Edyns Awakening (New/intrest )

Started by TheOneWhoWatches, November 06, 2018, 01:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOneWhoWatches

The year is 2245 AC. The world of Edyn has long been a world without magic. Almost 1400 years since magic left the world. The gods have been silent. In the loss of magic it led to adaptation. Technology became the new gods, Gods created by men. With the rise of tech came the rise of mega corps. Entities which control the world through surveillance monopoly and subliminal suggestion. Recently something has changed. There has been a resurgence of the ambient mana in and around population, both remote and urban. People have been 'gifted' with abilities far beyond the abilities of normal men. The Corps don't like that their technology is being phased out by the resurgence. Thus a new game began. The game of hunter and hunted.

The Awakened: Those with super human abilities. While magic infuses their bodies and give them abilities, none as of yet has reached the level of the past.  (i would say no more than 2 major powers, can be complimented with small abilities or enhancement for flavor.)

Hunters: Those people who were drafted or hired by the corps to hunt those that show signs of resurgence. (Tech weapons and 2 full tech upgrades. Some minor augments.)

Pets: These are awakened being who have been deemed useful enough to be subjugated. (Notice : This is a submissive role. You are agreeing that your character be dominated by the Hunter or Corp Exec that owns you. It is possible to rebel, but there are measures to make it difficult.)

Execs: These are humans that have risen through the business world to control the major corporations of the world. While most are self relient all work together to keep a hold on the dominated world. (Limiting this to 5 Execs for the 5 Major corps. If you want to be an Exec You will have the option to rename the corp.)
-   Everheart Medical –Exec: - Medical grade solutions and conveniences using nanotech to better lives.
-   Axis Corp –Exec: - corporation that specializes in using nanotech for weapons and armor.
-   Vector Transport –Exec: - Corporation which controls all forms of public and personal transportations as well as controlling the roads used by that transportation
-   Bacchus Corp – Exec: - Wal-Mart of the future
-   Envision – Exec: - entertainment corp. runs everything from the internet to prostitution.

Aenon

Is this a system game? If yes, which one?

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Aenon on November 06, 2018, 02:59:29 AM
Is this a system game? If yes, which one?

No i was planning on it being freeform

Aenon

Cool!

But now I have to ask...what are the powers/weapons/tech upgrades? Do we just make stuff up?

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Aenon on November 06, 2018, 04:04:38 AM
Cool!

But now I have to ask...what are the powers/weapons/tech upgrades? Do we just make stuff up?
It will mostly be up to you. If i think its way to OP to start then we can work on a way that  it can be weakened or restricted to allow your character a way to build up to receiving the stronger stuff later.

BTW As an Aside...Nano tech weapons are bonded to the user and cannot be used by anyone else... the weapons themselves have no real abilities besides being unable to dull and switch forms based on the will of the user...

Aenon

Ok I'll say I am interested then. I can play any category, but if no one else wants the Envision Exec I will probably go for that.

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Aenon on November 06, 2018, 04:38:52 AM
Ok I'll say I am interested then. I can play any category, but if no one else wants the Envision Exec I will probably go for that.

Well it's first come first serve so as soon as i post the format up you can make the character, I should have this done later today after i get off work and get some zzz's Sorry it won't be until later.

TheOneWhoWatches

Hunter's Profile
[float=left][img height=250 padding=15] [/img][/float]
[center][b]Name:[/b] [/center]
[center][i]Alias:[/I] [/center]
[b]Race:[/b
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b].
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Eye colour:[/b]
[b]Hair colour:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Corporate Affiliation:[b]
[b]Where is their Corp Sign?[/b]
[b]NanoTech Weapon Description:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Tech 1:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Tech 1:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Tech 2:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Tech 2:[/b]
[b]Minor Tech:[b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Name of Pet:[/b] If one is owned (must acquire through story)
[b]On/Off's:[/b]

Exec
[center][i]Corporate Alias:[/I] [/center]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Executive of:[b]
[b]Where is their Corp Sign?[/b]
[b]NanoTech Weapon Description:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Tech 1:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Tech 1:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Tech 2:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Tech 2:[/b]
[b]Minor Tech:[b]
[b]Name of Pet:[/b] If one is owned (Execs can start with a pet if approved)

