Evil Pathfinder

Started by Regina Minx, November 04, 2017, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on November 05, 2017, 11:11:53 AM
Im feeling either an evil overlord kind of caster, or some sort of blackguard/fallen paladin. I should point out my 3.5 is strong, my pathfinder-fu is pretty weak.

Well, in pathfinder there is anti-paladin which is basically blackguard as core class (and can get choose from some nice archtypes, one which is sort dark overlord type who is devoted to Asmodeus).

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2017, 12:42:57 PM
Well, in pathfinder there is anti-paladin which is basically blackguard as core class (and can get choose from some nice archtypes, one which is sort dark overlord type who is devoted to Asmodeus).
Sold.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is direct link for anti-paladin and archtypes it can get :)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/antipaladin

Lord of Darkness would fit your fantasy perhaps ;). In 11th level (if we get that far) get able dominate person people permanently.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 05, 2017, 12:55:22 PM
Lord of Darkness would fit your fantasy perhaps ;). In 11th level (if we get that far) get able dominate person people permanently.

Kneel before Zod!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Regina Minx on November 05, 2017, 01:10:24 PM
Kneel before Zod!

You can get to do that since level 3, as you can via intimidate by demoralizing people give commands :P. But great archtype for sure, more so if you go for warrior of unholy darkness (so no need worry about spells but able debuf foes greatly with dark malignant aura).

LisztesFerenc

I think level 4 is a good place to start, still rather low, but gives you more options.

Character-wise a zen archer monk would certainly work well. For the rest it seems like there is more interest than places if everyone who posts on this thread produces a character, so I may need to make some choices once I know what everyone wants to play. For now, some notes:

Quote from: eBadger on November 05, 2017, 10:49:42 AMI'm thinking an eleven caster, a survivor of the war who feels it's still on.

That could work, though depending on how old they were during the war I would expect some reason in the backstory as to why they are only level 4 after a hundred years. I know, elven learning is handled awkwardly between NPCs and PCs. Certainly some elves would have sworn to continue the war, though with limited numbers and outside their home of the desert there was little harm they could inflict.

The elves of the desert have different racial stats, getting +2 dexterity, +2 wisdom and -2 charisma, but some of them could have the standard state modifiers, they would be rare but not unheard of.

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on November 05, 2017, 11:11:53 AMIm feeling either an evil overlord kind of caster, or some sort of blackguard/fallen paladin.

As mentioned, anti-paladin is a good base class for this in PF, though just some warning, since its a hot climate, heavy armour is rare, it need to be important which tends to add a bit to the price, and you'll need a source of endure elements to wear it comfortable all day.

Quote from: Ixy on November 05, 2017, 11:30:05 AMIt's doable.  How much liberty with background, setting, etc

I like receiving ideas for the setting via PC backstory, so as long as its not too drastic I can work it in. The local area isn't a desert, but it is next to one, so pretty hot and dry climate, beyond that though you have a fair amount of room for creativity.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I’m not home this weekend, so I’ll start really digging in probably Tuesday, if that’s cool.

SeraphAzriel

I realize that I'm pretty dang late to the game but I'd love a shot at it if there's still room!  I can play pretty well any role.

Also on the note of prior connections between PCs, being evil doesn't necessarily preclude healthy relationships.  Evil people have family, friends, and loved ones that they care about.  Just because you tend to use people to benefit yourself doesn't mean that you can't get a bit attached to them if you work together closely for a while.

Yukina

I think I'll make a void kineticist class character then. She appears rather nice and calming. However, her abilities are disturbingly violent due to the abuse she suffered from the unsettling powers she bared. Hence, she is fully on board with the criminal organization's objectives to overthrow the current rule.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Is there anything that stops an Antipaladin from taking both the Lord of Darkness *and* Warrior of Unholy Darkneas, since they sun separate class abilities?

Asking for a friend. Who’s evil.

Zaer Darkwail

Nothing stops you taking both archtypes if they do not replace same abilities, archtype stacking is in itself a artform in pathfinder :P.

