Started by Karasu, May 19, 2012, 07:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

IC Threads and OOC thread are up ^^

Opacare De Nocte
Aurora Lux
The Valley Between and the Town of Myst
OOC and Plot Discussion

This one was thought up by myself and a friend, a kind of what if based off this site here: http://phantomspirit.com/characters.html
I got the thought: "What if this was two opposing schools? Two sides of the same coin, light and dark magics Where the students varied and the teachers were more than what they seemed? What if the light and Dark were not so different or clear to determine? And What if one unlikely group of heroes were all that stood between life and Death?"

So here's my interest/recruitment thread for the Phantom Spirit Magic academies of magic.I would liek to recruit two co GMs for the light and dark houses, they will be the headmaster and my one rule on characters is you can make only 2, and they cannot be at the same academy, they can be Light, Dark, or Neutral.

Athomos rules the magic academy of light, while Malephar rules the Dark Academy, the two sides have warred for centuries, each never relenting or daring to submit to the other, but not all is as they seem in the academies of magic, light is not always so clear, nor is dark truly evil. Spies, sympathizers, and illusions are found everywhere within the two academies.

A valley between both schools is run by elder magic users, those who do not wish to fight anymore or have graduated and not wished to remain at their schools. They stay in the Valley Between

Canon-ish Characters and their main power (Though your welcome to modify it a bit, if you think it makes more sense but explain it to me first)
Note that everything about these characters can be changed, from gender, to name, to power. Just tell me who your replacing in that regard!

Athomos - Earth
Malephar- Darkfire
Emet - Myst
Geniveve - energy
Izzy - Battle
Nathaniel - Dark
Roksana- Seduction
Voltage - Electric
Miras -Illusion
Diamond- Crystal
Elly - Nature
Trixie - Beastial
Farol - Fire
Fenrir - Ice
Zechariah - Holy

Basic Character Sheet:

Name:
Race: (Any welcome)
Magical side: (If making a Hero character, Must be unknown but can Lean to a side)
Magical affinity:
Appearance and description: (Any picture welcome)
Personality:

Backstory :(How did he/she arrive at the academy of their choice? Where they chosen by the headmasters? Were they dropped off their by the parents or a mortal school?)
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Nexus1199

I am going to make a character, but I am curious to know if I may make Voltage into a guy? I have a thing for electricity, if not I will find someone else r make someone.

Karasu

FAQs:
So, there are two sides, the Academy of Light and the Dark Academy. I assume that the Academy is where Hero characters would start whilst the Dark Academy is where the Villain characters start. In the Valley Between, this is where the Neutral characters start. Is this correct?
Actually how your hero starts and where is totally up to you. Your hero could be from the dark academy and still be a chosen hero.. maybe he/she is an anti-hero? Really surprise me with your creativity therein.
The Valley Between is where the Nulls are, these are people with no powers whatsoever, or mild ones that are beneath notice of the academies. Those with any magic would be watched of course, since offspring can be more powerful.

The link that you provided to the characters. Do you want characters based around their powers or is that more for helping to brainstorm some ideas?
That was just a starting seed basically. You are encouraged to deviate from this, just if you wish to use the name of the canon, please tell me so that I can take it off the list of availables ^^

How many heroes and villains do you need as of now?
right now. 1 other hero.. I may bump this up to 2 others (creating 5 total) if I get enough villains and other teachers, students, Nulls, Evil guys, etc.

Does my character have to be a student or can I make a teacher?
Either one you want to! Heroes however are students, this may or may not be changed, but anyone else go for it ^^

Approved Characters

Voltage (Teacher): Played by Nexus1199
Delphi (Ice/Seer Hero): Played by Karasu (GM)
Davian - (Fire/Abjuration Hero) Played by Thrasius

Until other teachers and students are filled, feel free to use other students as NPCs (Teachers can play NPCed Teachers as well.  Or you can ask me to play a partner role for you in whatever scene you like)

Nexus1199

One last stupud question, are you born with your powers or are they from a special ritual/lighting strike/nuclear waste/ a platypus eating you?

Karasu

anything can happen, but yes. you are mostly born with these powers. Gods (Read: GMs) can gift you an extra ability to compliment your own. make a character, and in the backstory, you are free to describe how you might have gotten your power to start with.

NPC list: (Anyone is free to make an NPC, if you make a teacher I will want to see it before you do anything major, a simple PM is perfect)

Character: NPC - Issac
Type/Faction: Battle Teacher/Dark
Age/Gender: 47/Male
Skills/Abilities: Battle/Combat magics
Background: Issac is the father of Elly, the nature teacher. He's a father figure for some of the students under the intermediate level at Opacare De Nocte.  He is often one that the students go to for advice, though some other teachers see this lenient behavior with the children to be incorrect or weak, he has yet to be defeated by anyone save Malephar in the school at his home magic.

