JessicaHouse and Turtledove Talk

Started by JessicaHouse, August 19, 2019, 12:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaHouse

This thread is specifically to continue the conversation about a potential RP between Turtledove and JessicaHouse.

Turtledove, so, if I understand you correctly, you were interested in doing an RP with my vampire character. You were fine with playing a female character, and being a submissive damsel type. Did you want me to play a male or female version of the vampire character?

To refresh your memory of what they look like (which gives away some of the personality):

Male Vampire:
Female Vampire:

I would also be interested in doing an RP with you using the male version of my Lucifer character (who is a supremely powerful sorcerer in this version rather than a fallen angel or the Devil). What sort of character would you be interested in playing who interacts with Lucifer?
Male Lucifer:

TurtleDove

I am interested in the male vampire. I plan on my character being petite and womanly I like the idea of her partner being much larger and more domineering than she is I feel like it would feed into the helplessness of the character. Is this a very old vampire in the modern world or are we in like the 18th century or something similar to that I like to take all that into consideration when I create many characters.

Bar is a loose barrel play what is his personality like is he more leaning towards good or bad does he have a sense of humor is he hey see competitive I like the idea of an office at the Chestnut Hill sort of like a patent mutual bending of morals as in he brings out the worst in her and she brings out the best in him or vice versa and how would you like them to meet. What is the time period.

JessicaHouse

I'm not sure I fully understand all of your questions. I'm still kind of feeling out the vampire character, but I imagine he is quite serious, for the most part. If he has a sense of humor, it is a dark one. Good or bad may be a bit too solid for this character at this time. I'd say he leans toward lordly. When he is good, it is because of a protective nature in him. When he is bad, it is because he understands himself as entitled to certain things and certain degrees of respect. I very much imagine him as an aristocrat.

As for time period, I'm thinking the Victorian Era, but in a small country in Eastern Europe. By this point in time, most of the nobility in the Western world is losing political power, and are starting to be forgotten. Only in old-fashioned places in Europe do we have nobles who still maintain their power, though it's hardly political anymore so much as it's tribute and respect that they demand. And why should he not demand respect? For centuries he has defended the people under his charge from Russian invaders, Viking raiders, and the Turkish Empire. All he asks in return are the rights to feed and to bed any unmarried person he chooses.

As for the dynamic between them, I'm thinking we'll have to come up with that as we go.

One thought I'm having, they could meet when he comes to her town or village in the night to claim her.

TurtleDove

So sorry I forgot to edit my My talk to text basically the first paragraph was pertaining to the vampire will play the second was regarding the Lucifer one. This is what it was supposed to say lol:

Far as the Lucifer roleplay what is his personality like;is he more leaning towards good or bad? Does he have a sense of humor? Is he competitive? I like the idea of an opposites attract- sort of like a mutual bending of morals as in he brings out the worst in her and she brings out the best in him or vice versa. When does this take place and how would you like them to meet.

I think that’s a great idea for their meeting In the vampire RP should be she be running away from home to avoid him perhaps to meet a lover or something and he  steps in to whisk her away to his castle or something?

How do I insert an image? It’s been so long 😸

JessicaHouse

Ah. I follow now.

As for Lucifer, he/she is absolutely arrogant, and is generally leaning in the direction of his/her own selfish gain. Whether good or bad, he/she is seeking self first. If we want Lucifer as an eventual antagonist in the vampire RP, then he/she will definitely lean toward evil, but may pretend to be otherwise, depending on the circumstances. His/her sense of humor is constantly at the expense of others, and is extremely cocky. He's only competitive with beings he considers to be competition, which means he's mostly just competitive with archangels, demon lords, gods, and God Himself. I could totally see a situation where he's bringing out the worst in her and she the best in him. I like that. Would you prefer a male Lucifer? Could a love triangle of sorts be interesting?

As for your response regarding the vampire, yes, that's absolutely what I was thinking.

For inserting an image, when you make a post there is an icon under the one for making text bold. Click it. When you click it you should see two sets of parentheses with "img" in the middle. Between the two sets of parentheses, post the link to the URL or web address of the picture you wish to post. I'm not sure non-approved people can do this.

TurtleDove

Yeah that sounds perfect and I’d totally be down for the love triangle idea for Lucifer. I prefer mxf but I’d be cool trying something else if that suits you better.

