Red Hand of Doom - D&D 5e Adventure Recruitment (NC-Exotic)

Started by Ershin, December 08, 2018, 07:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ershin on December 10, 2018, 03:36:19 PM
Also. Geeze guys. This has only been open for like two days and I already have double the number of entrants here with eleven more days to go before closing. Y'all got me sweatin' like Nixon on who I'm going to eventually pick and how many more there'll be before the end ^^;

*shrugs*

This is standard in E presently; lots player applicants per DnD game :P.

Snake

Well I'm sticking to the one. I have a lot of hope to play her; it'd be fun to flirt with both genders and tease them even more.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ershin on December 10, 2018, 03:06:01 PM
I'm going to say yes to purchasing common or uncommon items. I've also been doing a bit of research into prices for magic items because, hoo boy, 5e DMG I don't know what you were doing but having common items like a basic potion of healing be 50 - 100 gold? No difference between a one-use consumable and a sword you can swing forever? Ridiculous.

Well, there's a few things behind that.

First, 5E makes a conscious effort to get away from the item-based progression of 3.P. Those editions really designed encounters aroudn the assumption that a party would have ready and easy access to a particular suite of magic items and consumables by a particular level, and could result in a situation where it felt less like "We kicked the bad guy's ass" and more like "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe kicked the bad guy's ass!"

Second, there's an intent to move away from "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe" as a concept entirely. Magic items are supposed to be these lost, weird relics you uncover from dungeons, or that get passed down as heirlooms, not as something you can just go shopping for. They're supposed to feel rare and special, rather than a stable part of the local economy.

And 50 GP for 2d8+2 health whenever I want it sounds pretty reasonable to me  ;D as does ~100 GP for a cape that billows dramatically on command (I mean, people probably pay just as much for a fur cape that just droops, right?)

What I've always liked to do when I run level 3-5 5E, is to roll for one Common magic item from Xanathar's Guide to everything, and one item from table F in the DMG, per player. This is to reflect whatever literally random magical junk the PC has picked up in their prior adventures; maybe they get a +1 weapon, but maybe they get a Trident of Fish Command. Whatever, someone is gettign a Cape of Billowing because that item is too amazing to not have in a party.

Kathyan

Interested. ^^

Will make some rolls and check the Ravnica book to see what I build.

Rolls

Roll Result: Kat rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment: Red hand of doom stats 1
Result: 1, 1, 4, 6,
Total: 11

Comment: Red hand of doom stats 2
Result: 6, 4, 2, 5,
Total: 15

Comment: Red hand of doom stats 3
Result: 5, 2, 5, 5,
Total: 15

Comment: Red hand of doom stats 4
Result: 2, 1, 5, 4,
Total: 11

Comment: Red hand of doom stats 5
Result: 2, 6, 4, 2,
Total: 12

Comment: Red hand of doom stats 6
Result: 6, 1, 6, 1,
Total: 13

Roll Result: Kat rolled: 5d6
Comment: Red hand of doom stats rerolling 1s
Result: 3, 6, 1, 5, 5,
Total: 20

Roll Result: Kat rolled: 1d6
Comment: Red hand of doom stats rerolling 1s part 1
Result: 5,
Total: 5
This should have been part 2, lol

So:
with the rerolled 1s being 3,6,5,5,5 Numbers would be
3, 6, 4, 6 = 16
6, 4, 2, 5 = 15
5, 2, 5, 5 = 15
2, 5, 5, 4 = 14
2, 6, 4, 2 = 12
6, 5, 6, 5 = 17
wow pretty awesome :D

money roll
At 2018-12-10 22:05:47, Kat (uid: 58724) rolls: 1d10 Result: 9

About the Ravnica backgrounds maybe we could just skip the guild spells part to make it balanced

Doomsday

Here's the beginnings of my sheet, I'll probably pluck at this at work tomorrow, and have it finished sometime Tuesday or Wednesday.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1775304

I've rolled my hit points, and have added the dicebot roll to my previous roll post, just to try to compile most of that stuff together.

