A Science Fantasy Idea[NC to EX]

Started by Dorian Grandale, November 09, 2012, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorian Grandale

Okay, here's something I've been thinking about:
Backstory

Terra, shining beacon of the Human Alliance, has been invaded by the reptilian giants, known as the Quartona. Their respective fleets rage in orbit, while Quartona landing parties and Terran defense forces ravage the surface. Kyria, a planet of warriors, and the original home of those who became the Quartona.  A race of powerful men who see women as needing to be protected.  A world of Magic and power.  And here live the mortal enemies of the Quartona. The Kyrie are special in many ways.

The Kyrie look human in many respects, but their height and propensity toward odd eye colors, set them apart from humans.  Their heights range from 6'1" to a towering 8'2". Their eye, hair and skin color match those of humans, but their eye colors also range into the violets, yellows and ambers, much to some human's shock. Also, their hair color tends to very light colors on some individuals, pure white being uncommon but not unheard of. Upon closer inspection, it is clear, that what appears to be hair on their heads, are actually very thin feathers. This, combined with their great wings, which root in under their shoulder blades, reveals the Kyrie race's avian ancestry.

The Kyrie have a problem that has plagued ever since they can remember: their female birth rate is abysmally low. There are about 250 Kyrie males for every female. This has led to a peculiar system of traditions to be set in place. Females are protected from any harm, and not allowed to take direct part in battle. Also, most females are given as 'charges' to a capable male, usually a Warrior or a Keeper, for safekeeping. Said Warrior or Keeper may take mates from his charges, as long as they accept him and are of age. It is not unheard of for a female in one male's charge to take another male as her mate. In such a case, she is transferred to the new male's care. Females are well educated and trained to fulfill their functions, and to be capable mothers. Apart from that, most females in Kyria enjoy a simple existence, as they work on home tasks under the watchful eye of their protector.

The Kyrie have three main combat occupations, which they call Tasks. These are the Warriors, the Keepers, and the Teks. Their Warriors, bred since birth to be such, are actually very varied in their builds, from literal walls of muscle to almost dainty but very agile ones. They are the ones most charged with defending females. Their Keepers, on the other hand, tend to be slight in build, but their enormous intellects and psychic power more than makes up for that. Their Teks are a mixture of the two, as both brains and brawn are usually needed to build something. A starship's crew, based on the ship's size, usually includes two or more Teks, a Keeper to supervise the sickbay, and varying amounts of Warriors, the ship's commanding officer usually being one of them.

Their main homeworld, Kyria, is a temperate world, slightly larger than Terra, orbiting an orange sun they call Anydis(Giver). Three other planets accompany Kyria in its endless procession around Anydis. Tiokk, a tiny speck of rock some distance out from Kyria, is much like akin Sol's Mars, with a thick carbon dioxide atmosphere and frozen water poles. Next out is Gauthanus, a gas giant with luminous cloud patterns that can be seen for millions of miles.

Out in the frozen fringes of the system, an oddity is present: Zhirov, a fireworld. This is the new home of the Kyrie's main enemy: the Quartona, a race of lizard-like giants. The Quartona were once related to the Kyrie, but an ancient war, which involved heavy genetic experimentation, and thousands of years of isolation, have turned the Quartona into a very different species. They are still hell bent on destroying the Kyrie in any way possible, but they too have the same female birthrate problem. To stem this, they raid other races for female slaves to use for breeding. The Terrans appear to be next on the list...

The Terrans weren’t expecting the attack, knowing little about the Kyrie's ancient enemies, but with Terra’s situation, more women than men, they were a perfect target.  However, Terran females fight right alongside their men.  They aren’t afraid of dying. On Terra people are trained from the earliest age to become what they will be.  And here is where the story begins, a bold and resourceful ship captain running the gauntlet of the Quartona fleet, in an effort to save some of her people, and to request assistance from the Kyrie..

Character Sheet

Name:
Appearance: (Pics encouraged! Or just write it out.)

Ons:
Offs:
Abilities: (3 to 5 of them, keep relative power in mind. More abilities, less power on each.)
Background:

Okay! Possible Role list follows. Not all of these are needed, but would be nice.

Aboard the refugee ship
-Captain  <-  Claimed by Alexandra Moldovia, playing Ship Captain Alexandra
-Security Chief:
-Marine Commander: <- Claimed by IrishWolf, playing Marine Major Jack Clark.
--Marines:
---> Katra Alexion, character pending

-Unique refugees(soldiers, scientists, psi-users, mages, etc.)
--Psychic/Comm Officer: <- Claimed by Caela, playing Akira Rose Matthews.
On Kyria
-Kyrie
--Warriors/ShieldMaidens - ShieldMaidens are female Kyrie, which are allowed to go into battle, because they are barren, and cannot fulfill their primary role as mothers.
---> Dyami Mingan Namid, played by Kdyami.

