Mass Effect: Legacy [Interest Thread] - Still Accepting

Started by la dame en noir, March 17, 2015, 03:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

We are still open and accepting. We need 1 or 2 more male characters before we can accept females again however.

Auctor

Hello I am interested this RP. I am looking to create a scientist character would that be something this RP would be interested in?

Juggtacular

We've got a few techs, but no actual scientists yet. Your character would be more than welcome. You could even make Mordin if you wanted, lol.

Auctor

While playing him would be interesting to say the least, lol, I would prefer to work on a character that I can mold and shape myself rather than a pre-built template and expectations of a canon character.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Kargrisaka on March 31, 2015, 09:06:53 PM
While playing him would be interesting to say the least, lol, I would prefer to work on a character that I can mold and shape myself rather than a pre-built template and expectations of a canon character.

Completely understandable. In fact at this point the entire cast is OC's, lol. So you're not alone.

Auctor

Quote from: Juggtacular on March 31, 2015, 09:08:34 PM
Completely understandable. In fact at this point the entire cast is OC's, lol. So you're not alone.

Well that's good to know thank you for understanding. Where would you think a scientist would best fit in this RP?

Ontan

Four more characters join the roster! As you may have noticed, this includes our first krogan character, and some much needed reinforcements for Cerberus. It also balances out the gender disparity.

Character (gender)Base Class (race)Allegiance
Marshall Kennedy (m)Sentinel (Human)                      Spectre
Septiius Tertibius (m)Rebel (Turian)Spectre
Pelera (f)Infiltrator (Drell)Citadel security
Urdnot Gron (m) Sentinel (Krogan) Citadel Security (hired agent)
Tevora Gava (f / Asari) Adept (Asari) Citadel Security, Thessian Republic Guard
Lillith K. Marshal (f)Engineer (Human)Alliance
Jennifer Drake (f) Infiltrator (Human) Alliance
Olivia Blackstar (f) Vanguard (Human) Alliance
Abigail P. Bryant (f)Sentinel (Human) Alliance (applicant)
G-Unit-73b “Vladimir” (m / Geth) Infiltrator (Geth) Alliance / Independent
Agami Ruff (f) Vanguard (Human) Cerberus
Gabriel Cutler (m) Sentinel (Human) Cerberus
Remi’Xema nar Teera (f)       Infiltrator (Quarian)        Independent (Migrant Fleet)
Suzie Lao (f)Sentinel (Human) Independent (Criminal Underground)
Shirala L’Ark (f / Asari) Vanguard (Asari) Independent (Bounty Hunter)
Wyatt Smith (m) Vanguard (Human) Independent (freelance)
Taevia Mortis (f / Asari)Ardat-Yakshi (Asari)Antagonist (Thorian, Omega)
Thaddeus Hackett (m)Soldier (Human)Antagonist (Omega)
Magnus Ahlberg (m) Infiltrator (Human)Antagonist (Omega)
Lautrec Akarius (m) Vanguard (Turian) Antagonist (Omega, independent)
Jonah “The Red” Cloud (m) Infiltrator (Human) Antagonist (freelance)
Shoksa Raal (m) Infiltrator (Drell) Antagonist (freelance)

la dame en noir

Quote from: Kargrisaka on March 31, 2015, 08:44:13 PM
Hello I am interested this RP. I am looking to create a scientist character would that be something this RP would be interested in?

Yes please!!!! :3
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Juggtacular

Quote from: Kargrisaka on March 31, 2015, 09:34:10 PM
Well that's good to know thank you for understanding. Where would you think a scientist would best fit in this RP?

Well we've got a wide range of characters and alliances. So he could be Cerberus, Alliance, Independent, etc... He could be a wackadoodle floating out on a skeleton crewed satellite like Dr. Heart from the 1st game if you want, lol. Galaxy's the limit.