Ixy

All this enthusiasm, so cute. Would be amazing if the game gets this many posts.  So about my question... how much liberty with setting, what setting, what application requirements, etc. ?

Regina Minx

Background: Cricket's mother was an acolyte at the Order of the Desert Winds, a monastery on the border of the Morasti Desert, located in a valley just before the last bend of the road that takes merchant caravans out into the endless, elf-blasted wastes. But for a single night's indiscretion, Cricket's mother would have joined that order and lived her life in a rigorous discipline, studying the world within and learning the ancient secrets of the martial path.

Instead, she encountered a handsome, winking stranger, and her vow of chastity was forgotten beneath the man's spread cloak. A few months later, when her pregnancy could not be ignored, the Grand Master of the order exiled Cricket's mother to a life of drudgery on the outskirts of civilization. Even the birth of her daughters (twins...normally an auspicious omen) did little to relieve the bitterness and regret that plagued Cricket's mother to this very day. Seeing in her daughters the red-orange hair and lilac eyes of her seducer, to see her offspring was to be reminded of her sin and all that she had lost. Having only the skills of a half-trained monk to trade for bread, the exile worked as a caravan guard, crossing the deserts so often that her skin became as leathery and dark as the hides of the sturdy desert horses.

Having no one to watch, Cricket and her twin sister accompanied their mother from the day they were old enough to walk. And since a desert caravan has no room for those who only take, from the time they were old enough to hold a slingshot, a knife, or a bow, they participated in the defense of the caravan and its supplies as they trundled from one oasis to the next. By the time Cricket and her sister were 16, they had crossed the desert more times than they could count, and both were canny, cunning warriors with an ability that their size betrayed, and had learned from their mother what the ex-monk could teach them about the ways of monastic combat.

Of course, two fresh young girls are bound to be drawn to other battles than to defend against raiders and horse thieves. One night, Cricket's sister was set upon by one of their fellow guards. A description of what he did would last longer than the act itself, for acting on instinct, Cricket took an arrow to her trusty bow and skewered the would-be rapist through the spine. One thing leading to another, Cricket and her sister were forced to flee into the desert when the caravan leader and the dead man's captain would not believe that the fault was not Cricket's and her sister. The worse sting of all came from their mother, who saw in the aborted assault her own sins reflected and accused Cricket, her sister, and both of being seduced by the guard, just as she was all those years ago.

Cricket and her sister would have died had they not been discovered by a gang of desert raiders and bandits, intent on attacking the same caravan that the girls had been a member of the previous day. They were allowed to join the bandits, and live to see the next day, only on the condition that they help raid those they had once protected. Having no sense of loyalty compelling them to stay, the two joined as they were bidden, and attacked the caravan by night, sparing only Cricket's mother, who was exiled in turn and left to wander the desert sands.

Her sister has long since returned to civilization, but Cricket has remained in one outlaw band or another since turning thief. She has a taste for it, and loves the free, fierce life of stealing and raiding more than she ever did as a dour, silent guard.

RubySlippers

If you have room and depending on what your allowing I wouldn't mind playing a socially gifted enchantress type, there are a lot of options a bard or sorceress or occultist or some of the other options but think more charm and tits - I mean wits - over muscle. Well beauty and sex properly used backed by special powers can sometimes be very effective where other means fail.

firepyre

I'd be interested in this as well. If you go the prison escape route, then perhaps playing a prison guard with questionable morality either bribed or seduced into aiding and abetting the escape.

Autocad

So just to clarify, is this game meant for Byronic anti-heroes who happen to have LE / E / CE written in their character sheet, or evil characters?

TFcommando

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 05, 2017, 05:48:28 PM
If you have room and depending on what your allowing I wouldn't mind playing a socially gifted enchantress type, there are a lot of options a bard or sorceress or occultist or some of the other options but think more charm and tits - I mean wits - over muscle. Well beauty and sex properly used backed by special powers can sometimes be very effective where other means fail.