Awakened
[center][i]Alias:[/I] [/center]
[b]Height:[/b].
[b]Rebel Affiliation:[b] ](if part of a Rebel Group)
[b]Where is their Rebel Sign?[/b](if part of a Rebel Group)
[b]Weapon Descriptions:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Magic 1:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Magic 1:[/b]
[b]Name of Major Magic 2:[/b]
[b]Details of Major Magic 2:[/b]
[b]Minor Magic:[b]

Chaosfox

I bookmarked this when i saw it yesterday.  Seeing that you have the charterer sheets up  I will ask If  someone wanted to make a pet whee would you clarify that because I assume they would use the Awakened sheet.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

TheOneWhoWatches

an exec can have a hunter as a pet but usually pets are awakened that are considered 'useful' so yeah they would use the awakened sheet

Captain Whitebread

What about non-pet awakened (ie the hunted) as PCs?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheOneWhoWatches

Yeah all spots are still open im working on a more in depth backstory of the world. im thinking that for now 5 of each is good and there are no awakened non pets

Chantarelle

I’ll fix the pic when I get home. Let me know if I should change something.
“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

TheOneWhoWatches

Name:Talon Terran
Corporate Alias:Lu Bu
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Height:6’2”
Weight: 212 LBS
Eye colour: Ice Blue
Hair colour: Midnight Black
Personality:Reclusive, Eccentric, Confident, Controlling, Self-Assured, Said to be brutal to anyone who questions or defies him
Executive of: Axis Tech
Where is their Corp Sign?
NanoTech Weapon Description:First and most common form is a spear, Second form is a pair of claws, third form is a pair of gauntlets.
Name of Major Tech 1:NanoSkin
Details of Major Tech 1:This tech allows the user to modify the color and appearance of the skin. It is also said it allows the user to change what their body physically looks like even if for a short time. This also acts as an armor being able to layer the nanites to disperse kinetic and heat energy across the surface of millions of the interlinked nanites.
Name of Major Tech 2:Conversion Matrix
Details of Major Tech 2:This allows the user to convert the kinetic and heat energy into energy which can be used for several processes the nanites carry out in order to function. This energy can also be focused across the weapons to give them a Taser effect.
Minor Tech:Nanotech Replication Protocol.- This allows the Nanites to reproduce inside the body, but this requires the user to eat a substantially larger amount of food.
Closed nanite controller- This allows the nanites to be controlled by thought rather than by an external control unit. This means that to hack them one would have to be extremely close to him.
History: Talon was born to the position and Heir-Apparent of Axis Tech CEO. Raised as a child of wealth and means he wanted for nothing. This led him to get bored and test the boundaries of his limitations. His father quickly came down upon him.  His father used brutal tactics to try and reign the Heir-Apparent in, but with each more brutal punishment the stronger the resolve to test himself became. At the age of 21 his father died under mysterious circumstances and he became the CEO of Axis. What will he do now? Where will he take the company?
Name of Pet: If one is owned (Execs can start with a pet if approved)
On’s/Off's:On’s: Damsel in Distress (who doesn’t like to be a hero), Food Play, Bloodletting, Flexibility, Domination, Begging, Bondage (If he is doing the binding), Strip Tease
Off’s: Scat, gore, mommy/daddy play, vomit(unless sick, but would still prefer it far from him), pissing, Vore.
Player: TheOneWhoWatches

Red Stella

I like the tech vs magic thing. 

Working on a CS for a Hunter’s pet.   And hoping a few Hunters appear on the horizon.

Chanticleer

Hello there.

I noticed you advertised this on a necro'd year-old Shadowrun thread. Are you expecting fantasy races?
My current O/os (need work)

TheOneWhoWatches

they are allowed within reason, not all resurgence characters look human....forcibly introducing magic back into the world can have some unpredictable side effects

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Red Stella

Do you want us to PM you with proposed characters, or post them here?

TheOneWhoWatches

Quote from: Red Stella on November 24, 2018, 11:03:50 PM
Do you want us to PM you with proposed characters, or post them here?
you can post them here

TheOneWhoWatches

Still Recruiting and looking for Members. Need all

Aenon

I have picked up a few other games and I doubt I will have time for this one too when this starts, so don't count me in. Sorry.

Ontan

I’ve always loved the idea of tech vs magic. If this is still recruiting, I'd definitely be interested!

Edit: Do hunters need to belong to a certain corporation, or are they freelance?