Auctor

Quote from: la dame en noir on March 31, 2015, 09:43:42 PM
Yes please!!!! :3
Glad to hear!
Quote from: Juggtacular on March 31, 2015, 09:48:31 PM
Well we've got a wide range of characters and alliances. So he could be Cerberus, Alliance, Independent, etc... He could be a wackadoodle floating out on a skeleton crewed satellite like Dr. Heart from the 1st game if you want, lol. Galaxy's the limit.
Cerberus wouldn't be a bad option less restrictions more funding be great if i went with the mad scientist route for him. Alliance might be interesting but it is much more regulated and red taped and independent sounds cool at first because of the exposure he would get but it wouldn't take long before he had to pick a side to make any progress due to funding.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Ontan on March 31, 2015, 09:36:02 PM
Four more characters join the roster! As you may have noticed, this includes our first krogan character, and some much needed reinforcements for Cerberus. It also balances out the gender disparity.

Character (gender)Base Class (race)Allegiance
Marshall Kennedy (m)Sentinel (Human)                      Spectre
Septiius Tertibius (m)Rebel (Turian)Spectre
Pelera (f)Infiltrator (Drell)Citadel security
Urdnot Gron (m) Sentinel (Krogan) Citadel Security (hired agent)
Tevora Gava (f / Asari) Adept (Asari) Citadel Security, Thessian Republic Guard
Lillith K. Marshal (f)Engineer (Human)Alliance
Jennifer Drake (f) Infiltrator (Human) Alliance
Olivia Blackstar (f) Vanguard (Human) Alliance
Abigail P. Bryant (f)Sentinel (Human) Alliance (applicant)
G-Unit-73b “Vladimir” (m / Geth) Infiltrator (Geth) Alliance / Independent
Agami Ruff (f) Vanguard (Human) Cerberus
Gabriel Cutler (m) Sentinel (Human) Cerberus
Remi’Xema nar Teera (f)       Infiltrator (Quarian)        Independent (Migrant Fleet)
Suzie Lao (f)Sentinel (Human) Independent (Criminal Underground)
Shirala L’Ark (f / Asari) Vanguard (Asari) Independent (Bounty Hunter)
Wyatt Smith (m) Vanguard (Human) Independent (freelance)
Taevia Mortis (f / Asari)Ardat-Yakshi (Asari)Antagonist (Thorian, Omega)
Thaddeus Hackett (m)Soldier (Human)Antagonist (Omega)
Magnus Ahlberg (m) Infiltrator (Human)Antagonist (Omega)
Lautrec Akarius (m) Vanguard (Turian) Antagonist (Omega, independent)
Jonah “The Red” Cloud (m) Infiltrator (Human) Antagonist (freelance)
Shoksa Raal (m) Infiltrator (Drell) Antagonist (freelance)

thank you once again! :D
A&A | FxF |

Auctor

Quick question what year is it in game? I'm sure it's in front of my face i just can't seem to find it

eBadger

Quote from: Kargrisaka on March 31, 2015, 09:56:20 PM
Glad to hear!Cerberus wouldn't be a bad option less restrictions more funding be great if i went with the mad scientist route for him. Alliance might be interesting but it is much more regulated and red taped and independent sounds cool at first because of the exposure he would get but it wouldn't take long before he had to pick a side to make any progress due to funding.

Considering the genophage, which the salarians both created and then continued to tamper with, they don't actually seem terribly concerned about red tape (I realize in this 'verse that didn't happen, but it clearly demonstrated the mentality). 

Also just noticed that other than one migrant fleet we don't have any representatives of other races' militaries outside of the citadel. 

Auctor

Quote from: eBadger on March 31, 2015, 11:21:03 PM
Considering the genophage, which the salarians both created and then continued to tamper with, they don't actually seem terribly concerned about red tape (I realize in this 'verse that didn't happen, but it clearly demonstrated the mentality). 

Also just noticed that other than one migrant fleet we don't have any representatives of other races' militaries outside of the citadel.

Aren't humans looked down by and considered to rash by many of the other races? That would leave them open to more scrutiny then others.

Unfortunately, scientist rarely make good representatives of a military.

CuriousEyes

/wave So I'd been generally eyeballing this thread for a bit now, but had been hitting a bit of a writer's block with coming up with a character.

I'm still not clear on some of the fine points or motivations, but I'm kind of narrowing in on creating a human male Infiltrator. I'm thinking an independent thief/mercenary-type character. Although I'm a bit worried that the more I think about it he just sounds like a reskin of Kasumi's skillset. But then again I doubt she's the only mercenary thief in the universe and I think variation can come about from actual RP. Would that be a character you already have a glut of, though?