--Keepers - Powerful Psionics, as well as healers. They usually bear the task of reconditioning females that have been returned by the Quartona..

--Teks - Working on almost anything from simple home appliances, to planetary shields, this field is equally staffed by both male and female Kyrie. It is the only other way females are allowed near combat.

--Disciples - Look here for the info. Too long to add here..
---> Katra Alexion, character pending
Elsewhere
-Nihanni (More on this later, too.)
-Quartona
--Warmasters
--Dominators
--Artificers
-Other Aliens
---> Kimera, character pending
UPDATE
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159307.0 <- Initial IC thread
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Alexandra Moldovia

As always I'd be interested, though I don't like crunchy systems.  It does seem like a fun story though.

Dorian Grandale

Awesome!

The system stuff is for later, once I set up a full game. As I mentioned, it would be something homebrew. I promise to keep it simple and stupid.

Alexandra Moldovia

*laughs* simple and stupid...*She shakes her head at a bad joke* alright.  I can live with that.

Dorian Grandale

Well, if there are no other takers, I think I'll start with Alexandra over here.

Any of you who might be interested, hey, let me know!

Siereis

Actually, I am extremely intrigued by this idea....though how are you planning on dealing with characters?  Like were you planning on having a character sheet?

Regardless, count me in...I'm always up for a good sci-fi RP with a decent plot!

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Hello there, Siereis.

Yes, I can give you a basic outline, if you need one. Currently I'm still working out what I will need for each chara. Do be warned, if I make this into a full game, I will be using a (very) light system. Would that be a problem?

Otherwise, what concept, out of the story, is attracting your attention?

Siereis

That's totally fine...in fact I prefer RP where I don't have to come up with all the stats beforehand.  In terms of what catches my eyes immediately, I love the contrast between female ratio between the races..should make for some pretty interesting reactions from the Quartona and the Kyrie.

However...I do have a few questions:
1) What sort of RP were you expecting this to be exactly?  Adventure type sounds the most obvious to me.
2) Relatively how smuty do you predict it being, and in what ways?
3) How many people did you ideally want to join in?

IrishWolf

Well this is interesting to be sure. Any room for a male Terran marine and what are we looking at in terms of weapons and armor tech for the Terrans?

Dorian Grandale

Okay. Your questions first, Siereis.

What sort of RP were you expecting this to be exactly?  Adventure type sounds the most obvious to me.

Keep in mind, this is being developed as we speak, so some things might change!

But yes, Adventure is the main ingredient, with the ensuing war as a background. There's no reason Romance and lots of Action might not be involved. The initial drive, for the humans, is to rescue their people/drive the Quartona back. For the Kyrie, it is more of helping their allies, while struggling with cultural change.

Relatively how smuty do you predict it being, and in what ways?

As I marked the thread, due to the chance of capture, the obvious 'we want your women' theme, and other future stuff. I might put this in the Extreme section. As for how smutty, that, my dear, is up to you and the other players. I expect at least one player to have a Quartona chara.. I hope.

How many people did you ideally want to join in?

I'm looking at 4-6 players, with a 2, maybe 3 chara limit per player. If more people join, that's good too!

Okay. Now for your question, IrishWolf.

Once again, this is being developed! Be sure to ask/suggest/demand things if you have an idea!

Case in point, your technology question. The Humans tech would be a mix of Halo and Mass Effect(That's ME 1, to be sure), with lots o' guns and such. Kinetic barriers are in their infancy, but usable. They have much less strength than shown in the game, and much longer cooldown times. This is because more focus was given on making them portable and integrated into armor. The Master Chief's Mjolnir Armor -might- be available, if you give me a good enough backstory. ;)

Kyrie tech is mixed with actual magic, and has a more archaic look to it, but still just as advanced. Fielded swords, auto-returning thrown weapons, semi-powered knight's armor and the like.

IrishWolf

Alright, sounds good. For the shipboard marines, how would you feel about light combat armor (just something slightly more advanced then modern ballistic armor) integrated with a survival suit and a fancy helmet (tactical display, comm equipment,, among other things)?

And how do you feel about biomechanical prosthetics and cybernetic augmentation?

Caela

Love the ways it looks like this game could go. so many chances for outright combat, deception, backstabbing and the politics involved between everyone could be devious indeed. Especially if the Kyrie decided to say, "Sure we'll help you drive off the lizard people...for a few of your women!" lol

When you decide on a basic character outline I'll set up a CS for approval. This just looks too fun not to get in on. :)

IrishWolf

Caela! The fun factor for this game as gone up ten fold!

Caela

Shhhhh, Irish, you'll make me blush!

IrishWolf

I happen to find a woman blushing very attractive Caela. You and MzHyde were the best thing about UNSF and my, with great characters and writing skill.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Mr. Wolf. You read my mind. That sounds very reasonable. As for the rest, it will be entirely possible. I do hope a light, simple system will not scare you away, will it?

