Possibilities? Light-Exotic.

Started by Arlyn, June 20, 2009, 10:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

I have had a few ideas in mind now... So, here's an edit of this particular request thread.

1. Mid-Sci Fi setting

I've been considering a possible mid-future sci-fi setting.  By 'mid', I mean something that might be only a few hundred years from now: basically, not as 'fantastic' as something like Star Wars or Star Trek might be, but also something where there may be one or two 'fantastic' pieces of technology that make it possible to traverse the universe.  With that in mind, I'm considering Foldships, starships that act a lot like tug boats or stand-alone vessels that can connect with another ship (or several others) and tow them with it through a jump that takes the ship from standard space into Folded Space, which is what is in between two distant points (basically, folding space between the two points).

Simply put, 1 Light Year = 12 hours.  So, to get to Proxima Centauri (4.2 light years from our sun IRL), it would take about 2.1 days.

By this time, the Earth will have been more or less divided even more than it is right now, but the presence of extra-terrestrials (of which there are at least half a dozen known and recognized alien species) has forced the planet to create a simple world-wide cover government.  Though it is vague and more or less useless on earth, it gives the planet a face to the other species that visit it. 

Though several of the species have been friendly, there are two very aggressive species that typically raid for resources, likely a result of over-population while attempting to provide new worlds to send their people to populate.  Unfortunately for all, there are very few hospitable planets that do not already have intelligent life on them, and as soon as one is found, colonists are sent there to claim it for themselves.  Of course, by the time they arrive, there could be others arriving as well.

What I'm looking for is a possibility of a solo RP where we aren't limited to stuff like Star Wars or Star Trek.  Anthro-species, humanoids, non-humanoid, living ships, etc.  Those kinds of things are what I'd like to have involved.  I'd love to RP with someone playing as a humanoid dragon character, or a twi'lek for that matter, but I'm not a whole lot for system games so this would be freeform.

Of course, this may go nicely as a group RP as well... but again, I'm not much for systems, and as a result I'm not that great as a GM at times.

2. Modern-Fantasy (with a pinch of medieval, I think)

Basically, this can go several ways.  What I'm looking for is a 'changing' RP, where a female character is a goddess that is corrupted (or is being corrupted) by something (take that as you will.  Evil in general, evil-sex things, etc, non-sexual related, whatever.  Sex is acceptable and likely, I would think, but not necessarily with the corrupting force).  My character would either be a follower or someone who is somehow linked to the goddess-character, and together they would attempt to either reconcile with the fact that she is changing or attempt to undo the change.  Doing so may allow for time travel, dimension travel, etc in an effort to undo the corruption or to try and find a place where they may live without the corruption spreading somehow.

This could be 1x1, or even group if there are enough interested parties.  If it's one on one, I can attempt to play the corrupting force as well as my own character.  I'm not that great at playing dark/evil characters, however, so don't expect anything that may blow your mind.

3. Naruto setting. Has been taken.

Yet again, I'd like to see what I can do with this kind of setting for an RP.  I'm not looking to RP as a main character or even one of the series characters (honestly, I'd prefer to make my own original character for an RP in such a setting), though you would be welcome to RP as any character you might prefer.  Preferably, a female character would be great (I'm a fan of the Hyuuga clan as well as the Hyouton-using clan).  As for timeline, this can be before, after, or even during the events of the manga/anime, though I'd probably only use the anime/manga as references for scenes and such.

I'd like to try a 1x1 of this, since I doubt I'd do too good keeping up with a group as a GM.  Though, to be honest, I've dabbled in the fanfiction and seem to have a fair number of interested people in the fanfic that I'm writing...

4.  Breath of Fire

Anyone remember this series?  There's five total games, but it's the first three that really count.  Anyway, I'd like to see myself playing as one of the Brood (the Dragon Clan, basically) and wind up RPing with a Wyndian (basically, a winged-human that can fly a bit) sometime in between Breath of Fire 1 and 2.    Exploring a world that was changed by the Dragon Clan war and the various kingdoms in between, even as others begin to build (Windlan and Tunlan, for example, survived.  Prima has been evacuated, most likely.  And Highfort is likely just beginning as a burgeoning castle-town).

Of course, there are more possibilities than just using Windians, such as other Dragon Clan members, the Woren (who are likely just forming into clans of their own), and others.  I would require someone who already knows a bit about the series, or is willing to look 'em up on Wiki or something, so we know where we all stand.

---

That's it for now.

Bitter Sweet

i got two characters that would fit your scenerio. both are pony girls, if your interested but dont have to be used as pony girls.

one is from the future and can turn into a unicorn, the last of her kind she is seeking a way to restore her race. the other is a scifi type character and can turn into a dragon. she is an escaped war experiment and is looking for someone to hide her.

anyways pm me when ya get this if ya interested
Why is a raven like a writing desk.....

Ons_offs||

Arlyn

Also, if you are interested in any of my games/ideas, feel free to IM me on yahoo.  Even if it says I'm not online, I may be simply lurking or invisible.