And if you'll humor a question you might have seen already - I'm popping them in spoilers because they are game-centric for the trilogy...

Questions based on GAME SPOILERS up through ME3 within
I know you said this is a slight AU of the Mass Effect 'verse in that there is no Shepard/Reaper situation. Does this mean that the Reapers simply haven't actively started their latest destruction cycle at the point the game takes place and that it's not expected to be part of an RP as they're floating out in deep space? Or that they've never existed?

If the Reapers never existed, would you say that something else has happened to wipe out the civilizations that preceded the current galactic society (Protheans, Leviathans, etc.)? While also blocking the spread of artificial life (the main argument the Reapers make for why they exist)?

And just out of curiosity, why no Genophage? It always seemed like such a fascinating point of galactic politics to erase from the timeline, along with all of its impact on Krogan nihilism.

Juggtacular

Quote from: CuriousEyes on April 01, 2015, 07:44:32 AM
/wave So I'd been generally eyeballing this thread for a bit now, but had been hitting a bit of a writer's block with coming up with a character.

I'm still not clear on some of the fine points or motivations, but I'm kind of narrowing in on creating a human male Infiltrator. I'm thinking an independent thief/mercenary-type character. Although I'm a bit worried that the more I think about it he just sounds like a reskin of Kasumi's skillset. But then again I doubt she's the only mercenary thief in the universe and I think variation can come about from actual RP. Would that be a character you already have a glut of, though?

And if you'll humor a question you might have seen already - I'm popping them in spoilers because they are game-centric for the trilogy...

Questions based on GAME SPOILERS up through ME3 within
I know you said this is a slight AU of the Mass Effect 'verse in that there is no Shepard/Reaper situation. Does this mean that the Reapers simply haven't actively started their latest destruction cycle at the point the game takes place and that it's not expected to be part of an RP as they're floating out in deep space? Or that they've never existed?

If the Reapers never existed, would you say that something else has happened to wipe out the civilizations that preceded the current galactic society (Protheans, Leviathans, etc.)? While also blocking the spread of artificial life (the main argument the Reapers make for why they exist)?

And just out of curiosity, why no Genophage? It always seemed like such a fascinating point of galactic politics to erase from the timeline, along with all of its impact on Krogan nihilism.

We don't have a pure thief yet no, so that could work pretty well if you were so inclined.

In this game, the Reapers never existed. As the Protheans were a war-like and conquering people, they simply reached their peak and died out. Could be from in-fighting, could be that nature just took it's course, etc... The Leviathans are still around, but in this instance they never created the Reapers.

As for the Genophage, the reason it's not a thing is to make the story a bit more accessible. And to give the Krogan a chance. Before the Rebellions started, Shiagur sat down with the Citadel and explained things. How aggressive Krogan were, how hard it was to stop expansion due to their near infinite numbers, how even a Warlord as powerful as her could only do so much, etc...

In this setting more level heads prevailed and after talks with all the most powerful warlords, they set up a monitoring program that allowed only a certain number of births to happen per year so they didn't boom out like they had been doing. In return for following the program set up and being useful members in galactic society, they got to keep all the Rachni worlds, and a few more unclaimed ones. So in exchange for simply not overpopulating and being assholes, the Krogan not only got galaxy wide recognition(which is a lot sweeter than resentment, and of course helped to make them better as a race), but they got over a dozen planets to colonize and call their own.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Majabya

Hey. So, when I first mentioned I wanted to join, I was dealing with some major Muse issues, but those seemed to have cleared up, so I finally present my eccentric application. Sorry for the wait. Lemme know if you guys want me to change anything. And yes, I realize how silly Rej is.  XD

Player name: Majabya
Name: Rej'Janafi Nar Terevi
Nickname: Rej, "Stowaway", "Wannabe Hero", and he has been called "Pyjak" by at least one person of every race, even hanars.
Age: 26, but the erratic nature of time in deep space and a bunch of wild nights on Omega have made it hard for him to recall this number.
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Race: Quarian
Homeworld: The Migrant Fleet, so technically also Rannoch. Kinda.

