Slay That Dragon! (Interest Check)

Started by bubby, May 08, 2011, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

@Urbanzorro: First pic AWESOME! Second pic...meh...

@KaitEn: Love it!

SO. Dragon and Slayer slots are all filled. At this point, I have only 1 official Royal, maybe 2. I NEED FEMALES WILLING TO QUEEN IT UP, or even sorceress. It's a frikkin sausage fest in here! Not that I -really- mind...but still..  ::)

Urbanzorro

Quote from: bubby on May 11, 2011, 12:05:13 PM
@Urbanzorro: First pic AWESOME! Second pic...meh...

Lol I kinda figured that Vince Vaughn the Dragon Slayer was pushing realism  just a bit too much to be believable ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AngelicBlade

Ah, the first pic is pretty dang cool, I prefer it more than the second pic.

Insatiably Bored

Name:

Lysanderaithis , “Lysander”

400 years old

Type of Character:

Hide Carved White Dragon

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History:

Lysander was born to Neron the White, and Luna’estrilia. The first a Savage White Wyrm from the north, the only good White Wyrm to date, and the second a kind hearted Silver.  Lysander’s clutch was laid just before the end of the Dragon’s Rule of the world came to an end, in a time where keeping the Bloodlines Pure was acceptable reason enough to kill unborn wyrmlings and any that stood in the way of the act. Lysander, never met his parents, instead he was raised by Opalilium, an Old Copper Dragoness, who told him all he wanted to know of his lost family, and the name of the one whom had taken them from him. Using that as incentive, Lysander studied under Opalilium’s rough regime. He was schooled heavily in magic, each spell, each enchantment was memorized so as to be able to call them up at a moment’s notice. Though Opalilium’s gifts didn’t stop there, as he hit young adulthood, she guided him along the path of becoming a Hide Carved Dragon. Infusing powerful wards into his very being, that as he grew, became less magic and more an extension of his being. as the years went by, he became more and more restless, the need of vengeance eating at him, till finally, Opalilium told him he was old enough to had a fighting chance. The two traveled to the court of Luna’estrilia’s family, Opalilium had never openly supported the coupling of Lysander’s parents, the largest reason being she disliked being around the upstarts of the ruling families. Though she had served Luna’estrilia’s family before, so she was able to gain an audience with the mastermind of Lysander’s troubles, it was only when the Adult White Wyrm stood before his grandfather that the Ancient Silver saw the threat, by then it was too late. By the time, any Kin could arrive, the deed was done, and the resurfacing of Lysander was heard of. With revenge found, he like his teacher left Dragon Lands, exiling himself to his own studies and lair. That is, till word of a Dragon trying to unite the scattered dragons finally found his ears.  Securing his lair, and putting a hold on his quest to find ascension, he moves to help Dragon kind as a whole.

Personality:

Lysander is a good soul, and does what he can to stand in the way of all that is corrupt, but knows that he can’t change the world, at least not on his own. that being said, he is still very much a White Dragon, and when he sets himself to destruction, he can do so with claw and magic. Though another trait alien to White Dragons, is his love of knowledge, be it lore, maps or spells. He has an unnatural hunger for the unknown and will go great lengths to obtain knowledge, as such, he is a living library of the past, having memorized tomes older than his cursed grandfather’s grandfather.

Strengths&Weaknesses:

Strengths:

Might and Magic: being of the Feral White Dragon stock, he has a talent for raw destruction, though his time spent with a certain trouble maker of a Copper Dragon, has given him far more tools for his trade.

Hide of Runes: Lysander’s frame is covered in bright orange and red runic markings, tattoos that were literally cut into his flesh. So far the Ruins grant him an extra Immunity (Fire) and allow his injuries to heal during a fight, though doing so drains his Stamina greatly. So he can only do so in short bursts. The act of carving into his scales has also caused them to grow thicker.

Of Frost and Poison : both of his parents where dragons of cold, and as such, he is naturally immune to its chilling touch, and instead of great gouts of flame, he breaths freezing ice. Though his mother did give him the gift of immunity to acid, a trait passed down through the bloodlines of all silvers.

Weaknesses:

Of the North: Lysander may be immune to the burning effect of heat, but he is not immune to its side effects. By nature he is a creature of the cold, and any exposure to high levels of heat can bog him down. Slowing him as his body fights to keep itself cool. Under such situations, he will forgo spell casting all together, as the heat clouds his mind preventing the words to stick together properly.

One Size to Small: Lysander grew up hearing the tales of his father’s greatness, how even in his death he was a being to be feared. He does not express it outwardly, but deep inside; he is always scheming to live up to his father’s abilities. He tries desperately, some time consciously, other times without him even picking up on it, to walk the same path as his father. As such, he is more likely to charge head long into a fight would he should hold back, or stay stuck in when falling back would be prudent. This is more so when he is fighting to protect something, be it a friend, or a innocent in need. This also means that he will forgo ranged magic at times to close to grips with a foe, even if doing so puts him at a disadvantage.