------------------

Ah, Welcome to my demented little scheme, Caela! Yes, I'm sure this will turn out smashing, indeed.

Warning! Warning! I shall be updating the first post shortly!

IrishWolf

Excellent. I do prefer free-form but a light system wouldn't send me running for the hills.

Kdyami

Is a male Kyria an available character selection.  If so I'd be very interested in playing.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Caela

Might not post much here the next couple of days but I won't be losing interest. I have to work 12 hour shifts tomorrow and wednesday and if they're busy they may just wipe me out. Will work on a CS by thursday.

Dorian Grandale

Kdyami: Hey, welcome! A little correction, though: Kyria is the name of the home world, Kyrie beinf the race's name. And yes, they are perfectly available.

There are four flavors: Warrior, Keeper, Tek, and a fourth one I'm working on. I hope the names are self-explanatory. If not, I'll post up some info on them soon.

Caela: Yup. Know that very well. Don't worry too much. I should have a CS outline for you when you return.

Katra Alexion

I am very much interested in playing both a human female marine and a male Kyrie.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, Kat. I was wondering when you'd show up. ;)

And sure. I'll be updating the main post with some additional stuff in a bit.

Or, I might set up a wiki link, so I don't run into a character limit. *is so smart.. not!*

Dorian Grandale

IrishWolf

I'd like to reserve the marine commander, pending a character sheet and some sleep on my part, lol

Caela

Would like to claim a spot as a human psychic/communications expert if possible. :)

Dorian Grandale

*nods and smiles* Done and done, on both counts!

Kdyami

Ahh, my bad, yes a Kyrie Male, most likely a Warrior, maybe a front line Tek. But, I'd be lying if if I said I wasnt curious as hell about the "disciples".  I'll try and post my initial thoughts on the character later today and you guys can tell me how far off base I am :)
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

IrishWolf

Hey Dorian, been thinking about my character somewhat recently and I was wondering what you thought about this idea.

I'm thinking that at some point my marine lost a good chuck on his right forearm and hand, got cut right off during a battle with the Quartona, while he was trying to pull a wounded, female, comrade from the fight and had it replaced with a biomechanical prosthetic. He chose a pure metal arm and hand, rather then having his own skin grown over it. He chose it to look that way as a reminder that he failed to save a fellow marine and let her get carried off by the enemy. Install inside the hand part, I was thinking there would be a section for a pair of shotgun shell (or maybe something like a flechette burst) in the "back" of the hand, with very short barrels, located in his "knuckles". It would be a very short range weapon, controlled by a cybernetic link to his brain, to add a little surprise to any punches he would land (or have a near miss on).

Dorian Grandale

Ah, very nice. I like it. Feel free to use it.

I'll be adding a basic chara sheet in a moment. Also, I have to ask, because it was not clear in your response: Would you be okay with a simple system in place?

IrishWolf

It wasn't? Huh. Yeah, I'm good with a simple system

Caela

Dorian, quick question, how strong can the psychics in the game be? Could it be something where they have been bred to be stronger and stronger for a few generations and they (particularly those in communications positions) can hear each other over long distances, or would they just be random folks with a gift?

Kdyami

I have the same question as above. But also are we talking just read your mind or communicate or move stuff with your mind or full psionic projections. What constitutes psychic?

Dorian Grandale

Good questions, yes. I shall clarify.
Caela:

Actually, both your ideas apply. Psychics, specially among the Terrans, have been trained/bred for such a purpose, to the point that some of them are quite powerful. Because of this most Terran warships are equipped with Psi-shields, as well as regular shielding. Ship shields, including psi-shields, are much more powerful than personal ones, due to the availability of power aboard a ship.

*Will be adding this to the info..*

Kdyami:

Actually, both abilities you mentioned would be considered psi-power. A Psychic, however, is one that has taken one or more psi disciplines, and studied them carefully. The two you have mentioned, were clairsentience, and psychokinesis, respectively. Sorry to sound so brainiac-like, but I blame reading the old AD&D 2nd ed Psionics Handbook waaay too much for that.

Keepers tend to specialize in psychometabolism, I.E. healing and disease treatment, using mind power. It is also used for various 'buffs', usually on the psychic him or herself, but they can also be used on others.

Feel free to keep asking, I'll keep aswering.. and finding out what the answers are if I don't have them available. *grins*

Kdyami

No it's cool. I was trying not to rip off D&D 3.5 psionic handbook and use it as a guideline at the same time.  :P

Caela

Dorian, would there be a Wiki or something with the info you're using that would give a clear picture of what you have in mind? Your answer is giving me some more ideas for my girl but I don't want them to be too out there and I knew what you were using for your template it would be helpful! :)

Dorian Grandale

I'm working on that, actually. My goal is to use the Elliquiy wiki to store all the information on the game. Once I have something that's presentable, I'll link it to the first post.

Caela

Dorian Grandale

You are most welcome, Caela!

For now, just use this to create your chara. This goes for all interested!