I was looking into that concept myself.  A infernal bloodline sorcerer with the Charming and Overwhelming Beauty traits and Spell Focus (Charm Person) will make it quite difficult to resist your supernatural allure even at first level.

I've also wanted to play a stereotypical "evil sorceress" from Cheliax, the decadent, scantily clad type, skull locket and so forth, with grand plans and ambitions in her hometown (Just like the rest of her family and all of her friends).  Maybe even playing up the whole thing, right out of cheap novels and plays A) because she likes it and B) because people expect it of a Cheliaxian so C) when she drops it, people don't recognize her and D) they won't question her motives or actions too deeply.   Adventuring to get out of town where it's constant evil plotting and to find useful knowledge and magic as well.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ixy on November 05, 2017, 03:14:29 PM
All this enthusiasm, so cute. Would be amazing if the game gets this many posts.  So about my question... how much liberty with setting, what setting, what application requirements, etc. ?

I like receiving ideas for the setting via PC backstory, so as long as its not too drastic I can work it in. The local area isn't all desert, but it is next to one, so a pretty hot and dry climate, beyond that though you have a fair amount of room for creativity. Does that answer your question?

For character generation, point buy 20, two traits, one draw back, standard wealth. All official PF sources are good, homebrew and third party will be considered. Warrior Lord of Unholy Darkness for example is approved.

For applications, backstory, personality, goals and character sheet, either in this thread or PM-ed to me.

More people have expressed interest than there will be room in the game, but this isn't first come first served, I'll choose the best from the applicvations I receive.

Yukina

Do you have any specific template you would like our characters presented in, Lisztes?

LisztesFerenc

Not particularly, whatever works for you.

Yukina

Ok. My application has been sent. :)

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my concept. Still W.I.P in regards sheet but goals should be clear and background (just add bit more later on personality as well).

Cardinal Pride
Fiendish Vessel Cardinal 4
Pride was born to noble family, usually in this point most tieflings tales sink to self depressing tale of abandonment or neglect or forsaken by their biological parents who are horrified from birth of a abomination. However his parents were overjoyed as they both were devoted followers of Asmodeus (and Asmodeus was main religion in city of his birth) so his birth was seen as divine sign from their god. So they used their wealth to bribe local Asmodeus priests to take in the god's favored child and educated in the church in matters of state craft, politics and of course climb up in church hierarchy much envy to non-devil touched members of the clergy. All while enjoy benefits of being born loving noble family who shared similar ideals and worldview as he did and is admired big brother to his younger sister (who sadly albeit not devil touched like him in regards career paths but no less ambitious her own). He took his new name; Cardinal Pride, upon graduation but he still accepts called by his older name by members of his family; Larsk Kradoman.

In short time he became one younger cardinals graduated from the merciless church and he decided to expand his influence (or build it) by working for crime syndicate which was distantly associated to the church. Criminal activity naturally is forbidden by Asmodean law, but then again there is no punishment if your not caught and thus leads to never ending wheel of bribery going towards Asmodeus church tolerate crime syndicates so long they do not grossly break the law and occasion church hires criminals to perform tasks for them.

Then opportunity arises with opening of the desert....promise of great wealth and thus power for someone who controls the desert sands.

Personality: Cardinal Pride, well, is prideful sort. He is proud of his fiendish heritage, not ashamed nor afraid of it. He knows very well what kind of patron he is dealing with and has sort zealous stoic acceptance of it and has accepted Asmodeus as supreme entity in universe (in his standpoint). Raised as prodigy by loved family he is very close to his parents and family but he is close also to his mentor in the church academy where he graduated from. He is driven, ambitious and has sense there is great destiny for him but he does not foresee it yet. So he focus mostly on gathering and increasing his own power and influence (in this order as influence without power is hollow one in his opinion).

eBadger

Mahsati, The Moon Whisper
Elven Feral Huntress
Character Sheet

Description & Background
All is lost to the winds and sands.  My mothers no longer tell their stories; they weep in the darkness, holding their little court beneath the blasted rocks, and dream ever of revenge.  And lo, for I am that revenge, seeded by the wicked race that I might have their cruelty, taught the ways of the desert and its beasts to become the predator. 

