News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyell

To not die the second a boss sneezes on you?
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Saerrael

I had 71 k hp today in some instance. I mean.. eh? (yes, buffed)

Lyell

Combat has shifted from what it was in WotLK. It's no longer a DPS race. It's a matter of figuring out and enduring gimmicks. I've never tossed around so much extra healing, cleansing and hand buffs as a ret pally in 5 mans since pre-BC.
When you absolutely, positively have to kill it with fire...accept no substitutes.

Saerrael

Aye, I know. And I'm seeing it, but.. I just feel 71k hp on a priest is a bit much. *shrugs*

Lyell

I disagree. When non-heroic mobs have meteor of all things, room for error becomes a precious commodity.

Saerrael

That I agree with. I did get that meteor on my ass a few times and survived it once I got amg hp.
Do wish more players were aware of longevity being more important this time around then nuking. Would make my life in the Holy part of my priest a lot more relaxed.

Lyell

Suddenly it occurs to me that while not exactly necessary in normal mode, budding heroic romps will come to appreciate careful pulls and CC. Even without having tanked I can tell full pulls are more difficult to manage than they were in Wrath.

Saerrael

There are these groups in (god, let me think, that windy instance...), where there are Adepts that heal like 40-50% of a mob's hpbar back in no time. If you get two and not CC one of them, no amount of dpsing will get the other one down (which also heals himself, of course).

On pulling, if you keep them on the spot they patrol, your magical dps will be useless. Spells will get redirected.

This is a normal instance and only one group.
So, yes, CC and careful pulling is what this will be about, I'm sure.
And.. I really do love that.. Brings so much back to instancing..

Edit : Vortex Pinnacle is the instance I meant there.

Callie Del Noire

Well it had to break some folks of their 'surge' instance outlook. I know some groups I had were scary in their speed. I did Heroic FoS in 7 minutes flat once

Saerrael

I can honestly say I never enjoyed running through an HC like that. Now I actually get to see the instances I'm dpsing/ healing in. Especially when healing >.> 'cause I only looked at the hp/ ailments on speed runs (and, of course, if I was being eaten alive by anything)

Lyell

It's actually starting to feel a lot like the old magic that made classic WoW so engaging is being restored in Cata, while keeping the availibility of content open to everyone instead of just the hardcore fulltime job +overtime worthy players.

I still think it will take a while before Wrath's hardcore audience will be broken of the "worth is measured by DPS/gearscore only," but it's a step in the right direction.

Bentley

I've been reinstalling WoW since last night. The updates are taking forever, but I'm excited. I'll see how long my excitement/interest holds before thinking about Cataclysm.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Bentley on December 22, 2010, 10:43:34 AM
I've been reinstalling WoW since last night. The updates are taking forever, but I'm excited. I'll see how long my excitement/interest holds before thinking about Cataclysm.

There are changes on EVERY level of the game now. From the old zone quest layouts all the way to the new zones and content.

Ryven

So...I'm playing the trial to see the changes.  I'm kinda taken aback by what they've done.  I like it so far and am thinking about resubbing when I have the money.

The only problem?  I have no one to play with yet. ;)

The Golden Touch

Started a Worgen Druid on an RP Server. Maybe it will spark my interest in WoW again.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Serephino

I got Cataclysm for Christmas.  I still haven't decided if I want to play again.  I don't know if my account is even still safe and sound. 

Ryven

Sooooo...I still don't have anyone to play with, and I would really like people to play with.  If there is a group on a particular server that's willing to have me, I'll gladly join.  So far, it's just a solo game for me though.  I'd rather have others to play with.  :(

PM me if anyone is willing to have me as company in game.

Aiden

Josi plays on Thunderhorn-alliance, I rolled a Worgen rogue on that server.

Ryven

>.>

...alliance...  *mutters*  If I must.

Geeklet

I know. Why must all my friends play Alliance? *mutters*

Ryven

The undead will always have a soft spot in my heart.  My first character was undead. :-)

Aiden

Well I play horde on Velen but those are all my high level characters.

If you want we can swap Real ID's but I warn you I abuse the crap out of the broadcast system with my friends.

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on December 29, 2010, 10:31:45 AM
Well I play horde on Velen but those are all my high level characters.

If you want we can swap Real ID's but I warn you I abuse the crap out of the broadcast system with my friends.

Real ID's?

Aiden

A little while back Battle.net introduced the RealID system, think of it as a way to bundle all your blizzard products together.

It ties your wow account to any other blizzard games (you own), Sc2, diablo2, war craft 3 etc

When you friend someone (Like if it is a messenger)
You can see and talk to them cross server/faction and even game, it's pretty awesome.

Geeklet

However, Real IDs do show your full name. Just FYI.