recruiting- The Homelands(small group, exotic, dark fantasy)

Started by WindVoyager, May 23, 2015, 02:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Game is open to all and still recruiting. Be an orc or barbarian warlord. Be a member of the ruthless wolf tribe whom believe might makes right and the weak are to be slaves. Be one a member of the many human classes. Be a member of the anthro tribes or be a shaman or druid and call forth powerful natue spirits. Or you can make your own races and creatures.

Basic Game Info

Medium fantasy semi-sandbox world that allows and even encourages the players to help build the world. Feel free to add new locations, new races, ideas and even new species to the game. Its open to human characters and pretty much any fantasy race with the exception of the undead,vampires, shifters (Druids don't count), dark elves and dragons. And no huamns with aniaml tails and ears.

The Homelands A massive stretch of wild land comprised of thick forests crisscrossed by shallow streams and a few lakes that gives way to gently rolling open meadows dotted by brush and short trees. The Homelands are populated by all manner of game animals, anthro tribes, magical creatures and humanoid races (elves, orcs and the like). The Homelands are considered sacred and humans are forbidden to enter with the exception of Druids who value nature. 

Humans have destroyed the wild lands all around the boarders of the Homelands, clear cutting forests for its timber and to clear land for farming and for cattle. AS game animals became scarce, the humans began to look towards the Homelands as a new source of timber, game animals and even slaves. This of course is causing tensions and conflict

To add to the growing tensions, the Innara Clan took in an orphan human child as an act of mercy which violated every law in the Homelands. After all maybe if they raised her she wouldn't turn out like most humans.  They raised her as one of thier own and taught her everything she needed to know including how cruel and selfish humans were and to avoid them. Now as an adult she has no memories of her human life and thinks herself as one of the Innara. She speaks their langue, runs naked or barely clothed in animal hides.

Druids Any race, any gender. Human druids  are often outcasts of civilization, driven away due to thier connections with the natural world. Their spells are nature and healing based. They are protectors of the Homelands and its denizens, summoning powerful nature spirits and quasi elementals to help fend off any attacks from outsiders in times of need

Fertility Rituals\rites, as suggested by Biles. Those that live off the Homelands and relay on it for protection and substance need to give something back. And the greatest amount of energy comes from sexual pleasures. Sexual fluids like vaginal juices and semen are used as a source of nourishment for the forest to feed upon as well and the sexual energies. Its not that unusual for plant creatures and like to be drawn to the sacred ring of ancient oak tress where such rites are preformed  and expect the characters 'to pay their dues' >:3

Know current clans Feel free to add your own

Black Creek Pack They are considered to be the barbarians of the Homelands. They are brutal, cruel and ruthless. They live patriarchal society that values masculinity and strength. As a whole they have a distrust of magic with the exception of druids and shamans since their magic comes from the nature spirits and the Homelands themselves. Their dwellings consist of shabby small huts with the exception of the pack leader whom lives in a large well made lodging with his slaves.

The Black Creek pack thinks they are the superior tribe and often stage raids on other tribes, stealing metal tools and weapons, food and the occasional slave.  It is all to common for them to have the belief that they have the right to take what ever they want from other clans and races. Doesn't matter to them of its human, anthro, or even orc, if they want something they will take it with as much force as needed.

Lone wolves are a rarity, they are always outcasts, exiled from the pack and viewed by other wolves with disdain.

Broken Ax Clan This small clan of lizard folk live in floating huts on the Kingfisher lake, living off the lake and the surrounding land. Its a small clan of maybe twenty individuals that view other races with suspicion and distrust. This stems from when they fled their home land in the south, driven off by humans who wanted the entire lake for themselves and saw the small clan as competition.

They are led by a shaman

Innara Clan A small clan of twenty or so individuals that live deep in the woods, they are deeply spiritual and have a deep bond with the Homelands. Unlike many of the other clans, they never drifted far from thier primitive roots. Due to this they are more sensitive magic energies of the Homelands and their druids can wield it better then most other clans. 

Despite the fact they are rabbits, they are omnivores as well as very skilled hunters. The most common weapons is the atal and a masterwork long bow that they never sell or trade.

