News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Werewolves: New Blood

Started by Valerian, May 25, 2010, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

She should have known that it'd eventually come down to this. Villagers pitting themselves against each other in their own desperate attempts to save themselves. It shook her to the core, the cold-hearted accusations...just how many of them held a flicker of bloodlust hidden in their eyes?

The fingers pointing at her hurt almost as much as the suspicion and mistrust the others were openly showing. Back straight and head high, it was the slight trembling of her chin that gave away her show of bravado. "As much as I'd like to prove my innocence I'm afraid that the only way to do so is the same as our previous attempts. Yet how many of them have been failed?" Her voice quavered lightly before she steeled herself back on track. Nodding curtly to the Potato-man, as if in apology, she finishes softly. "My own vote would be The Unholy Potato for the same reason that his is mine..."

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Valerian

Final voting:

Esoteric Myobi(3) - Moirae, Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(3) - Imogen, Xandi, Esoteric Myobi
Imogen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
Xandi(0)

Predictably, Esoteric's vote put the situation at a draw.  The villagers nervously debated what to do, since no one seemed willing to change their votes.  At last they were forced to let fate decide, and no matter what side anyone was on, they were all united in hoping that chance would be with them.

In other words, time for the dice.  A low roll means Esoteric is lynched; a high roll means The Unholy Potato is the target.

Quote from: dicebot
Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 3,
Total: 3

Over her shrieking protests, Esoteric Myobi is dragged to the rope.  As the noose tightens, her true shape is revealed -- for Esoteric was another of the werewolves.  Perhaps the village would survive after all....

There are 4 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

One left... The thought resounded in (Mad) Moirae's head as clenched her shawl and silver beads tightly around herself and turned to retreat home.  Every light was left on, further crosses nailed to the front door, and even more stakes carved out of what remained of her wooden chair.  There was just one left, but one alone was going to be deadly.  One alone could still claim the village.  She shuddered at the mere thought and did not sleep a wink throughout the night.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Again, there was only quiet relief among the survivors.  No innocent could afford to relax, for one of the creatures still remained.  And the next morning, there was proof that no one was yet safe.  Xandi was dead, another Villager gone, and the situation was growing truly dire.  How could they possibly find the last beast?

• Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress - Guardian, killed by werewolves, Night 4
  • Esoteric Myobi - Werewolf, lynched, Day 5
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius - Werewolf, lynched, Day 4
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 5

There are 3 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

With grim determination,  Remiel set about giving Xandi a proper burial.  After the last mound of dirt was packed into place, he produced a worn, dog-eared bible and began reading the traditional Christian rites.  Splashing the grave with a vial of water that had been blessed by the Pope himself, he nodded to himself, satisfied that Xandi's innocent soul would ascend unto heaven.

The village was mostly deserted now.  Of its original population of thirteen, only four remained:  Moirae, who was clearly mad; Unholy Potato, who was entirely, almost unhealthily, too obsessed with potatoes;  himself, who he would be the first to call...eccentric; and Imogen.  Of the four, she seemed to be the one who was the sanest, the most stable.

He had regained a bit of composure after having been proven right about Esoteric Myobi.  He had been dead wrong about Aiden, but hopefully, by correctly identifying the second of the two werewolves, he had redeemed himself.  For the past few days, he had been furiously taking notes, scribbling down who had voted for whom, and when.  Hopefully, by using the deductive process, he could identify the last cursed creature before it became too late.

Back at his house, he licked the feather-end of his quill, dabbed it in a vial of ink, and wrote in his book:

"The strange man known as the Unholy Potato voted for Lucius Cornelius not once, but twice.  He could have easily voted for Aiden, but did not.  Also, he did vote for Myobi, if only out of a desire to survive.   He is most likely innocent.

I have long suspected Moirae of deception, but she did vote early for Myobi, and did not change her vote.  Also, Lucius Cornelius accused her before he met his end; however, this does not necessarily prove anything.  Knowing he was doomed, he could have attempted to cast aspersions onto her, a tactic known as the Martyr's Gambit.

Imogen...
"  He paused, frowned, and stared at the page.  After a moment, he wrote, "Imogen voted early for Lucius Cornelius, and although she did change her vote to Aiden on day three, she did not on day four. "

He put down his quill, and sighed, glancing at the Prussian pistol with its single silver bullet.  He was no closer now to detecting the identity of the last werewolf than he had been before.  Thus completely nonplussed, he decided to appeal to a higher authority for guidance.

"Our fazzer, whom art in heaven," he prayed. "Hallowed be zy name..."

Imogen

When morning came, Imogen woke up and stared the ceiling. She closed her eyes and pinched her arm. She was alive! Hastily she crawled out of her bed and ran down the stairs of the small cottage. She ran all the way to Remiel's home and had barely reached his front door when word came of Xandi's death. Quietly, she changed her course and met Remiel at the graveyard. She prayed for Xandi, and the others who had been part of what had once been a shangri-la.

"I suspected him before." She said quietly. "But now that Xandi has been murdered and Myobi's guilt has been proven, the Unholy Potato has to be the last one." She hoped she was right... If she were wrong, the results might be disastrous but Moirae had proven her innocence and Remiel... She thought he'd have been smarter if he'd been one of them. It would have been easy for him to avoid the mistakes he'd made... It was a small thing to base her trust on, but there it was.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

"I dizagree," he said, winching his eyes shut and pinching his nose.  "Moirae iz clever.  Very clever.  All otter sings beink equal, I simply do not truzt her."

desert ashes

Who was it?  Remiel?  Imogen?  Potato man?  Again and again Moirae paced her house before she finally emerged once dawn had broken over their village, casting its warm, golden rays over the blood stained homes and earth.  Somehow she'd lived another night.  ... But Xandi had not.  She'd cried, openly, during the burial, and stayed knelt by the ground, whispering softly as if she were perhaps either talking to the (dead) woman -- though, it was more likely the flowers she'd placed in abundance over the grave. 

