The Guild of Murder is Recruiting (Elder Scrolls Dark Brotherhood, EX)

Started by Darkness Reigns, July 14, 2016, 03:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nim

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 21, 2016, 05:49:09 PM
I am currently home and replaying Skyrim to perfect a character. :p

So am I... I just created a new woodelf character.

PrincessAriel

Quote from: Nim on August 21, 2016, 07:36:30 PM

So am I... I just created a new woodelf character.
I'm actually trying a Redguard.
I usually don't like characters that are human, but I read somewhere that they don't share blood with other human races. So hey. :3
Plus, I like their bonus to One-Hand and Destruction.

Are Wood elves fun?
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

PrincessAriel

Name: Sorian
Sex: Female
Orientation: Pansexual, female preference
Race: Redguard
Birthsign: The Mage

Physical Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Her eyes are far brighter blue than the picture makes them look. Her lips are purple as well as the war paint.

Personality: Sorian is rather rough around the edges, though, only in looks abd demeanor. She doesn't like coming across that way but given her background, she has to. She can actually be rather kind-hearted, rather forgiving as well, except when it comes to those who did her wrong. She despises the Imperials with a passion and will give any the cold shoulder whether they act kind towards her or not. She knows that some aren't bad, but the vile and ruthless Imperials from her past have tainted her thoughts on the Imperials. (It would take some convincing on the Imperials part for her to begin to like them.) Sorian does what she has to do to survive but she does have her limits; she will not kill a child and she will not kill pregnant women. Period. She is new to having to kill and she does not like it, the act itself makes her feel tainted, evil.. But in this world.. One has to do what one has to do.

Skills: One-Handed, Destruction, Block, Heavy Armor

Backstory: Sorian was born in Skyrim, namely the city of Riften. A harsh place for anyone to be born in. Her father was involved with the thieves guild, for the sake of money, while her mother was a sell-sword. Both were dangerous jobs but keeping their home paid for was no easy task, especially when one had to raise a child. Sorian grew up rowdy, she got into a lot of fights growing up due to her short temper, a temper that was quickly beaten out of her by the Orc and Nord children. On her twelve birthday, she was given her lovely scar by a particularly cruel Orc boy when he pushed her off a bridge, thinking she'd hit the water and merely get wet. Instead she fell onto a boat, smacking the side of her face against an oar, leaving a rather nasty gash. With time it would heal but still she carries the scar right below her left eye.

Sorian's father died while out on a quest for the Thieves Guild the day Sorian turned twenty-three. He had made the mistake of trying to steal from a heavily guarded home, a home that hadn't been on his list. He'd gotten too greedy, Sorian couldn't blame him since they were in desperate need of money, but that greed had gotten him an arrow to the back by an Imperial soldier who'd happened by the back door right as her father slipped through the door he'd just lockpicked. The only thing the Imperials had sent them was a letter, a letter with a fine on it and her father's name. He had built up quite a dept, a dept his family would apparently have to pay. The Imperials knew they couldn't pay, how could they not know, Sorian's father hadn't had but a few hundred gold on him at the time. The Thieves Guild kindly offered to help them, but Sorian's mother, in a fury, would not listen to anyone, instead she did the worst thing possible... She went to the place where her beloved had died, to exact her revenge. It had been months since he had died but she didn't seem to care, someone needed to pay.

Sorian, scared for her mother, had followed her with nothing but an iron sword in hand and her Sparks spell. Sorian was determined to stop her mother, she didn't want to lose her mother too, but she was not as swift as her mother. By the time Sorian reached the scene, her mother was already fighting off three Imperials with her greataxe. Sorian watched in awe as her mother slew an Imperial, knocking him back into a nearby pool of water, then watched her aise her axe to the other two, only to have a steel arrow slice right through her right side. Sorian gave a cry, no longer in her stupor from seeing her mother fight, hen charged forward to help, swinging her sword for a soldiers neck. Surprised by her attack, he did not defend himself; he went down with hardly a sound, but the other melee Imperial was already turning to her. Sorian's mother stopped the man's great sword inches from Sorian's exposed arm with her greataxe, grunting with pain. She made easy work of the man, despite her wound, then yet another arrow hit her and another in quick succession. Sorian found the man and killed him too, but it was far too late, more Imperials were being called upon and her mother wouldn't move from the place than she knelt. She told Sorin to run, to flee. So.. She did. To this day that is her biggest regret, but she knew she wouldn't have been able to save her mother, she knew she'd have parished too if she had stayed...

he night, while she screamed into the woods around her, furious beyond words, unable to sleep, a figure in black robes came to her. Offered her something she never thought she'd find; a place to belong.. It involved killing someone, but she was assured the man deserved what was coming to him. Sorian thought the offer over for a few days, but once she began feeling the clawing of hunger in her belly she knew, she knew she would accept the offer. She in the dead of night, with her stolen imperial pieces of armor and forged steel chest piece, she snuck up to her target's home and cut him down when he was just heading inside for the night after having drank himself stupid in a tavern nearby. She felt no regret killing the man, especially since it was the wife that had done the hiring. He use to beat them black and blue, but no more, he'd never hurt another soul.

