Seeking Legendary Monsters (3.5 DnD, lots custom rules)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, April 08, 2015, 05:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on May 08, 2015, 10:38:15 PM
Very Much WIP
XXX
CN Medium Outsider (Earth, Extraplanar)
Swordsage 7/Master of the Nine 5 | Incarnate 12
Init ; Senses darkvision 60 ft
         Spot +, Listen +
Languages Common, Terran, Celestial, Dwarven, Ignan +7

AC 59, touch 72, flat-footed 66
   (+5 natural, +9 dexterity, +12 insight, +12 luck, +11 Wis)
hp 384 ( 12d8 HD + 288);  DR 10/Epic
Immune acid, poison
Resist fire 20; SR 55
Fort 20, Ref 15, Will 20

Speed 90

Melee:

Ranged:

Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Base Atk +8/+2  Grp +

Atk Options  Unarmed Strike 1d8

Combat Gear:

Maneuvers (IL 12th, DC 33+spell level)

Incarnate Meldshaping (CL 12th, DC 33+spell level)

Abilities: Str 44 (+17), Dex 28 (+9), Con 35 (+12), Int 31 (+10), Wis 32 (+11), Cha 21 (+5)

Special Attacks:

Special Qualities:

Skills:

Skill Tricks:

Feats: Blind-Fight (B),

Equipment

Racial/Template Abilities

Stonechild

• +8 Strength, +8 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
  • Size:  As medium creatures, stonechildren have no special bonuses or penalties due to size.
  • A stonechild's base land speed is 30 feet.
  • Darkvision:  Stonechildren can see in the dark out ot 60 feet.
  • Racial Feats:  A stonechild's outsider levels give her one feat.  In addition, stonechildren get Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.
  • Weapon and Armor Proficiency:  As an outsider, a stonechild is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with light and medium armor, and with shields (except tower shields).
  • Natural Armor:  A stonechild's tough hide protects her from harm, giving her a +4 natural armor bonus to Armor Class.
  • Immunity to Acid and Poison:  Stonechildren take no damage and suffer no ill effects from acid or poison.
  • Magic Stone (Sp):  Three times per day, a stonechild can use a magic stone effect as the spell (caster level 3rd).
  • Automatic Languages:  Common and Terran.  Bonus Languages:  Celestial, Dwarven, Ignan.
  • Favored Class:  Fighter
  • Level Adjustment +4
  • Outsider (Earth, Extraplanar)

Aberrant Limbs (Arms) x2

LA +4

Prodigy (Strength)

LA+2

Paragon Creature

HD: A paragon creature always has maximum hit points. Paragon creatures also gain an additional 12 hit points per HD.

Speed: A paragon creature’s speed triples, for all movement types.

AC: Paragon creatures gain a +12 insight bonus to AC and a +12 luck bonus to AC. They also gain a +5 natural armor bonus (if the creature already has natural armor, use whichever is better).

Attacks: A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.

Damage: A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on Damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.

Special Abilities: A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) or Psionics (Sp): If the base creature has spell-like abilities, it gains +15 to its caster level to use those abilities. A paragon creature also gains the ability to use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Special Qualities: A paragon creature retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following.

Damage reduction 10/epic. If the creature already possesses Damage reduction, use whichever is better.

Spell Resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25. If the creature already possesses spell resistance, use whichever is higher.

Fast healing 20. If the creature already possesses fast healing, use whichever is better.

A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Saves: The paragon creature gains a +10 insight bonus on all its saving throws.

All ability scores are 15 points higher than those of the base creature.

Skills: The paragon creature gains a +10 competence bonus on all its skill checks.

Feats: Same as the base creature, plus one bonus feat.

Swordsage Abilities

Monastery Training (Ex):  Gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat and progress as a monk to determine unarmed strike damage.

Quick to Act (+2) (Ex):  Gain a +2 bonus on Initiative checks.

Discipline Focus (Tiger Claw) (Ex):  Gain benefit of the Weapon Focus feat for the Kukri, Kama, Claw, Handaxe, Greataxe, and Unarmed Strike

AC Bonus:  Add Wisdom modifier as a bonus to Armor Class, so long as you wear no armor, are unencumbered, and do not use a shield.  This bonus applies even against touch attacks or when you are flat-footed.  You lose this bonus when you are immobilized or helpless.

Discipline Focus (Tiger Claw) (Ex):  Add your Wisdom modifier as a bonus on damage rolls whenever you execute a strike from the Tiger Claw discipline.