Current locations Feel free to add your own

-The sacred grove, a small clearing surrounded by a ring of eight hundred year old oak trees, Fertility Rights are preformed here
-Channelwood, home of the Innara Clan, comprised of well built huts that are designed to resemble large dead falls and snags, effectively camouflaging the dwellings.
Wolves Run- Home of the wolf clan

Basic Rules
-Use tags (location, character)
-Respect players off\ons
-when is doubt just ask. We don't bite. We just chew.

Ideas

-Invading humans

Name:
Orientation:
Personality:
offs and ons:

OOC thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230202.0

Strangefate

Just posting tentative interest, not sure yet. Keeping an eye on the thread basically.  :-)
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Ixy

This sounds like an interesting setup... particularly, I'm glad that much of this is open for development, and that you've set out intending to keep the group small.

I'm curious if a human character would fit in.  Are you intent on primarily keeping the humans as antagonists, and the central character and PCs would be forest-dwellers and anthros?  Or would it be possible to play a renegade tribesperson who lives in exile from the expanding human kingdom?  I was thinking that a human barbarian or criminal might make an ally for such a character as this, and might serve as an example that humans are capable of both good and evil, just as everyone is.

Ideas for a character:
-A young woman exiled from her forest-dwelling, barbarian human tribe, living on her own and unable/unwilling to rejoin human society.  She has recently learned that her people were subjugated by the kingdom, and that everyone she used to love-- regardless of their betrayal-- is either dead or in slavery.
-A elven druid without a circle, summoned by nature and communing with it on every level possible.  She's been hunted by the humans before for her secrets, her heretical practices, and simple sport, but thusfar does not accept the protection of a druidic sect because, somehow, her calling forbids it.
-A thief and scoundrel, quite accomplished in the city, who murdered a noble when she caught him doing something really awful.  Her guild tried to protect her, but against the full might of the army, mercenaries, and hired-out assassins from rival guilds, she had no choice but to flee the city and forced to question her whole way of life.

WindVoyager

QuoteThis sounds like an interesting setup... particularly, I'm glad that much of this is open for development, and that you've set out intending to keep the group small.

I wanted to keep it very open to development an ideas due to it being a small group.

Instead of the game revolving around just a few central groups, I want to have it revolve around the anthro tribe, forest dwellers, a small village of humans and druids. Its very possible to play outcasts or renegade tribe-person or someone who was exiled for some reason.

QuoteI was thinking that a human barbarian or criminal might make an ally for such a character as this, and might serve as an example that humans are capable of both good and evil, just as everyone is.

I like that idea. Its not every day someone see's a near naked woman running through the forest dressed in nothing but a wolf pelt wielding a master craft bow, feet covered in crude hide and fur shoes.

Rukio

I'd like to throw my hat in for this if there's still room. I've got some ideas for characters. How intelligent/sentient were you thinking of a creature such as a Minotaur?

WindVoyager

QuoteI'd like to throw my hat in for this if there's still room. I've got some ideas for characters. How intelligent/sentient were you thinking of a creature such as a Minotaur?

Make them as intelligent/sentient as you like

Ironwolf85

I've been itching for an anthro character. I sorta want to do an educated stag character... sort of a genus bruiser based a bit on oleg, a native american character type from a few games and movies. Sort of a foil for the wild human, the "civilized savage"

here I'll leave this link as an inspiration pic:
Link NSFW
Warning he does good characters, but is a bit wang obsessed
https://static1.e621.net/data/d4/fc/d4fc00a7b467b347d851b9118b28b347.jpg
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ixy

I guess I'll keep watching this discussion in the hopes it becomes a roleplay.

WindVoyager

QuoteI've been itching for an anthro character. I sorta want to do an educated stag character... sort of a genus bruiser based a bit on oleg, a native american character type from a few games and movies. Sort of a foil for the wild human, the "civilized savage"

A lot of anthro artists are wang obsessed unfortunately, really takes away from the art.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: WindVoyager on May 25, 2015, 09:12:42 PM
A lot of anthro artists are wang obsessed unfortunately, really takes away from the art.
yeah this pic here inspired an "educated savage" idea for me
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Ironwolf85

Rukio

I'm sorry to have to withdraw myself from participation.  :-[ Too much on my plate to handle more than what I've already got going on. Maybe later or next time.

WindVoyager

QuoteI'm sorry to have to withdraw myself from participation.  :-[ Too much on my plate to handle more than what I've already got going on. Maybe later or next time.

