Prey and Predator [Anthro/Post Apoc/Sandbox/Extreme/Teaser]

Started by Drake Valentine, May 15, 2015, 02:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Before I begin describing the context of the game, I am going to start off with the rules. These are something I see more important; and keep in mind you are to also abide to the Site’s Rules as well. Failure to comply to rules of the site within my game will result in reporting; failure to comply to my rules will result in a removal from my game. Though I am usually an easy going guy, I will not tolerate any nonsense or BS in my game, if you may feel this is too much or any of the rules are, do not join.

RULES
I. LGBT Friendly.
II. No OOC Drama.
A. Keep your grievances at the door. I will not reject anyone just because they can't get along with another person. I don't expect everyone to get along, there are people I don't particularly like myself, but find a means to work it out either by simply avoiding one another or talking it out in PM. If it ends up falling onto me as 'my problem,' then I will make it 'your' problem for those involved and I can assure you neither parties want that.
B. Causing a scene and fighting OOCly is an immediate kicking offense. End story, I do not want drama in my game and will harshly deal with it if it gets out of hand.
III. Two-Three paragraph minimum posting.
IV. Third Person Narrative.
V. Respect Other Player's O/Os and Preferences
VI. Non-Con and Extremities must be agreed upon by whatever party they are targeting.
VII. No Godmoding, Powerplaying, or Metagaming; without the consensus of who it affects.
VIII. No killing off other players' characters,  unless you have permission from the player of such.
IX. Inform me and others for extended inactivity period. After a month of no announcing of going away, you will be ejected from the game.
X. Problems are to be brought to me or fellow GMs through PM.
XI. Additional Rules and Edits may be added, depending on concerns. An update to such will always be included prior of doing so.
XII. My Word is Law. 

Failure to comply to any of these rules will result in warnings and a removal from the game. Bold roman numerals are immediate bans from my game if not respected. Three warnings and you are kicked out otherwise to everything else. You may or may not be allowed to rejoin depending on severity of offenses that resulted in kicking; if you are allowed to rejoin, if there is a second kicking, don't bother reapplying for a third time.

The year is 1098, H.F.(Humanity’s Fall) life upon Earth is once more reaching its peak prior to the catastrophes that befell the planet in the distant past. The population of today may vaguely recall the events back at that time, a dark age of nuclear war that left the humans on the brink of extinction. Those who survived at that period of time begun to gather and pool their resources as a last effort to save mankind and life on Earth. A valiant effort which would keep them from going extinct like that of former species of a long ago past upon this very planet.

How did the humans persevere? It wasn’t easy at first, for hundreds of years they struggled to reclaim and build off of their fallen technology. They turned to science as a effort to save their race, the same which had doomed their world to begin with. ‘For the better good of the human race,’ they often reassured themselves with their studies through those centuries. They sought ways to populate, ways to increase longevity in not just humans but that of animals as well. If they could increase the lifespans by just a few decades, surely it would broaden their chances of surviving. In time, this form of forbidden manipulation of life will cost them once more and spawn what some may consider abominations and others miracles of life.

455 H.F. the closeness of the goals they wished to achieve were finally arriving. Unfortunately for their lot a mistake was in a batch of vaccines. It was not outright fatal and not everyone received the dosages, but those that did were already cursed with mutation in their blood. Outwardly they appeared fine and seemingly the efforts were a grand success, no one knew better of the devil’s hand in their science that would bring out different creatures through generations to come.

At most, people assumed that the minor changes of appearance were just a side effect and nothing to concern themselves about. A few patches of fur were no worries, but their opinions begun to change from the follow centuries to come. It wasn’t just fur they were concerned for, tails, ears, even bodies of their generations begun to change as well. These creatures still carried similar intelligence as far as the ability to communicate amongst one another went, although there were those that couldn’t take it and fled from the city in turn spreading their affliction as a result to any outside survivors if they were carriers. As for the creatures, life within the city soon grew barbaric and eventually became a living hell for following generations to follow.