Nexus1199

Name:Voltage
Race:Fallen Angel
Magical side:Dark
Magical affinity:Electricity
Personality:Voltage has a very layered personality, the first one being that of a sociopath who does not care for others and has no emotions to express outwards, using this he play into the next one. His second layer is that of a person who deeply cares for others and will do anything to help out those who have breached through the first layer. This layer however is also a ruse to allow him to play his second to last layer, the layer of an individual that has been broken and hurt by life. Using each of these layers with mastery, he manipulates everyone around him, for at his core, he is a manipulative sadist who loves to both humiliate, degrade, and torture any woman that gets in his way. With men his sadistic core is pretty cut and dry, exterminate with extreme prejudice.
Appearance and description:   

Backstory :Voltage was born to a family that was far less than perfect, unlike most people, he spent the first half of his life not in some sort of stable home, but in the back of a station wagon from the nineteen fifties with the distinct musk of sex, hatred and misery. While his parents could not stand each other for the first twelve years of his life, they were addicted to both the vicious and hateful sex as well as the fact neither of them could even dream of affording a divorce lawyer or the court fees divorce court would require. His father being a migrant worker and his mother...well he never figured out what his mother did-the only thing he could recall about his mothers occupation was that in the morning she would come back smelling like when her and his dad wrestle after arguing in the front seats. It was a miracle that the poor boy dressed in clothes that have not been cleaned in several days sweating in the back seat of the wagon managed to learn as much as he did. It was even more of a miracle some sick pedophile did not lure him out and take him elsewhere to do god knows what to him.

On his thirteenth birthday, the tortured and friendless boy watched his father and mother fight for what he would have guessed to be the hundredth time in that many days--knowing how it would end he tried to sleep through the debacle, the moans of his mother and the angry, borderline threatening sounds of his father’s animalistic growls. Feeling the usual hatred to those he was meant to love grow as he is unable to sleep once more, he could feel the car heat up and then in a flash of light, both his mother and father laid one on top of the other with blood and tiny chunks of grey matter leaking out of their eyes and noses. Almost instantaneous with  flash of light and the explosion of the deceaseds’ brains was the loud crash of thunder from the rapid expansion of the air and then the air crashing back into place. His ears ringing from the thunder, his hearing gone for the next couple of days; the now orphaned murderer ran through the orange fields of what ever country his father dragged him to, only stopping to eat and sleep. Never staying in the same place for longer than eight hours  he eventually worked his way up to the border of some countries he did not know, only a mile.

It was within his first three months of living in this new country that he met his adoptive and abusive parents, spending day after day being sexually abused by his stepmother and sisters forming his misogynistic views on the world that would follow him through his rather uneventful years as a college student, getting his bachelor in education with a minor in social studies, the sadistic murderer was swiftly recruited upon education to be the new teacher at  Opacare de Nocte. Spending a year being trained in private to master his own abilities, he officially became the teacher of electricity  on his twenty-third birthday which happens to coincide with the first day of classes. Within his first year, not only did he have the highest pass rate in both classes within the long history of the dignified school but, there were rumors darker than the nature of where he had been employed. These rumors were that he blackmailed and violated both female students and teachers alike.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you want a more detailed history I can make one, but I figured you would not want to read two thousand words on his past.

Karasu

ooh! I love the sheet. Suits a dark teacher of electricity well indeed! Two things though.

One, this game doesn't take place in america, there are no states. It takes place in the land of Phanatal, more of a medieval/semi modern setting.

two, he wouldn't teach Civics, but instead the power he knows best, Electricity.

Other than that it's Perfect ^^

I'm trying to thinkof names for the two magic academies besides just light and dark, so if ya have any ideas feel free to lemme know XD

Karasu

Also note thatI will allow any race you can think of within reason, Fantasy people. Humans are around they are just rarer than others, usually they are enslaved by other races like demons adn such, some are gypsies.
Anthro  wolf would be better here, they are mroe common along with demons (both good and bad), Angels and Fallen.

Magic wise, if your playign an original character, bring me any idea for magic you have but I ask that you explain it out. I need to know:

What it is
What it does
What it could possibly do under a master's control

Karasu

Note! With The chosen Heros of the story! (3-5 total) Your Magical side must be unknown, though you are welcome to say that they lean toward one or the other, as things may change in roleplay, characters develop.

Karasu

The names of the magic academies I chose in Latin Meaning Dawn of light and Dusk of Night. It looked cool XD

Aurora lux - Light Magic Academy
Opacare de Nocte - Dark Magic Academy

And meet Delphi My own shy little hero.