Equipment: Steel Armor (fine), Imperial Gauntlets (fine), Imperial Boots (fine), Steel sword, a dozen Potions of Minor Healing, a dozen Potions of Minor Magicka
"Let Me See You

Nim

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 21, 2016, 07:46:29 PM
I'm actually trying a Redguard.
I usually don't like characters that are human, but I read somewhere that they don't share blood with other human races. So hey. :3
Plus, I like their bonus to One-Hand and Destruction.

Are Wood elves fun?

Yeah so far so good.  She's only lvl 4 but I like her so far.

Sorian sounds like an interesting woman.  Should be quite fun to interact with her.

PrincessAriel

Quote from: Nim on August 21, 2016, 09:17:58 PM
Yeah so far so good.  She's only lvl 4 but I like her so far.

Sorian sounds like an interesting woman.  Should be quite fun to interact with her.
Oh! Well thank you! I may tweek her a bit when Im less tired from work.
I actually kind of like the woman I created too. :) I usually only go Dark elf and Khajiit. But when I use Khajiit I never seem to sneak at all. :p
My characters are almost never the sneaky type.
"Let Me See You

Nim

No sneaking?  Hmmm that might it make it a little more difficult when one is trying to be a good assassin.  LOL

PrincessAriel

Yeah. I may have messed up my bonuses in the past with other characters. :p But I still got the job done.
Im careful just.. I wear heavy armor usually so my sneaking never seemed to work. I do sneak a lot to steal though, because the eye tells you when you would be detected. Which is very handy.
"Let Me See You

Nim

Darkness Reigns

Quote from: Nim on August 20, 2016, 09:43:37 PM
Question:  What is your final verdict?  Is my character accepted as she had finally been presented?

The most I'll say right now is that I'm considering it. I don't want to give any definite answers right now; I want to see more character sheets first.

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on August 21, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
No vampires, eh?

No vampires. As stated in the OP, they tend to slow games down to suit their special needs, and it's just best to avoid them. Same for werewolves.

Quote from: PrincessAriel on August 21, 2016, 07:47:04 PM

Name: Sorian
Orientation: Pansexual, female preference
Race: Redguard
Birthsign: The Mage

Physical Appearance:

Her eyes are far brighter blue than the picture makes them look. Her lips are purple as well as the war paint.

Personality: Sorian is rather rough around the edges, though, only in looks abd demeanor. She doesn't like coming across that way but given her background, she has to. She can actually be rather kind-hearted, rather forgiving as well, except when it comes to those who did her wrong. She despises the Imperials with a passion and will give any the cold shoulder whether they act kind towards her or not. She knows that some aren't bad, but the vile and ruthless Imperials from her past have tainted her thoughts on the Imperials. (It would take some convincing on the Imperials part for her to begin to like them.) Sorian does what she has to do to survive but she does have her limits; she will not kill a child and she will not kill pregnant women. Period. She is new to having to kill and she does not like it, the act itself makes her feel tainted, evil.. But in this world.. One has to do what one has to do.

Skills: One-Handed, Destruction, Block, Heavy Armor

Backstory: Sorian was born in Skyrim, namely the city of Riften. A harsh place for anyone to be born in. Her father was involved with the thieves guild, for the sake of money, while her mother was a sell-sword. Both were dangerous jobs but keeping their home paid for was no easy task, especially when one had to raise a child. Sorian grew up rowdy, she got into a lot of fights growing up due to her short temper, a temper that was quickly beaten out of her by the Orc and Nord children. On her twelve birthday, she was given her lovely scar by a particularly cruel Orc boy when he pushed her off a bridge, thinking she'd hit the water and merely get wet. Instead she fell onto a boat, smacking the side of her face against an oar, leaving a rather nasty gash. With time it would heal but still she carries the scar right below her left eye.

Sorian's father died while out on a quest for the Thieves Guild the day Sorian turned twenty-three. He had made the mistake of trying to steal from a heavily guarded home, a home that hadn't been on his list. He'd gotten too greedy, Sorian couldn't blame him since they were in desperate need of money, but that greed had gotten him an arrow to the back by an Imperial soldier who'd happened by the back door right as her father slipped through the door he'd just lockpicked. The only thing the Imperials had sent them was a letter, a letter with a fine on it and her father's name. He had built up quite a dept, a dept his family would apparently have to pay. The Imperials knew they couldn't pay, how could they not know, Sorian's father hadn't had but a few hundred gold on him at the time. The Thieves Guild kindly offered to help them, but Sorian's mother, in a fury, would not listen to anyone, instead she did the worst thing possible... She went to the place where her beloved had died, to exact her revenge. It had been months since he had died but she didn't seem to care, someone needed to pay.

