In Nomine RPG feeler

Started by Various, August 09, 2017, 12:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Various

Quote from: mayovagn on August 16, 2017, 07:04:20 PM
GM could make all dice rolls for all the players.

Hm. That is true. Especially if I did it physically in person instead of using the dicebot. It would also preserve the fun little side bits like divine and infernal interventions.

Still would 'translate' character concepts for the benefit of those without the books.

Yeah that's a good middle ground, Mayovagn. I'll go with that. Use the system but not the diebot.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RubySlippers

Quote from: Various on August 16, 2017, 05:57:16 PM
Yeah there's a big thing about that in two or three of the books. Basically the first time a demon meets the Devil (and he's not there to grab them by the horns and throw them into the Lake of Fire), the demon gets to ask Satan for a favor. He being the Prince of Lies that he is, that's a very delicate sort of thing.

It does say 1. No starting PC should have already met him. and 2. If you ask for a Word, he'll give you an audience on the spot, but you might not wish he had.

For those interested who DON'T own In Nomine, because I'm doing this systemless, it's less of a thing to not have it. Basically if I'm given a character concept, I can 'translate it' or ask for adjustments as needed. For songs, if I'm given a rough outline of what you want to be able to do (I want my demon to be able to grow horns at will, throw fireballs, and fly), I can see what songs you may need (now or in the future) to do that.

I rarely used songs as a Lilim my main goal was having solid mortal identities easy to hide in and gain favors in, with one for an escape option just in case, if I never used songs the Host had a hell of a time locating me as the Opposition. But needed one for well use for favors like healing and other things but rarely tried to use them much.

Various

That's a perfectly valid strategy in the War. Especially since Lilim as a rule tend to NOT be combat monsters.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RubySlippers

Well they can inspire war, depending on their superior.  >:)

Various

True true.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Various

Okay. I think I got enough at least sort of interest to give this idea a proper page. Here it is.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

mayovagn

*Points to the proper page, wiggles eyebrows*
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo