Corruption of Champions! A FAE/F:C/d20PF Request

Started by VonDoom, April 01, 2015, 04:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SloppyJoe

I did a quick edit, but I'm going to try pushing it a bit farther.
Some people simply can't handle the heat, me? I like to
play with fire. So what if I get burned, it's just another
scar to add to the collection.

Videospirit

Alex Stout
Name
Alex Stout

Build
Thick

Height
5'11

Skin Tone
Light

Hair Color
Blonde, short

Breast Size
flat

Description:
He began this journey as a 5 foot 11 inch tall human, with a solid, thick frame and a decent amount of muscles. He was wearing comfortable clothes and using his fists as a weapon. His face was human in shape and structure, with light skin. He had a somewhat masculine, angular jawline. His short, blonde hair looked good on him, accentuating his features well.

He had a humanoid shape with the usual torso, arms, hands, and fingers. He had well-formed hips buried under a noticeable muffin-top, and his shapely ass filled out his clothing nicely. Two normal human legs grew down from his waist, ending in normal human feet.

Personality & background:

Alex was an orphan raised in a militant church where he was brought up to be a knight protector. He was the largest of the knight candidates, and had no qualms throwing his weight around to take a larger portion of the meager meals the orphanage provided. In a normal orphanage he might have been considered a problem child but in this one his love of bullying the other knight candidates was used to in the words of their arms master "Toughen the brats up". So it's little surprise that he came to take it for a given that it was okay for him to bully the weak and take anything he wanted for himself.

It only got worse when he reached puberty and suddenly found a new interest in the opposite sex. There were no women in the knight orphanage though, and so he kept trying to sneak out of the church grounds and play around in the nearby town. The priests were not of the mind to beat him into behaving, so they tried a different approach and put him into intensive study every time he tried to sneak out, listening to heroic tales of damsels in distress and romance.

Alex wasn't too clever though, and what he got out of it was that women were precious and needed to be protected. And also that saving them from danger meant they owed you and it was apparently okay to have sex as a reward. The priests probably should have screened out the bawdy tales a little better.

Still, it did serve the purpose of keeping Alex from just assaulting any woman he pleased and he managed to finish his knight training. There were a few incidents with peasant girls coming across trouble only to be "rescued" by him, but they were few and far between. It was when by some strange stroke of fate he ended up "rescuing" his kingdom's princess that he quickly found himself assigned to head into the portal to face the demons.

On/off:
On/Off

On:
Corruption. Slowly growing to lust for power, corruption, until the very heart is dyed in the colors of evil. Delicious.
Transformation, mental and physical. Transformation of bodily fluids into tastier forms, becoming sexier and sluttier. Turning into a being the requires sex to function. Transformation as a means of corruption is best. The form should not make Sex painful though. Also genderbending is great.
Mind/arousal control. Implanted fetishes and desires, spells to get the loins frothing, aphrodisiacs ... For the strong willed
Sexy Monster people (Monstergirl-esque, so all with strong human characteristics). Succubi and Omnibi, cowgirls, dragons/salamander, witches, naga, slime ...
lactation is amazing on female/futanari characters.
Cum-Addiction is fine, too.

Off:
Multiple sex organs. One extra dick is fine, a bunch of tentacles is great,  but four dicks, three breasts and five vaginas is just weird.
Extreme proportions. If the breasts are too big, they can't be played with properly. Also giant cocks are painful.
Inflation, not sexy.
Weird nipples. Fuckable nipples, cock nipples, 'lipples'. Not really my thing.
Anything that belongs in the bathroom.
Pain during intimacy.

Transformations: Kitsune and Catgirls are sexy. Butterfly wings are pretty. Succubi are sexy. Short people are like children and children are too young to be sexy. Men are not sexy, but Futas are. Being some well endowed chimera of transformations is fun too.

Permanent libido increases are fun.

The Bimbo liqueur item is fun.

Addictions are fun.

Being possessed is sexy.

