the collector

Started by xxmagiquexx, August 21, 2012, 02:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxmagiquexx

Demaris stared at the blood stained hammer, her hand trembling as she looked at the trails that dripped from the tip of the mallet drown her forearm and dripping off the end of her tiny pointy elbow. Her pupils were large as she looked to the mangled pile of meat and bone, there was hardly any way to know what this creature was before she'd made it into this disgusting ravaged mess. Still, as horrified as she was, her only thought was that this could be her first meal in days. She dropped the hammer with a loud clang and she winced at the sound. She looked around the cabin she stood in, a fireplace lit in front of her, and a set of wine glasses half filled on the table, along with 2 plates of steak and mashed potatoes. Her heart skipped a beat and she launched herself upon the plates, hardly caring that she was ripping into it with her teeth and blood stained hands.
She had no idea how she'd gotten here, but that was far more typical than she liked to believe. That was the problem with having 50 some odd people in her head. As she downed the food, she licked the blood from her finger tips and her eyes flashed red. She hardly took time to digest the food before she looked to the glasses of wine that only translated to her as being a pretty red liquid and immediately she downed both of them, ignoring the nearly immediate dizzying reaction it caused. Still, her hunger was not sated, and she looked around the cabin for the kitchen, sifting through the drawers and cabinets for anything to devour.
Finding nothing, she sulked as she made her way back to the living room and she fell to her knees in front of the bodies. She reached her hands into the mess, ripping the meat from the bones. It was rather obvious that these were two humans, but she denied the fact. Once the bodies were picked, all that remained were organs and bone. She moved closer to the fire and curled up in front of the flames and quickly fell asleep, unsure of who she would be the next day. Her fear overtook her as she slipped away.

Lili awoke groggily the next morning. She hardly wanted to move and even the small bits of light that bled into the room seemed to make her head hurt. She examined her surroundings, noting a fireplace that had clearly burned out in the night, judging by the heat the embers still gave off. The room reeked of death and rot and as she took in a deep breath she felt her chest swell with a vile backlash against the smell. She managed to choke back her sickness as she realized that it was, once again, time for her to clean up after their messes. She forced herself to her feet and took in the dizzying sight of the two picked clean bodies and this time she couldn't help but lose her stomach over it.
After managing to pull herself together, she sought out cleaning supplies and she proceeded to wipe everything clean and erase nearly every hint of the horrors that had taken place the night before, leaving the whole cabin to smell like bleach and various other substances.
At the end of the day, once she'd finally managed to erase her existence once again, she salted the bodies and put them upon a pire so that they could lay to rest and, as she lit the fire, she slowly walked away.
As she walked, Lili pulled out a diary and she started to talk to it. The book glowed as she wrote and each word she spoke began to scribe itself into the book. "Day 722: I awoke this morning to yet another mess of theirs that I was forced to clean up. I can't continue life this way...they'll undoubtedly find me some day, until then I run...By my analyses of this, I can assume that, while it was clearly Rose that...murdered those poor souls, it was the child that...consumed them..." and Lili forced back her stomach once again and she looked ahead to the edge of a town. She decided she would finish this entry at a more convenient time and she made her way towards a tavern for something to force down her throat.
I see darkness in his eyes
And I cannot resist his cries
But every night he dies
Because I'm not where he lies

Naught

[size=10]There was a calm in the morning air, dew danced down the leaves of plants and trees as the sun shimmered brightly peaking the horizon kissing the land with its presence once more. Finally the shadowy silhouette appeared looming from the branch of a tree. His figure was athletic as he ran a hand through his hair allowing a small sigh to exit his lips. How long had he been searching for his target, years it felt like but he wouldn't stop. He had to find her- it. He allowed a disgruntled yawn from his lips as he dropped from the tree to the earth below his eyes opening slowly once more before he finally removed his rain cloak from his body. It was obvious he was some sort of assassin due to the way he was dressed tight clothes for easy maneuvering that were dark to blend with his surroundings, short hair, empty eyes the whole shebang. His arms crossed over his chest as he stood in the yard of some cabin. It reeked of sorrow- and cleaning supplies.

"Damnit, I just missed her it would seem." He muttered in a cold voice, his head turning slightly as he grit his teeth.

