Iksander

Name: Alexander Wainwright
Race: Knight
Element: Carbon
Weapon: A lance made of pure diamond
Level: 1
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 230

Basic Description: Alexander is young, but well built, man with stormy eyes and a scruff of unshaved hair on his face.  He dresses casually at most points, preferring mobility to style.
Visual:

Personality: Alex is quiet and reserved, preferring his own company and keeping counsel mostly with himself.
Likes: Victory, achievement, quiet moments of contemplation
Dislikes: Chaos, arrogant enemies, losing in anything
Talents: While Alex is a bright young man, his training kept him from excelling in traditional subjects.  While is quite knowledgable in combat techniques of a variety of sorts, as well as the complexities of chemistry instrumental to accessing his full abilities, he possesses few other abilities, instead simply being extremely well honed in the talents he does possess.

Background: Alex learned of his abilities at a relatively early age, and since then was placed into training to help him master his talents.  He was kept isolated even at that early age, growing more inwardly driven.  His trainers, while not cruel, were cold and distant and only congratulated him when he succeeded in his training.  This led to Alex becoming obsessed with victory, honing himself to meet the ever mounting challenges before him.  Unbeknownst to Alex, though, his trainers were simply testing to see where his potential ended, so that they could better tailor the rest of his training.  As Alex continued to push forward, though, he exceeded all expectations and so the testing grew even more intense.

He is considered something of a bogeyman amongst the other trainees, viewed as a tool rather a person, feared for his brutal efficiency and cold demeanor.  There are none that would consider him friend, and he has yet to even earn himself a Maria.  Nevertheless, Alex is perhaps the most potent combatant of those his age, thus assuring that he would be sent on the high priority mission out into the real world.  To help him in his first real mission, though, Alex will have to learn more than just combat strategy and come to adapt to the real challenges of human interaction.
I'm Just Some Guy.
Really.

Starlequin

Name: Jason Raines
Alias: Hindenburg
Race: Knight
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian (French ancestry)
Element: Hydrogen
Weapon: Spark Cloth-Inlaid Spiked Gloves
Level: 2
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 180 lbs

Basic Description: Jason is a (mostly) decent guy who doesn't like to see people in danger. His superiors probably wish he would take his job a little more seriously, but they can't argue with his results...usually. And even though he's one of the good guys, he's not afraid to look for unfair advantages in whatever situation he happens to be in. As he puts it, "Fairness is for people who can afford to lose."
Visual:

Personality: The first impression most people get from Jason is one of focused intensity. His body language, his piercing gaze, and his usual thoughtful expression make most folks more than a little uncomfortable, and more than one person has complained they can't tell if he's looking at them or through them. The reality, however, is that Jason is a lot more laid-back than he appears. Unless he's fighting. Or cooking. Or working on one of his pocket puzzle books.

Likes: Reading, playing cards, practical jokes, sex, trying new foods, word games
Dislikes: Poorly made meals, unappreciative people, waking up early, paperwork, incompetence

Talents:
Demolitions: Jason is highly skilled in building and dismantling explosive devices, from crude IEDs to sophisticated incendiary weapons.
Sniping: Jason has trained on a wide range of different large- and small-caliber rifles, and is an expert in long-range target elimination.
Cooking: While he's not exactly a five-star chef, Jason is pretty talented at whipping up delicious meals with whatever is handy in the kitchen pantry -- although wiser guests might shy away from some of his more, um, 'creative' dishes.
Gambling: Jason has a knack for figuring the odds on games of chance, and enjoys putting his skill to use whenever he can cadge some poor sucker into joining him for a 'friendly' game of poker, or blackjack, or dice, or...

Major: Physics
Grade Year: Senior

Background: Jason was raised by his uncle, who upon learning of his nephew's elemental power attempted to sell the boy to a group of mercenaries as a child-weapon. Before the sale could be completed, the Athos rescued him and took him in to train themselves. He grew up to become a highly accomplished Knight in the Church's service, and is generally respected and even admired by several of the younger members of The Athos for his willingness to embrace more unorthodox methods to achieve results; however, he is also often reprimanded by his superiors for his casual disregard of tradition and authority. Someone once made a joke that if Jason kept up his attitude, he'd end up being sent on a suicide mission one day. Considering some of the missions he's been assigned, he's not entirely certain it was a joke.

He largely understands The 12 Adepts' motives, but he's not certain he agrees with them. Is it possible that humanity might be better off without the Goddess' influence? Yes. But the opposite is also true, and Jason has no desire to test the theory. His methods may be questionable at times, but his loyalty to The Athos is unwavering.