Name:
Appearance: (Pics encouraged! Or just write it out.)

Ons:
Offs:
Abilities: (3 to 5 of them, keep relative power in mind. More abilities, less power on each.)
Background:

You can contact me on AIM if you want to discuss your character's abilities and background.

IrishWolf

What would a non-Psychic put for abilities?

Dorian Grandale

Abilities is a general space for now. Physical, Mental, Magic, or Psi Abilities go there. Once I get the system detailed, then we can worry about separating them.

Katra Alexion

I am still fleshing out my female human marine but I think my male Kyrie will be a Disciple.

Dorian Grandale

Tut-tut! I have not posted that information yet. No cheating!

Besides, you'd need a Guide as well. I might require Disciple-Guide pairs to be both players.

Katra Alexion

Kdyami

Well I'd like to know more about the Disciples and these Disciple guide pairs anyway. But, Katra Alexion, if you need a guide I can make a second character.  I'd be game for that.

Dorian Grandale

Well, wait no more. I shall be posting, and linking, the Disciple information shortly.

Dorian Grandale

Kdyami

lol very cool.   I'll work on the character sheet tonight should have something posted tomorrow morning before work.

Dorian Grandale

Take your time. I'm still writing some of this info up. But that would be awesome, yes.

Kdyami

Dorian Grandale

Not necessarily. Viable females are discouraged, but not barred from Tek work, even if it takes them into combat. Their assigned male is directly responsible for their safety if they do.

Caela

**This is a very rough draft and can easily be tweaked if needed.**

Name: Akira Rose Matthews

Race: Human

Personality: Akira tends to be the quiet and observant type. She's naturally kind but reticent to act too openly having been burned by others in her past. When she does open up her compassion and intelligence are obvious but so is a core of steel and a strength of will that most men would be envious of.

Background: Born to a military family, she was enrolled in the military branch that dealt with Psychics as soon as her Gifts began to show. She went to military schools with other Psychic children, only seeing her parents over holidays...and then only if they weren't on deployment somewhere. She, like the other children, spent a lot of holidays at the school. Some people might have thought that the lack of family would be a lonely way to grow up, but she was always surrounded by her peers and they became like her extended family. It wasn't "normal" but it wasn't lonely either.

The schools he was sent to actually did a rather good job of raising it's students. Each child was taught to their level and interests as well as to their skills, so while she might be the youngest in one class, she could be the among the oldest in others. They also ensured that the children were plenty active and not just in military maneuvers - though there were plenty of those as well.

They grew up knowing they would be a part of the military machine and learned the skills to make that happen smoothly.

Her own education, and abilities, led her to communications on military spacecraft at the young age of just 16. Being that young might have been a problem if she hadn't had the training she had and between that, and her Gifts, many of the crew actually just steered clear of her as a young girl. The other Psychics, of varying types, were most commonly her friends, though some "norms" were able to get past the jitters her abilities initially caused them and were friendly as well.

Abilities: Her most powerful ability is communication over distance. She can, mentally, contact almost any other Psychic as far 8-10 light minutes away, and leave no trace. The conversation cannot be heard or listened in on. She can also contact "norms" at a distance but it's one way communication, not a conversation and contacting an unprepared mind is far more taxing than speaking with another Psychic and will leave her shaky and exhausted for hours. Also, since a "norm" isn't able to share any of the energy expenditure in such communication she can only reach a "norm" at a distance of 4-6 light minutes away. In an absolute emergency, with endorphines and adrenaline pumping and giving her extra energy, those distances might be stretched slightly but as soon as that rush wears off she will be all but useless for a number of hours due to extreme mental, and physical, exhaustion.

She also helps out in the medical bay with her secondary ability. She can do a mental "scan" of a patient and give the medics a precise diagnosis of what is wrong or what illness ravages them. She can't heal them but she can help direct the doctors and save them from time consuming tests when time can be of the essence.

Ons: Men taller than her, light bondage, foreplay, sensory play, light pain
Offs: scat, watersports, beastiality, children, mutilation (most things can be negotiated as part of the game even if they aren't things she would necessarily enjoy. these are just strict "will not writes")

Dorian Grandale

Very, very awesome work. I like her already.

Just so I can gauge her ability, what would be her outer range wit her psi-comms?

Caela

Quote from: Dorian Grandale on November 15, 2012, 05:21:31 PM
Very, very awesome work. I like her already.

Just so I can gauge her ability, what would be her outer range wit her psi-comms?

I was going to ask what was allowable. To be truly useful on a spacecraft, I was thinking she should at least be able to speak between the ships in her group. Not sure how far spread out those would be. Don't know what you wanted the range for them to be for the game though so I left it vague.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm, okay.

I'll give an example, then.

A common Kyrie Tek with this ability, can likely do about about 4.5 light seconds, or 13 million kilometers, while a similarly powered Terran could reach to about a little over 2 light-minutes, or 375 million kilometers. As a reference, the distance from Terra to Luna, is little more than a light second, and between Terra and Sol, is about 8 light minutes.