It happens

Quoteindeed, may I write up a character sheet?

Sure. I have a short app up

Ironwolf85

Name: Targane  Maza
Species: Stag
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: calm, collected, well educated, But passionate in his views and attempts to find a way for his fellow stags to live in peace. He embraces their casually sexual culture. Unlike many dwelling within the wildlands he understands the encroaching civilization, having spent time among them as a house slave for nobility. He also has a deep sense of what it will take to claim a homeland in the long term and is willing to fight if need be... but he is relatively young in stag terms, and the old timers of the tribe are of a...different opinion... about co-existance and building a homeland.
offs and ons:
Ons: fun, causality, just about any fun position, intelligence
Off: potty play, extreme pain, torture, death.

Ixy

Character Image
Name: Chase
Species: Human
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Red and black streaked hair, lithe, well endowed, pale skinned with an elaborate dragon tattoo covering from one shoulder to opposite hip.
Personality: Chase has always been judgmental and temperamental, and staunchly loyal to her friends and her code of honor.  She's flirtatious and aggressive when in pursuit of what she wants, but she has no trouble recognizing the need to back down or play it calm when necessary.  With a quick wit and well-tuned senses of observation, she will do what she thinks is right despite what's legal, 'moral', or accepted by others.
offs and ons: Strong wills, independence, those in need, those who show her respect and admiration.  Rendezvouses, clean partners, intoxication, restrained aggression.  Group sex, exhibitionism, voyeurism.  Multiple penetration is possible.  Foreplay is a must.

WindVoyager

Ironwolf85 and Ixy characters accepted

Since this is a world ALL the players can add onto and help build, the Homelands can be the area where the anthros live, there are a few small villages near by and at least one major city

Ironwolf85

I imagine the Stags somewhere between Abanaki and Iroquois in terms of culture, maybe with a dash of celt. Being more humanoid they are omnivores but prefer fish as a source of protien. They don't actually ascribe a special sacredness to their feral counterparts. Sort of as humans see a chimp...

I have a few other ideas for later.

also had a very interisting idea... I'll Pm it

Biles

I wonder if I can join in on this and I have a sheet to go with this. I hope it's acceptable.

Name: Xuna Bladereaver
Species: Jungle Orc
Orientation: Futanari, shemales, femboys, and females

Appearance:
She stands almost 8 feet tall and is well-endowed. Aside from the picture reference, Xuna also wears a frontal loincloth which covers her green giant and matching open vest with fur trimmings on the collar which is able to still cover her breasts. Xuna wields large pair of scimitars and carries a small supply pack.
Additional Pic

Personality:
Xuna is like most orc warriors of typical nature. They believe in honor and strength. However, she also values cunningness and the need to adapt. She's a wanderer who comes from a distant tribe located deep in a remote jungle. As one who travels a lot, she's independent and tries to be resourceful and being a hunter is one of them. Yet, she doesn't hunt preys just for sports as she believe such skills should only be used when one needs to eat. Xuna is most likely a chaotic neutral character.

Ons and Offs: Check my O/O for additional information.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

WindVoyager

Xuna is more then welcome here

I'm very  tempted to bring in the Broken Axe Lizard folk clan from my D&D home brew world. They have zero love for humans but don't mind trading with humanoid races. The leader of the group is what the humans call a Godling, they are primal nature spirits that, like Druids, are interested only in the balance of nature. She's the protector of the small clan. Her daughter, a Godling touched lizard folk ranger would be the one who will be in charge of trade negotiations and the like.

Ironwolf85

sure go for it!
I sorta want to build the other character

Biles

Great, looking forward to the IC. For an interesting twisted suggestion. Those wanting to feed off from the forest would have to give something back, and by chance the greatest amounts of energy could be found from sexual pleasures. >:D ~hint hint~
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Biles on May 29, 2015, 08:50:24 PM
Great, looking forward to the IC. For an interesting twisted suggestion. Those wanting to feed off from the forest would have to give something back, and by chance the greatest amounts of energy could be found from sexual pleasures. >:D ~hint hint~
fertility rites

WindVoyager

I like the idea of fertility rites and rituals being preformed in a sacred grove of oak trees. After all if you live in the Homelands you need to give back some how

Ironwolf85

the Dezza character I have been creating is sort of an unwilling fertility vessel and tribal leader. I wanted to play on a few jokes.