The Lab recruitment (dark, NC, Medical, Exotic)

Started by WindVoyager, March 17, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

Game Type: Freeform/character driven
Recruitment status: OPEN
Character Restrictions: No fantasy or supernatural creatures

Setting

The year is 2221 and humanity has ushered in a new era of technology and vast majority of humans live in large advanced cities and live a life of luxury. The government of these large utopian cities control the masses by controlling the media, carefully filtering and tailoring what shows up on news channels and on TV.

Many once fatal diseases have been eradicated and human lifespans have been doubled, even tippled all thanks to the Lab and its hard working scientists who on the surface, are working to better human lives. Transplant lists are thing of the past. That is, provided you are a member of the wealthy upper classes and can buy such improvements. The lower classes are seen as disposable and often live in underground cities full of trash, despair and diseases.

And then there is the Lab, a forbidding structure located in the waste lands just outside the city of Utopia. This is were nightmares are born, behind its dull grey walls where no one can hear you scream.

----------------------------------------
Looking for players for a Lab\Mad Scientist type set up. This is not our typical set up, the Lab is not government funded and not affiliated with any government group. It is funded by a faceless entity only known as the Corporation that receives its funding from big medical companies. The Corporation's interests lay in everything from new medical technology to making genetically enhanced 'pets' for the upper most classes of society.

The Corporation is willing to do anything to keep the fact the Lab exists quiet and is willing to encourage the degradation of the scientists, after all they are free to do what ever they want as long as they get results. In other words the scientists are free to do what ever they want to the captives of the Lab, what ever degradation they want, turn their victims brains to mush, take them apart to see what makes them tick, as long as the corporation is satisfied with the results.

The Lab itself if a medium sized self contained faculty that appears to be nothing more then an abandoned factory in the desert wastes of Nevada on the surface with all the labs being underground to help ensure none of the test subjects will escape.

This is placed in the future so they will have assess to things like nanite tech and even some stolen cybernetic tech. The Lab itself has everything you will ever need, all the tools of the trade, reinforced magnetically locking cages, surgical rooms, private offices and more.

------------------------------
Characters wanted:

Humans, any gender, any sexuality, as an experiment or a scientist. The scientists will refer to the captives by number or as animal or lab animal, its more degrading to the captive

Anthros (think more of animals that have been genetically engineered to be smarter then normal and be bipedal but still be animals in at their core) Any gender, any sexuality, as an experiment.

Cyborgs, any gender, any sexuality, as an experiment or low level worker

Aliens,any gender, any sexuality, as an experiment, any species

Both original and fandom based characters are welcome

The victims can be just people yanked off the street, people no one will ever look for or people who have terminal illness who want it to be cured and are taken to the Lab under the cover of darkness and dont realize what they are getting into when they sign that dotted line. Others, like aliens, may have been kidnapped after landing on Earth and secretly taken to the Lab or may have even crash landed. Still others were scientists who did unethical or amoral things and were fired from their regular jobs only to find the Men in Black showing up at their doorstep with a request to work for the Lab

---------

Kyra, AI NPC can be controlled by any one

Kyra is the non-sapient AI that runs the day to day operations of the LAB. It makes schedules, sends out reminders, alerts the guards to any escape attempts of break in’s and the like. It also records experiments.

To those how want to get a little freaky; it does have the ability to control robotic arms that sit on a track? Since it’s an AI, it’s cold, clinical and merciless. No amount of screaming or threatening it or begging will sway it from its appointed task. It can do everything from preform complex dissections to torture. The only drawback? Due to the complexity of the task it can run only one such room at a time so if it’s already occupied, your character will just have to wait their turn.
-------------

Pretty much make it as long or as short as you like. Fandom characters will be as welcome as original characters

Character Name:
Species:
Department:
Physical appearance:
Personality:
Background:

eBadger

I'd enjoy bringing back Dr. Soon, if you'd have me; hopefully with more test subjects this time!  I also very much enjoyed having a lab assistant to enjoy my abuse, and pass some along in turn....

WindVoyager

QuoteI'd enjoy bringing back Dr. Soon, if you'd have me; hopefully with more test subjects this time!  I also very much enjoyed having a lab assistant to enjoy my abuse, and pass some along in turn....

But of course. I'm bringing in at least three characters, a gunt who is the kind of character every one loves to hate, a creepy ass scientist and a non human test subject.

And Kyra the AI,  but its more an NPC can be controlled by any one

Yukina

I might join again. eBadger, may I make a robotic assistant for Dr. Soon?

elfguy

I could make a mad scientist who's interested in triggering emotions in the patients. She would experiment with direct stimuli to bring pain, agony, pleasure, etc...
----

Strangefate

I wouldn't mind playing human test subject and maybe scientist.  I'll see if I can come up with something.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

WindVoyager

We are, with out a doubt, going to need a few test subjects. Human or otherwise. Mad scientist types strike me as the kind who don't like sharing their experiments

eBadger

Quote from: Yugishogun on March 17, 2014, 11:40:45 AM
I might join again. eBadger, may I make a robotic assistant for Dr. Soon?

