Doctor Bell's Clinic for the Preternaturally Inclined

Started by Rogue, November 01, 2014, 12:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Doctor Bell's Clinic for the Preternaturally Inclined
Greetings and Salutations

You have been invited to join a government run clinic for the Preternaturally Inclined.
We have seen your posts.
We have seen the news stories.
We know the truth, though we don't know the why.
Will you help us discover the why?
So the world won't think you're....

crazy...
Cursed...
out of touch with reality...
out of your goddamned mind...

We want to help you explain your gift to the world....

Each participant who joins will be flown to one of the most haunted locations in the world, hidden from the books that claim to know these places. We will pay for travel and living expenses as long as you stay with us, with a bonus for the full six month program. If you desire to join the program, don't miss the plane. The tickets are included in this letter and already paid for.

Good luck and we'll see you soon.
Doctor Sasha Bell

Alright! So hello, I'm Rogue and I will be GMing this little shindig. I will be looking for a couple of co-gms as well if this game gains traction. As is, I will be willing to run this game with 4-20 clinic participants. All of the ones "running" this clinic will likely be NPCs played by myself or Co-gms, or people who don't know the actual purpose behind the Clinic. Ghosts can be NPC'd by Players, but no one can play a ghost... yet.

Alright, the bones of this RP:

• This will be in the Extreme Section utilizing a Tagging system. Meaning Tag your gore and non-con and such.
  • All gender types and sexualities will be accepted, including Asexual and Agendered characters.
  • This RP will take place in the Modern US.
  • Like all of my RPs, this is going to be plot heavy. That being said, you can have as much sex as you want! Just know that it's going to be plot heavy.
  • Ideally, I would prefer a post a week. At most I'm going to allow a post every two weeks without forewarning. After that, I will send a warning poke. One more week and your character will be NPC'd by me until they can be removed from the game successfully. ((I will also double check A/A's and last active times accordingly, so if your life blows up on you I will not be removing your character from the game. I might need to gently NPC you into less busy areas but your character will still be safe.))
  • I expect posts to be at least a paragraph, if not more. If anyone feels that they need more to respond do, please feel free to ask the player in question or PM me about it. Thank you.
  • I would hope this is implied but GM's word is law. If I am not around, any co-GMs I may find have the final word.

And now the flesh of this RP:

All Player Characters will be Humans with some way of sensing the supernatural or having experienced it. Other races exist: Vampires, Werewolves, and Fae. These races are, unknown to the common population, regulated and watched by the governments of the world. Ghosts also exist. However, these are not options for PCs because only humans are invited to the clinic. The three listed below are the three races known and working with the Human governments. The information given is about as much as the governments know. As far as your characters are concerned, however, most of what they "know" is muddled by the numerous books, movies, and myths propagated throughout the modern world. Their knowledge on Ghosts, on the other hand, is lacking.

Vampires

General Information: Not much is known about them. They sleep in the day and are allergic to the sun in a very combustible way. They must drink human blood, though it doesn't have to be fresh. Attempting to drink animal blood for any long length of time can lend itself to madness as no other animal can quite compare. They are capable of sleeping for indefinite periods of time, though they must feed immediately once they wake from their slumber.

How to Create a Vampire: Vampires can be born via sex. Vampires who are created have to be drained to near death then fed the blood of their maker. It is tradition that they be buried and forced to dig their way out to weed out the weak, but not necessary for full transformation.

Abilities: Quick Healing; Inhuman Speed and Strength; Telepathy to varying degrees based on power and age; Glamour; Mind control to varying degrees based on power and age; Flight; Shape shifting to varying degrees based on power and age; Heightened Senses of Hearing, Smell, and the Preternatural; Immortality.

Weakness: Sun (absolute), Silver, and running water. (On weakness to religious objects: It is found that religious objects only harm vampires when wielded by someone who believes in them and with varying degrees based on the strength of belief of the wielder and the strength and age of the vampire.)