How could one person be so difficult to catch? He had read her file, or what there was of one nothing serious and then one day, the order to apprehend said target but not to execute. Something eerie reeked from the whole thing but he was simply following orders. He wasn't about to be canned for disobeying. Unfortunately for them being 'canned' meant they took out out back and put a bullet in your skull. A small chuckle exited his lips as the though crossed his mind 'You'd think they'd just put you through some sort of program to rehabilitate those who killed for a living.[/color] after all he was just a ghost. he shook his head of thoughts, this was no time to dabble. Quickly he gathered himself and made way for the closest town. Just like anyone else would. Of course perhaps he was dealing with an actually professional, perhaps she was actually another assassin he had to bring in for questioning. He would never know.
"The keys to the castle
Are right where I left them
The princess walked in just to
take more attention."
Ons an Offs

xxmagiquexx

Lili's eyes glowed blue as she came upon a tavern and she made her way to the bar. She never would drink alcohol, she felt it would only slow her incredibly fast thought processes, but her hopes never managed to stop the others from doing so. In the light of the tavern, one could finally see her short white hair with blue tips that matched her eyes. She realized at that moment that she'd never changed from her blood soaked garbs, but everyone here seemed too inebriated to notice or care. Well, most everyone. The bartender seemed rather curious and even slightly perturbed by her appearance, so they spoke for the rest of the night. Lili was rather impressed by his wit, he could almost keep up with her. As the night ended, she looked him over then handed him her sword. "I won't remember you in the morning...if I seem docile or happy, return it to me...but if I....attack, use it against me."

As the morning began, Aimee awoke and looked to her surroundings, taking in a deep sigh of relief as she noted that she was asleep in a tavern room and that there were in fact no dead bodies around her. She sat up and looked to her bag, pulling out the diary Lili had written in the night before, but Aimee was only looking for a signature. 'Lili' she noted and she again took a deep sigh as she pulled out a red cloak and a change of clothes. She looked to her image in the mirror, her eyes and tips had both turned red. She wore a red tank top and tight blue jeans, with a red cloak over them.
Once fully ready, she made her way down the stairs and to the bar. She pulled out the quill and proceeded to write an entry for the day, using her hand rather than the levitation and speech spell used before. The man behind the bar walked up with a drink for her, his accent thick and southern, "are y'alright, Ms. Lili? You definitely look just as different as ya said ya would..." And Aimee looked up from her book, rather confused before she nodded instinctually. The bartender smirked then responded, "you have no idea who I am, huh?" And, being unable to lie, Aimee nodded. "That's alright," he responded, "you told me that'd be the case. Here, I held on to somethin' for ya, y'all won't try to kill me, right?" And Aimee nodded, responding in quiet tones, "no..." and he handed her a sword. "Y'all had me hold onto it last night..." and Aimee quietly responded with a "thank you..." and not another word was spoken between them.
Aimee wondered, considering how nice he was to her, if she could stay in one place for once, but she knew better. She would have to run by nightfall, else risk the lives of everyone here, including the kind nameless bartender. There would always be something chasing her and something worse inside her. She couldn't bare to risk so many innocent lives.
But every night he dies

Naught

This city made his stomach churn. Of course many people stared at him and his equipment; Short sword on his hip, daggers within a holster lining his chest and other odds and ends. He nearly shook his head and continued to walk as his eyes darted from building to building, nothing had the stench of death had he been eluded once more? No that couldn't be it perhaps she was aware that he was onto her which caused a scowl to form across his face before his eyes narrowed upon a tavern before him the scowl turning to a smirk as he ran his hand through his white hair once more. "Found you." He muttered softly before he made his way toward the tavern. Stopping just outside the door before rolling his shoulders and opening the door slowly.

---

A quaint town bustled with busy people as night was quickly approaching. There were rumors of war on the verge of outbreak which always caused panic. A lone child stood in the streets his clothing consisted of rags and dirt as he walked aimlessly through the streets rubbing one eye 'mommy? where are you mommy.' he spoke in a shy voice as people averted their gazes or ignored the child. Everyone knew what had happened. A woman was raped and left with a child of which she abandoned and left for the streets to have. The only person who was unaware of this was the child himself. This didn't stop him from searching, every day he wandered asking new faces if they had seen his mother.