If we doe FAE would be the following

High Concept: Former Knight Protector of the militant church
Trouble: Thinks with his loins
Aspect 1: Truly believes women are weak and need to be protected
Aspect 2: So gluttonous he's unstoppable when food is on the line

Forceful +3, Careful and Quick +2, Sneaky and Flashy +1, Clever +0
Refresh: 3

Stunt:
Because I am a glutton with no shame, once per game session I can always find a transformative food to eat.

VonDoom

I think you left some of my explanations in your on/off list, Videospirit. Was that on purpose because your thoughts on it match mine, or by accident?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Videospirit

I left the ones where we have exact matches alone.

SloppyJoe

I edited my character using FAE as a reference.
Some people simply can't handle the heat, me? I like to
play with fire. So what if I get burned, it's just another
scar to add to the collection.

eBadger

VonDoom

O&O

Vercile

VonDoom

FAE is really simple and easy to learn, the most involved part is rethinking how to approach the game, since players also have powerful storytelling tools at their disposal beyond what most rp systems give.  :-)

The PDF is available for free, but it's easy to talk someone through it as well.

O&O

Miroque

VonDoom, I would love to join if you have me :) *pun intended*

Dont know avout FAE, but I am known to be able to read, so its no worries.. will read it through if there is room.

Miroque

Sheet

High Concept: Acolyte of the Thrice Blessed Goddess.
Trouble: Speaking before thinking.
Other Aspects: "Good conquers all", "Goddess channels her magic through me.", "I am Pure Vessel"

Careful+1, Clever+2, Flashy+3, Forceful +1, Quick +2, Sneaky +0
Refresh: 3

Stunts:
"Pure power!" As I am vessel of the Goddess, I get +2 to Forceful, when channeling her magic against the corrupted.

Name
Acolyte Aishah Demel, of the Thrice Blessed Goddess

Build
Slender, with smallish breasts.

Height
5´2

Skin tone
Light

Hair color
Natural redhead, her hair is usually kept in ponytail, that reaches past her buttocks

Breast
B-Cup, yet they seem to be errect most of the time.

Appearance

Personality
Aishah has strong personal opinnions. She was taught to follow the doctrine of the Thrice blessed goddess to the core. And for that devotion, she was choosed as Champion againt the demonic hordes. She honors freedom and feminity, and hates opression and cruelty wiht burning passion. That has made her liked or disliked among nobles of her town, when she has voiced her mind.

Background
Aishah was born orphan and was raised in the monasteries of hte Thrice Blessed Goddess. From early on, she showd great promise on the academic studies of the clergy and that was pawed her raise among the ranks of acolytes. Despice her young age, she was choosed to accomppany an elder priestess, as her protegee, in the local court. There her social skills and keen perception earned her many perks, aswell as enemies. Nobles were not pleased to hear such oppinions from an mere acolyte, when she spoke her mind. That made her target to their less savory scheme. The Champion. Most nobles knew that when the Champion was send to the neatherworld, he or she would never come back and it was neat way to get rid of meddling heroes-to-be.

Few court nobles made arragements to have her appointed as Champion of the Kingdom. Something not even her superiors could take back, when they announced their vote.

Aishah did have no idea of that scheme, and was honored for the privilidge, to take up arms against the very forces, she had studied to fight against her whole life.

Writing Sample

Ons/Offs
I am open for anything, aslong as its storywise feasable. Story thrumps personal likes/dislikes, as isint that why we RP to beginning with? To test our limits.

VonDoom

Miroque, thank you for providing a character. I highly recommend you use spellcheck before making a post. I realize English is likely not your first language, but there are dozens of mistakes in there that can easily be avoided simply by running it through one.

As is, I tend to look at the posting tendencies of potential players as well, so players who mostly use one-liners or rarely get past a single paragraph will also need to provide a writing sample representative of what they will offer this game if they want to be seriously considered. The opening request did specify strong detailed writing.