Fun Facts: Old Mirrors were made with Silver. This process is no longer used and Aluminum is now the backing of most modern mirrors. Vampires can see their reflections in these, not the old ones.
Werewolves

General Information: Werewolves partially change into a wolf/human creature. More powerful and older werewolves can control this change and their actions while changed. New wolves may not even remember what happened during transformation and can only change on the full moon.

The effect of the full moon on Werewolves: They are compelled to change, to mate, and to hunt during the full moon. It is not unheard of for a newly changed female werewolf to come back from their first moon pregnant. However, those who are older have far more control over their actions and can even walk around on the full moon unchanged. They are not unaffected by the full moon, as they become agitated when under the moon's influence and still feel the strong desire to mate and hunt.

Abilities: Quick Healing; Inhuman Speed and Strength; Ability to Speak to Animals; Shifting; Heightened Senses of Smell, Hearing, Taste, and the Preternatural; Elongated life.

Weaknesses: Silver; Being Beheaded.

Fun facts: While werewolves heal quickly, they aren't completely immortal. Loss of limb is still loss of limb. If you cut out a were's heart, they will still die. Good luck getting that close though.
Fae

General Information: Faries exist in the form of the Fae. Fae take many forms with a height range from two inches to six feet tall. They tend to live in their own dimension, one that overlaps our own plane of existence with sections that meet our dimension being graced with what have been dubbed "Faerie Circles". Not much else is known for certain about Fae except they hate cities and over industrialized areas, and they can never tell a lie.

Fae Holidays: Fae love to party. They also love to party with humans. About half of reported events on the Summer Solstice are dismissed by humans as hallucinations when in reality they had partaken in the revelry of the Fae after stumbling across the worlds. The Summer Solstice happens to be a time when our planes of existence are most intertwined, making it more likely that humans stumble into Faerie Circles that sprout up. And no one really wants, or can for that matter, pass up a party with the Fae.

Abilities: Shapeshifting; Inhuman Speed and Agility; Always stronger than average humans of the same build; Glamour; Flight; Magic; Fast Healing; Immortality; Tongues.

Weaknesses: Iron; Smog/Industrial Run off; Shiny Objects (as a distraction); Witch Hazel (to break their magic); They cannot tell a lie; Their word is their bond.

Fun Facts: Summer Solstice is a day of revelry for all of the Fair Folk... it's also the day that most half Fae tend to be conceived as it's the highest point of human interaction.

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on November 01, 2014, 05:05:29 AM
1. Do you allow player characters to have evil alignments or must they be more or less team players who are on the same side and with good intentions?

I would prefer every one come into this story with fairly normal characters with fairly normal intentions of fully participating in a government study. That being said, things are going to happen. Lots of things are going to happen. Your characters might be encouraged to try things they've never thought of before. And well.... we know what can happen when people go on power trips. They can sometimes get a little nutty. ;)

Quote from: Tainted
2. Is this played as a group game where all characters interact with one another, or is it structured differently?

Everyone is intended to interact with one another. Hell, some of you guys might meet on the plane (since government laziness dictates that people coming from say San Francisco will all be flying from the same airport at the same time on the same day in the same row most likely. Depending on how big this gets this will be a "group" of the participants who go to the same portions of the studies at the same time. And there will be other "groups" of NPC characters to fill in any lacking female, male, or other character interactions. Of course, not everyone has to interact with everyone. But everyone will likely be affected by everyone at certain points.

3. Are your role plays typically more game-oriented like DnD or more story-oriented like collaborative writing?

Story-oriented, always. DnD styled games bore me to be honest. >.> As such, since this is collaborative writing, I will prefer that everyone gets along and can write together.

4. Are you looking for a long term commitment, or does the duration of each player vary?

I would prefer a long term commitment. However, if anyone finds themselves getting bored for any reason I have a few easy outs that I will be giving them.

When are we planning on getting started?

Well good question. I will start once I get a good amount of character sheets in, at minimum a week from now.

Can characters be added in once we get started?

Yes!

Can I have more than one character?

