The Scarlet Moon: A gothic horror Pathfinder adventure (reboot)

Started by Autocad, August 18, 2018, 04:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 20, 2018, 03:22:37 PM
Pretty sure they can't, they get a bunch of immunities, in exchange they can never benefit from healing or morale stuff. ..

That said, aren't Androids 3rd party stuff? Pretty sure it doesn't fit to classy fantasy.. flow *chuckles*
They are Paizo material, the short version is that they are basically humanoids with some construct features, who live for about 100 years, then shut down/die/their soul goes away, then self-revive/reboot/a new soul plugs its self in and you get a whole new person, just with a second hand body. They typically look mostly human, but have tron lines and/or visible circuits in their skin. They are one of the main races in Starfinder.

But Paizo didnt give them alot of development in PF, they exist, we know some fluff about them, but like 90% of the content is 3rd party (Jon Brazer seems to have loved the things).

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 20, 2018, 03:22:37 PM
Pretty sure they can't, they get a bunch of immunities, in exchange they can never benefit from healing or morale stuff. ..

That said, aren't Androids 3rd party stuff? Pretty sure it doesn't fit to classy fantasy.. flow *chuckles*
They first appeared as a playable race in the in the Inner Sea Bestiary, and got expanded on in Iron Gods and a little bit further in People of the Stars.

Iolanna actually started life as Human Ninja, though it was a bit hard to reconcile with my concept of a holy assassin who was looking to find a place in life.  That said, I intended to play her artificial nature as someone who is trying to take a world view on the concepts of life and death (or undeath as the case may be), but I can always switch the race if its too counter-themed to the setting.
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

indarkestknight

If appropriateness to the setting would be an issue and Autocad allows reskinning, you could just as easily use the stats for androids as something akin to frankenstein or a failed attempt at a flesh golem that, due to error on the crafter's part, ended up with free will?

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 20, 2018, 11:43:54 PM
If appropriateness to the setting would be an issue and Autocad allows reskinning, you could just as easily use the stats for androids as something akin to frankenstein or a failed attempt at a flesh golem that, due to error on the crafter's part, ended up with free will?
You know, I actually hadn't thought about it that way, lol.  I like your imagination ;D

Still, I'll see what Auto has to say on the matter, but I'm totally down for that idea!

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, a sentient flesh golem (created by necromancer who was lonely, so thus the enchanced physical figure and sexual traits) would be quite outsider anywhere else than in the city where freakity is normal.

Autocad

Naughty Miss Adventure

indarkestknight

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on August 21, 2018, 12:05:32 AM
You know, I actually hadn't thought about it that way, lol.  I like your imagination ;D

Still, I'll see what Auto has to say on the matter, but I'm totally down for that idea!

Thank you kindly! *blush* even if I did call Frankenstein's monster "Frankenstein" like a pleeb

Now I feel like I should throw a character in the ring. I'm thinking a summoner, accompanied by a grim, black hound... Just need to decide on local vs foreigner...

Callie Del Noire

Hmmmmm one of my first E characters was a courtesan turned gunslinger after a small cult changed her into a monster (tiefling). The GM allowed stunts, so she’d do things like knock down a werewolf, drop a coin on its chest and shoot the coin

Game died after one player, deleted all his posts when he left the game

PhantomPistoleer

Crispin Oldfield
Elven Wizard, ## HP, AC ##, Character Sheet.
A scholar and a gentleman.

WIP.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 20, 2018, 11:43:54 PM

See that sounds oddly kinky. :P

Now I'm wondering if my bard's too tame, there is a bunch of.. spicy options. Eh, it'll be fine, different characters for a varied party *nodnod*

Autocad

A couple hundred years, give or take? Why do you need to know?

Roleplay Frog

Y'know, much as I wanna do the Skald, checking on things we got a dhampir, a robo-gal and if I'm not mistaken the shadow-plane guy is not that good with healing either.
Now, worst case I can always drop a cure wounds on an undead for some suprise damage but its not ideal. hrmnn.

Autocad

So I had a quick look at the android race, and they can't be affected by morale or emotion stuff but there's nothing against positive energy like channel or cure spells. Someone cite the appropriate passage if I'm wrong.

QuoteConstructed: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger’s favored enemy and bane weapons), androids count as both humanoids and constructs. Androids gain a +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects, are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion, and are immune to disease and sleep effects. Androids can never gain morale bonuses, and are immune to fear effects and all emotion-based effects (2 RP.)

As for healing, just make sure someone has a wand of inflict light wounds in addition to cure light wounds. XD

Naughty Miss Adventure

I'm happy to announce that Iolanna is now (with the exception of mundane equipment) complete.

Quote from: Autocad on August 21, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
So I had a quick look at the android race, and they can't be affected by morale or emotion stuff but there's nothing against positive energy like channel or cure spells. Someone cite the appropriate passage if I'm wrong.
I don't remember any particular mention of that; generally, they're supposed to be treated like living beings in regards to positive/negative energy, with the reverse being true for undead androids.

Roleplay Frog

The thing is, I'm a Skald. My emotion effects ARE My healings.

Basically, the build I use is a semi-powerbuildy approach that can transplant my own enduring feats to others, that includes Fast healer. I also transplant my Lesser Celestial totem.

Together, my more defensive song allows people to heal 6 +1/2 constitution mod before the first point of the genuine magical healing even adds on. (I guess that'd even apply to dhampirs if they inflict themselfs)
Later on, aka lvl 10 or so, I can throw in greater Skalds Vigor to give straight out passive fast healing..

but all of that is dependant on a morale effect, the bardic music like Skald rage song.

indarkestknight

Quote from: Autocad on August 21, 2018, 07:35:16 PM
A couple hundred years, give or take? Why do you need to know?

Pondering if a middle-aged half-elf born in Urgasburg but spirited away in his childhood by his psychopomp eidolon is feasible. A prodigal son of Urgasburg, if you will.

Ingexthefuryhunter1

And Actually the Fetchling can made cure potions and does know how to heal wounds through more mundane means, if he so chooses o employ those skills

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on August 21, 2018, 08:02:08 PM
The thing is, I'm a Skald. My emotion effects ARE My healings.

Basically, the build I use is a semi-powerbuildy approach that can transplant my own enduring feats to others, that includes Fast healer. I also transplant my Lesser Celestial totem.

Together, my more defensive song allows people to heal 6 +1/2 constitution mod before the first point of the genuine magical healing even adds on.
Later on, aka lvl 10 or so, I can throw in greater Skalds Vigor to give straight out passive fast healing..

but all of that is dependant on a morale effect, the bardic music like Skald rage song.
Just to throw my pitch in, if this is mostly worry about Ilanna being disadvantaged, I wouldn't worry too much on the healing aspect - healing is a positive energy effect; the morale bonuses are most geared towards those +1, +2, etc bonuses on stats.  So she'd pick up the healing, just not those rage bonuses to ability scores or bonuses attack, damage, skills, saves, etc...

At least, that's how I understand it.  Even if not, its a penalty I'm okay with accepting.

Roleplay Frog

I mean I can still poke people with Cure spells, and all that aside, I'm not playing the full healer role anyway, I like to approach things by making healers that can hold their own.

ReijiTabibito

Wow.  Two Inquisitors already?  GM, if we add a third to that, will that seriously unbalance the party?

Roleplay Frog