Appearance: The picture there is what Rej looked like at the start of his Pilgrimage, before the nicks and cuts of his life style forced him to alter his attire. As all quarians, Rej stay's in his blue/black containment suit all the time, it's glass dome masking his face and features flawlessly. However, it doesn't hide the fact that he's five feet, nine inches tall, and looks to be of fit build by Quarian standards. As for the suit itself, it greatly resembles most other containment suits, but there are clear additions, a black scarf, a faded blue poncho, and an altered face plate being the most prominent changes. The poncho in particular is of note, the worn out blue rag hides much of Rej's more interesting modifications, bits and pieces of tech he's "salvaged" while employed as a merc, his favorite prize being some Propulsion Packs he'd found on a fallen turian ghost, allowing him to be a fair bit speedier than one would think. Another key distinction Rej's suit has is that the usual face plate has been replaced with two large, red, bug like eyes, a tribute to a series of human heroes the quarian has become obsessed with. He also has an actual Kamen Rider Decade belt smuggled in from earth.

Job Title/Occupation: "Professional Vagabond", Eclipse mercenary (Lieutenant ranking, specifically Ashri's personal goon)
Class Specialization: Infiltrator, with a bit of engineer goodness.
Affiliation: Eclipse, but his loyalty lies elsewhere.

Weapons: A modified M-12 locust, and an Omni-blade with altering elemental properties (Incendiary, electric, "Batarian", or normal settings).
Powers: Tactical Cloak, Tactical Scan, Sabotage (He's pretty good at hacking in general), Arc grenades, propulsion packs.
Personality: There is no end to the rumors around the galaxy about the quarian menace, how members of this homeless race would steal every credit you had should you take your eyes off them, or how they're all liars and frauds that are so desperate for something they'd go through your trash without hesitation. It should be noted that for the most part these rumors are false, or at the very least offensive exaggerations, but it should also be noted that Rej is one of those quarians that fit the bill of an opportunistic dumpster diver perfectly. Shameless but driven, it'd be easy to see that the raggedy quarian has big dreams of being a high roller in the criminal underworld, but how far can he go with an empire made from thrown away junk?  Luckily, that's where the terms "Borrow" and "Eclipse's stuff" meet in his grand schemes. Hopefully Rej covers his tracks well enough to not earn the ire of his bosses.
     Aside from all the salvaging nonsense, Mr. Janafi is fairly up beat, always making wise ass remarks and shrugging off threats, unless of course those threats are from a krogan, because then those aren't threats anymore, they're promises. In conflict, Rej has a tendency to rely on his words, often babbling with a silver tongue to weasel a way out of getting his head blown off, and though this trick has worked on many occasions, it's not infallible. Come to think of it, he applies his gift of gab in many situations, business deals, asking for directions, ordering food, yakking with some guy on the elevator about the weather, he tries to butter up whomever he's talking to it seems. For such an active guy with so much going on around him, Rej has the bearing of a slacker, laid back and carefree, but more than happy to go on a rant in a moments notice. He'll usually be spending his time watching movies he finds, and for some reason he really likes tokusatsu shows, specifically Kamen Rider. He has become infatuated with the long running human series, and will often display heroic qualities because of it's influence.

