The Haunted House - Still recruiting.

Started by Chrystal, October 03, 2015, 08:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

AN IMPORTANT POINT:

The characters are spending the night in a house with no electricity, no heating, no water, no food.

And OH yes, it's the 31st of October! Okay so may be in Texas and Los Angeles it's still blisteringly hot in October, but in more Northerly climbs it's actually pretty cold at night at this time of year.

Please give some thought as to what items you want your character to bring.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Izaya Orihara

Could I do a male character that looks quite feminine, yet still considers himself male?
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Beguile's Mistress

Working on a character now.

Chrystal

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on October 04, 2015, 08:46:39 AM
Could I do a male character that looks quite feminine, yet still considers himself male?

Sure, Androgyny is definitely allowable.

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 04, 2015, 09:27:59 AM
Working on a character now.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing her.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RedEve

I really like your character, Nympha! :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

WhatLiesAbove

I'm still interested. Will have a CS up by Monday hopefully.

Woes of being a new hospital employee.

Chrystal

Quote from: RedEve on October 04, 2015, 10:27:03 AM

I'm willing to bet that Pru has a crush on Caitlyn...

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 04, 2015, 10:39:05 AM
I'm still interested. Will have a CS up by Monday hopefully.

Woes of being a new hospital employee.

Yay, looking forward to it.

Hmmm.... A new employee of a hospital or an employee of a new hospital? Not that it makes much difference I suppose.

Nymphadora

Quote from: RedEve on October 04, 2015, 10:27:03 AM

Thanks! Right back at ya!

Quote from: Chrystal on October 04, 2015, 10:47:44 AM
I'm willing to bet that Pru has a crush on Caitlyn...

O:) I am not going to give away some of what I imagine Prue will do in Caitlyn's presence. hehe
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Chrystal

*EVIL SMIRK*

I love the way all the characters so far have brought a phone with them.

I have absolutely no issue with this. Please feel free to have your phones with you.

*cackles*

LaCroix

Hah! I knew I was forgetting something. Alan is the only one so far without a cellphone on him.

..Yay me? *chuckles*
Mickey Mouse's birthday being announced on the television news as if it were an actual event! I don't give a shit! If I cared about Mickey Mouse's birthday I would have memorized it years ago! And I'd send him a card, 'Dear Mickey, Happy Birthday, Love George'. I don't do that, why, don't give a shit! Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it!

Chrystal

Quote from: LaCroix on October 04, 2015, 12:09:45 PM
Hah! I knew I was forgetting something. Alan is the only one so far without a cellphone on him.

..Yay me? *chuckles*

Oops. Sorry, I totally failed to notice that! I guess he's too much of a nerd to have a cell phone? *giggle*

Beguile's Mistress

But...phones?  So many ideas with that.  So many frightening and spooky ideas. :D

LaCroix

Haha, Chrystal!

Yeah, we'll run with that, he's too much a nerd to carry a phone and totally not that his player spaced out and forgot to include one in his belongings!
Mickey Mouse's birthday being announced on the television news as if it were an actual event! I don't give a shit! If I cared about Mickey Mouse's birthday I would have memorized it years ago! And I'd send him a card, 'Dear Mickey, Happy Birthday, Love George'. I don't do that, why, don't give a shit! Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it!

Chrystal

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 04, 2015, 12:33:21 PM
But...phones?  So many ideas with that.  So many frightening and spooky ideas. :D

Exactly! This is why I have no problem with people having them.

Oh, by the way, if people want to drop out of the game and actually post that they leave the house, they can... up until midnight. After that... well, there could be a problem!

Oh and, anyone who survives until dawn will be awarded a signature button saying "I survived Chrystal's Haunted House"! I would do tee shirts but a) I can't afford it and b) I'd have to ship them all over the world.

Quote from: LaCroix on October 04, 2015, 12:39:16 PM
Haha, Chrystal!

Yeah, we'll run with that, he's too much a nerd to carry a phone and totally not that his player spaced out and forgot to include one in his belongings!

Anyway, he has his lucky dice!

BeckyAnnn

Crap! I forgot to book mark this.

Chrystal

Heh.

Oh hey, Becks. Guess who just sent me a character sheet?

BeckyAnnn

Is it a certain someone we both know and love?

Chrystal

Well you know this is right up her.... uh... Street, yeah, street! That's the word.

Oh By the way, everyone who is interested....

IF there is something you definitely want to happen to your character, whether it is something I've listed in the things that may happen, or whether it is something totally different, send me a PM to say "Can I have this happen to my character please?" And I will see what I can do

BeckyAnnn

I am trying to come up with a character, Chrystal, but I am lacking in inspiration at the moment.  :(

Which is weird because character creation is usually one of my favorite parts.

Bekah Boo

Great, I'm working on an character sheet now.

WhatLiesAbove

New employee at an old hospital. Oldest one in Vegas!

Chrystal

So, it's looking like this might be a hit! Of course that all depends on how many players "chicken out" when I actually start things off.

Those I've PMed back asking you to change something, please don't take it personally, I am just trying to get the right feel for the game.

In case you're wondering, by the way, there will be no system as such (this info will be at the start of the OOC thread when I open it, so don't panic if you loose track of this post), just your evil GM being evil.

Basically, I will post first, describe the first room everyone enters. Certain items and places in that description will be highlighted in red and probably underlined too for good measure.

When your character touches a highlighted item or enters a highlighted area, I ask you to stop your post at that point and either wait for a GM post, or give me a nudge if one is not forthcoming!

NOTE: if stopping your post at that point will result in a short post then that's fine, however if you would rather not post short, then you can send me a PM before you post saying, "My character is going to do this, what happens?"

But if you do that and change your mind, then your evil GM will probably have the event happen to your character anyway!

My own character will be appearing fairly soon!

Chreestafer

Definitely interested in this one.  I've yet to see anyone say they claimed the jock, mind if I play the highschool hockey player?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chrystal

Go for it.

And as I pointed out to BeckyAnnn with the geeks, there is no reason we can't have more than one jock.

After all, he'd look pretty silly out there on the ice all by himself!

Chrystal

Ah... yes. I have managed to approve all character sheets sent to me so far. (one still needs a slight adjustment but is approved pending that.

I have even managed to approve my own!

And  I seriously cannot believe how unprepared for this most of the characters are! *snigger*

If anyone wishes to add anything to their equipment list, you have until I open the OOC thread to PM me and tell me what you want added!