Sorian, scared for her mother, had followed her with nothing but an iron sword in hand and her Sparks spell. Sorian was determined to stop her mother, she didn't want to lose her mother too, but she was not as swift as her mother. By the time Sorian reached the scene, her mother was already fighting off three Imperials with her greataxe. Sorian watched in awe as her mother slew an Imperial, knocking him back into a nearby pool of water, then watched her aise her axe to the other two, only to have a steel arrow slice right through her right side. Sorian gave a cry, no longer in her stupor from seeing her mother fight, hen charged forward to help, swinging her sword for a soldiers neck. Surprised by her attack, he did not defend himself; he went down with hardly a sound, but the other melee Imperial was already turning to her. Sorian's mother stopped the man's great sword inches from Sorian's exposed arm with her greataxe, grunting with pain. She made easy work of the man, despite her wound, then yet another arrow hit her and another in quick succession. Sorian found the man and killed him too, but it was far too late, more Imperials were being called upon and her mother wouldn't move from the place than she knelt. She told Sorin to run, to flee. So.. She did. To this day that is her biggest regret, but she knew she wouldn't have been able to save her mother, she knew she'd have parished too if she had stayed...

he night, while she screamed into the woods around her, furious beyond words, unable to sleep, a figure in black robes came to her. Offered her something she never thought she'd find; a place to belong.. It involved killing someone, but she was assured the man deserved what was coming to him. Sorian thought the offer over for a few days, but once she began feeling the clawing of hunger in her belly she knew, she knew she would accept the offer. She in the dead of night, with her stolen imperial pieces of armor and forged steel chest piece, she snuck up to her target's home and cut him down when he was just heading inside for the night after having drank himself stupid in a tavern nearby. She felt no regret killing the man, especially since it was the wife that had done the hiring. He use to beat them black and blue, but no more, he'd never hurt another soul.

Equipment: Steel Armor (fine), Imperial Gauntlets (fine), Imperial Boots (fine), Steel sword, a dozen Potions of Minor Healing, a dozen Potions of Minor Magicka

An interesting character idea, to be sure. I shall also consider this one. There's a good potential to incorporate something into the story with her, I'll say that much.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to everyone, though; it's been one hell of a week for me. Next week should free up some more time, though, so I'll be able to answer any questions in a (hopefully) timely manner.

Darkness Reigns

Well, my week didn't go as planned, but I'm back now, and hopefully will be around more often. In any case, I have decided to make a separate thread for character sheets, located here. Nim and Ariel, you may post your sheets in there, just so I don't have to look back and forth between threads to review them.

PrincessAriel

"Let Me See You

Oversight

Alright, I'll bite. I've got some other sheets and games I need to write up first, but I already got a concept in mind. Should be able to get it in over the weekend.

If you could shoot me a quick PM detailing the Listener for Skyrim, I'd appreciate it!

Darkness Reigns

I apologize for not being around at all over the past two weeks; things have not been easy for me. Should everything work out in the next few days, however, I should certainly be around more often. I know I've said that in the past, but this time, it's a promise I intend to keep.

Due to my lack of presence, though, I'm extending the deadline to submit character sheets by another week. I also would like to hear from those still interested who haven't submitted a character, if you would be so kind. PMs or in this thread are both fine.

Darkness Reigns

Character applications will be officially closed on Friday, and the game will start shortly thereafter. If I have less than eight characters, I will just start with whoever I have. If I have more, then I will have to choose the ones I like best. If you have any questions about your chraracters, the state of a certain province, etc., now is a good time to start asking.

Ryven

I might be interested if you're still accepting applications, but I'd want to look at what characters you already have so I'm not overlapping too much in skillsets.

Darkness Reigns

Quote from: Ryven on October 07, 2016, 06:26:11 AM
I might be interested if you're still accepting applications, but I'd want to look at what characters you already have so I'm not overlapping too much in skillsets.

All the characters submitted so far are located in this thread right here. If you're worried about any NPCs I'm making for the game, there's no need to worry about that; just make a character you think you'll enjoy playing, and that's all I ask of you. I have at least 20 NPCs planned for the sanctuary itself, but only two of them are actually going to be vital to the story, so if you make one similar to what I have in mind, I can just replace him/her. I don't mind in the slightest if that's the case.

Also, due to unforeseen circumstances at work, I'm going to have to delay the start of the game until Sunday. As such, I'll allow characters to be submitted until midnight on Saturday; this will be my final extension, and I will make the opening post sometime Sunday afternoon or evening.

majisha

:) Hey, I'd be really interested in playing. I love the elder scrolls universe!