Chulanowa

So we're rolling hit points, too? if so, I guess...

At 2018-12-11 01:47:10, Thaialie (uid: 27361) rolls: 4d6 Result: 16

Plus base 6 for level 1, Plus fifteen for con bonus x 5, so that's 37. Which weirdly is exactly the same as using the averaged method.

While I'm here might as well do the money roll too
At 2018-12-11 02:07:28, Thaialie (uid: 27361) rolls: 1d10 Result: 3 x 25 = 75

..>Also the prices in that 'sane prices" guide are pretty nuts. 750 GP for a driftglobe? Yikes.

Snake

With a lower HD it's sometimes better to just take the average.

Guancyto

On average, it's always .5 HP/level better to take the average.

You roll it if you're feeling lucky! Or brave.

Chulanowa

Well, still need to settle on equipment I think (worst part of making a character IMO, shopping for chalk and such), but here's the (essentially) full character sheet, aside from that and spells.

Also planning on her havign a tressym familiar (from Storm King's Thunder)

Name: Thaialie Featherwind
Race/Class: Centaur Wizard 5
Sex/Gender: Thaialie is very female.
Kinks: The character is not very experienced, beyond some poorly-illustrated and heavily dogeared tomes she's perused. In theory open to all genders and combinations thereof and exploring the racial spectrum, as well as seeing what works for her and what doesn't. Character is probably more interested in romance, except for, you know, when the heat hits, then it's probably snu-snu time. Player is pretty flexible, but not very big on pain / gore, "hard" NC (coercive / dubcon works) and a solid preference for sentient, non-undead partners with a minimum of tentacles. Occasional adorable jelly girls / boys notwithstanding. Player has a general preference for females and "softer" men, though for this character, rugged jawlines, mighty thews, and Has Chest Hair Like Gaston are just fine.
Brief Description: Thaialie comes off as an interesting blend of a half-elf and a draft pony. Most would agree that she's pretty, though it's hard to tell what she might keep under the layers of clothing she adorns herself with. The most striking feature is probably the long flowing "mane" of silver-blonde waves she has, matched by her tail.
   She tries to keep an air of studiousness aroudn her, and isn't very good with making first impressions or fast-talk. In fact she's rather shy and skittish aroudn strangers, but once she gets to know someone, she opens up and can become gregarious to the point of almost cloying. She has a deep love of nature, and hates to see plants or animals be harmed needlessly; strange for a centaur she's a vegetarian (though she only eats where her pet plant Anthony can't "see")
Familiarity With D&D: Very, on both sides of the DM screen; mostly online though.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: several times weekly; I trend to the slower side, and am not one to just haunt a thread hitting the refresh button :-) Still, can expect several per week, on pace with most games.

Anthony

Sheet
Thaialie Featherwind
Lawful Good Centaur Wizard Sage
Medium Fey

Hit points: 37 | Armor Class: 13 | Movement: 40 ft | Initiative: +3 | Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Passive Perception: 12

Strength 12 (+1)
Save: +1
Athletics: +1

Dexterity 16 (+3)
Save: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +3

Constitution (+3)
Save: +3

Intelligence 18 (+4)
Save: +7
Arcana: +10
History: +10
Investigation: +7
Nature: +10
Religion: +4

Wisdom 14 (+2)
Save: +5
Animal handling: +2
Insight: +5
medicine: +2
Perception: +2
Survival: +2

Charisma 14 (+2)
Save: +2
Deception: +2
Intimidate: +2
Performance: +2
Persuasion: +2

Proficiencies
Tools: none
Armor: None
Weapons: Quarterstaff, Daggers, Slings, Darts, Light crossbow
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elf, Orc
Skills: Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature, Insight
Saves: Intelligence, Wisdom

