The Portrait of an Enigma-F lf M-

Started by Verasaille, March 21, 2015, 10:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

This will be based very generally of the book/movie "Portrait of Dorian Gray".

An artist in the sleepy village of Glastonberg makes her living painting portraits. One day when the elderly noble Baron Dubois of the neighboring country of France comes to the town to ask a favor. With him is his very handsome son and heir, Vincent. The elder wants a portrait done of his son. He has heard good things about Madame Rue. He offers her a very nice commission and leaves his son to sit for the portrait.

As she works on preliminary sketches and waits for the light to be just so in her studio, she studies him. He is flawless, deep blue eyes, sculpted cheekbones of a patrician air. A physique to make any woman squirm. He is quiet and unassuming. He does not seem to notice the sidelong glances of desire forming in the artist's eyes. What is he thinking?

Beside her on a table sits an ancient tome of dubious content. She glances at it and a small smile tickles her plain features. All her life she has dreamed of marrying well and settling in the country across the channel. But her features are plain and she hides a generous figure of modest proportions beneath a baggy smock. Her long red hair is tied back or fastened in a tight bun that makes her features even more severe. Yet she is not so much ugly as plain. With a little effort she could look more appealing.

For now she bids the young Vincent to relax. She asks him questions about his life and seeks to get a better understanding of him as a person. He seems bored, as if there is somewhere he would rather be.

But the ancient tome holds a dark secret. Can she convince him to let her give him a gift of almost impossible temptation in return for a life of ease in his fancy castle in France?

PM me if interested. This can go many ways. Let me know if you see anything that you would like to see incorporated into the rp.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Verasaille

This can be set in any Era, from Victorian to modern to some time in the future. It's just a basic story of a lady artist who can offer immortality to the young man if he indulges her cravings for pleasure.

The man will not age as long as the picture is intact. He cannot be injured without healing up within minutes. He will remain young and virile, a magnet for all kinds of pleasures. Will he keep her satisfied or seek his pleasure elsewhere? I would like to see a power struggle and lots of psychological manipulation.

He can marry her to get the spell started, but will he follow through, or will he avoid her so much she has to resort to other means to get his cooperation? Maybe he has a few magic tricks of his own?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.