Abilities: As the single most abundant element in existence (comprising over 75% of the universe's chemical makeup), Jason has access to his element literally everywhere he goes. The full range of his command over the element is still unknown, but several techniques have already been documented in his service record, including but not limited to:

-Generation of powerful air currents via direct atmospheric kinetic manipulation
-Creation of multiple 'chains' and 'pockets' of pure hydrogen gas, in a wide range of flamable and concussive spectrums
-Alteration of atmospheric composition and conditions via hydrogen volume level manipulation
-Enforced molecular structural degradation via hydrogen extraction
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dark Deception

Holy crap. I didn't get an email for this and we're already on the second page. Give me a second to read lol.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

Iksander: Your character would not be a Level 2 Knight if he doesn't have a Maria. Knights are reliant on a Maria because their Soma is what amplifies their manipulative abilities. A knight without a Maria is weak and hardly a match.

Also, you say he has a diamond-tipped spear. Is the spear made completely out of carbon or is it a metal shaft with a diamond spade? Because if it wasn't made completely out of the property he controls, then another knight who specializes in the element the shaft is made out of could easily destroy it.

Starlequin: Your character comes off more as a Normal Human than a Knight. Can you tell me what it is he does with his ability over Hydrogen? Like, how is it relevant to this character?

Iksander

Ah, I suppose I misunderstood the role that Soma played with the development of a Knight's abilities.  I'll go and make some edits real quick.  And yes, the entire spear is made of diamond, I'll clarify that as well.
I'm Just Some Guy.
Really.

Dark Deception

Starlequin

Actually, I wasn't sure what sort of limit hydrogen would have. Do the knights manipulate their elements Avatar style, I'm guessing? Given its availability, Jason would have access to it pretty much whenever he wished, so would he be able to use it both by air-manipulation and 'bombs on command,' a la FMA's Colonel Mustang? Or would you prefer limiting that to one or the other? If I use the explosive angle, I can switch out or add spark cloth to his gloves for an ignition source.

I think I also misinterpreted the Maria's role. I didn't mention Jason's Maria yet because I wasn't sure if i should leave it open for another player to play his partner, or if I (or you)  would simply NPC her, or if she would just be sidelined.

Dark Deception

To help you guys get more of an understanding, here's a AMV of the show.

At the beginning, the one in the cloak and mask is a Magnesium User, the one with the Scythe is an Iron User. The girl who looks like a priestess is a Maria. The girl with the Kendo stick is a Potential Maria. She didn't become a Maria until at the end of the show.

Seikon No Qwaser[AMV]

There are some small extra things they can do as you saw Magnesium was able to ignite her element since Magnesium is very dangerous when it burns. I was reluctant to have users do small extra things like that because I wasn't really sure what you would do with your element.

Starlequin, all I can suggest is you read up on Hydrogen. See what it's used for and come up with a way that your character would make it useful to him to put in your profile. Wikipedia will have an article on it.

Dark Deception

If some of you are worried about how your character will do in conflict, I wouldn't worry about it. I encourage you guys to be creative when battle occurs and as long as you don't go out of your element, then I don't see anything wrong.

Starlequin, if you want to have something that makes a spark that causes your character's explosive attacks, then do so. I was just hoping your character's main specialization would be his ability as opposed to conventional weapons.

Conventional weapons will more than likely be used by Marias and Normal Humans (if they become aware of the cause).

Revenent

Um, wow, first one to show interest, eighteenth to actually get a profile sheet up. I'll get mine up (don't read into that) as soon as I'm done reading through everyone else's, so just give me a bit.

Starlequin

Ah, I see. That actually answered the questions i was about to post next, thank you.

Very well, I'll go back and edit Jason to better suit his ability.

Dark Deception

Rev: lol

Starelquin: Oh yeah, and if you're worried about Marias, don't be. I have every intention to put knights with actual players, playing Marias. Marias shouldn't have to be NPCed. However, I will put a cap on Level 2 knights soon because every time someone lists their knight as level 2, then he or she must have a Maria. If they were Level 1, then they don't have to have one because they are a rookie. They can acquire a Potential Maria in game.

So everyone please be sure to look at the morale. I only got 2 Marias so far. One will definitely be paired with a knight, the other won't be right away so if you're Level 2, then you'll have to wait until more Marias sign up.

Dark Deception

Hm...I will be NPCing the Head of the church of The Athos. He will have a name and everything, but as for a character in game, I may play a Potential Knight that way he can go either way. Depends on which sect tries to recruit him (once they discovered his abilities). I plan to make him an Oxygen User if no one had plans to take it. If not, I will definitely go for a metal.

Revenent

One more quick question: if my character is a Rogue Knight, is he unable to be level 2 since he has no Maria presumably? I guess it doesn't really matter, since making phosphoric acid probably won't be as useful as a flaming sword anyway.