Technology itself grew as a relic of the past; although it had obtained its goal, just not in the light the former humans wish of it to. Now in present day 1098 H.F. the city is divided and for the most it is a game of survival of the fittest. There are those who have succumbed fully to their feral instincts and take it upon themselves to seek out prey to indulge themselves in. There are those with still some lingering grasps upon their humanity, trying their hardest to maintain the dream of a civilized society for all. There are those who have taken upon rougher roles of street thugs and gangs, not caring for the entirely of the world’s fate, but that of their immediate own. There are also human remnants that somehow survived this chaos, be they visitors that found themselves in this mutated town or actual citizens from former generations that escaped the vaccine.

Who will you be in this world?

Predator or Prey?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Game Information

Genre:
Alternative-Earth, Future, Post Apocalypse, Dystopia.

Setting:
The game will primary be centered around the ruined city of Last Haven. There will be various areas of the city more favorable to certain types of individuals more than others, although the game is strictly sandbox and players are free to roam about as they please. The city itself is untamed and overgrown with wildlife; providing various sources of water, along with some areas holding fruits and vegetables, whiles others are filled with other predatory and prey natural animals that achieved a sense of longevity from the vaccine that was spread through the city centuries ago. Outwardly it may appear like a paradise to those seeking a better life, a ‘Garden of Eden,’ for the weary wayfarers. Truthfully, in a sense, it still just that, one of the very few cultivated areas upon this Earth that holds its fair share of abundance of food, shelter, and water; but all at a price if one isn’t too careful or lucky.

Territory:
As mentioned, there will be sections of the city that favor groups more than others. Some of these areas will be ‘safe,’ spots where those of civilized faction try to band together and make a living. Others may hold various gangs and thugs who terrorize the other residents of the city. Individuals may also aim to claim parts of the city as territory, although these areas will be small in nature and may not be so favorable of an action if it is a gang section. Neutral grounds will be scattered about as well, although one always runs the risk of encountering feral animals or anthros that make such their hunting grounds.

Slaverly:
Is a thing, although this is not a ‘slave,’ game, there is nothing to say that predators will take special interest in prey and seek to bind them or mark them as their own. There are even individuals who may willing give themselves to predators for in return of protection or ’care.’ This is just the type of end chaotic world this is; however, keep core rules in mind of respect of individual. Do not go around forcing such in game on anyone without their consent.

Technology:
Technology wise, everything is in ruins in the present day timeline of the game. There are no working vehicles, there is no active sources of electricity and fuel. Cellphones do not work nor do cd players, radios, and other useless garbage that should be tossed back from wherever it was discovered. There are some relics of clothing, although for those that live within the city and attempt a civilized route, they also strive for crafting of fabrics but most are of crude designs such as animal skins or loincloths. Weapons are also scarce, some may make use of the random pipes and other objects through the city as a makeshift bludgeon, others may try to sharpen such into lesser bladed or spear tools. Actual blades themselves may be found and used, but anything beyond a traditional kitchen knife is very uncommon and even rarer sharpened. Firearms are also very rare, remnants of them may be discovered, although the chances of one actually working is slim to none. Bottles and other containers can be found to aid in carrying water or supplies. Explosives are a big no, even if some exist no one will have the right mind of how to operate them or use them for that matter.

Currency:
Money is useless in this world, value is often placed more in trade or ‘services,’ to acquire anything if one is struggling to naturally obtain it. The very price of a drink could cost one the clothes off their back, something within their possession, or even something of more primal desires. Essentially it is up to those that live within the city to determine if anything is ‘worth,’ it in the end. Also, not everyone is willing to trade, there are those of the rouge nature that will flat out take what they want and predators who may be more interested in the individual than the items themselves.

