News:

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra.

Started by Wolfy, March 17, 2012, 05:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

I'm with Shjade- Amon is some sort of Anti-Avatar.

I have a weird theory that he's the result of the Avatar reincarnations 'ending' with Aang's 'death' at the end of Book 2. He was the 'solution' to a world without the Avatar, to the possibility of a one-world government under the Fire Nation.

While nice and tidy, this would make him spry for 71.

But then again, Kyoshi lived 230 years. Guru Pathik was 150 years old, and Bumi 112...

Chris Brady

Haven't watched an episode, yet.  Monitor is dead, and iPad doesn't like external video sites other than YouTube.

But after hearing/reading most of the theories about Amon being Aang, I have to ask:  Do people really want him to go 'dark side'?  Is it really that interesting for yet another hero to fall?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabre

It's very clear anyway that Amon is not Aang.  One is Steven Blum and the other is not.  Q.E.D.

Shjade

Yeah, I was joking about zombie Aang.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Aidonsious

Quote from: Shjade on June 19, 2012, 09:06:51 PM
;p

@Aidonsious: let's say for the sake of argument that it's possible to have two avatars. Why doesn't Amon go into Avatar mode to remove bending, then?

He could be like Aang was in the beginning and could not summon his true spiritual self.

Because the text and original rituals were lost when the air benders were destroyed, maybe there is something else out there we do not know about...

I miss momo....

Aidonsious

I also think that Katara knows something...because as was mentioned the other avatars lived well over 100...why did Aang die around 82?

ExisD

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 20, 2012, 11:27:29 PM
I also think that Katara knows something...because as was mentioned the other avatars lived well over 100...why did Aang die around 82?

He was well over 100, he just spent a significant portion of that time frozen.

Though more seriously, I'm expecting that to be a plot point at some point.

Shjade

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 20, 2012, 11:25:18 PM
He could be like Aang was in the beginning and could not summon his true spiritual self.
Aang in the beginning couldn't remove bending, either.
◕/◕'s

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aidonsious on June 20, 2012, 11:27:29 PM

The official reason, cite in an interview somewhere I think, is that the century spent on ice several impaired Angs health later in life.

Sabby

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Maiz

I've heard of theories that perhaps Amon is Koh the Facestealer. That would be interesting, I think, and explains Amon's (possible) energybending and maybe even why he's not affected by bloodbending. And of course, why he wears a mask. Anyway, I cant wait for the finale tomorrow.

Inerrant Lust

I won't spoil anything, don't worry. :P

But huh.

I'm a little disappointed. One or two more episodes would have been sufficient, I think, to provide the character development that was needed. Actual spoilers to follow, for those of you who haven't seen the finale;

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
We have Amon/Noatok's origins... And we have his endgame. But I feel like his motivations were glossed over.

Yeah, we can see the seeds of his whole revolution- hating Yakone for abusing his power, using bending against the weak, ect. But... still, a lot is left to be told.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on June 23, 2012, 06:20:23 PM
I won't spoil anything, don't worry. :P

But huh.

I'm a little disappointed. One or two more episodes would have been sufficient, I think, to provide the character development that was needed. Actual spoilers to follow, for those of you who haven't seen the finale;

We have Amon/Noatok's origins... And we have his endgame. But I feel like his motivations were glossed over.

Yeah, we can see the seeds of his whole revolution- hating Yakone for abusing his power, using bending against the weak, ect. But... still, a lot is left to be told.

Hmm....There is still a second season coming, you know. ;3

13 more episodes.

Of course, I hope they make more than that...I really do.

I also hope they continue this series onward...maybe one more time with another new Avatar, once Korra's story is done.

SinXAzgard21

After watching the last two episodes I just wonder how they will continue on with the series.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 24, 2012, 02:54:18 PM
After watching the last two episodes I just wonder how they will continue on with the series.

Agreed.. this ep seems.. completing the story line very good. I mean.. it 'fixes' all the problems...

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 24, 2012, 08:52:07 PM
Agreed.. this ep seems.. completing the story line very good. I mean.. it 'fixes' all the problems...

Like I said...They could do a new avatar...

or even a Time skip to Korra being older.

Shjade

It doesn't fix ALL the problems.