But then I couldn't randomly drug you!  Although...I suppose I could introduce behavior modifying programming "upgrades" from time to time... :)  Good to see you coming back!

And yes, we seem distressingly light on victi- er, test subjects. 

Yukina

Quote from: eBadger on March 17, 2014, 10:25:18 PM
But then I couldn't randomly drug you!  Although...I suppose I could introduce behavior modifying programming "upgrades" from time to time... :)  Good to see you coming back!

And yes, we seem distressingly light on victi- er, test subjects.

Good.

torawashi

Definitely interested in making a human experiment, maybe an investigative journalist type that got caught.

Yukina

Character Name: Assista-Droid (Assista for short)
Gender: Designed to be female, though has a phallus attachment
Orientation: Only contains pleasure sub-routines for females
Species: Gynoid
Department: Dr. Soon's current department
Physical appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Assista is designed to be calm and collected, as well as obedient to Dr. Soon
Background: Assista's creation files are classified, though since her appearance all she has been doing is serving Dr. Soon.

kaz

Looks like fun, I could make a test subject, always enjoy a bit of kidnap in the name of science ;)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

RockSalt

I am totally up for this once I get out the rp posts I owe!

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

WindVoyager

QuoteLooks like fun, I could make a test subject, always enjoy a bit of kidnap in the name of science ;)

As long as we get a pretty even mix of subjects and Scientists...........

Character Name: Walter Sullivan
Orientation: Straight though he tends to lean towards bi at times
Species: Human
Department: Grunt\security
Physical appearance: 5'6, muscular, dark short cropped hair, is often seen in the typical Lab grunt uniform. Olive green pants and shirt with a black vest that has countless pockets and clips for items, usually his smokes and illegal drugs bough under the table from science pukes that he sells to other science pukes

Sullivan typicality carries a high powered shock prod and tranq gun with a full clip and low level key cards

Personality: Rotten to the core, Walter is an overgrown bully and sadist whom has no respect for anyone and he gets a great deal of joy out of hurting those who are weaker than him. He abuses the 'experiments' every chance he gets behind the backs of the science pukes

Background: Sullivan had a typical non exciting childhood, grew up in a small town outside Utopia were he bullied smaller kids for their lunch money, committed a lot of small time petty theft from stores and was rumored to kill neighborhood strays.

His parents divorced when he was ten and his father moved to Utopia in search of work, picking up odd jobs. Walter dropped out of high school and got involved in working for security corporations. When he found himself short on cash and about to be evicted from his low level hobble, a strange e-mail arrived from a friend about a company hiring those with experience in the security fields had him packing up and accepting the job 

Character Name: Dr Aidan Walker
Orientation: Bi
Species: Human
Department: Alien Biology and Physiology (Observes, feeds, and questions subjects if they are capable of speech and preforms tests on them)

Physical appearance: 5'5, lean, age 30.  His dark hair is always neat and slicked back and he carries himself in a professional manner.

Personality: Twisted sadist that uses science as a means to justify inflicting pain on his experiments. If it’s not human then it’s an animal no matter how smart it may be. Even if it can communicate it’s still an animal to him therefore he's well with in his right to do whatever he wants to it. Even if that means cutting it open while it’s still wake. He draws the line as human experimentation and won't preform it but since it’s for the greater good for all he won't stop his fellow scientists from experimenting on humans

Background: Raised by the best nannies money could by Aidan never really knew his parents, they were too busy furthering medical science and got him into the best private schools they could though he was kicked out of one school for dissecting a captive alien while it was still very much awake claiming he could better study it by how it reacted to stimuli if it wasn't drugged. His parents’ threw large sums of money at the school to hide the incident under the rug.

Not able to find an actual up front and proper lab or company that would employ him due to the many incidents that happened at the medical schools, his parents located the 'Corporation'. Being as they only cared for results and the methods of such were of no concern, he was readily accepted.

Character Name: Specimen 317 (real name currently unknown)
Orientation: Bi
Species: Advanced techno organic alien
Physical appearance: Standing five feet tall at the shoulder, his species combines reptilian, feline and mammalian features. Broad chest, long legs with cat-like paws, the fore paws of which have an extra phalanx so he can manipulate items easily. Instead of eyes he had large glowing blue optics with black pupils. The head perched upon the long thick neck is avian, high set narrow nostrils and elongated narrow jaws.
Due to his techno organic nature He is covered in matte metal plates instead of scales, the under sides of his throat, legs and belly are charcoal grey. His wings, if spread out, woudl measure nearly fifteen feet from tip to tip and are comprised of black and grey metal feathers. His most striking feature is his large starling blue glowing optics. He does have a long tapered penis that is not visible unless the protective plating is recreated to reveal the mammalian sheath it resides in

Personality: While quite capable of speech and having an understanding of the human language (he downloaded it from the net) he currently has no interest in communicating with his captors since they don’t seem to be interested in carrying on a conversation like a civilized being. When he does speak, he is rude and fond of cursing. He has no love what so ever of humans and refers to them as fleshbags, fleshlings and monkeys

Background: Originating from a planet comprised of techno organic beings far outside the known solar system he was captured by a group of humanoid aliens for an unknown purpose.