Like the story of the mad djinn, I bring death to the sands; like the midnight wind, I steal souls to feed upon; like the humans, I'll bathe the desert in blood until the oases are mine. 

Mahsati was raised on stories of the animals who overran her homeland; the wicked things that fouled oases, despoiled the sacred sites and eternal cities, and murdered her kin.  Her three mothers - well, two were aunts, but only technically - were princesses of a nomadic tribe, a proud people skilled in poetry and art, one with the land they traveled.  But their warriors were overwhelmed, their people scattered, their camels butchered, and they fled the war into the deep caves in the broken lands along the desert's edge.  As the magical storm scoured clean their homeland, they used their earth magics to forge a new home. 

They even forced respect from the drow, when they met them, and were happy enough to capture and trade away any humans that ventured too near their caves.  The princesses came to respect the drow in turn, seeing the vicious brutality that would be necessary to continue the war.  They took males to stud, birthing Mahsati and well over a score of siblings. 

Mahsati, half drow and half desert elf, is the eldest of these, the heir apparent to leadership as the clan's Sheikh.  Raised by her mothers with frequent contact with the Drow, her beliefs are a mixture of traditional desert teachings, lust for vengeance and the attitudes of a matriarchal, evil society.  The burden of responsibility and expectation has also weighed heavily upon her. 

She learned the druidic magic of her mothers but wasn't content to merely channel the energies of nature.  Mahsati also enjoyed the wild savagery of the beasts, finding within herself a bloodthirsty animal eager for the hunt.  Humans and other imperials, no better than vermin, are prey.  The desert has long been a hunting ground where she prowls at night, picking off settlers, merchants or any other imperials who venture too far from town walls and armed guards.  While the rest of her clan tends to stay close totheir lair, she has ventured into the desert and the habitations along its edge, raiding caravans and villages - sometimes alone, but she has learned the value of hunting as a pack. 

Now, with the storm's sudden abating, she seeks to stop any efforts by the humans to resume their invasion and to repair the magical devastation the war has taken on nature. 

Personality
Mahsati is a poet-warrior who stalks men like beasts, driven by her mothers' thirst for vengeance.  She exists at the line between cultured and feral, aristocratic and animalistic, a polite storyteller and a playful killer.  She is dutiful and as merciless as a cat on the hunt, but quietly holds to the idea of becoming something more.  To those who gain her friendship is is a steadfast pack member and a surprisingly adept storyteller who takes her role as the last depository of her tribe's culture very seriously. 

Description
Mahsati favors her father's pale drow coloring, of medium height and athletically slim.  She is not only able to express her feral nature but delights in it, rarely seeing any need to conceal large, feline fangs, sharp nails and bright yellow eyes.  She enjoys rich fabrics, designed in desert style but reflecting her nocturnal, subterranean nature: black spider silk and loose, flowing fabrics. 

Yukina

Just posting my sheet here for the sake of prosterity. Those are awesome characters, Zaer and Badger! :)

(Note: Upon taking burn (as shown in the above picture), the color of her hair and eyes warp. She also tends to glow with negative energy and have pale skin as well in such states.)

Name: Sara Blight, Human Void Kineticist (Elemental Annihilator) 4

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1388538

Goals: Sara fully aims to use the assistance of the organization to overthrow the current rule. Her primary objective overall though is to smite the entirety of hometown.

Personality: Sara comes off as oddly affable despite having mentally snapped three years ago. It's just that her calm and kind demeanor starts getting rather disturbing as it ceases to fade when she rends her foes with gravity and dark energy. It's especially a vomit-inducing experience to watch as she holds casual conversations while slitting the throats of any creature unfortunate enough to be in such a helpless position. That calm demeanor shatters into blind rage however when she encounters a member of her hometown. Her class archetype is called "Elemental Annihilator" for a reason.

