Orc Warlords of Faerun (3.5 heavily houseruled DnD player interest check)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, June 12, 2015, 01:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopeFox

Those are some very scary ladies. I don't think my war boy will be able to match up to them! Also, I suddenly regret being related to the character who is all about awesome sex. :)
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Kunoichi

Quote from: HopeFox on July 14, 2015, 05:17:48 AM
Those are some very scary ladies. I don't think my war boy will be able to match up to them! Also, I suddenly regret being related to the character who is all about awesome sex. :)

Your mother's culture has no taboo against incest. ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HopeFox on July 14, 2015, 05:17:48 AM

Perhaps you got this sort scenes with her instead :P.

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 14, 2015, 05:26:44 AM

That's also correct. Albeit inbreeding is not good thing but sex is another matter.

HopeFox

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 14, 2015, 05:26:44 AM

Tempting... I do have a perfectly good wife for that sort of thing, though, not to mention slaves. But we shall see...

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 14, 2015, 05:28:24 AM
Perhaps you got this sort scenes with her instead :P.

Oh, all the time, I'm sure! If there wasn't a strange man in the house at all hours, I'd be worried if Mother were ill or something...

Summer

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=272660

Turned my God Queen into the cohort, which I think she would be better suited towards.

Scout 12 | Spirit Shaman 7 / Consecrated Harrier 5.

She's the type that gets sent after you if you *really* piss off the Holy Order of Osiris, tracking you to the ends of the earth before meting out judgment.

She's a melee scout that emphasizes fluidity of movement, finding her target and then harrying them to death, striking at them before ducking out of range of reprisal (or, against mages / rangers, sticking closely to them). Her ability to find "problems" is emphasized further through her Spirit Shaman levels, which makes her a suited foe against the unliving, as well.

The only question I really have is whether or not Exalted Deeds is allowed so that I may pick up Intuitive Strike (which replaces strength with wisdom on attack rolls with simple weapons); if not, I'll just pick up Weapon Finesse. Beyond that, I have to start working on my God King (which will be less subterfuge and more leadership oriented) and figure out items for both.

A small point of interest to me... Scout gets Trapfinding but doesn't naturally get Disable Device. Can find traps well enough, but can't actually do too much to them beyond that. xD
My on's and off's

Currently refraining from accepting roleplay partners while I consolidate/prepare for some that are starting up. I do not want to accidentally neglect a roleplay for being overzealous.

Zaer Darkwail

Exalted Deeds is allowed source, also scout gets disable device class skill (it was actual web errated by WotC).

Summer

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 14, 2015, 08:06:06 AM
Exalted Deeds is allowed source, also scout gets disable device class skill (it was actual web errated by WotC).

Ahah! Interesting to see that that was errata'd, though it does little to actually change my character's spread.
My on's and off's

Currently refraining from accepting roleplay partners while I consolidate/prepare for some that are starting up. I do not want to accidentally neglect a roleplay for being overzealous.

Zaer Darkwail

As hint for any Mulhorandi/Unther chars; check Glorious Servitor (7 level PrC) from Ancient empires of Faerun splatbook. I rule that PrC provides CL progression in all levels expect in 1st, 5th and 7th (so it adds +5 CL for divine spellcasting purposes). Also that in 7th level divine transformation allows to take 'hybrid' form instead fully animal form what is given first level (like a were creature but you use normal humanoid form but get all perks of given to animal form in hybrid form and get natural attacks and mobility/attack options like a were creature).

HopeFox

Okay, here's what I've got! I've been on my laptop while travelling for work, so I don't have my books. I will fill in spells, some missing equipment, and pictures when I get home.

Lugash the Conqueror
Lugash the Conqueror
Race: Mountain orc (native outsider)
Class/Level: Knight 7 | Favoured soul 7
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Ability Scores
STR: 21/+5 (23/+6 with Gauntlets of Ogre Power) (+1 level-up)
DEX: 12/+1
CON: 14/+2
INT: 12/+1
WIS: 10/0
CHA: 15/+2 (17/+3 with Cloak of Charisma +2) (+1 level-up)
Leadership Score: 12 + Reputation bonuses (level 7, +3 Charisma, +2 knight special ability)

Init: +1
BAB: +7/+2
Subjugation (+1 long sword): Melee +15/+10, 1d8+9 damage, 19-20/x2 crit
Masterwork composite longbow (Str bonus +6): Ranged +9/+4, 1d8+6 damage, x3 crit, 110' range increment