Sense Magic (Su):  Spend 10 minutes focusing upon a weapon or suit of armor.  If you succeed on a level check (DC 10 + the caster level of the weapon or armor), you can identify the properties of that item, including its enhancement bonus and special abilities.  This ability does not reveal the properties of artifacts or legacy weapons, though it does indicate that such items are significantly powerful.

Maneuvers Known:  12
Maneuvers Readied:  6
Stances Known:  3

Master of Nine Abilities

Dual Stance (Ex):  You can choose to not lose your current stance when you enter a different stance from another discipline.  You may use the benefits of two stances for a maximum of 2 round sper class level each day, split up as desired.

Perfect Form (Ex):  You initiate your maneuvers with greater fluidity and grace, increasing the save DC (if any) of any maneuver you initiate by 1.

Counter Stance (Ex):  Whenever you initiate a counter maneuver, you can change your stance as part of the counter's action, even if it is not your turn.

Mastery of Nine (Ex):  You gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls made when initiating any strike maneuver, and your strikes deal extra damage equal to the number of disciplines you readied maneuvers from at the beginning of the day.

Maneuvers Known:  8
Maneuvers Readied:  5
Stances Known:  2

Incarnate Abilities

Aura (Ex):

Detect Opposition (Sp):

Chakra Bind (Crown, Feet, Hands, Arms, Brow, Shoulders):

Expanded Soulmeld Capacity +1 (Ex):

Incarnum Radiance (Su):  Two times per day,

Rapid Meldshaping:  Two times per day,

Share Incarnum Radiance:

Soulmelds:  6
Essentia:  12
Chakra Binds:  3

Background

Delicious. . .
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Re Z L

A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good so far Re Z L :). Just tip the +13 insight bonus from paragon can be applied to anything which can be classified as special attack (it includes maneuvers). You can increase your initiator level by +13 (or +13 insight bonus to save DC's with all maneuvers). Also any special attacks got via feats or class features it also applies.

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 09, 2015, 04:26:59 AM
Looks good so far Re Z L :). Just tip the +13 insight bonus from paragon can be applied to anything which can be classified as special attack (it includes maneuvers). You can increase your initiator level by +13 (or +13 insight bonus to save DC's with all maneuvers). Also any special attacks got via feats or class features it also applies.

Adding +13 to my Initiator Level would mean I get access to ninth level manuevers/stances...is that intended?  If so, when should I assume that level takes place at?

Meaning...if it applies at level 1, then my first level in Swordsage gets access to 7th level manuevers (IL/2 round up).

Otherwise there's little to add the bonus to for Manuevers as they don't usually have save DCs, unless I add it to some other numerical value such as damage.
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Using spells as a precedent, since a very similar question came up for magic, it wouldn't work exactly like that. You're still capped by your initiator class levels/non-initiator levels for what maneuvers you learn, but when you activate them, your initiator level is increased by 13 for stuff that cares about IL, like some Burning Blade boosts/strikes.

Re Z L

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 09, 2015, 09:57:33 PM
Using spells as a precedent, since a very similar question came up for magic, it wouldn't work exactly like that. You're still capped by your initiator class levels/non-initiator levels for what maneuvers you learn, but when you activate them, your initiator level is increased by 13 for stuff that cares about IL, like some Burning Blade boosts/strikes.

Yes, but the spell levels you know are explicitly restricted by whatever levels you have in what class, not what your Caster Level is.  Tome of Battle classes explicitly use only their effective Initiator Level to determine what level Manuevers/Stances they can learn, and even non-Initiator classes increase this IL.  So, while it's similar, there are very distinct differences here.
A&A

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Re Z L on May 09, 2015, 10:09:03 PM
Yes, but the spell levels you know are explicitly restricted by whatever levels you have in what class, not what your Caster Level is.  Tome of Battle classes explicitly use only their effective Initiator Level to determine what level Manuevers/Stances they can learn, and even non-Initiator classes increase this IL.  So, while it's similar, there are very distinct differences here.

That was brought up before too. The Ardent Psionic class functions almost exactly like that, using its effective Manifester level to determine the maximum level of powers it can manifest, but this was stated to be capped at the maximum a single-class manifester could get (6th at ECL12). So the precedent is there for initiators to be treated the same.

Re Z L

Also you have to meet certain Maneuvers known pre-reqs, so it's not like you can just buy all 9th level maneuvers, you'd have to have at least a few first and second levels.  But it doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other, I'll just wait to see what Zaer says.

Most of the crunch on my sheet is done now, also.
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

TheGlyphstone is correct, you would be capped at 6th level maneuvers but you can pick them earlier if meet requirements and trade them off and so have more powerful set of maneuvers. Also initiator level affects how potent maneuver is (some cases).