Of course, if another person takes up this game as a GM, it's their prerogative to decide what exactly this entails, but if the game quickly devolves into a 'one-to-three lines a post' standard that I've seen many group games adopt after the initial stage, it won't have me for long.

O&O

VonDoom

Well then! We have a prospective GM in eBadger (say hello!), with whom I have corresponded in PM since he made his post here. I feel we're on a pretty similar wavelength in what we want for this game for the most part, but he's also new to FAE (much like myself), so there may be some figuring out of things that needs to be done.

In the meantime, I wrote a guideline for character creation by standard Fate Accelerated rules for those who aren't familiar. There is more to Aspects than just what is listed below, since an Aspect can be tied to (or be) anything, not just individual characters, but that goes beyond character creation.

==================
Aspects
High Concept. Essentially a short very basic description of your character. For my example Marissa, that's 'Studious Witch Apprentice'. Other examples 'Daring Elven Swashbuckler' or 'The Best Gun In The West', something that describes the core of the character.

Trouble. Define a character trait that is problematic. This can be something like 'Easily gets jealous' or like Marissa's 'Curiosity killed corrupted the cat'. It can also be something non-personality related like 'Trouble magnet' or 'wears the brand of a traitor'. The latter won't really work for CoC since there's no big common law that would matter after stepping through the portal, but it should serve as a general example.

Then you can define one to three further Aspects, similar to the above, that describe character capabilities or things she's done that are representative of who she is and what she can do. It's best to just define one single additional Aspect to begin with, since either I or the other potential GM might use the remaining two for transformation stuff exclusively.

Approaches.

You assign 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0 points to the six approaches depending on what the character is like.

These approaches are: Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick and Sneaky.

Higher is better in Fate. The game isn't really that concerned with what you do as long as it fits the character but how you do it. If you're a dashing Swashbuckler, you face your foe Flashily in combat, but if you're a lumbering giant of a man, you'll likely be Forceful instead. It all depends on how you describe what you do -- what your Approach is, hence the name.

Stunts
The most complex thing about character creation comes last. Stunts are character-specific abilities that are free to use. You can have up to five, though it's usually best to begin with just one. Number one to three are free, a fourth or fifth costs you Refresh (explained further below).

The easiest way to do them is to define a specific situation in which a character gains a +2 bonus to a single type of Approach. The Swashbuckler, again, might take 'Because I am a master duelist I gain a +2 bonus when Flashily facing a single foe.' A Succubus seductress might take 'Because I live to seduce, I gain a +2 bonus when Flashily seducing someone'. Depending on how the seductress does her seducing, that could easily also be Careful (the slow route), Clever (maybe a bargain that involves sexual relations as part of the deal) or Sneaky (shapeshifting into a lover, etc.). This sort of 'Stunt' can be anything, from a special aptitude, martial technique (Kamehameha!) or even a piece of equipment.

There are more involved things like 'Because I have a mercenary company at my disposal, once per game session, I may declare that a helpful mercenary arrives in the scene', but those are usually best discussed between GM and player since they are completely open to mutual agreement and have no real guidelines.

And that's pretty much everything needed for character creation!  Don't skip the section below, though, it gives some insight on what some of the above is actually for!

==================

On Aspects, What You Do With Them And Fate Points

First, Aspects define who your character is and what they can do just by merit of existing. If a character lists 'soldier', it's simply assumed they know how to wield a weapon, how to properly set up camp and how to take care of their equipment.

Second, you have a limited resource in the game called Fate Points. There are two main uses for them: to Invoke an Aspect or to Compel it.

If you do something that corresponds with one of your Aspects, you have the option to spend a Fate Point and Invoke that Aspect to gain either a +2 bonus to a dice roll or may reroll instead.

To Compel an Aspect means to force a development that makes the situation more dramatic or complicated. It works like this: someone, this can be the GM, a fellow player or even you yourself, points out that one of your aspects might complicate things in the current scene. An 'ill-tempered' Aspect might be compelled to make a character lash out at an important NPC or group member, for example.