AC: 24 (10 + 1 Dex + 10 Armor + 3 shield) (touch 14, flat-footed 23)
HP: 105

Skills: Concentration +7, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +13, Spellcraft +6

Feats: Kiai Shout, Shield Specialization (heavy shield), Shield Ward, Intimidating Strike, Weapon Focus (longsword), Improved Toughness, Somatic Weaponry, Heavy Armor Optimization, Leadership, Weapon Specialization (longsword)

Saves
Fort: +7 (Base +5, +2 Con)
Ref:  +6 (Base +5, +1 Dex)
Will: +6 (Base +5, +0 Wis, +1 morale)

Resistances: Fire 10

Spells

Spells per day: 6/7/7/5. Save DC 10 + spell level. Replenished by praying at dusk.
0: Create water, detect magic, detect poison, guidance, purify food and drink, read magic, summon holy symbol
1: Cure light wounds, divine favour, protection from good, remove fear, shield of faith, stupor
2: Divine presence, enthrall, resounding voice, zone of truth
3: Create food and water, insignia of healing, insignia of warding

Class Abilities

Proficiencies: All simple and martial weapons, light, medium and heavy armour, shields other than tower shields

Knight's challenge 6/day (Ex): Lugash can issue a challenge five times per day, for either of the following two effects:

Fighting challenge: Lugash challenges an opponent as a swift action. For the next 7 rounds, he gains a +2 morale bonus on attack and damage rolls against the target, who must have Intelligence 5 or greater, comprehend at least one language, and have CR at least 5. If this foe brings him to 0 hp, he loses two daily uses of the knight's challenge.

Test of mettle (Ex): Lugash challenges all opponents wthin 100' who have Intelligence 5 or greater, comprehend a language, and have CR at least 5. All of these opponents who fail a DC 16 Will save must attack him in preference to other opponents. If one of these opponents reduces him to 0 hp, he gains one daily use of the knight's challenge ability.

Block +1 (Ex): Lugash can designate one foe, and his shield bonus to AC increases by 1 against that foe's attacks.

Bulwark of defence (Ex): If an opponent begins his action in a square that Lugash threatens, he treats all squares in Lugash's threatened area as difficult terrain for that turn.

Armor mastery (medium) (Ex): Lugash takes no speed penalty for wearing medium armour.

Vigilant defender (Ex): All attempts to use the Tumble skill to move through Lugash's square or his threatened area without incurring an attack opportunity are at +7 DC.

Shield ally (Ex): As an immediate action, Lugash can transfer half of the damage that an adjacent ally would take from a melee or ranged attack to himself.

Touched by the divine (Ex): Lugash is considered a native outsider, as a result of his connection to Ilneval.

Equipment

"Subjugation": +1 long sword with wand chamber: 2315 gp.
Masterwork heavy steel shield: 170 gp.
+1 full plate with sanctified, signature crest: 2750 gp.
Masterwork composite longbow, +6 Strength bonus: 1000 gp.
Gauntlets of ogre power: 4000 gp.
Cloak of charisma +2: 4000 gp.
Medal of steadfast honor: 1500 gp.
Least crystal of return: 300 gp.
Wand of cure light wounds, 50 charges: 750 gp.
Insignia of the Bloody Chains x 123. Total cost 1230 gp. Foci for the Insignia of Healing and Insignia of Warding spells. This is a steel collar that every member of the Warband wears. His workers' collars have five bloody chain links hanging from them, his soldiers' have four, and his cohorts' have three. His collar bears two links, symbolizing his submission to Razura and Ilneval.

Wealth: 985/19,000 GP

Appearance and background
Lugash is the son of Razura, the Avatar of the Cave Mother, and an as yet unknown mountain orc father. He is a hulking brute of an orc, easily over seven feet tall, with muscles like a rhinoceros. He carries himself with an overwhelming confidence that he can defeat any foe and overcome any obstacle.

He is handsome in the way that mighty warriors are often handsome, with a face and body that promise a wild night should one submit willingly to his embrace.

Lugash's defining feature is his ambition. He looks upon the plans of the orcish warchiefs, even his mother, and knows that with their strength, they could do much more if they would only embrace discipline as he has. His warband is small yet, but he plans and prays for the day when he can turn it into a mighty empire.