Name: Delphi
Race: Anthro feline
Magical side: Unknown
Magical affinity: Ice/Crystal, Minor: Wind
Special Trait: (Heros only) Seer
Appearence and Description: 
She has Ankle length golden hair and soft amber eyes that always seem to stare at nothing yet everything.  HEr fur is snow white with little black tips on her ears and a scar over her left eye that seems to be a birthmark, or so she claims.
Personality: Delphi is very very shy, an outcast by the other Aurora Lux magic academy students. While she can do Ice she already has a minor and fine control over it, yet in public her shyness takes hold and her magic falters.
Downside: Shyness

Backstory : She was left, abandoned on the doorstep of the Aurora lux magic accademy, but as she grew up she was always an outcast for her strange scar mark over her left eye. Growing up she had always had a problem with shyness, and her Seer abilitiy the other children thought of as strange, odd, for there had been no seer in over a thousand years.

At 12 she has near perfect control of her magic, in private that is, in public around her peers she falters, but once seen in private, it is clear how perfect her control can be, and how strong her potential is.

Now at 17 she has reached the advanced years with power others are still calling Baby level. Her shyness hasn't changed, and her Seer talents are getting stronger. Something is happening and DElphi knows it, but she doesn't know what or why or even when.

Karasu

Still need players guys and gals. I need my heroes and my Villans!

Karasu

I still need teachers, students, heroes, and villains! Come on guys you know you waannnaaa.

Karasu

Muse

This does seem to have some potential... 

I like thematic magic.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Karasu

Karasu

If you want Muse you can go ahead and make a character, Help me get others into this, this can be so awesome!

Thrasius

Commenting to show interest! I will start working on a character sheet ASAP!  ;D

spooky

This looks amusing... I can see this being an amazing idea... Can I play Miras?
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

AidenWhite

I'd like to play a Hero. Are they entirely original? If so let me know, this seems interesting. I have an original character in mind so just let me know.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Karasu

Oh wow so many responses! I'm so happy! ^^

Quote from: Thrasius on June 25, 2012, 01:15:56 PM
Commenting to show interest! I will start working on a character sheet ASAP!  ;D

Yay! Post it when your done ^^

Quote from: spooky on June 25, 2012, 01:48:39 PM
This looks amusing... I can see this being an amazing idea... Can I play Miras?

MAke up the character sheet hun and let's see what ya got ;)

Quote from: AidenWhite on June 25, 2012, 01:53:40 PM
I'd like to play a Hero. Are they entirely original? If so let me know, this seems interesting. I have an original character in mind so just let me know.

Heros are completely original indeed, right now open to two other hero characters (option for two others if the group gets big enough)

you ARE welcome to play more htan one character ^^

Karasu

Muse

I could give this a nibble.  It looks like a good blend of familiar and new experiences. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thrasius

Is the 'Battle' power excelling with a certain type of weapon?

Karasu

Thrasius

Name: Davian

Race: Half-fiend

Academy: Opacare de Nocte

Magical side: Unknown

Magical affinity:  Fire (Major), Abjuration (Minor)

Level: Intermediate

Special Ability: Detect Alignment (After many years of observing, Davian possess the ability to detect wether or not a being is good or evil)

Appearance and description: Davian posses a set of horns as well as a pair of ears, one of which is pierced. His short, shaggy hair is light red with mostly white highlights. Like his hair, his eyes are also red, just a little bit darker.

Personality: Davian is normally very relaxed and doesn't like to make himself the center of attention. He likes to spend a lot of his free time thinking, so he is usually found at the park or really anywhere that isn't busy. Altough he seems antisocial, he loves to talk if you get past his social barrier.

Backstory : Davian was born as a half-fiend. His father was a human while his mother was a tiefling, a very unusual couple, or that's what his dad always told him. His mother left him upon giving birth to him, leaving his dad to take care of him. Davians dad never told him much about his mother. In fact, the only thing he knew about his mother was that she was very beautiful. He never said her name or where she went. He never told him why they were together. Despite all this, Davian never questioned his father.

Other than his mom, Davian had a somewhat normal life growing up in an all human community. Surprisingly, he had no trouble fitting in with the other boys from his neighborhood. Davian had plenty of friends and his dad always had food on the table. At the age of 14, Davian started to show his first signs of his magic abilities. While his dad went out and hunted for dinner, Davian would stay home and try to master his power. However, upon discovering this, the neighborhood parents began telling their kids not to play with him anymore. Davian was heartbroken at first, but he quickly turned furious. Unable to fully control his powers, he accidentally set his house on fire and, along with his father, destroyed everything he loved. The villagers, now seeing him as a monster and a murderer, drove him out of town.

Seeing his potential, the Opacare de Notce academy did not hesitate to approach Davian after the incident. They offered to teach him how to better control his powers as well as making them a lot more powerful. Not knowing who this academy was, Davian was hesitant. Even though he had never met them before, he could feel something that wasn't...right about them. However, this didn't stop Davian. Seeing as his powers are what killed his father, he would do anything to have control over them...

(This is going to be Davians first year at the academy)

(If there is anything that isn't right or you want me to change, let me know)