Dark Deception

He can be a Level 2 because in the show the 12 Adepts like to kidnap Normal Human Females, drain their Soma, and kill them so he could have reached that level by those methods. The 12 Adepts, however, would only keep a girl who has Maria potential (or keep a Maria period).

Edit: *imagines Iksander saying* Hey, my char could have sucked off normal girls too. lol But the Athos would put him with a Maria. He would have had a Maria since he was level 1.

Also to inform people, Maria's can be transferred if they seem to fail in their duties. A better Maria can take their place. So, if you RP someone, but don't think the personalities pair well or that there's no chemistry and you want to switch, depending if the other players wish to switch, you can do so with that in-game excuse (transfer). I'm hoping though that before the game starts, we have enough Marias to cover these knights and people can plan who they want to be with.

Revenent

Alright, cool. It's more threatening if he's a level 2, anyway, right? >:) Well, hope this is good enough.

Name: Markus Helgarson
Alias: Mark Jameson
Race: Rogue Knight
Nationality: Icelandic
Ethnicity: Icelandic and Greek
Element: Phosphorus
Weapon: Flaming kunai and daggers (obviously smaller weapons are better since they'll get burned away anyway)
Level: 2
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185
Basic Description: Leaner than his height and the constant workout his job gives would make one think, with slightly darker skin that suggests either a lot of time tanning or a mixed racial origin. Usually dresses in dark jeans, a blank T-shirt, and a jacket of some sort to carry the beer bottles he stores all of his white phosphorus in. (What, you think he's going to go around breaking a bunch of expensive Erlenmeyer flasks?)
Visual:
Personality: Tends to be very intense and focused on his mission, with a soldier-like attitude that makes him cold and fierce to enemies and business-like with friends. Despises all attempts to have his life path and actions controlled or manipulated, hence his hate for the goddess. Is actually a bit of a sensitive individual on the inside and may just be fighting as a defense mechanism. May open up more if he actually believed he could rely on someone.
Dislikes: Slackers, combat (strangely enough), being manipulated, rainy days or wet areas.
Talents:
Chemistry: Enough to produce a steady supply of white phosphorus for himself, at least.
Soccer: Has played it since he was a child starting out school all the way up through the time he went to the Academy in Berlin, though he doesn't play anymore. The experience made him quite fast, though.
Major: Sociology
Grade Year: Senior
Background: A Potential from Iceland who was discovered at an early age and sent to an Athos Academy in Berlin. From his early teens onward, he was trained to make full and effective use of his elemental control, though the trainers in Berlin weren't exactly the types to worry about collateral damage as long as the Marias and goddess were well-protected. Still, there were surprisingly strict and weren't above beating or otherwise severely punishing the students who were unsatisfactory, developing a hatred of authority and control in Markus. He only stayed around for fear of being hunted down by the other Knights and Marias, but as soon as he was approached by the 12 Adepts, he was out of there. One could say his dislike of Kolydi's control is entirely based on the cruelty of his Academy instructors.

Dark Deception

Yeah, I'm no longer accepting Level 2s from both sides now. Currently reviewing profiles.

Starlequin: You're still allowed to have your char be a level 2. I just meant if any new people apply for Knights, they can't have their Knights be level 2.

Dark Deception

Revenent

Excellent, thank you.

How many players are you shooting for before we get started?

Dark Deception

We'll see. I rather not think about it right now. Too much going on.

Starlequin

Understood. Finally got away from distractions long enough to finish my CS, so I hope  its acceptable.

Dark Deception

Dark Deception

Revenent: To answer your question now, I'm hoping to get the three Marias and whoever wants to join after that can do so as anyone but a Level 2 Knights. So everyone who is a Level 2 knight currently are the only ones who will be Level 2 in the game unless the Level 1 Knights advance in game. We don't desperately need a High Maria. The role is just there. We can do the game without one. But I really want you guys to have actual players being Marias and not NPCs.

Nazora

Misty can match up with a level one knight upon being discovered, which I hope will be early in the storyline.
All about what I like!

Info: I find that 98% of the time my interest in a story outlasts that of the other party. If you are no longer interested in continuing a story, please let me know promptly so I'm not checking the thread.  Thank you.

Status: Posting a bit slowly due to chaotic schedule, bear with me please.

Dark Deception

Oh yeah guys, feel free to make changes to your profiles if you want to add more details because when I mae the character thread in the future, you won't be allowed to make those changes once you post your profiles there.

Edit: I've made 5 changes to the profile layout. I've added: Ethnicity, Nationality, Alias, Major, and Grade Year. Be sure to check those out and makes changes accordingly.