Racial Traits
Racial Trait: Ability Score Increases: +2 Str, +1 Wis
Racial Trait: Speed: 40'
Racial Trait: Fey: Your type is Fey, rather than humanoid
Racial Trait: Charge: if you move at least 30 feet straight towards a target and then hit it with a melee weapon, you can make an unarmed attack against that target with your hooves as a bonus action.
Racial Trait: Equine Build: counts as one size larger for carrying and push / drag; climbing with hands and feet costs 4x usual movement.
Racial Trait: Survivor: Proficient in Animal handling, Medicine, Nature, or Survival.
Background Feature: Researcher
When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, if you do not know that information, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it. Usually, this information comes from a library, scriptorium, university, or a sage or other learned person or creature. Your DM might rule that the knowledge you seek is secreted away in an almost inaccessible place, or that it simply cannot be found. Unearthing the deepest secrets of the multiverse can require an adventure or even a whole campaign.

Class Feature: Arcane recovery
Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
Class Feature: Arcane Tradition
When you reach 2nd level, you choose an arcane tradition, shaping your practice of magic through one of several schools.

Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th level.
Class Feature: Lore master
Starting at 2nd level, your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses the Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion skill if you are proficient in that skill.

In addition, when you roll initiative, it is either an Intelligence check or a Dexterity check for you (your choice).
Class Feature: Spell Secrets
At 2nd level, when you cast a spell with a spell slot and the spell deals acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, radiant, or thunder damage, you can substitute that damage type with one other type from that list (you can change only one damage type per casting of a spell). You replace one energy type for another by altering the spell's formula as you cast it.

When you cast a spell with a spell slot and the spell requires a saving throw, you can change the saving throw from one ability score to another of your choice. Once you change a saving throw in this way, you can't do so again until you finish a short or long rest.

Zaer Darkwail

Updated sheet, bought scrolls, scribed them and took profiency in alchemist supplies (so my char doubles as alchemist as well). Took identify, detect magic and tenser's floating disk. Languages one could been nice but could not afford it :P

PhantomPistoleer

I've updated my character sheet to reflect my purchases.  I'm transitioning over from 3.5, and so I have a couple of questions:

1.  Can a weapon be both silver and vicious?

2.  Do you add your Dex modifier to damage on a crossbow?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Unsure on special materials + enchant on weapon but I know in any ranged weapon (bow, dagger, hand crossbow) you add Dex to it's dmg.

Kathyan

Name: 'Shaman' Ijj Sooja of the Gravel Hide Gruul Clan
Race/Class: Loxodon/Druid of the Spores
Sex/Gender: Futanari
Kinks: Interested in any gender and any kind of creatures preferring exotic monstrous partners but won't disdain humanoid creatures either, I usually say no to nonsentient animals but since I'm playing a druid that could shift into animals I can make more exceptions than usual exceptions but still ask first. Also Interested in being seduced or fooled and taken advantage in downtime and in non-con either giving or receiving either during downtime or in encounters. Also I was planning that Ijj would be a switch varying from an aggressive domme with little to no boundaries to a shy sub depending on the situation.
Brief Description: While some of her fellow were affiliated to the elves of the conclave Ijj's clan was allied to a city of humans, they were as lawful as any of their race and would have even ignored the betrayal they were subject to given that it was due to an strategic alliance with the neighboring city so they could control the lizard's tribes menace. But they were not just used as decoy and abandoned in the battlefield but also chased to the death and almost extinguished because it was a requirement for this alliance to happen. As every other survivor Ijj Sooja run for her life and had to start one of her own traveling the lands in the search for a new place to belong to, she spent years wandering in the wild communing with nature until she found herself with a tribe of barbarians proud of their physical prowess and resilience who attacked her for invading her territory. Ijj was not a weakling herself and after showing how resistant and tenacious she was she was invited to join them.