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 10, 2015, 05:08:05 AM
TheGlyphstone is correct, you would be capped at 6th level maneuvers but you can pick them earlier if meet requirements and trade them off and so have more powerful set of maneuvers. Also initiator level affects how potent maneuver is (some cases).

Sounds good  ;D

I think I might have him finished up later today...
A&A

Re Z L

A&A

Zaer Darkwail

The charsheet looks good, although your story sounds a one where Ao would had imprisoned you after you broke free from prison which gods placed you on. Perhaps better time to you 'ascend' to legendary status occurs when you generate extra arms and get monstrous strength (strength prodigy) applied. So one the chars would show up after he had broken loose and doing havoc on gods for vengeance.

Anycase to apply Lustbound creature template you would need means apply bestow curse (or greater hexblade curse) on target. So perhaps wand and UMD skills? Or is there meldshape which create curses via touch or such?

Kunoichi

Wasn't it only that the Greater version of the Lustbound template required the use of bestow curse or something similar?  I'm pretty sure the Lesser version can be applied by anyone...

Re Z L

Quote from: Lustbound Template ExcerptEither case across aeons various beings who are able to curse others, have discovered means to reproduce the effect of the original legend. Woman needs repeatedly forced into orgasm (and push her limits and comfort zone more and more wider every time) and reach a state where their mind completely and permanently breaks (level/hd x wisdom modifier orgasms non-stop, only 1 hour rest between sessions whenever victim passes out). Restoration can restore a broken victims mental facility and so can heal spell this point.

However when you apply bestow curse (or greater hexblade curse or dire hexblade curse), the victim's condition becomes more permanent and harder to remove and also grant some minor additional abilities....a bond with the one who defiled them and make them devotionally loyal. They are in constant state of arousal and always willing and their intense aroused state makes lustbound weaker than regular members of their species and far less intelligent....single minded even with their behavior. If lustbound creature dies and is later raised from the dead, they retain their template but if absent without master or mistress (said person died and they died because of that), they immediately go bond with someone else.

I suppose technically a "Least" version is available to anyone, but the normal template requires Bestow Curse.

In any case, the change to the background sounds good to me, so they'd be intercepting him somewhere along the way, that's an easy change to make.

If you're open to a custom Soulmelds then I'll write up a handful of Lustcarnum Soulmelds--basically they'll be similar to the Necrocarnum Soulmelds.  For example, the Necrocarnum Circlet allows the creation of Necrocarnum Zombies, the Lustcarnum variant will then allow for a Bestow Curse effect but only for the purposes of creating a Lustbound creature.  I can have those written up tomorrow sometime--I'll go back and adjust the background now though.

Also I forgot about a question I had:  what kind of action is it to withdraw/extend his extra arms?
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 10, 2015, 09:36:36 PM
Wasn't it only that the Greater version of the Lustbound template required the use of bestow curse or something similar?  I'm pretty sure the Lesser version can be applied by anyone...

It needs bestow curse even lesser version, Daeva had to go lengths to get bestow curse or her case cursed grapes to get her pirate turned into such creature. The greater is entirely decided by GM when it occurs (it cannot be created by default IC as it needs powerful creature + some love sort emotion pre-excist in target at minimum even consider to grant it). The basic version is the most common one what comes out as result.

Quote from: Re Z L on May 11, 2015, 02:49:59 AM
In any case, the change to the background sounds good to me, so they'd be intercepting him somewhere along the way, that's an easy change to make.

If you're open to a custom Soulmelds then I'll write up a handful of Lustcarnum Soulmelds--basically they'll be similar to the Necrocarnum Soulmelds.  For example, the Necrocarnum Circlet allows the creation of Necrocarnum Zombies, the Lustcarnum variant will then allow for a Bestow Curse effect but only for the purposes of creating a Lustbound creature.  I can have those written up tomorrow sometime--I'll go back and adjust the background now though.

Also I forgot about a question I had:  what kind of action is it to withdraw/extend his extra arms?

I am okay with custom soulmelds like Crown of Lust which allows creating lustbound creatures (the 'control' function is pointless as lustbound creature is already under your control so it could have another effect besides creating them; like telepathic communication or such). Anycase after background edit just post the char in charsheet section and also post in the OOC.

The shrink and pulling out the arms is free action, it does not specify full, standard nor move so I favor it's free action (it's basic movement for you). I also realized with raging mongoose boost maneuver you can attack +2 extra times per limb :P.

PaleEnchantress

Bestow Curse is such a versatile bane to bestow anyway, and unlike a lot of debuffs its both permanent and isnt mind affecting, a negative energy affect or anything of the sort. With Kiss Spell I can curse people and have them not even know it. 
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img