Finally, hours later, she returned to the village center.  The flowers hadn't been wrong yesterday, why would they be wrong today? "(The Unholy) Potato man."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Current voting:

The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Moirae
Moirae(1) - Remiel
Imogen(0)
Remiel(0)

Yet to vote: The Unholy Potato

There are 3 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Said Potato-man, who had been accused so many times, sighed and nodded at the newest fingers pointed in his direction. "Yes, yes, once again. Honestly, after being right twice, you'd think that I'd be somewhat less suspected. Such idiocy..." He sighed and shook his head. "I simply cannot believe it. The truth is, though I don't care to see you dead, Ms. Moirae, I have no choice but to vote against you if I want to survive a bit longer and see the town saved. I promise you that I am not guilty of any of the nightly deaths, and I would gladly change my vote if you would do so as well, Ms. Moirae."

He cracked an aching set of knuckles and wandered off, his piece said.

Remiel

"Who do you zink iz zer verevolf, Mizter Potato, if not Moirae?" inquired Remiel, before the strange man could toddle off.   Truth be told, he wasn't sure about his own vote, but out of the three, he trusted the mad-woman the least.  However, he had certainly been wrong before.  Aiden's death would likely haunt him for the rest of his life.

Valerian

Final voting:

Moirae(2) - Remiel, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato(2) - Imogen, Moirae
Imogen(0)
Remiel(0)

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d6
Comment: Tie breaker
Result: 2,
Total: 2

Again they could reach no clear agreement, and once more fate had to decide for them.  And so it was that Moirae was taken to the lynching place to meet her end.

Alas, this time fate was against them.  For Moirae was an innocent Villager.  One werewolf and one innocent only remained.  Once more, chance would decide.  Their lives were no longer in their hands...

• Imogen
  • Moirae - Villager, lynched, Day 6
  • Remiel
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 5

There are 2 Villagers and 1 Werewolf.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Once again, it came down to the casting of lots, and it would be Moirae who drew the short straw.  Grimly, Remiel drew his pistol and aimed it at Moirae's heart.  "I take no pleazure in zis, Moirae," he murmured.  "May Gott haf mercy on your soul."

As the smoke cleared from the barrel of the gun, and Moirae's body slumped to the ground, Remiel stared at it in shock.  "I don't...I don't underztand!" he groaned.  "She iz not...iz not...zer verevolf?!?"  Unable to believe it, he fell to his knees, his strength sapped out of him.  "Mein Gott!" he whispered, his voice trembling with horror. "Vut haf I done?!?"

Glancing blankly at Imogen, he put the pistol to his temple, and pulled the trigger, but of course there was no bullet in the firing pipe.   Slowly, he stared up at the Unholy Potato, realizing too late, far too late, that he should have listened to Imogen after all. 

Imogen

Imogen's lips twisted as she watched Moirae being dragged off, tears blurred her eyes. She had supported her since that fateful day they had accused eachother, and to see it end like this was bitter...very bitter.

Instead of watching the shot, she looked intensely at the Unholy Potato. Her spine straight, anger emanated from the small woman's erect posture. Her eyes were stern, unforgiving. "How does it feel to know that yet another has died in your place?" She demanded, her small hands clenched to fists. "Moirae did not deserve this... Xandi knew that, I knew it."

Biting back further words of anger, she turned towards Remiel, meeting his eyes when he lowered the gun.

"This is your fault", she said, quietly. "Tomorrow, you or I may no longer be, but know that I wish you strength and the peace of heaven when time may come."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

There is 1 Villager and 1 Werewolf.

The next day dawned chill and cold, the sun barely managing to penetrate the overhanging clouds.  A glance at the little home of The Unholy Potato would show, too late, that the man had been as innocent as he had always claimed.  The last werewolf had taken the life of one more Villager.

And so, it came down to the final confrontation.  Remiel knew he was not the werewolf, but it was a shock to realize that this left only Imogen as the last of the supernatural killers that had plagued him and his neighbors.  She had deceived him just as she'd deceived the others, and now there was only the two of them left.

With no more need to hide in the shadows, Imogen smiled at him coolly, then shifted forms, transforming in the twinkling of an eye into a huge beast, its teeth gleaming in the faint sunlight.  Slowly, enjoying this last kill, she stepped towards him, certain of his helplessness.

But Remiel wasn't as helpless as he had seemed.  A pistol appeared in his hand, loaded and ready to fire.  A single shot rang out, and the werewolf that had once seemed to be a friend howled in pain and anger.  For that single bullet was of silver, and it sank deep into the creature's flesh, searing its way through.

The monster hunter had little time to rejoice in his victory, however.  Maddened, all too aware that she was dying, the wolf lashed out, giant claws raking across Remiel's torso.  He fell to his knees, then to the ground, blood pooling beneath him.  The next moment, the creature fell as well, growling, hitting the ground with a dull thud.

Then there was no more movement in the little village of Carter's Crossing, until the birds and animals slowly began to return.  At last there was safety in the village.  For now.

• Imogen - Werewolf, killed in the final battle
  • Moirae - Villager, lynched, Day 6
  • Remiel - Villager, killed in the final battle
  • The Unholy Potato - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 7