Yes, though I will limit it to two.

What year will this RP take place?

2015, though I'm still working out the exact when.

Can I have a form of Psionics?

Yes and no. No, not right now but if you have something in mind you can always send me an idea of what you want and we can figure it out. For now, we're keeping things to sensory/sight abilities. Using these abilities to interact with the outside world may or may not be part of the plot. ;)

Rogue

Rules of the Clinic

~ The actions of your characters have consequences. If you blow up a building, expect to have various government agencies and military come down on your ass. If you kill a nurse, expect to be at the very least locked away until put in jail (if not killed out right). Etc.

~Don't poke others for posts. That's my job as GM. If you feel someone is taking "too long" come to me about it. I will make that decision.

~No godmodding or metagaming. 

~Respect players O/Os at all times.

~No petty OOC drama. IC fights are fine, and expected to happen. But players bickering among each other in the OOC threads just creates a stressful and tense atmosphere. If you have a problem with another player, message me.

~GMs word is law.

~At least read The Oath of Drake..

Character Sheet
BASICS

Name:
Sex:
Sexuality:
Age/DOB:
Education:
Hobbies:

Appearance
Hair:
Eyes:
Height:
Physical Description:
Distinguishing Features:
Character Model:

Indepth

Abilities and Skills: (Could be making a really good pie, could be premonitions or their ability to see/feel ghosts. Everyone's good at something. What's your character good at?)

Personality: (At least a Paragraph)

History: (At least two paragraphs, preferably more; Include a link to the Preternatural)

Connections: (Family/Friends/Etc)

Dislikes: (non-sexual)
Fears or Phobias: (Can be personal fears or something like spiders)
O/Os: (Link to player's O/Os as well as a small blurb about the character's O/Os because not everyone is a kinkster.)

Code for Character Sheet
[center][size=14pt][u]BASICS[/u][/size][/center]
[float=right][center][img height=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Preferred Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age/DOB:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Hobbies:[/b]

[center][size=14pt][u]Appearance[/u][/size][/center]
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Physical Description[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features[/b]:
[b]Character Model[/b]:

[center][size=14pt][u]Indepth[/u][/size][/center]

[b]Abilities and Skills:[/b] (Could be making a really good pie, could be premonitions or their ability to see/feel ghosts. Everyone's good at something. What's your character good at?)

[b]Personality:[/b] (At least a Paragraph)

[b]History:[/b] (At least two paragraphs, preferably more; Include a link to the Preternatural)

[b]Connections[/b]: (Family/Friends/Etc)

[b]Likes[/b]: (non-sexual)
[b]Dislikes[/b]: (non-sexual)
[b]Fears or Phobias[/b]: (Can be personal fears or something like spiders)
[b]O/Os[/b]: (Link to player's O/Os as well as a small blurb about the character's O/Os because not everyone is a kinkster.)

Code (The Tag we will be using) Select
[float=left][img padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]: [url=Character Sheet Link]Character Name[/url]
[b]Date|Time[/b]:
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tagging[/b]:
[b]Content[/b]:
[hr]

Rogue

Ritsu

Rogue

wander

I would usually come in as a Fae for a game when it offers the choice... But I have a Vamp character I think would totally fit for this and I'd love to get involved in this concept... :)

Rogue

Wander, please re-read the first post. All PCs are going to be humans.

Sparrowhawke

Rogue

Styx26

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

TaintedAndDelish

Ooh... I'm curious about this.

Miss Rogue, may I ask a few questions?

1. Do you allow player characters to have evil alignments or must they be more or less team players who are on the same side and with good intentions? (I have a little soft spot in my heart for the twisted and broken characters.)

2. Is this played as a group game where all characters interact with one another, or is it structured differently?

3. Are your role plays typically more game-oriented like DnD or more story-oriented like collaborative writing?

4. Are you looking for a long term commitment, or does the duration of each player vary?

Thank you Miss Rogue, and good luck with your endeavour.