The Warband of Bloody Chains

Followers
1st - 120

Combatants:
36 foot soldiers. Mountain orc warrior 2. Str 19, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 10. Intimidate +5. Masterwork longsword, masterwork full plate, heavy steel shield, Insignia of the Bloody Chains. Weapon Focus (longsword).
Reserve:
24 guardians. Mountain orc ranger 1. Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 6. Craft: Trapmaking +4, Hide +6, Listen +7, Move Silently +6, Spot +7, Survival +6. Masterwork studded leather armour, masterwork composite longbow (+2 str bonus), longsword, Insignia of the Bloody Chains. Alertness. Favoured enemy: humans.
Non-combatants:
60 workers. Mountain orc expert 2. Str 12, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 11. Craft or Profession +11, two supporting skills at 5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +7, Intimidate +7, Survival +6. Masterwork studded leather armour, masterwork dagger, masterwork tools. Skill Focus (Craft or Profession).

Cohorts

Betharra
Female grey orc cleric of Luthic 3 / Geomancer 3 | Wizard 5 / Divine Oracle 1
Lawful evil

STR: 10
DEX: 10
CON: 14
INT: 15
WIS: 19
CHA: 14

Skills: Diplomacy +15, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (nature) +11, Knowledge (religion) +14, Spellcraft +10

Feats: Skill Focus: Knowledge (religion), Scribe Scroll, Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Magical Artisan: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Stunning Fist

Class features:

Rebuke undead 5/day
Domains: Family, Healing, Oracle
Familiar (viper)
Spell Versatility 1
Drift 1, 1, 2
Ley lines +1 (mountain)
Scry bonus

AC 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10
HP: 56
Fort +10, Ref +3, Will +12

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)

Unarmed strike +3 melee, damage 1d6, x2 crit

Equipment: Spellbook, Insignia of Bloody Chains.

Wealth: 5585/5600 gp.

Appearance and background: Betharra is Lugash's wife and cousin, by a sister of Razura. She wears no clothing and carries very little equipment, preferring to show off her beauty and fertility, and to make her many pregnancies more obvious. This is also a sign of devotion to Luthic and to Lugash, and a sign of both his power and hers that nobody else dares to touch her. Her body is covered in thin, downy grey fur like a bat's, and she has a tail like a puma's. In spite of her hulking orcish build, she is as comely as a dryad.

Rendar
Male grey orc ranger 6 | Rogue 5 / Assassin 1
Lawful evil

STR: 18
DEX: 17
CON: 10
INT: 15
WIS: 16
CHA: 8

Skills: Climb +13, Disguise +8, Hide +12, Jump +15, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Search +7, Spot +12, Survival +12, Tumble +14

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Track, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Able Sniper, Far Shot, Endurance

AC: 18 (10 + 5 armor + 3 Dex)
HP: 48

Class features:

Favored enemies (humans +4, elves +2)
Wild empathy +4
Animal companion
Sneak attack +4d6
Trapfinding
Evasion
Trap sense +1
Uncanny dodge
Death attack
Poison use

Equipment:

+1 composite longbow (+4 Str bonus): 2800 gp.
+1 mithral chain shirt: 2100 gp.
Masterwork longsword: 315 gp.

Wealth: 385/5,600 gp.

Appearance and background: Rendar is Lugash's brother, sired on Razura by a gray orc father. He is quiet and brooding, but given to great bursts of ferocity and brutality when his anger, lust or loyalty is aroused.

Zaer Darkwail

Just to remind rule which I forgot mention in first post; cohorts which have crafting feats can craft only for themselves in char generation (but once game starts you can assign them to craft/enchant stuff for you). Also in start of the game you do not have human 'slaves' as this is very start of the orc campaign (your potential slaves if any are other orcs from lesser clans/tribes which were conquered and subjugated under your reign).

HopeFox

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 14, 2015, 09:42:11 AM
Just to remind rule which I forgot mention in first post; cohorts which have crafting feats can craft only for themselves in char generation (but once game starts you can assign them to craft/enchant stuff for you). Also in start of the game you do not have human 'slaves' as this is very start of the orc campaign (your potential slaves if any are other orcs from lesser clans/tribes which were conquered and subjugated under your reign).

Okay, that'll change my starting gear quite a bit, but that's okay. I've edited my sheet to fit that in now.

PaleEnchantress

I think I planned out my classes now. I did want Insidious Corrupter at first but it doesn't get anything cool for many levels, then was trying to work in Recaster but saw that limited how far I could start in the reflavored Hathran sooo. . .