If a fellow player or GM, they then pay one Fate Point to the recipient in order to Compel that Aspect, essentially forcing it to happen, but the actual result is discussed between those involved first. And the one who is so compelled can spend a Fate Point of their own to negate the Compel completely if they wish. The main guideline for Compels and FAE in general is that things should be interesting. If they aren't, don't do it.

When a player wants to compel their own aspect, they have two options: if it's a personality thing, they just play it and make a note that they're doing so. If it's well executed and actually a complication to the scene, the GM should award them a Fate Point from their GM pool (a GM gets as many Fate Points per scene as there are players, as a general rule). If it's an Aspect like 'FBI's most wanted', they suggest that the FBI might show up soon. If the GM thinks it would add to the current scene, they also hand out the Fate Point and things then develop accordingly.

Compels are the main source of getting Fate Points back. Of course, the Trouble aspect is the most obviously suited for Compels, but ideally all Aspects should offer Compel potential. 'Studious Witch Apprentice', for example, implies that Marissa is still inexperienced and might botch something because she's too excited or distracted that otherwise would have worked fine. Or that she could get into trouble in places where 'we don't like them witches, stranger'.

Refresh
The second way to get Fate Points back are what was briefly mentioned in the Stunt section above: Refresh. All characters start with 3 Refresh, unless they have four or five Stunts, which reduce it to 2 or 3 respectively. In a pen&paper game, Refresh is the lowest amount of Fate Points a character starts out with each session. If you dropped below your Refresh last session, BAM, now you have three shiny points again! If you had more because you accepted a couple interesting Compels, you start with whatever amount you had last time.

O&O

Videospirit

You forgot to mention you can invoke other people's aspects, not just your own. So for example, you could spend a fate point to invoke Marissa's 'Curiosity killed corrupted the cat' to give a +2 bonus to you when you're trying to influence her into doing something new.

VonDoom

I didn't forget so much as leave it out since that's not important to character creation. I didn't go into the type of actions there are or how you can create an advantageous scene aspect, for example. All of that is easier to explain to people new to FAE as things go along.

O&O

Videospirit

It's important to character creation in so much as "Think carefully about your aspects, because they can be used against you too"

If you're a hulking warrior with bulging muscles, you might be at a disadvantage when it comes time to chase someone through narrow passages.

VonDoom

That's covered by the bit about compels, though ... ?  ???

O&O

eBadger

Greetings and salutations!  I'm really looking forward to this game. 

1. Yes, this game is happening.  Yay! 
2. We'll be using FAE.  If you don't know it, that's totally fine.  It's easy, and I didn't know it until yesterday either.  We can screw up together as long as we make it look good.  Here is a handy online reference.  There will be a couple very minor tweaks; but more on that later. 
3. Put together characters!!! 

The recruiting thread is located here!

Zeth

So I should post my character sheet idea in the Recruiting thread then?

Videospirit

I am curious how exactly we're defining a "session" in play by post for refresh and stunts. A number of pages equal to the number of players?

eBadger

Quote from: Videospirit on April 08, 2015, 08:49:27 PM
I am curious how exactly we're defining a "session" in play by post for refresh and stunts. A number of pages equal to the number of players?

I'm using the word Chapter instead of session for this game, one of the minor tweaks to the ruleset.  A Chapter might be one long scene (a grueling night defending the village from harpy attacks) or a series of short or separate scenes (a day spent in Tel'Adre selling and buying, searching through the library and drinking one another under the table).  Real time with decent post rates and length probably every 2-4 weeks, or 20-40 posts. 

Quote from: Zeth on April 08, 2015, 07:30:42 PM
So I should post my character sheet idea in the Recruiting thread then?

Yes, please switch to the Recruiting Thread for future questions & to post characters (note that the updated sheets are slightly different, so yes, even characters posted here will need to be expanded and re-submitted.  Also, I want to reaffirm your interest now that details are hammered out!)