Finally a guard kicked the child to the ground, cursing his cowardly mother for abandoning him and grabbed the child by his shirt collar dragging him toward an ally way throwing him into it and snarling 'stay in the trash where you belo-' The guard was cut short as he slumped against the wall, sliding down leaving a trail of blood, a woman stood behind the guard now shaking her head 'that's no way to treat a child. Come here young one I'll be your mother.' She smiled and picked him up running a hand through his hair. 'I'll take care of you.'

---

The door opened as the male entered in time to see the scene before him. A woman being handed a branded weapon, her attire was interesting and she seemed rather confused. His smile grew wider as he shook his head drawing his short sword from his side before pointing it at the bartender "Step back bartender. This woman is dangerous and is in need of being apprehended."[/color] He smiled and tilted his head with enough force to cause it to pop "I would hate to have to ruin this nice building, so if you would kindly come with me. I'll take you where you belong madem."[/color]
"The keys to the castle
take more attention."
Ons an Offs

xxmagiquexx

Aimee was taken aback by the person in front of her, but her hand clenched the sheath tightly. "I won't let you hurt these people..." she said, hesitantly, but she felt almost frozen in place. Fear overwhelmed her, she hated fighting in all forms. She could hear screams of rage and excitement growing in her head at the challenge this man provided, but she wanted so badly to hold them back. "Why would you want to do this...?" The room was teeming with energy, her inner demons trying to rip through the surface and destroy him, but she held strong. Her knuckles were white with how tight she was gripping her sheath by that point and she willed her body to move closer.

She sat silently in the darkest corner of the tower she could think of. That was where her daddy told her to go. She remembered the scene, the slavers had broken down the doors to their parcel. She, along with many other large gypsy families, lived on this piece of land happily, easily, until they came. She could see everything from where she was, the sole survivor of her village of nearly 20 other families, at least 100 people, a good majority of which were the children of her generation. Her heart sunk as she looked to the fires below and tears fell from her eyes for wishing that she could save them all. Then, everything went black. When she awoke, the attackers were all slaughtered and mangled beyond all belief. She did all she could to start screaming in fear

As Aimee continued her inner conflict, the man walked out from behind the door and eyed him, "boy, why are ya makin' trouble in my bar? The little lady has been here a night, she wasn't makin' no trouble. Now, I'm gonna have to ask ya to be gettin' on your--" he stopped mid sentence as he was flung by a wave of energy to the back wall. While the impact was painful, he was alive. Her eyes and hair slowly turned from bright red to a more crimson. The red hood and cloak fell and the person below was actually rather pretty for being homicidal. Tan skin, a few scars here and there but still smooth. She grinned a rather toothy grin and approached the man she viewed as a challenger, her thumb pushing her sword out of it's sheath ever so slightly. "Play...?" She said in a low gutteral voice.
But every night he dies

Naught

The assassin shook his head as the wave a energy merely flowed around his body, a small sigh exiting his lips as he stabbed his sword into the ground. Looking at the woman whom of which had the change of appearance, this was indeed the target he was looking for and here she was thinking she was so special. He merely shrugged and ran a hand through his hair once more before closing his emerald green eyes. He didn't want to harm the woman but she wasn't going to just hand herself over- after all no one ever did. His eyes opened slowly a ruby red ring had formed within his iris, contrasting the emerald as he allowed a moment of pause and an exhale. Everything felt like slow motion to him, every test, every needle. The ringing sound in his ears began to overwhelm him as he let out a roar of anger looking to the ceiling of the bar as his skin began to ripple.

"You want blood? Is that what you want? He lifted his hand and pointed at her with challenging eyes "Come and get it sweet heart!" With a glow of crimson the males hand began to ripple as blood began to erupt from veins and wrap around his arm and move into his hands beginning to take form. A chuckle left his lips as he gripped the blood, it erupting and forming into a crystal like substance, that in the shape of a scythe. A deep exhale exiting the males now pale lips. His head cocking sideways some as a devilish grin extended across his cheeks. Before long it would seem like he was just as crazy.