Ijj Sooja, sometimes called 'Shaman', 'The one who speak with nature' or just 'Nature Speaker', is a towering and strong yet cute pink loxodon that worships the old gods and preaches about the old ways. She's got deep blue eyes and short fuchsia hair but usually covers it with a bandanna. Standing almost 8 feet tall she not only has a long trunk in her face but one between her legs as well, both capable of lifting a humanoid of regular size, which she claims that will use to have strong children that will strengthen the clan. She is quite patient and calm and even easy to manipulate by attractive people but when she angers she can be a total terror.
Familiarity With D&D: Lots, been playing since 2ed but barely ever played a published adventure
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: About 3-4 days a week

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1775496

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on December 11, 2018, 11:30:09 AM
I'll be building a futa loxodon but I'm curious about the ravnica backgrounds, will be accepted? I'm fine with them granting no spells btw.

Also what about the pricing of common magic items from the Xanathar book?

Is.. is that a hippy hippie with junk AND a trunk? ? :-)

Ershin

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 10, 2018, 06:22:34 PM
Well, there's a few things behind that.

First, 5E makes a conscious effort to get away from the item-based progression of 3.P. Those editions really designed encounters aroudn the assumption that a party would have ready and easy access to a particular suite of magic items and consumables by a particular level, and could result in a situation where it felt less like "We kicked the bad guy's ass" and more like "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe kicked the bad guy's ass!"

Second, there's an intent to move away from "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe" as a concept entirely. Magic items are supposed to be these lost, weird relics you uncover from dungeons, or that get passed down as heirlooms, not as something you can just go shopping for. They're supposed to feel rare and special, rather than a stable part of the local economy.

And 50 GP for 2d8+2 health whenever I want it sounds pretty reasonable to me  ;D as does ~100 GP for a cape that billows dramatically on command (I mean, people probably pay just as much for a fur cape that just droops, right?)

What I've always liked to do when I run level 3-5 5E, is to roll for one Common magic item from Xanathar's Guide to everything, and one item from table F in the DMG, per player. This is to reflect whatever literally random magical junk the PC has picked up in their prior adventures; maybe they get a +1 weapon, but maybe they get a Trident of Fish Command. Whatever, someone is gettign a Cape of Billowing because that item is too amazing to not have in a party.

I get where you're coming from, but it doesn't make much sense for, for example, a Broom of Flying which allows all-day-every-day flight is priced at the Uncommon rate of 101-500 gold while a Potion of Flying which is single use and only for one hour is in the Rare category at 501 - 5000 gold, or that a bottle of glue is Legendary making it 50,000+ gold.

Either way there will be no magic mart who happen to have all the magic items you could want. I mean. If the local militia had something like that at their disposal that the local government could commandeer why would the heroes be called in?

I do like your method of starting item generation though.

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 11, 2018, 01:49:36 AM
..>Also the prices in that "sane prices" guide are pretty nuts. 750 GP for a driftglobe? Yikes.

Well there's also the Discerning Merchant's Price Guide which has been updated with items found outside the DMG. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/205126/Discerning-Merchants-Price-Guide
I'll take a look at both of these together and discern what might be the more sane of the two.

Though at a glance, using prior examples of the broom and potion of flying;
Sane has the potion (one use, one hour) listed at 500, the broom (all day every day with carrying capacity) at 8000
Discerning has the potion at 2500, the broom at a mere 450.
So. I have no idea about which might actually be better with such huge discrepancies, but at least the Sane guide lists its reasons why items are in categories and price brackets.

Edit: Actually wait no. "Discerning" has the Decanter of Endless Water at only 300 gold, throwing this thing out the window, does not know what it's talking about.