Sorry if I sounded too technical there. For your girl, I'd say somewhere around 4 to 10 light minutes would be a good range.

IrishWolf

Nice, go Terran Psychics.

I'll have my marine up later tonight.  What sized detachment of marines sounds good? A company? A battalion? A platoon? Something inbetween?

Caela

I'll put her at the upper end and say 8-10 light minutes out if she is contacting another Psychic and depending on their strength and 4-6 is making contact with a "norm" with no Psychic ability whatsoever.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm, ships and their crew complements vary wildly. Most small-scale warships would carry at leas a company, while a troop transport could carry an entire regiment.

The blockade runner for the story is a destroyer class armed transport, so there would be about two companies' worth of marines among the refugees and crew.

Caela: That works out well, then. Thanks.

IrishWolf

Hey  Dorian, I was working on my character's backstory and I had a couple of questions pop up. First, how long as the Terran-Quartona conflict been going on? Second, do the Quartona use the same types of weapons as the Kyrie?

Caela

Did we lose this before it even got started?

Kdyami

I've been out of town all weekend so I hope not.  I'm nearly done with my character.  If we're on I should have him up tonight or tomorrow morning

IrishWolf

I hope not!

Name: Jack Clark
Race: human

Ons: scars, tattoos, group sex, three ways (m/f/f preferred), uniforms
Offs: Anything related to bowel movements, children, animals, the Quartona,   
Abilities: Inspiring leader and combat training
Background: Jack was raised by his grandparents, due to the fact that his father was always working and his mother was, missing. A mostly happy child, he suffered learning to deal with personal loss as a young man, when his grandfather passed away. When his grandmother died, it left him adrift in life, unsure of what he wanted to do and left the teen alone in his father house. When he graduated high school, he fell prey, you could say, to a Marine recruiting officer and joined the Corps. For the first time in years, his father took an interest in what his son was doing and decided that no son of his, would be a grunt. Pulling a few strings and shelling out some money, Jack's father got him into the officer's academy. Between drills and classes, he found that he enjoyed the military life, finding a purpose for himself.

Fast forward a dozen years and Captain Jack Clark, of the Human Alliance Marine Corps (HAMC), was station on a training base, back on Earth, after several tours aboard a few military space craft, when the first Quartona attacks hit. The base was caught off guard but the surprise assault and suffered several strikes from some sort of heavy weapon, throwing large bursts of energy designed to stun. Dazed and confused, Jack was weaponless and dragging a female recruit towards the base medical center, when Quartona troops hit the ground. Before he even knew what was happening, one of the large reptilian warriors severed his right arm, just a little below his elbow and snatched the wounded recruit, leaving him to die.

However, Jack didn't die. He recovered from the shock and was able to use his belt like a tourniquet before bleeding out. Forcing himself up, he dodged through the raging battle around him, heading for the medical center. Finding that building on fire and several other wounded, he decided to head towards where he knew a field aid station should have been set up and carried with him, a marine with a broken leg. Before the day was over, he would carry ten more marines to the aid station, before being sedated and evacuated.

In the months since then, he had been promoted to Major, decorated for his heroics and been fitted with a a biomechanical prosthetic arm and hand. He chose a pure metal arm and hand, rather then having his own skin grown over it. He chose it to look that way as a reminder that he failed to save a fellow marine and let her get carried off by the enemy. Install inside the hand, is a chamber a pair of shotgun shells, with very short barrels, located in his "knuckles". 

Jack as recently been assigned to command the Marine detachment aboard a blockader runner, seeking to break out and locate allies.

Kdyami

Name: Dyami Mingan Namid
Race: Kyrie
Appearance: father: Mingan Dyami Hurit    Mother: Namid Abedabun Elan  Dyami has Dark hued wings contrasting his light blond hair.  His eyes are a violet/purple color and seem to glow when he uses his powers.  He has fair skin naturally but most often wears a dark blue covering to protect against exposure when in space.  He is almost never found without his Sword either.  For armor he favors psychic barriers and hooded cloaks.

Ons: Power Struggles, New Experiences, Light Hearted Fun, see RH profile
Offs: Scat, Death, Underage, see RH Profile

Abilities: Dyami has Mid-Level Engineering skills as well as Piloting skills.  He isn’t capable of designing fleats or large planetary defenses but has a firm grasp of space travel and flight and all things related to those feats.  Particularly suited for disabling enemy ships and putting damaged ones back together to get back into a fight.  He is also capable of building minor constructions that have combat orientations such as turrets, or barriers, etc.  Dyami has basic communicating training, mostly with other Psychics, he can reach out and communicate with people who are ready to receive and not particularly adept at communicating with unprepared minds.  Also trained to communicate  with his squad at will while on maneuvers to coordinate tactics. He also has basic psychokinesis, not moving a ship or anything large, but enough to act as a second pair of hands, be it controlling the ship with less crew, movinging an item across the room, or rewiring the console in half the time.