Korra hasn't achieved Avatar state and only has access to airbending (presumably because she hadn't had it prior to the bloodbending that cut off her access to what she already knew), and there's a city full of straightened benders that need chakral repair. Book 1 resolved the Amon arc, but it leaves a fair amount of ground to cover in social/political/spiritual things to do.

Book 2 is probably going to be more coming-of-age-slash-soul-searching than dealing with a direct antagonist.

Edit: Lulz, that's what I get for posting before the last five minutes of the episode.

So there's still a little political fallout to smooth over, but from there I guess just Avatar adventuretimes trying to fix the problems Amon rightly pointed out exist in the world?
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on June 26, 2012, 02:20:35 PM
It doesn't fix ALL the problems.

Korra hasn't achieved Avatar state and only has access to airbending (presumably because she hadn't had it prior to the bloodbending that cut off her access to what she already knew), and there's a city full of straightened benders that need chakral repair. Book 1 resolved the Amon arc, but it leaves a fair amount of ground to cover in social/political/spiritual things to do.

Book 2 is probably going to be more coming-of-age-slash-soul-searching than dealing with a direct antagonist.

Edit: Lulz, that's what I get for posting before the last five minutes of the episode.

So there's still a little political fallout to smooth over, but from there I guess just Avatar adventuretimes trying to fix the problems Amon rightly pointed out exist in the world?

I know how you feel... I've posted before I've watched something fully and the effing twist pops up.  Yeah, a roaming/adventure which leads up to something towards the middle or the end/beginning of the next book would be most likely.

As for another avatar I don't think so as this series is about Korra and another avatar would mean that the name of the show would change as well.

Lavinia

It did manage to tie itself up all nice and tidy. I'm with you lot on wanting to see a bit more about Amon's motivations, but I'll live. That being said, I haven't faintest idea how they'll continue on from this point, but here's to hoping that it doesn't involve more Makorra drama (which was started out cute enough and than somehow manage to be both adorable and irritating...and then just irritating).

Chris Brady

Gotta ask, has Korra done anything that's legendary yet?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Aidonsious

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 27, 2012, 04:52:27 AM
Gotta ask, has Korra done anything that's legendary yet?

Oh yes she did!  Season finale was epic!

Aidonsious

Quote from: Lavinia on June 27, 2012, 01:31:09 AM
It did manage to tie itself up all nice and tidy. I'm with you lot on wanting to see a bit more about Amon's motivations, but I'll live. That being said, I haven't faintest idea how they'll continue on from this point, but here's to hoping that it doesn't involve more Makorra drama (which was started out cute enough and than somehow manage to be both adorable and irritating...and then just irritating).

After the season finale, Korra has to fix everything that Amon has done. As well, now that we are introduced to a few new characters in the last episode of the season, we learn their stories, where they came from and how their society is reacting to the force change. There must still be some feud between the elements, just not in republic city.

Aidonsious

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 03:04:35 PM
I know how you feel... I've posted before I've watched something fully and the effing twist pops up.  Yeah, a roaming/adventure which leads up to something towards the middle or the end/beginning of the next book would be most likely.

As for another avatar I don't think so as this series is about Korra and another avatar would mean that the name of the show would change as well.

I agree that this series is about Korra but as Saka always wanted, the new Team Avatar is set out to fix all that was broken and Korra learns the truth about the past. I still do not know how certain people died...we only know so little about what happened over the past 70 years and there are still people we havent meant...like all the siblings and children/grandchildren of the original cast.

NotoriusBEN

The Legend of Korra seasons are going to be fully enclosed story arcs. Due to some slips of the tongue from the creators and just the general attitude of Nickelodeon being incompetent. The Avatar creators are going this route, if only so that if and when Nick kills off Avatar, it is all fully enclosed and no orphan episodes are left out. In fact, this season was to be the 'only' season of Korra. Nickelodeon ordered a second season as soon as this one was finished in production, hence, all the neatly tied up story lines. (True, ordering a few extra episodes wouldnt have hurt, but the creators stated this was for quality of animation purposes)

It may be little known here, but Nick executives tried very hard to kill the original three seasons of Avatar. Anything that threatens the flagship program (ie. Spongebob) is anathema to them. I am aware that it makes absolutely no god damn business sense, but there it is. Seriously, this is a thing.

Luckily, a couple years ago, a new executive (cant remember his name) said that this was a stupid business model and has since fought for more flagship programming, whatever that may be. Still, one guy can only do so much against a room full of stupid.