Looking to start a WoD Vampire: The Masquerade game.

Started by Vampyre Valkyrie, July 21, 2013, 10:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmony

I'm interested and my favorite character is always a bratty Brujah.. Look forward !

Vampyre Valkyrie

Alright lovelies....I've yet to get it typed up, but I've decided my ruiling on sheets.

We will be using basic character creation from the table top game. I will be giving out extra points due to backgrounds and such.

No out of clans to start with unless approved by me

The gen cap is 9 (that doesn't mean that every sheet I get should be 9th gen)

I'm going to want a background typed up with a picture (a real photo, not a drawing...and as I said before NO NUDITY)

The sheets will be for myself and the co-gm, the background sheets (those will be typed up soon) will be for the rest of the players. I see no reason in everyone knowing what everyone else can do. I also don't see there being much combat, but when there is, we will have actual sheets to use.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

I'm willing to listen to any concepts you guys have. If they are good enough, I MIGHT be willing to bend the rules. But you have to present me with a good background, and reasons why about things.
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Kolbrandr

Ah, hokay, not really the sort of thing I had in mind then (I'd feel weird at being 9th and being any kind of older than, say, the late 17th-18th century, simply as personal taste/preference, and I was hoping to create something older than that in concept), going to withdraw, thanks anyway though. I do wish you luck with the game regardless, and it looks to have a strong amount of interest all the same for you to work with.

RubySlippers

There is an option you could have been entombed involuntarily for a long time and released, so your age is old but time as a vampire is not.

Anyway I'll work on my background she likely was in a Hammer Film movie as a vampire (as a mortal actress) and just kind of lost it a tad when embraced as she left Woodstock. Damned she should never have did that Acid.  :D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 27, 2013, 09:28:16 AM
There is an option you could have been entombed involuntarily for a long time and released, so your age is old but time as a vampire is not.

Anyway I'll work on my background she likely was in a Hammer Film movie as a vampire (as a mortal actress) and just kind of lost it a tad when embraced as she left Woodstock. Damned she should never have did that Acid.  :D

I like it, and thanks...I didn't think about the entombed option.

|

CarnivorousBunny

I think I'll drop out of this game.  I'm just really lost with all these terms and things, and I don't have the time to be playing catch up.  It does look really interesting, and I'll probably follow the game.

I wish you guys the best of luck! :)
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Sorry to see you go. If you find yourself wanting to play later, just pm me. I'm more then willing to answer any questions, and have access to any books you may need.

|

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

RubySlippers

Well did the GM rule out playing a ghoul, they are almost like mortal humans and would be a way to work into being a vampire once you learn more about the game. Just an idea for those not sure of the game but want to play.

Thesunmaid

They might be human servants but vamps should keep in mind...they can walk around in the day time...you can't so play safe.

snickers.

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Finite True

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 27, 2013, 01:18:09 PM
Well did the GM rule out playing a ghoul, they are almost like mortal humans and would be a way to work into being a vampire once you learn more about the game. Just an idea for those not sure of the game but want to play.
I did actually....I want the clans flushed out before I let gouls in.

Quote from: Finite True on July 27, 2013, 01:29:56 PM
Let me know if you need a Malkavian.
Hey, if you want to join, write one up :) Worst I can do is say no to something (and it's typically something that can be worked around.)

|

Finite True

Quote from: Vampyre Valkyrie on July 27, 2013, 01:35:35 PM
Hey, if you want to join, write one up :) Worst I can do is say no to something (and it's typically something that can be worked around.)

I'll shoot you a PM soon and we'll see what you think! :3

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

AndyZ

Did we decide whether to go with 20A or Revised yet?

Searching for a new picture still.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Harmony

so just wanting to be clear on the actual sheet to use would it be like
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/VtM/Vampire_V20-Playtest_1-Page_Editable.pdf

filled out as an attachment to you along with a picture and history. Or did you have a different type sheet in mind?

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Harmony on July 27, 2013, 02:42:30 PM
so just wanting to be clear on the actual sheet to use would it be like
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/VtM/Vampire_V20-Playtest_1-Page_Editable.pdf

filled out as an attachment to you along with a picture and history. Or did you have a different type sheet in mind?
I like that sheet for the ones people have to turn into me :) Thanks...I was worried I'd have to type that sucker out. As for your background sheet....I'll get that up soon. My son came down with a temp about an hour ago and I didn't know because he was sleeping.

|

Harmony

Aww well take care of your son of course that is the most important thing in this world, our children. I will fill out my sheet and when you are ready with the other then I will do it, no rush I ain't going anywhere.

AndyZ

Also, how would you feel about stuff from the Malk book?  I'd love to get some Malkavian Time and the Infectious flaw (where your victims get a derangement for a week if you feed too much from them).
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AndyZ on July 27, 2013, 08:06:51 PM
Also, how would you feel about stuff from the Malk book?  I'd love to get some Malkavian Time and the Infectious flaw (where your victims get a derangement for a week if you feed too much from them).
I'll need to get the Malk book, but maybe :D Let me read over them :P

|

Athos

Hey Vamprye Valkyrie so I decided to work on reviving one of my old characters, a Ventrue. I'll be PM'ing you with his proposed character sheet and background so you can have a look. Let me know what you think and/or if I need to make any changes. Thanks!

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Athos on July 27, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Hey Vamprye Valkyrie so I decided to work on reviving one of my old characters, a Ventrue. I'll be PM'ing you with his proposed character sheet and background so you can have a look. Let me know what you think and/or if I need to make any changes. Thanks!
*Squee* VENTRUE! Huzzah....I have NPC's for you to meet for sure :) I'll check the sheet out in the morning

|

GhettoMagick

holy poo I was just looking up tremere's abilities! is there anything they can't do?! Frightening
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Imogen

Quote from: GhettoMagick on July 28, 2013, 04:59:27 AM
holy poo I was just looking up tremere's abilities! is there anything they can't do?! Frightening

Thaumaturgy is insanely powerful in theory. In practice, it's not so bad. For one, studying the paths and rituals take time so the apprentice will have some important decisions to make. Secondly, not every path and ritual is available to every apprentice. Here the clan flaw comes into play. Tremere have a strict hierarchy, and those in power will want to keep those beneath them ...well, beneath them. Higher level rituals and paths aren't just up for grabs in the Chantry library but are kept behind lock and key. The apprentice will have to convince their elders they are worthy of learning those advanced goodies, and often it takes more than worthiness, but a good amount of 'usefulness' to the warlock in question.

It's common practice that an apprentice starts with the path of blood and branches out from there. That doesn't mean Gm's don't allow other paths as a primary path but that is more exception than rule. Most of the rituals and paths are rarely used by player characters unless the GM allows elders. Then there is the matter of exp in system games: building thaumaturgy is relatively expensive in experience expenditure meaning it takes a long time to build a powerful Tremere character.

So yeah, thaumarturgy can do pretty much everything... but in practice it just means you have a bit more choice and refinement in your disciplines. In system games that is. In freeform, thaumaturgy (together with dementation and chimerstry) are the main causes for GM migraines ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Vampyre Valkyrie

My ruling on Thaum is you only get one path to start off with, and it doesn't nessisarily have to be blood. I'd like whatever path it is to be run by me though.

Thaum being so cracktastic is one of the main reasons Tremere (even though a main Camerilla clan) was capped. While I understand the idea of playing a magic weilding vampire is just hot, I personally want to not have my hair ripped out by the end of the first week.

|