Background: The life of a young quarian seldom differs from one to the next, living in cramped quarters with a dozen other people with only the bare essentials rationed out leaves little room for personal ventures aboard the Migrant fleet. Rej's life was no different, but his parents were strict and demanding, always making sure he was working on something, or studying something else, grooming him into a fantastic mechanic for the good of the fleet. One day, while working on a busted communicator, Rej picked up an old earth broadcast of Kamen Rider Black. The video feed was scratchy at best and the audio cut in and out, making the show look to be some kind of war torn news reel chronicling the exploits of the masked man defending humanity from the forces of evil. To a young quarian that knew more about wrenches than anything else, these broadcasts were akin to hearing the Myths of old for the first time, and at such an impressionable age, young Rej thought that they were all true. By the time Rej was to set out on his Pilgrimage, he had matured enough to realize the true nature of the stories he'd found, but was still inspired by them. With a farewell from his mother and father, Rej set out, promising to bring back a prize so grand, it'd change the face of the fleet forever.
        Hopping from freighter to freighter, Rej managed to cross the galaxy as a stowaway, fighting off vorcha in the shadowy bowels of larger ships while dodging inspection crews and security personnel became the norm for him. And he loved it. It made him feel like one of the heroes he had been watching, a lone wolf constantly fighting for the betterment of his people. He began salvaging around this time, pawning off whatever he didn't keep for himself as he rummaged around in the dark forgotten nooks and crannies of various ports. It was amazing what he'd find, an omni-blade here, a perfectly good gun there, the frivolous waste that these other races showed was as insulting as it was profitable, so the quarian continued on, driven by both a need for credits and simple spite for the nonchalant opulence he saw all around. Eventually, he set foot on a barge owned by The Eclipse mercenaries. It was a gold mine, weapons and tech in more crates than Rej could count, smuggled goods galore! There was no way he could take even a fraction of this with him, so the "Pyjak" went about, looking for what he could plunder that would be most valuable. Alas, he got careless in his greed, and was soon discovered by an asari guard, who detained him quickly, keeping him alive for questioning. And then the Blue Suns attacked, blowing a hole in the side of the ship to enter. Just like in the movies!
      The raid was precise and coordinated, the Blue suns easily routing the handful of Eclipse mercs present with a YMIR mech and simple surprise tactics. With two of her comrades already dead, the Asari, who had introduced herself as Ashri T'Vel, released Rej from his bindings, though she never gave reason for why she did so. With stealth tech and experience in dodging people, Rej could of easily escaped, but he knew in his gut that fate was showing him his path. His Kamen Rider inspired path of vigilante justice. He hijacked the YMIR suit, turning it against it's owners, and while they focused on the mad machine he stealthed behind each and every one of them, plunging a burning Omni-Blade into their spines. There was only one Blue Sun left, a Turian with tech armor that made short work of the rampaging robot when he entered the fray. The turian and quarian fought with omni-blades, both having hacked the other's gun to explode upon meeting, and a vicious melee ensued, the Blue Sun's strength and skill being matched by Rej's stealth and agility. It seemed a stale mate, the two countering each other flawlessly until a cloud of smoke gave our hero away, allowing the turian to score a near fatal hit, shattering Rej's face plate. Staggering from the blow, and his health quickly failing from foreign bacteria, all seemed hopeless for Rej until Ashri made her presence known, blowing the turian's head clean off with a sniper shot. The asari quickly got the pyjak's helmet sealed, asking the battered hero if he was looking for work while she did so, clearly impressed by how how he had turned the tide of battle single handedly. After a quick stay at a med bay to clear up some infections, Rej joined the Elcipse mercenaries, planning to become a quarian hero masked as a villain.

Ons/Offs: Open to pretty much anything except the for usual no-no's. (Scat, vore, other sick junk,) But he's still a quarian, so make of that what you will.

Connections: Being an employee of the Eclipse mercs can lead to a great deal of underworld connections, especially when one is skimming a little for himself. Most are nameless black merchants, Eclipse grunts, shady informants, and a hand full of pawn shop owners, but there are a few people of interest.
     -Ashri T'vel: Direct superior, acts more like a big sister than a commander though.
     -Pudrel: An Elcor that keeps track of inventory for Rej's faction of the Eclipse, stern but isn't above some good old fashioned bribery.
     -Others to come . . . ?
Notes: When no one's around, he'll look in a mirror, strike a psoe and yell "Henshin!". Also, his belt is an actual import from Earth that he accidentally intercepted. It's real owner is Krogan, and likely pissed at it's disappearance.

Juggtacular

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Xunthrae

Hey, I'm working on a Human Male Adept. I'm hammering out his personality and background right now, and I'm stuck between making him former alliance and a bounty hunter/working for a merc crew or just having him be apart of the military still.

If he was still in the military, how would that play out IC, for example, would he be stationed somewhere or on a special mission? On leave? etc..? I'm curious and would like to know what I'm getting into before I commit to one or the other  :-)

Juggtacular

If he was still in the Alliance, the easiest thing to do to give him freedom to move around would be to make him an N7 agent. They're basically spec ops for the Alliance, so an N7 soldier would get a lot of freedom to go about the universe as needed.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Phelan8801

Interested in a Human Male Infiltrator.

Quick question, what is the status of Cerberus in this specific plot?