Sincerely,
Taint

NIX ATO PENT

Devilyn Sydhe

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rogue

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on November 01, 2014, 05:05:29 AM
Miss Rogue, may I ask a few questions?

1. Do you allow player characters to have evil alignments or must they be more or less team players who are on the same side and with good intentions? (I have a little soft spot in my heart for the twisted and broken characters.)

I would prefer every one come into this story with fairly normal characters with fairly normal intentions of fully participating in a government study. That being said, things are going to happen. Lots of things are going to happen. Your characters might be encouraged to try things they've never thought of before. And well.... we know what can happen when people go on power trips. They can sometimes get a little nutty. ;)

Everyone is intended to interact with one another. Hell, some of you guys might meet on the plane (since government laziness dictates that people coming from say San Francisco will all be flying from the same airport at the same time on the same day in the same row most likely. Depending on how big this gets (which omg... did not expect so much when nano just started 9hrs ago....) this will be a "group" of the participants who go to the same portions of the studies at the same time. And there will be other "groups" of NPC characters to fill in any lacking female, male, or other character interactions. Of course, not everyone has to interact with everyone. But everyone will likely be affected by everyone at certain points.

Story-oriented, always. DnD styled games bore me to be honest. >.> As such, since this is collaborative writing, I will prefer that everyone gets along and can write together.

I would prefer a long term commitment. However, if anyone finds themselves getting bored for any reason I have a few easy outs that I will be giving them.

Thank you Miss Rogue, and good luck with your endeavour.

Sincerely,
Taint

NIX ATO PENT

Not a problem and thank you. I might actually use these questions. :)

On another note, I'm going to be checking in on my phone for the most part today until tomorrow night to answer any questions. Ritsu will likely be able to answer most questions on my behalf since she's got easy access to both me and a computer where as I will not have access to a computer. >.<

I will also likely be putting up a character sheet sometime tomorrow.

and now it's off to work!

~Rogue

wander

D'oh, I kind of skimmed that paragraph saying the characters would be humans! I am still interested though, if you can excuse my prior skim-reading!

rou

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Rogue

Quote from: wander on November 01, 2014, 03:09:48 PM
D'oh, I kind of skimmed that paragraph saying the characters would be humans! I am still interested though, if you can excuse my prior skim-reading!

It happens Hun. Though that was quite amusing to get as the first not expected response.

Quote from: roulette on November 01, 2014, 04:00:38 PM
-bookmarks- Ohhh am I excited. (:

*giggles and huggles Rou*

Cherri Tart

It's been ages since I've done this kind of writing (over 4 years) - that said, I am seriously giving thought to getting back into one or two stories/games, and this one sounds intriguing. If you're interested in taking me on, I'd be interested into putting my brain into developing a character to play/write. For the record, I'm a pretty decent writer. :) Let me know, either way. Thanks.

Cherri
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Rogue

Quote from: Cherri Tart on November 01, 2014, 09:15:00 PM
It's been ages since I've done this kind of writing (over 4 years) - that said, I am seriously giving thought to getting back into one or two stories/games, and this one sounds intriguing. If you're interested in taking me on, I'd be interested into putting my brain into developing a character to play/write. For the record, I'm a pretty decent writer. :) Let me know, either way. Thanks.

Cherri

*grins* I'm glad to have caught your interest Cherri.

Basically, the way it's going to work is I'm going to take applications on a case by case basis based on the character sheet submitted (once I get a character sheet up and going). I won't judge based on hiatus and such. >.<

Cherri Tart

Thanks very much - It sounds like something I can sink my teeth into and I am already having fun with fleshing out ideas in my head. *hugs* :)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Rogue

Alright guys! Sheet's up! Now I've got to go to work.

Edit: Apparently it was mentioned that I should probably mention that the sheets should be SENT to me not posted in thread. Things get lost in here. Things usually don't go missing in my PM box.....usually....

Rogue

As promised, face claim thread is up.

Also, I will likely add any questions I find important to my "FAQ" and if asked in here I will quote you. :)

Night all.