---

'You don't have a name?' the woman spoke softly as she brushed her fingers across his dirt ridden cheeks and smiled 'Don't worry I have one for you. I shall call you Naught.' She spoke with a large smile as they made their way toward the large building. Everything seemed alright for the lad- or so he had thought.

Years of his life had gone by as he was forced to fight older men, tested countless hours. Had his blood forcefully drawn with blades. Until of course- he learned he was turned into a monster. Their dream; A blood assassin. One who need no weapons. The magicks within him were strong now. He wasn't the child he used to be. All of that was clear, the day he was forced to slay the woman who had brought him in. She begged and pleaded for him to stop- that didn't stop him. He was simply-

---

"Following orders." He muttered under his breath as he waited for his target to make her move. His eyes narrowing as he seemed to look right through her.

((OOC: Hehe ^_^ Naught is my favorite character I've ever rolled so I figured I would throw him into this.))
"The keys to the castle
take more attention."
Ons an Offs

xxmagiquexx

(It's been a long time since I got to play this character, so I'm pretty excited too! I'll have a basic pic for you soon, I hope...the only thing that really changes during her switches are her eyes and hair.)

Rose's eyes turned to slits as she examined the mans preparation for the fight, finding herself rather impressed with his use of blood magic and choice of weapon. This already looked like fun, but the others had told her she wasn't allowed to kill him. Still, she didn't mind too much because killing her prey only ever meant she had to find new ones. "Blood? Fun..." she smirked, and without a second thought, her blade was drawn. She stood in front of him holding a black katana towards him, the tsuba was gold and shaped like a binding circle, but it had jagged edges designed specifically to catch and hold a blade. She held the sheath in a defensive position, its black and gold artwork seemed to glow as her power ran through it. Without a second thought, she flipped the blade in her hand so that it was facing backwards and she took off, running towards him. Her shoulder slammed his as she made her way past him and into the streets, running her blade against him as she passed. She looked back to him almost playfully as she leapt up and landed on top of the bar.

"This will help you to keep their souls at bay..." the older man said as he handed over his hand forged creation, a black and gold sword, a powerful artifact meant only to be used by or against her, imbued with a link to the souls she'd attained that night. A sad smile spread across her cheeks and her long dark hair fell in front of her dark eyes long enough for her to shed a few tears. "Your life will no longer be your own, dear child, I hope you understand that..." and she nodded as she turned up to face the man before her and she wiped away her tears as both their hands touched the tsuba and he began to chant. After a couple iterations, she joined in and the sword began to glow.
But every night he dies

Naught

The assassin seemed to yawn as she charged him, how long had it been since he had a fight worth while? Usually it was someone- a nobody who had pissed the wrong people off and needed to be nipped in the bud, but this was beyond that and he was starting to figure out why this woman was such a vital target to be captured. Needless to say he quickly snapped back into reality as her shoulder slammed into his the jagged blade running across his left bicep causing a slight sting to erupt over his arm. He gripped his scythe and spun himself around watching her escape into the streets and onto the roof of the building. Is this how things were going to be? He quickly let out a blood thirsty roar as he kicked the swinging door off its hinges and into the building across the street. She had pissed him off to much and smirked. Moving across the bar and staring down at the unconscious bartender. He was taught the only way to get through someone who was beyond reason was to strike them where it hurt. With that he spun his scythe and placed the blade edge on the ground standing on it before chuckling some. This would make things interesting and with that, he moved his legs and kicked the hilt sending the curved blade into the midsection of the bartender.

His scream echoed out of the bar as he lifted his scythe balancing the long handle on his shoulders and the man on the blade he made his way into the street before stopping in the center, blood trailed down his clothes as he looked to the roof before spinning his body, the inertia causing the man to fly off and land on the ground. "The more you resist the more people around you will die. Just remember this, regardless of who you are. I'll know what to do."[/b] He cackled slightly before the red scythe erupted into a crystallized dust as a glyph formed at his feet with a crimson glow and a crackle of energy the assassin was gone. Leaving only the bartender bleeding profusely in the street.

'I'm in over my head now.   
"The keys to the castle
take more attention."
Ons an Offs