News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Cutie Marks- Yes or No?

Started by VioletPanda, February 22, 2016, 01:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

So, I've recently hopped onto the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and it got my thinking- what's everyone's take on cutie marks?

On one hand, I've struggled with my college degree and  finding what I wanted to do. It seems like it'd be great to finally know without a doubt. To know what I am best at and what would make me happy.

But just like one of the episodes where the Crusaders were having a hard time...being blank means you can explore who you are and there are still so many hobbies and stuff I want to do.

What do you guys think? Cutie mark, or blank forever if you had the choice, and why?
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Dhi

I remember reading something to the nature of this: If you don't specialize, you'll squander all of your potential. And I agree with that, except potential is kind of a flawed idea, the only finite magical reservoir we have deciding our skills is time. You should not worry about running out of time until you're dead. Plenty of people develop truly amazing skills late in life. Learning and changing is a universal human experience.

No Cutie Mark for me, I'm a sand mandala kind of girl.

Inkidu

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

Hopefully we're all going to do a lot of things in our lives; be a lot of different things to different people. Some of it we'll love, most of it we'll probably hate. You don't need some kind of definitive mark even if you are working toward a singular dream or goal. If any of us are doing halfway decent I think we'll get that and then some more in the bargin.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.