To add injury to insult, his captors crash landed on Earth a few miles outside Utopia. His captors did not survive the crash. Once his unconscious from was dragged from the wreckage he was transported to the Lab and placed in a small holding cell. To say he’s furious is an understatement, ripped away from his home world and being treated as if he’s some sort of animal isn’t helping his temper

RockSalt

This got long so I'm putting it under a spoiler tag >H> I'm also working on getting a picture for him.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name: His actual name isn't pronounceable by humans easily, so he's called "Two-trill" or just "Trill" after the noises he makes to indicate himself.
Orientation: Gay
Species:  Alien
Physical appearance: Trill is basically humanoid, though clearly his species is adapted to be aquatic. Cartilage like bones are more flexible than a human's and his skin has a definite iridescent translucency to it. His skin however, can change like a cuttlefish, and may display patterns and markings to either blend in whit his environment or express strong emotions. He has no hair, only non-functioning fins and ruffles along the center of his head and down his neck and back. His gills are on his throat, and when flared (either for deep breaths or with emotion) reveal colorful flesh between them. He has webbed hands/feet. He has four black eyes, two placed where they would be on a human, and a smaller pair beneath that. He has two penises but they are not visible unless they're erect. He has mild regenerative capabilities (he can heal simple tissue damage or missing limbs, but not complex organs.)
Personality: Mild and introverted, incredibly smart but taken to thinking over action. He's pretty much be an optimist and believe things would always work out, but that may be challenged during his time in the Lab. He gets frustrated and loses his patience easily if he's not given something to engage his mind in. A bit high-strung and nervous in general.
Background: Trill was a scientist in his own right before coming to the Lab. He however, was an archeologist, specializing in languages, history and dating objects. He and a group of other scientists from his homeworld, were actually on a research expedition to look into a popular theory within their people that they actually evolved on other planets and their ancestors got there by spaceship. Trill was just about achieving his life's dream by being on the mission, not only on the cutting edge of new anthropological breakthroughs, but getting to travel the galaxy.

Unfortunately, he never would achieve his dream. As they were leaving their second planet their spaceship was destroyed. Trill was in the passenger area, and never knew why the ship exploded, but he did make it to an escape pod and eject. Cryogenic freezing was standard in their pods, to reduce potential damage and resources needed if the rescue took too long. His pod however was thrown far from the original spaceship, and ended up on a trajectory towards earth. The pod was picked up by sensors long before it would have a chance to hit, and the Corporation was the first to fund an expedition to investigate the object. They claimed Trill's escape pod and have been using the technology they found for years to boost their own engineering and inventions. Trill was left frozen and his biology studied as much as it could be from that state, and he's recently been scheduled to be unfrozen for much anticipated live testing. Trill's last thoughts before going to sleep was that soon he would be rescued by his own people, and instead he will wake up to a cold world full of aliens who he knows nothing about and who know far more about him than he is comfortable with.

NateValentine

Well, I'm definitely interested. Could I perhaps be a Scientist who loves to experiment on himself/lets other scientists experiment on him? If yes, I'd love to join. If no, I'd still like to join.

Savant of the Wastes

You know, when I first read the opening post, I thought you said that Kyra was an NPC that someone could choose to take, rather than an 'anyone can control' NPC. It actually sounded like a really fun idea really...

But if you still want more people, I'll try to dream up some other concept, this looks fun.

DinaFlower

RockSalt

Strangefate

WindVoyager has had some trouble in the recent past with her service provider so that may account for her current absence.  I imagine the game is still open and in the works (tho of course I can't swear to it).
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

DinaFlower

Okay, thank you all! Also... What does "NC" stand for? *blushes*

RockSalt

Quote from: DinaFlower on April 06, 2014, 11:04:46 PM
Okay, thank you all! Also... What does "NC" stand for? *blushes*
Non-con, aka non-consent, which means everything from rape to coercive sex through other means (mind control, blackmail, etc) :3

DinaFlower

As soon as I posted I started wondering if that is what it meant.

WindVoyager

You know, when I first read the opening post, I thought you said that Kyra was an NPC that someone could choose to take, rather than an 'anyone can control' NPC. It actually sounded like a really fun idea really...

Kyra is an 'open NPC' which means any one can control it.  Just have to be careful about who is making it do what so its not confusing through Kyra is the Queen of multitasking

QuoteIs this still open?

Its still open. I've haven't been one due to me being sick and my ISP having major issues. Its not the computer or the modem, its something on their end. I've spent a lot of time yelling at them