Path 1 -  Archivist 6/Divine Oracle 1/Hathran 6/Contemplative 1
Path 2 - Medusa 7/Cloistered Cleric 1/Shadow Adept 1/Paladin of Tyrrany 3/Heirophant 2

Flavor requirements for prestige classes removed. Namely, alignment, region, region skill, and deity for Hathran. Hathran still requires the feat tax with Ethran but we pretend Ethran is called something like "Theurgic Focus"
- Hathrans Leadership bonus made generic rather than specific. Has no effect anyway due to already being able to attract a max level cohort.
- Rashemi Spirit Magic changed to "Divine Right" - Effect is the exact same except it works when Set/Lamia is in her Holy City rather than Rashemen.  Otherwise Identical
- Awe of the Wychlaran affects those from Mulhorand rather then Rasheman. Otherwise Identical

Shadow Adept and Heirophant just add their class features rather then caster levels since the other side already does that, so no double advancement is taking place here.

- Finally, I am correct that the God Queen herself doesn't gain the effects of the chosen Perks and Drawbacks? (Like no +2 to physical stats, and no -2 to will saves from insanity) 

Character sheet isn't finished but here is the link - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=275775

OH! Are we allowed to take a flaw or two for bonus feats?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

I remember I allowed single flaw for Kunoichi so let's stick with one flaw max :P. Anycase the Hathran reflavor is okay (I would say Rashemi Spirit Magic applies to sacred grounds of Mulhorand territory). Although how you qualify for shadow adept with just 1 level as cloistered cleric (assuming hierophant adds features to archivist side)? If you want lore feature, easiest (and cheapest) is to enter paragnostic apostle class (it gives double of your PrC+other classes with lore calculations, I have got 7th level char with +25 lore check thanks to that). Anycase correct that any perks nor drawbacks apply to warchief/god king/archmages. Only followers, champions (7th level PC's serving you) and cohorts.

ererruz

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 14, 2015, 05:39:50 PM
I remember I allowed single flaw for Kunoichi so let's stick with one flaw max :P. Anycase the Hathran reflavor is okay (I would say Rashemi Spirit Magic applies to sacred grounds of Mulhorand territory). Although how you qualify for shadow adept with just 1 level as cloistered cleric (assuming hierophant adds features to archivist side)? If you want lore feature, easiest (and cheapest) is to enter paragnostic apostle class (it gives double of your PrC+other classes with lore calculations, I have got 7th level char with +25 lore check thanks to that). Anycase correct that any perks nor drawbacks apply to warchief/god king/archmages. Only followers, champions (7th level PC's serving you) and cohorts.

I'd wager Cloistered Cleric's there for turn undead as fuel for DMM.

eternaldarkness

Wanted: Mighty champions and stout soldiers to do battle for the glory of Unther. Must be willing and able to treat with horrible entities and wield unholy arcane powers from planes mortals were not meant to tread.

Interested parties should inquire with Voidcaller Orro at the Black Crucible between sundown and sunrise. A demonstration of your skill will be required, so come prepared.

ererruz

Are Unther required to go arcane or can they also go divine like Mulhorandi as in the lore? For example a God-King of Gilgeam or God-Queen of Tiamat?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 14, 2015, 05:39:50 PM

The one level of cloistered cleric is just there for turn undead, and its nice I get domain, powers too.  Shadow Adept is qualified for with Archivist and advanced neither archivist not cloistered cleric spell progression.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ererruz on July 14, 2015, 06:30:25 PM
Are Unther required to go arcane or can they also go divine like Mulhorandi as in the lore? For example a God-King of Gilgeam or God-Queen of Tiamat?

Those two specific divine types I would allow, as I realized Unther is also heavily divine in origin so you got option go either Gilgeam or Tiamat (albeit Tiamat favors also arcanists in form of dragonfire adepts).

Muse

Probably not going too fancy here. 

Kesk Lamar is simply a Ranger/Cleric of Grumsh 14.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PaleEnchantress

I wonder where we will get our level 7 PC minions from. Hope some more show up <3

HopeFox

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on July 15, 2015, 04:14:13 AM
I wonder where we will get our level 7 PC minions from. Hope some more show up <3

Yes, I need competition!

Seriously, though, if anyone is reading this and thinking of signing up, please do! I'd love some more people to play alongside.