Background: Sara was born to a family obsessed with having a fruitful child for their own wealth. The caustic couple was angered to find that not only was their child not to a boy, but she looked quite average as a girl. The town would eventually take notice of the hidden abuse over the first decade of her life, but the lazy eyes caught on at the worst time. The moment a couple citizens planned to intervene, they forced open the door to the sight of Sara's repugnant parents warped across the floor by her awakened powers. The black-haired girl had accidentally used them out of fear, but the ensuing mob reaction of the townsfolk wasn't having that. After barely escaping them and their intent to hang her, she was forced to live out in the wilderness for the next six years. Throughout that time, she quickly grew quite bitter with the horrid lot she had been given in life. By age 16, she had finally snapped and went onto building her path of revenge, leading to her current position in the organization three years later.

Regina Minx

Could someone a little more familiar with the system take a quick look over? I don't want to have missed anything but I'm like 95% convinced that I'm solid.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Cricket. Race: Human. Class/Level: Zen Qinggong Monk 4. Favoured Bonus: H.
Alignment: LE. Pointbuy: 14/14/13/10/17/10 = 20.

Strength 14, Dexterity 14, Constitution 13, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 20, Charisma 10
Initiative +8
Perception +12
Hit Points 36

Armor Class 19, touch 19, flatfooted 17 (class 1, wis 5, dex 2, def 1)
CMD 18 (bab 3, class 1, dex 2, str 2)
Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +7

Speed 40
Base Attack +3, Base Flurry +2 (+2/+2)
CMB +8
Fist +5 (1d8+2)
Bow +10 (1d8+3/Crit [(1d8+3)x3]+3, 110’)
Bow within 30’ +11 (1d8+4/Crit [(1d8+4)x3]+3, 110’)
Bow flurry +9/+9 (1d8+3/Crit [(1d8+3)x3]+3, 110’)
Bow flurry within ’30 +10/+10 (ditto)

Traits: Exile, Resilient, Killer
Drawback: Family Ties (sister)
Feats:
1st: Toughness
Human: Improved Initiative
Monk 1st: Improved Unarmed Strike
Monk 1st: Perfect Strike (bow, special)
Monk 1st: Precise Shot (does not suffer -4 for shooting into melee)
Monk 2nd: Weapon Focus (longbow)
Monk 2nd: Point Blank Shot (+1 attack/danage within ’30)
Monk 3rd: Point Blank Master (does not provoke for using ranged weapon while threatened)
3rd: Deadly Aim (-1 ranged attack, +2 ranged damage)

Monk Class Abilities
* Bow Flurry: no flurry with any other weapon
* Perfect Strike: 4/day, once/round, as part of attack; roll two d20s for one bow attack, with the discard as confirmation if the first threatens
Zen Archery: Cricket uses Wisdom to determine ranged attacks
* Ki Pool: 8/day swift and one round unless stated:
1= (i) extra bow flurry [one attack], (ii) +50’ bow increment, (iii) +4 dodge armour,
(iv) unarmed bow damage, (v) +20 speed or jump, (vi) +3 barkskin [stnd, 60 mins]

Skills: Acrobatics +9 (4 rank, 3 class, 2 stat), Heal +11 (3 rank, 3 class, 5 stat) Perception+12 (4 rank, 3 class, 5 stat), Ride +6 (1 rank, 3 class, 2 stat), Stealth +9 (4 rank, 3 class, 2 stat)

Gear (6,000gp): composite str14 longbow+1 (2600gp, 3lb), ring of protection+1 (2000gp), cloak of resistance+1 (1000gp), 2 potions of mage armor (100gp), 10 smoke arrows (100gp, 10lb), masterwork backpack (50gp, 4lb), 200 arrows (10gp, 30lb), 40 blunt arrows (4gp, 6lb), cold iron knuckles (2gp, 1lb), soap (1gp, 2lb), 133gp
Encumbrance (light 56lb):