Not asked, Not Given: Being a Half White, Half Silver Dragon, leaves Lysander at odds with either side of the line. Metallic and other naturally good dragons find it hard to trust him, his frame clearly that of a savage White Dragon. While Chromatic and other dragons of a more malevolent nature also treat him as an outcast, for he is good himself, and of course the soft glimmer of silver lining his scales. Lysander is more than happy to return the sentiment of course. He finds himself more trusting of humans, than his fellow dragons. He has put his emotions aside for the betterment of their race as a whole, at least partly. He may dislike dragons, but he sees no logic in killing his own kind without provocation, so he is more than willing to help bring their kind back, to at least levels avoiding extinction.
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

AngelicBlade

Your pic doesn't show, I dunno if it's just my comp but I can't see your pic.

Insatiably Bored

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

PeacethatPowerbrings

It should work if you just put the link in, instead of embedding.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 11, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
Its still not working for me :(

weird cause I can see it...more than likely I will have to go and find another version of it. can anyone else see the pic?

bubby

Kaiten

It's because you hot-linked. A lotta sites don't like that cause you use their bandwidth. Upload the picture to image shack and post in there.

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Kaiten on May 11, 2011, 01:19:53 PM
It's because you hot-linked. A lotta sites don't like that cause you use their bandwidth. Upload the picture to image shack and post in there.

awww, kk, well I did so, and here is hoping it works*fingers crossed*

Kaiten

bubby

Anishal Silveris
2000 years
Silver Dragon-Great Wyrm
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: She tore her way from her shell in a time that to be a dragon was to be Free. To take to the skies in utter delight, with nary a worry of being Hunted. It was a time where to be of her ilk was to be respected. To be loved for their beauty and grace, for their power and magic. To be worshiped. She was worshiped as a Goddess at one time. She was sought for her wisdom, for her strength in battle, both in her True form and in her human guise. Though she rarely took her human form then, it still was not to hide what she was. Her hair of shining platinum, her piercing eyes of mercury, her alabaster flesh  holding markings that in one light seemed naught but tribal tattooing, in the other shimmering etchings of silver, assuredly belied her true nature. She was a Queen at one time, being gifted by a sword capable of slaying Gods, sitting as consort to a Demon. She knew love, she knew hatred, she knew the deepest sorrow. She is True Silver, her lineage tracing back to nigh on the beginning of existence for her kind.

Personality For the most part she is quiet, subdued. She tends to study a situation calmly, choosing to view all sides of an issue before acting upon it. It is this trait that has made her wisdom so sought after in her past. Do not take this as her only side though. She is fierce in protecting what is hers, and will kill in the blink of an eye if needed, and without remorse. She tends to be motherly, perhaps due to the fact she has never had a clutch of her own, and has desired that above all else. 'Motherhood' equals no longer lonely.

Strengths: Her size, simply massive, is one strength. Dimensions: 300 feet from nose to tail tip, wings from tip to tip approx. 150 feet. Though this might make some think it cumbersome, it is not true in her case. She is quite wily. Being as old as she is the majority of her body is now one sleek silver scale, having fused harder over time, making projectiles pretty useless.  Her fire, when generated, is like napalm, not only clinging, but capable if nigh instant incineration. As dragon, being 'of' magic, magic doesn't work on her.

Weaknesses Though most of her hide is fused, under her wings the scales are still separate, right where they meet the body. If a massive spear were to be shot while in flight, at the right angle and speed, it could perhaps pierce her. (think Star Wars and the Death Star). Due to her penchant for flying, she could be caught unawares possibly. In human form, her skills as a warrior are said to be unmatched, yet her body still has the same basic weak point. As long as she's lived she tends to think herself invincible, therefor doesn't wear armor in battle. However, she rarely is seen in human form any longer. She doesn't trust humans, but she has a weakness for humanity as a whole. She remembers a time when human and dragon lived side by side in peace, and though she is very skilled at 'smelling' evil upon a human, she could perhaps be snowed by a good enough 'actor'. Her wish is to end the strife set upon her kind by humans now.

Kaiten

Ohhh, very nice... I can see a good conflict that could arise, considering the amount of resistance to her kinda thinking. :)

I'm such an ass, but I noticed judging by the size of the orcas she's only about 200 or so feet tall in the picture ><

bubby

You are an ass. Lol..SHUSH you. Couldn't find a pic that was nifty enough for her looks that also showed her true MAAAASIVE size.