Name: Lorhael Rosegrove
Orientation: Straight
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Shadow
Appearance:
Personality: Intensely bubbly, Lorhael appears more akin to a innocent bystander than the assassin at large.
Skills: Alchemy (Heavy Spec), Speachcraft (Heavy Spec), Light Armor (Light Spec), Sneak (Light Spec), One Handed (Very Light Spec)
Backstory:
Lorhael grew up in the slums of Riften. Her mother was never a part of her life. Lorhael's father insisted that she died during childbirth. It was those same gambling habits that forced Lorhael to become an apprentice to the local alchemist. She was learning a useful skill, her father's debts were being payed off, and life was looking for the better.

And by some Black Briar shceme, Lorhael's father took up skooma. The drug changed him to a slaphappy wastrel. Every coin Lorhael made went straight to feed his addiction. It was during one of his stupors that he confessed her mother was probably alive as a slave somewhere, sold to help pay his debts. In rage, Lorhael brewed a potant poison from Jazbay Grapes, Nightshade, and Nirnroot. No one would suspect how a skooma addict died.

She left Riften and traveled as a guest among the Khajiit caravans. Her travels with them greatly improved her academical knowledge, as her travels brought her far more flora than what Rifen alone had to offer. In exchange for these wares, the khajiit gladly taught her the basics of light armory, stealth, and furthered her bartering and people skills.

One night she woke to find herself unable to move, save for her eyes. Lying next to her was a dark figure, staring at her. Lorhael panicked, but found herself quite helpless thanks to the poison running through her body. The figure introduced itself as a "speaker". He calmly explained that a member of the khajiit caravan, Jzart, had an assassination placed on him, and that it was so very convenient that there was already a murderer in the camp. The speaker continued with that if Lorhael killed Jzart, she would be welcome to a new family, one that would be paying her instead of the other way around.

That morning Jzart was found dead, poisoned, and Lorhael was nowhere to be found.

Equipment: Leather Armor, Steel Dagger, various poisons/potions (do I need to specify which?)

Nim

I'm still here waiting around in the background to see if my character is in line with what you have in mind for your story.  Just let me know in a PM.  I'd really love to play in this game if it does get off the ground. 

Darkness Reigns

Quote from: majisha on October 07, 2016, 08:22:15 PM
:) Hey, I'd be really interested in playing. I love the elder scrolls universe!

Name: Lorhael Rosegrove
Orientation: Straight
Race: Breton
Birthsign: The Shadow
Appearance:
Personality: Intensely bubbly, Lorhael appears more akin to a innocent bystander than the assassin at large.
Skills: Alchemy (Heavy Spec), Speachcraft (Heavy Spec), Light Armor (Light Spec), Sneak (Light Spec), One Handed (Very Light Spec)
Backstory:
Lorhael grew up in the slums of Riften. Her mother was never a part of her life. Lorhael's father insisted that she died during childbirth. It was those same gambling habits that forced Lorhael to become an apprentice to the local alchemist. She was learning a useful skill, her father's debts were being payed off, and life was looking for the better.

And by some Black Briar shceme, Lorhael's father took up skooma. The drug changed him to a slaphappy wastrel. Every coin Lorhael made went straight to feed his addiction. It was during one of his stupors that he confessed her mother was probably alive as a slave somewhere, sold to help pay his debts. In rage, Lorhael brewed a potant poison from Jazbay Grapes, Nightshade, and Nirnroot. No one would suspect how a skooma addict died.

She left Riften and traveled as a guest among the Khajiit caravans. Her travels with them greatly improved her academical knowledge, as her travels brought her far more flora than what Rifen alone had to offer. In exchange for these wares, the khajiit gladly taught her the basics of light armory, stealth, and furthered her bartering and people skills.

One night she woke to find herself unable to move, save for her eyes. Lying next to her was a dark figure, staring at her. Lorhael panicked, but found herself quite helpless thanks to the poison running through her body. The figure introduced itself as a "speaker". He calmly explained that a member of the khajiit caravan, Jzart, had an assassination placed on him, and that it was so very convenient that there was already a murderer in the camp. The speaker continued with that if Lorhael killed Jzart, she would be welcome to a new family, one that would be paying her instead of the other way around.

That morning Jzart was found dead, poisoned, and Lorhael was nowhere to be found.

Equipment: Leather Armor, Steel Dagger, various poisons/potions (do I need to specify which?)

This is not quite the thread I had asked for character sheets to be placed, but I suppose I can overlook that.

In any case, I am going to be making the OOC thread for the game soon after this post, then I will PM it to everyone that will have characters in the game. If you don't get the PM, fear not; there may come a time where the guild requires more members.