Allowed Races:
Anthromorphs
Also known as furries, they are humans who appear fully animal. They come in a wide varies, some possess scales from reptilian origins, others furr from mammals, and then there are those with wings of the avian variety. Often the animal they are usually determines their persona to some extent. There are those who strictly indulge in their animal nature and are deemed ‘feral,’ by standards living as wild as the city itself. There are others that hold onto their humanity and try to find their means of survival without falling prey to the beasts that their brethren have become. Not all of them are expected to get along with one another, some may have natural enemies, some may be intolerable to certain species. It is that same lingering humanity that allows them to be judgmental and defines their characters, less they had turned to a complete feral state of living.

Restricted Races:
Humans
This race will be restricted and I will be enforcing limitations on such as the game is more focused and tailor to anthros. I reserve the right to cut off applicants to a human race at any time of my discretion if they begin to outnumber that of anthros. I’m sure not everyone likes being a furry, that is fine. Drakey has no problems with that whatsoever. I do, however, have a problem when everyone wants to be a human, this is not the setting or focus point of such. 

Denied Races:
Animal People
There is a strict difference between animal people and someone who is anthromorphic. Animal people do not possess all the furry traits of an anthro and I will be making no exceptions of allowing such into this game. The concept is not focused around such and though you may attempt to argue that through generations of mutations maybe they not being ones to mutate fully, I will honestly still wave it off and say no. Truthfully, I do adore animal people, but the game itself is more tailored around the aspects of the changed species of anthros.
Other Fantasy Races
No dragons, no unicorns, no dinosaurs, no demons, no elves, no fae, no mutated fifty foot zombies that can shoot fireballs and poop out legions of sparkling vampires. The only allowed races are basic anthros(creatures of non fantasy breeds as mentioned) and humans.

Content:
The game will be extreme, of course. Warning labels will be enforced in post tags for those that may be offended by any content that they may not wish to read. Everyone is not expected or required to take part in any exterminates within this game and will be respected. Mutual respect is expected should you find any material offensive; you do not have to read it, you do not have to participate in it. What happens in some areas as far as content goes does not dictate the entire game being similar, this is a sandbox RP.   

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Other Material

F.A.Q
Not available till more interest is shown and questions arise.

Interest Check
lockepick
Strangefate

Character Sheets
Coding and information are not available till a solid base of six people show interest in this concept.

Drake Valentine

And open for possible interest. If I need more than two placeholders, something is wrong. ;3

Lockepick

Interested in the general idea enough to voice it and keep an eye out for further details!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: lockepick on May 15, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
Interested in the general idea enough to voice it and keep an eye out for further details!

Thank you for the interest.

I have updated information area, if you or anyone else have inquiries please let me know. Questions are always welcomed for world tailoring and I am sure I often miss some things of importance more than others.

Edit: Also updated core game rules with sub divisions in regards to drama.

Strangefate

I didn't see the ad for this go up but will likely join in if it comes together.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Strangefate on May 19, 2015, 10:47:47 PM
I didn't see the ad for this go up but will likely join in if it comes together.

Hey SF, thanks for interest and I am hoping so once few more people show theirs as well. ^.^

I will add you to list once I get home, on cell at moment and hard to do edits, let alone type on touchscreen.

Drake Valentine

Monthly Bump: As this thread was created May 15, 2015, 02:21:37 AM and it is now June 15, 2015, 02:28:10 AM

Captain Whitebread

I'm curious as to what the difference is between anthros and animal people.  Could you give an example?  I'm interested but I'm not certain that my current character concept fits into the correct category.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on June 21, 2015, 10:45:56 AM
I'm curious as to what the difference is between anthros and animal people.  Could you give an example?  I'm interested but I'm not certain that my current character concept fits into the correct category.

Anthro
Animal Person

Anthros = Full beastly humanoids (full fur, reptilian skin, scales, yada-yada-yada)
Animal People = Partial beastly humanoids, mostly either with tails or still appealing mostly 'human.'

Captain Whitebread

So the difference would be a furry minotaur would be anthro but a minotaur who was essentially a bull headed human would be an animal person?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.