Post Apocolyptic - A little magic, a little science, a little torture (Seek F)

Started by Zorak, October 08, 2009, 11:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorak

** The bit below was written by a friend, and I'm thinking it would be interesting to RP in this setting **

The old ones built giant cities, and lived in towers that reached above the clouds.  The traveled in carriages without livestock to pull them, and moved faster than any riderless horse could ever run.  They built machines that moved mountains, flew through the sky, and made medicines that cured disease and extended life.

But they built other machines... machines that killed.  They developed weapons that killed by destruction, and by disease.  They fought amongst themselves, and they died.  They built weapons so devastating that their fighting caused their own extinction.

But life always finds a way to go on.  The few men and women who remained cast aside the sciences of the old ones.  The stayed away from the wreckage of the great towers and the cities.  And the earth returned from its long night, though, not completely un-scarred.

But man is by nature, a flawed creation, and eventually, a few chose not to heed the wisdom of their predecessors, and entered the cities and the towers, and found the knowledge of the old ones.  They used that knowledge to further their own need for power and status by disguising it in mysticism.  And whey they could not have something they wanted, they used tribal leaders to further their agenda.

And so, the fighting began again, this time, with bows, arrows, and swords - and in the background, unseen to most, the scientists cloaked in their shrouds of black manipulated and guided their puppet leaders.

Sound interesting?  Looking for a F (human/sub) to share this with.  NC, including Bondage, D/s, S&M, and other extreme stuff in a free-form, let's see-where-it-takes-us approach.

Starting 1 on 1, but maybe, pulling a few more players in later if it seems appropriate.

Quartze

Hey, this looks quite interesting really. Never really considered working post apocalypse before, but I do like the potential the story has.
There's something in your way and now someone is gonna pay and if you can't get what you want, well it's all because of me.

playfullchick76

I like this one. It sounds like a book that i read once. I just cant remember the name of it.

Zorak

Quote from: playfullchick76 on October 09, 2009, 10:24:44 AM
I like this one. It sounds like a book that i read once. I just cant remember the name of it.

It reminds me a little bit of Shannara, actually, but without the elves and dwarves and such...  A cartoon (and I'm showing my age now, I know it...) also comes to mind... Thundarr the Barbarian (obscure, but I kinda liked it).