Background: Mingan Dyami Hurit a warrior of some renown on Kyria was given charge of a tek, Namid Abedabun Elan.  She was assumed barren and as such they spent many years fighting the enemies of the Kyrie.  One day Namid Abedabun Elan discovered she was pregnant with Mingan Dyami Hurit’s child.  Removing her from combat she had a son which they named after his grandfather Dyami Mingan Namid. 

Nearly from birth Dyami’s father taught him the way of the warrior hoping fervently that he would be accepted to the Agoge, the military school.  However he inherited much of his mothers Tek ability and the government sent Dyami to the Pedagogy, the tek school, at the age of seven.  Dyami’s father pulled a few strings and made arrangements for Dyami to receive private tutelage to continue his warrior training while at the Tek academy.  Ten years later Dyami graduates in the top percentage of his class at the Pedagogy and is given his first commission.

Dyami is placed in a Special Tasks Group and trained with them for the next two years mastering everything there was to know about space craft.  The special tasks group is commissioned in response due to increasing superiority in naval warfare of the Quartona.  Their squad is particularly trained to board other ships and disable them, if possible even use said ship to infiltrate and engage the rest of the Quartonan Navy.  They are trying to balance the power of naval conflict one ship at a time.  This is where they are, in the middle of the blockade of earth, when the blockade runner charges the line.  Making first contact and trying to clear a path for the new found would be allies, Dyami and his squad are re-assigned to spearhead interactions with the Humans and when the time comes lead the counter-assault on the Quartona.

Alexandra Moldovia

Dorian said he might be going through net troubles, but I hope it won't be long, if anything he still has library access and can keep me updated.  Worst comes to worse this will probably pick up once his net comes to that, but I don't forsee it closing down just yet.

Caela

Thanks for the update, Alexandra! :)

IrishWolf

Dorian Grandale

Indeed. I was offline for a few days, but I managed some magics. I am back now. Yay!

Hmm, very entertaining background, IrishWolf. He'll fit in just fine among the crew, seeing he's a hero and all, that's for sure. Also, is that a Babylon 5 uniform? If not, what is it? I think I've seen it before.

Interesting pics, Kdyami. Your chara's pic, I had seen before. It's in use in a game I'm playing in here on E. I'd recommend using the second pic you have for him in there, just to avoid any trouble.

Nicely written background. I whole heartedly approve. A curiosity, though. What would you have his last name mean? Each House's name is actually the name of a profession, such as House Jabrek, which translates as 'Hunter'.

IrishWolf

Thank you! I figured that it was a good story for why he has a shotgun punch and that if you wanted to impress potential allies, send a hero. Win win for my character.

As for the uniform, I have no clue wheres its from. I did a google search for space marine, ignored all Warhammer 40,000 pics and searched for a regular human, in uniform, instead of armor, lol.

Kdyami

Ok I'll move the pics around when I get home. No worries. As to his name. I have no clue :). I based him on DnD Raptorans and their naming convention is given name same sex parents name then other parents name. If there's houses and naming conventions in place please point the way and I'll edit accordingly.

Dorian Grandale

Alright. I'm still working on some of the details. I'll have something up later today.

Caela

Dorian Grandale

Minor update to the OP, still working on a background wiki page. Remember, any ideas, suggestions, tribbles and atom bombs, feel free to drop them by!

Dorian Grandale

Caela

I will say that I'm still really interested in this game, I think it has a lot of potential but, with the holidays and such coming I do think that if we don't get something going that people will just let it drop off their radar.

Dorian Grandale

I'm working on that background. I will have an IC thread up soon afterward.

IrishWolf

I second the lovely Caela's opinion. We're gonna need something up soon or this is gonna be dead in the water before it gets started.

Dorian Grandale

Well, we still need a captain for the refugee ship..

IrishWolf

Didn't Alexandra claim that spot.....

Dorian Grandale

I know. I've been waiting on her chara sheet, as well.

Kdyami

Worst case scenario the captain is killed and the marine captain takes over Trusting the XO (some NPC lieutenant) to handle flying specifics. Or something like that.

Dorian Grandale

Hmm. I'll try to see what's going on with Alexandra, then I'll get back to you on that.

Caela

Or, if she's no longer interested, the Captain could be an NPC until someone else is interested.

Dorian Grandale

True. Won't know until I talk to her, but she seems to be completely offline right now.

Alexandra Moldovia

Name: Alexandra

Race: Human

Appearance: Alexandra is about five foot 7 inches tall, with crystal clear eyes, one a piercing violet, the other a burning gold.  She's rather stacked with a DD-cup chest, long raven black hair with streaks of purple and blue coloring, lean strong legs made for running and just enough fat to make her look soft hug-able and curvy.