Zaer Darkwail

Advertise for friends if any :). Anycase here below comes my GMPC's to each side (they are meant to bring color and that no one is alone in any side in RP wise and some can bring 'support' so to speak or as potential warchiefs for champions to join in). I do plan make charsheets but these in below are concepts to present and hear opinions if any :).

Grumash Goldclaw (warchief)

Grumash Goldclaw (Divine Bard 6/Warchanter 8|Spirit Totem (Lion) Barbarian 14) is warchief of his clan; Golden Claws. The name is appropriate as his clan is wealthiest of all orc clans because his clan lived just atop richest gold mine in orcish home world and have massive mining operation going on. He himself is charismatic and inspiring war leader, however despite his clan traditional follows Gruumsh he has lost his favor to his god because of his 'peaceful' way of life as he has focused more in trading, making pacts and deals than conquered. Despite his personal prowess in battle which should not be underestimated. His clan is filled with skilled craftsmen and they know how produce cheaply armory and weapons, so one reason why other clans haven't attacked him and 'claim' his fortunes is because he is great provider.

Goldclaw perks&drawbacks

Perks

• Valuable Resource: Gold Mine (+20% income)
  • Artisan Culture (skilled non-combatant laborers, +25% income gain)
  • Mass Production (cost to all non-magic gear is reduced by -25%)
Drawbacks

• Spit upon by gods: Gruumsh (have access only to Orc domain)
  • Peaceful culture (have 80% non-combatants, 15% reserve and 5% actual field troops instead)

Solana (god queen)

God Queen Solana (Paladin 7/Glorious Servitor 7|Favored Soul 10/Cloistered Cleric of Re 4/Warlock 1/Eldricth Theurge 9) is chosen of god Re, the leader of the Mulhorand pantheon. She has formed (intimate) pact with her god and she is rare handful women in Re's order and through deeds what she did she was given special blessings which started her career as Glorious Servitor of Re. She very recently ascended and she shed away her mortal form and now even when she does not take form of phoenix feathered bird even in her humanoid form she embraces Re's glory in her hybrid humanoid and avian form. Upon her ascension she has founded her own order of noble knights which guard her nation from threats and serve as judges for every day affairs.

Her order is rightfully so blessed by Re and they all are skilled warriors, but because of her some rough diplomacy and strong emphasis for warriors she has less backers for her order than norm and so much of her own production or acquirement for goods and items is more expensive. So far they have no central order location but rather spread out several small outposts in stragetic locations.

Order of Phoenix Knights perks&drawbacks

Perks

• God's Favor: Re (extra domain: Nobility)
  • Warrior Culture (have non-combatants at 25% and they got martial weapon proficiency)
Drawbacks

• Expensive Production (+25% more cost to armor/weapons base costs and +10% to all other item costs)

Varask Draco the Crimson Destroyer

Varask Draco is a renegade Tiamat champion (Favored Soul of Tiamat 12/Contemplative 2|Dragonfire Adept 14) in Unther, a dangerous rebel. He has founded his own organization which strikes both Mulhorand and Unther forces and he has nothing less than complete dominance and victory over both Unther and Mulhorand. Ambitious, dangerous and charismatic. Sort of combination which would made him ideal champion of Unther if not for the fact he was born slave, abused until his powers awakened and with brutal magical power he broke loose from his masters and Tiamat herself whispering draconic magic secrets to his ear to embrace her powers to wreck havoc.

His organization is called Tiamat's Talon, a organization which is distrusted and thus not many allies but they make up for their skills in arcane and having vast magical treasury on their disposal to arm themselves for battles.

Tiamat's Talon perks&drawbacks

Perks

• Arcane Focus (+1 CL to arcane casting followers/champions/cohorts and +2 concentration checks)
  • Magical Treasury (all followers gain single 1,000gp worth magic item, cohorts/champions get 7,500gp item)
Drawbacks

• Distrusted (-5 diplomacy and everyone starts unfriendly attitude)

eternaldarkness

Looks like Orro is going to be the lone PC representative for Unther. That's cool, he can take on everybody by himself :D

Kolbrandr

I've been looking at this thread on and off inbetween work, was wanting to ask, as far as the third slot for the Mulhorandi god kings, that there's an npc favoured of Re presumably means that god is taken then?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if you want play as god king/queen of Re, go ahead and I just change Solana into follower of Horus instead (or other deity) :). As there is no stats for Re I say he has following profile;

Alignment: LG
Favored animal: Eagle
Deitic Weapon: Sun Rays (bow)
Domains: Nobility, Law, Good, Sun, Healing