I have to admit, my experience DMing is quite low and I'm happy to discuss this sort of thing with someone who has more of a history with it :)

Quote from: Kathyan on December 10, 2018, 09:37:27 PM
About the Ravnica backgrounds maybe we could just skip the guild spells part to make it balanced

That seems fair. As long as you don't take Rakdos. For no other reason than they stretched the Juggalo references so far as to include a bottle of Faygo as one of their starting items (a bottle of sweet red juice) which is quite frankly the tipping point at which one simply has to say no more, I an not down with the clown >:E (joking)

Quote from: Doomsday on December 11, 2018, 12:55:54 AM
have added the dicebot roll to my previous roll post, just to try to compile most of that stuff together.

Worry not, I have already begun compiling all that together on the first post

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 11, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
I've updated my character sheet to reflect my purchases.  I'm transitioning over from 3.5, and so I have a couple of questions:

1.  Can a weapon be both silver and vicious?

2.  Do you add your Dex modifier to damage on a crossbow?

1) I'm... not sure? I'll look it up and get back to you

2) Yes

Quote from: Kathyan on December 11, 2018, 11:30:09 AM
I'll be building a futa loxodon but I'm curious about the ravnica backgrounds, will be accepted? I'm fine with them granting no spells btw.

Also what about the pricing of common magic items from the Xanathar book?
Great now I've got "Pink elephants on parade" stuck in my head.

Is there anything in particular you were looking at?

Snake

Kathyan

Quote from: Ershin on December 11, 2018, 04:35:31 PM
That seems fair. As long as you don't take Rakdos. For no other reason than they stretched the Juggalo references so far as to include a bottle of Faygo as one of their starting items (a bottle of sweet red juice) which is quite frankly the tipping point at which one simply has to say no more, I an not down with the clown >:E (joking)

Great now I've got "Pink elephants on parade" stuck in my head.

Is there anything in particular you were looking at?
No, not rakdos, I actually build her as a Gruul

Hehe, can't really blame you for having dumbo's song stuck on you, lol

And nothing in particular, is just that I have 700 gp that I don't know what to spend on. :P
Um, I guess I might just craft some healing potions

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 11, 2018, 01:19:07 PM
Is.. is that a hippy hippie with junk AND a trunk? ? :-)
Precisely

Chulanowa

Quote from: Kathyan on December 11, 2018, 11:54:10 PM
Precisely

I'd love to see what that pachyderm is packin'.

...I can literally do this forever.

Muse

I updated Auri with an image. 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=297324.msg14558269#msg14558269

I've sent a mostly done sheet to Ershin, too.  We're not supposed to link Google docs to the public portion of the site, so just send me a PM if you want to see her. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Snake

Oh damn she's hot. Then again they do have to.how many ugly girls you find in slave rps?

RedPhoenix

I'm not gonna have the time to commit to this after all, gonna hafta withdraw interest and wish luck, looks like a very cool concept.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

PlushLifeNow

I'm definitely interested, and will put up my application promptly. Before I do, though, how do you other applicants feel about playing with a smaller race when pertaining to lewd times? I would be portraying them as a short-stack, emphasis on the short.

Chulanowa

Quote from: PlushLifeNow on December 13, 2018, 04:04:19 AM
I'm definitely interested, and will put up my application promptly. Before I do, though, how do you other applicants feel about playing with a smaller race when pertaining to lewd times? I would be portraying them as a short-stack, emphasis on the short.

I mean, I'm perfectly down with halfling / gnome / goblin / what have you shorties.
That said, dunno if my vote counts, since I genuinely have no idea how the logistics of sexy halfling plus centaur would even work.  ;D

PlushLifeNow

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 13, 2018, 04:14:01 AM
I mean, I'm perfectly down with halfling / gnome / goblin / what have you shorties.
That said, dunno if my vote counts, since I genuinely have no idea how the logistics of sexy halfling plus centaur would even work.  ;D

Well, where there's a will, there's a way.  ;)

Ampere

I'm still trying to process the elephant in the room to be fair - anything else is probably fine.

Not a clue about the practicalities of centaur/halfling bonding, although presumably some kind of harness or hoist would be involved?  :o
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's