Ons: Pregnancy, giving oral sex, reciving Anal sex, being taken seriously, light pain, light bondage-if she trusts the other person, breast worship, cock worship, watersports
Offs: slavery, being thought of as 'just a woman,' not getting the respect she deserves...heavy pain, torture, ect.

Abilities:

1. Military Black ops training, (Gives Combat training. Weapons, tactics, maybe -some- electronic warfare stuff.)
2. Psychic talent, (Awoken by the trauma of the failed op.)
3. (Not sure what to put here, given I'm aiming to make her a Dragon disciple)

Background: Alexandra had a distinguished career in the Terran military, but that career went down in flames when an operation she was in charge of went bad.  When intel was off by a mile, Alexandra went in and tried to complete her mission, board a Quartona ship, gain intel and get out.  They were told they were walking into a moderately defended target.   What they got were a troop transport in the mist of preparing for a raid, using a recently opened hole in the Terran defense net.  Of ten soldiers sent in, only Alexandra  and 2 others made it out.  Without the intelligence, without stopping the raid.  The military needed a scape goat, and Alexandra was a little less than stable at the time, still stuck in her own hell.

So, she was Discharged, and drummed out of the service, or so they would have the public believe, in truth, when she threatened to go public, certain government officials took notice, and had her reinstated, on a special diplomatic mission.  Get to the Kyrie and get there aid, by whatever means necessary, before all hope for Terra was lost.   From there she was given a ship, a complement of Marines, and a message.  Her task was to get passed the Quartona blockade and bring back help, or die trying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to everyone involved, SWTOR has recently stolen my attention, I've got a plan to fix this however, I'll check the boards and update as needed before logging on, and when things get slow.

Kdyami

Dorian Grandale

Ah, good. Glad you're still aboard with us.

I shall set up an initial IC thread in a bit.

Caela

Curious, it says she has psychich talent awoken by the failed OP but not what that talent is???

Dorian Grandale

Worry not, dear. We're discussing that.

Caela

IrishWolf

Alexandra Moldovia

Yep, now just waiting for Dorian to make the rp thread.

Dorian Grandale

Which is being written, as I type this.

Dorian Grandale

Prismwind

Name: Karasi Aderyn
Race: Terran
Appearance: http://www.gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1241005

Ons: Karasi grew up wealthy, and despite her break from her family continued to lead a mostly high class lifestyle. Still, while she likes luxury, she has a distaste for the incincerity, polite smiles, and games that the rich and powerful play. She disagrees with arranged marriages and the need for constant etiquete and social games. She respects honesty, kindness, and sincerity, and prefers her girlfriends and boyfriends to share the same values. She does not like feeling restricted in a relationship and frequently takes multiple lovers. She is something of a tomboy, between her love for engineering and mechanics and her independent streak. She responds well to respect and shared interests, as well as affection. She also does not admit it often, but she happens to really love cute things, animals, and children, and has an extensive collection of anime she watches when relaxing and alone. She owns a variety of plushies she keeps stored away, they used to be in a closet in her home. Her tastes lean slightly more towards females than males, and most of her boyfriends have been pretty or effeminate males. In bed, she likes things passionate and a bit messy, enjoying rough sex and multiple partners.

Offs: She does not like being lied to or brownnosing, though she will take the second from an employee it is not likely to get someone into her pants. She has little time for fools and stupid people, and while she likes things a bit messy in bed, she does not go for actual filth, so no scat or watersports. She likes dirty talking but not demeaning and insulting comments... she's okay with slut, but not whore or bitch as one example. Finally, arrogance and snobbishness will turn her off quickly, she had more than enough of that amoung the rich and elite her parents had her around.

Abilities:
-Expert Programmer/Hacker: Karasi is an expert on cyber security and is also adept at writing code. While she normally uses her skills to enhance security and stop intruders, she could easily turn her skills to hacking, and occasionally has done so in order to trace a system intruder.
-Research Engineer: Karasi has been involved in the developement of new robotic and vehicle technologies, and is adept with both electronics and mechanics. This also means she can function well as an engineer should a ship or base she's on be short on them.
-Ritual Enchanter: Karasi knows magic, but not the kind you throw fireballs with in battle. Instead, all of her spells are carefully designed rituals using patterns and planning beforehand. She imbues objects or locations with enchantments of various kinds. While powerful, like her other capabilities she needs time and preparation to use them.

Background: Karasi Aderyn was always a very promising and bright girl, making high marks in all school subjects but most especially math and science. Taking an interest in computers from a young age, she made her parents proud when she was accepted into a prestigious university on track for a computer science degree. It was not much of a surprise when she went for a second major in robotics engineering. Her parents were each very traditional in their own way, their marriage arranged and heavily encouraged by their parents, one a descendant of a successful japanese business empire, the other born from a long line of English aristocrats who had maintained their wealth through the ages by various businesses and careful investments. The marriage and subsequent merger of two large international companies allowed for great monetary success, and both parents wanted Karasi to follow their example. Unfortunately, legally they could not force her to agree with an arranged marriage, and after meeting their chosen partner for her she refused. No amount of insistence on their part would convince her, and eventually, when they threatened to disown her, she invested in creating her own seperate company and moved away. They attempted to ruin her business using their larger assets, but she managed to survive, if barely, patenting several new robotics technologies.

Before she left she had learned a large amount of magical tradition from her Japanese heritage, but she approached it as more science than art, and took to studying other traditions as well on her own. She found what teachers and information she could and has been experimenting ever since, approaching it as science and designing runic circles the same way she approached designing circuit boards. While still learning, she still firmly believes in magic as being just another science. Her approach to the subject leads some more religious practicioners to think she lacks reverence and respect, but that is not the case. She simply believes gods and spirits, while possibly magically adept, have little to do with a human's ability to cast spells unless they're taking the easy path of relying on other's strength and knowledge instead of figuring things out themselves.

When the war really began, several of her facilities were hit, and the loss of infrastructure devastated her business. Seeing that her business would fail soon due to unfilled orders and financial loss due to the war, she consolidated the most important prototypes and liquidated assets, keeping all the data they had acrued with her. She invested a portion of these assets into easily carried valuables such as gems and gold, retaining some money in a suitcase as well, and leaving the rest in several bank accounts for if she ever made it back to Terra before joining the other refugees from the war in trying to make it to the Kyrie to ask for help, determined to use the technologies she had developed and her continuing research to further the war effort against the Quartona.
Ons and Offs

Honor the dark, it protects and hides from evil's sight, honor the dark and fear the light...

Dorian Grandale

Awesome background, Miss Prism. Approved!

One question though: Are you applying for a crew position, or are you just mixed in with the refugees?

Prismwind

I'm a refugee that will end up as part of the crew, thanks to my extensive capabilities in engineering and cyber security, in addition to my knowledge of automated defenses and controlling them, such as drones and turrets. Basically, I'm planning on her having an honorary military rank and a position in security.
Ons and Offs

Honor the dark, it protects and hides from evil's sight, honor the dark and fear the light...

Dorian Grandale

Ah, I see. I could see it now: some boarding action by the Quartona leaves the ship unable to directly control its combat drones..

What's the captain to do? Call in any and all techs aboard. As fate would have it, she just happens to have the drones' designer on board. Hehe. I like it.

Prismwind

Sounds good to me. I'm guessing she'll be something like the Science Officer from Star Trek, though much of her duties will be more geared towards defensive drones and turrets as well as any electronic warfare they have to deal with on a ship like this.
Ons and Offs

Dorian Grandale

*nods* Science Officer it is, then.

Check the OP for the IC thread link!

Alexandra Moldovia

Kdyami

I was waiting for the lizards to at least reach the Quartona fleet.  But if nobody posts before I get home I'm just going to throw it up.

Caela

Am here. Will post this weekend when I'm not working. :)

IrishWolf

Posted, ready to kill some lizards or try not to panic as the hull takes hits!

Dorian Grandale

Cool! Once all players post, I'll make the first GM post.

Caela

Who else are we waiting for? And are we sure they are still planning to play?

IrishWolf

Dorian Grandale

Heh, true. Kat is coming in with two charas, one of them a Kyrie. She did contact me, though. She's stuck doing some long shifts at work. They can wait until we get to Kyria.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, very nice post, Kdyami. While I commend your creativity, please confer with me before doing such independent action, so I can be ready for it.

Alexandra Moldovia

I don't think Prism's going to post until after the action, so...if your waiting on her, I wouldn't :P

IrishWolf

Dorian Grandale

Indeed. Despair not, I have not forgotten about you.

Kimera

Dorian Grandale

Oh! Hello Kimera. And sure, we are. Please look at the OP, and see what would you like to play. I'm still working out the Nihanni, but I can tell you this about them: They are humans who have taken a different path, integrating a lot of cybernetics into their bodies. Kinda like borg, but without the overbearing hive mind.

Kimera

Sounds interesting (love borg), but the lizard like species also sounds cool. Maybe one of those, unless you plan on introducing even more species  ;D

Dorian Grandale

Ah, a Quartona player, finally.

Do keep in mind, they are the 'bad guys' right now. Unless you plan fro some kind of renegade, though even then, you have a tough time ahead, if you go with that.

And more races might be possible. Got anything in mind?

Kimera

being the one everyone wishes to shoot, might be problematic...

I'll have to think for another race ;)

Dorian Grandale

Hey guys and gals.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond. We'll get this show moving along now.

Kimera

Well still here and looking forward to this. I'm almost done with that alien so i'll PM it once it is finished

Dorian Grandale

Cool. I'll respond to you on Crashlandings in a bit.

Kimera

IrishWolf

Dorian Grandale

Yes, we are. I just been busy. I'll get you and all Refuge-borne peoples an event soon.