crying about the changes to their classes. I love change. =)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dancing flower on November 18, 2010, 01:17:38 AM
I cannot wait for Cataclysm to come out. This is my first time playing during an expansion release. I just hate to see everyone crying about the changes to their classes. I love change. =)

Wait till you see the massive surge in bugs, server stalls, massive pile ups around quest zone 'pinch points' and bugged quests and all manners of fun.

Flower

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 18, 2010, 01:33:05 AM
Wait till you see the massive surge in bugs, server stalls, massive pile ups around quest zone 'pinch points' and bugged quests and all manners of fun.

Yes, I heard that the first few months will be horrible. I'm not sure if that will affect my play. Of course, I will be agitated and annoyed but Icecrown has become so boring lately. Half of my guildees have left until Cata comes out. Plus, I look forward to putting goblins in their place. =)

Callie Del Noire

Goblins have the BEST Quests till around level 15 or so. I mean you get to burn zombies with hover boots, use the remains to destroy a massive critter (using the BOOTzooka!), get to run folks down with a car, steal the island you start on clean, throw a bomb in Deathwing's face, ride in a shark with FRIGGIN lazer beams!

Not that the Worgen aren't a fun zone either. :D

Bloody Rose