This is so cool. I’m so glad I was able to hit it off with you so quickly. It seems like our rp preferences are pretty on par I can’t wait to start. I figured that’s how images work. I must not be able to do that yet, so instead I’ll just give you a brief bio and description:

Name: “Evie” (pronounced E-V) Evangeline Lockley
Description: Beautiful with delicate features. Petite, with soft womanly curves.Long golden-brown ringlets falling to her waist, ivory-skinned with rosy cheeks and lovely blue-green eyes. She has a natural beauty and elegance that surpasses the need for makeup and embellishments and countenance that would suggest old nobility, and dresses flatteringly tho modestly. She is the embodiment of beauty and sweet innocence.
Personality: Fearful, loving, faithful, endearingly sweet.
Bio: Her family stems from old nobility, though very distantly. By the time she was born most of the family riches had been squandered and her ancestral family home- though still displaying some of its former beauty lay in general disrepair. Her fathers only true asset is his daughters extraordinary beauty. What little money they do have is spent on food and embellishing Evie and her education through her governess , who is very much the talk of the town and to be given away to the highest bidder. Despite being under her fathers watchful eye and courting, Evie has fallen in love with Daniel the butchers son who is a few years her senior. They have a tumoltuous secret romance as Daniel saves all of his earnings so they can run away and start a new life elsewhere.

(Usually my bios are more detailed, but I made this one up on a whim. I was thinking she could be used for the vampire but if you think she would be better suited for Lucifer?)

JessicaHouse

I like your character. :) I must say, though, please boost her age up to 18 at least. That would make me a little more comfortable. I know, the times were different and all that, but 18 makes me more comfortable.

Anyway, she works quite well for the vampire, but she could work with Lucifer too. I'll post bios for now, and as the story progresses we shall see how this all develops.

Name: Lord Alexander (Ander) Vance
Description: Handsome, though also harsh-featured. Pale, but not sickly. He carries himself with great authority, a hint of malice, and an understanding that he is far more physically imposing than any men he comes across.
Bio: Lord Alexander Vance (known simply as "Ander" to his few friends, all of whom are now dead) is the lord of the region of Tikanys, which is a forgotten nation in Eastern Europe. When he was a young man, his father was killed in battle against invading Turks. Terrified that he would not be able to stand up against their might, he sold his soul to a powerful sorcerer whose name he never learned in exchange for the power he'd need to defend his people. Thus, Lord Vance became a vampire, and has protected the people of Tikanys for centuries. For his unholy act, the whole region was excommunicated by the Church, and the people there have come to live in fear of Lord Vance. These days, he mostly secludes himself in his castle, allowing the peasantry to govern themselves, and only emerging either to take what he wants or to defend them against invaders. As far as he's concerned, his suffering has earned him the right to take as he wishes, and the peasantry ought to be happy he hasn't decided to take far more.

Name: Lucifer
Description: The most beautiful of all men who ever lived. Lucifer has stolen beauty from men and women over the years to protect his own vanity. He is somewhat androgynous, often causing even those not attracted to men to desire him.
Bio: Lucifer has been known by many names over the centuries; Nimrod, Gilgamesh, Sikander, Seti, Ramses, Icarus, and many others. He is a sorcerer whose power is greater than anything any human being has ever achieved before. Moreover, even angels and demons have been forced into his service over his time on Earth. Back when he was still known as Nimrod, and the title of Lucifer was just something his closest confidants called him, he enslaved the whole world and forced them to build for him a tower that would reach up into the Heavens and allow him to wage war against God Himself. As the story goes, disaster struck his builders in the form of a curse forcing them to speak different languages. The tower collapsed, and Lucifer was cast back down to the Earth. Since then, he has tried again and again, under different aliases, to rise up and take control of the world or of Heaven. Despite his incredible power, he has failed over and over. He is always watching for a new opportunity to renew his plans, certain that if he keeps trying he will eventually be successful.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; that made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"

Isaiah 14:12-17

Alright. Shall we start a new thread? Also, if you have an image for Evie, please post the picture's address as a link and I can open it that way. I much prefer images for this sort of thing.

TurtleDove

I love yours too, I love dark flawed characters they make everything so much more fun and interesting.

That is evangeline. I think I did it right. And yes, I’m ready to start!

JessicaHouse

Wow! Evangeline is quite pretty. Any chance you could start us off, since Lord Alexander Vance is coming to kidnap her and all? When you post it, please provide a link to the new thread, and please post that link with your posts as Evangeline as a visual aid. Visual aids are helpful. I will have to be off for the rest of the day, but I will respond in the morning and we may continue in earnest at that time. Thank you. This RP seems like it will be quite interesting.

TurtleDove

I know, I got so lucky. I was googling random things for like an hour before I stumbled on her by accident. Yes, I have an idea in mind, hopefully I’ll have it up in about an hour. Just working with my phone right now but I’ll be getting a laptop soon. I

JessicaHouse