Creating a Photo Database

Started by drivebyte, August 17, 2012, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drivebyte

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help on organizing a mass of photos that I have. These are the NSFW type, so I'm not looking for a highly visible solution (like Windows Photo or whatever, though if I must, I must). Currently, I'm using Picasa which is not bad but it doesn't seem to want to update from the folder as much as I want it to and it has become sluggish and honestly has more editing features than I need. However, I really do like a couple things about it such as the smart face tagging that works 50/50. It has a tagging system, but it seems that it could be better.

My ideal would be to have something like a localized Danbooru clone to open up and tag the images, note the model and the artist, and remove duplicates and so on. The issue with this is that I have no idea for how to set such a thing up and if it's even technologically feasible without a server/putting money into it.

I've tried my google-fu and it hasn't been up to the task. A lot of the articles are outdated by about 3 years or offer software that is objectively worse (bulkier, not as feature rich) as Picasa. So any help would be appreciated.