Kaiten

I couldn't help it! I notice things!  ;D

Here's something interesting I noticed too. There are distinct Generations for the dragons

1 2000 year old

2 1300-1400 year olds

3 200-400 year olds

Of course there's still one unaccounted.

bubby

The generational gap like that works great I think. As for the unaccounted for, AndyZ says he'll maybe be a Royal instead. He's still deciding.

I however, have decided this. This weekend I'll try very hard to get at least the OOC page up, complete with territory pics, names, yadda. I really suck at that part so if any of you have ideas and pics PM them to me! I'll also have a basic outline of the story, and a rules/guidelines list. Being already involved in GMing a game I've found there are some things I MUST put my foot down on, as annoying as it is.Once I've made an OOC page I'll also make a separate Character page as well and you can transfer your bios there.

Waiting a bit gives to get the OOC done gives people a chance to perhaps try for the empty character slots, as well as give those who haven't posted their char bios yet a chance to. But if nothing happens by say..Monday, I'll work on opening the game. We can always NPC Royals and sorcerers if need be, though having real chars would be so much more interesting!

Insatiably Bored

Quote from: Kaiten on May 11, 2011, 02:11:25 PM
I couldn't help it! I notice things!  ;D

Here's something interesting I noticed too. There are distinct Generations for the dragons

1 2000 year old

2 1300-1400 year olds

3 200-400 year olds

Of course there's still one unaccounted.

well just goes to show, people using different sources of information for setting up their characters.

I myself prefer the D&D 3.5 Dragons( it also seems that ofDelusions likes them as well, at least the reds)

Zaer's is Oriental in design.

While Peace's if I am remembering correctly, looks like its something from Guild Wars 2( though I have to say it looks like a D&D black, other than the spikes for scales).

Kaiten's design I've never seen before, but it sticks close to the old style of flame and brimstone.

and then there is Bubby's, now I have seen that design around for a long time( back when I started to really get interested with dragons). I don't know the artist, or the setting (if it has one).

though with all the different sources, this should add some nice flavor to the game ^^.

bubby

*Put actual dimensions in her bio :P* I like the fact that different aspects are in this RP. I personally don't like clinging to generalized ideas of characters. Tends to box things too much in my opinion.

Drakan

Name: Drakan, simply Drakan
Type of Character: Human/Slayer

History:
Drakan has a very limited history.  Whatever past knowledge of him existed is now burn and shredded returning to the earth from whence it came.  Drakan’s village was a small, almost non-existent piece of land where life continued to flourish.  Unfortunately, with the constant raids of feral dragons, the idea of prosperity came to those who were willing to spill blood in order to obtain it, be it dragon or their own.  Thus the village made sure that their children and children’s children were adept in art of slaying feral dragons.  Some would pass the tests required of them, while others failed and died.  Drakan passed his test.

When all seemed well in the village, a blood red sun would rise above horizon marking the end of the village.  With the sun came a massive host of feral dragons whom had organized to migrate to different territories, shredding everything in its path.  Drakan had been on errands returning with necessities and foods to feed the village when this had occurred.  When he returned, he found a village pillaged and razed but by no army. Everyone was dead, his family, his friends, leaving him drowned in anger and bent on revenge on finding every single feral dragon that had done this.   Because it was a migrant fleet of them, no doubt they would be scattered across the land in different lands.  He would hunt every last one of them, and any that would get in his way.  It was his only purpose now, but knowing that this would take time and money he took up the practice of hunting dragons for medicinal use.  If you’re lucky you can find him known as “The Dragon Bleeder.”

Personality: When business is on the line Drakan is very professional, never let his emotions overrule his means of obtaining work.  Anything involving dragons always catches his interests, especially if they are of the feral breed.  Otherwise he’s normally quite amongst other humans, especially slayers since they are clearly competition in the way of his revenge.  Dragons he despises with the utmost passion.

Strengths and Weakness
:  Drakan may not be the strongest of slayers but he certainly one of the fatest and most agile of sorts.  He is capable of parrying and dodging attacks that come at him, unless of course you can be faster than him.  Also because he has nothing to lose since everything that was him is dead, he lacks no fear or means to intimidate him.  However speed and agility comes at a cost especially if your human fighting a dragon.  His body though well built cannot handle multiple blows, also if he overdoes himself during the start of the fight, he can tire out quickly.

Kaiten

Yeah, I always try to make something as non-conformed as possible along with old and new ideas. The picture actually came from an original Japanese style drawing. A  girl with twin tails summoning a huge dragon. I cut her out for obvious reason, heh heh.

But I like this, it makes Anishal seem like a grand mother :P

Wyrd

Haha! I think we've become a little overstocked on manly Dragon slayers. :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Kaiten

They are certainty not subtle. But then again you'd have to be pretty strong. I mean come on, many of these dragons have enough brute strength to foil most traps.

Wyrd

I mean I thought we were now on the hunt for some kings, queens and sorcerers right now.
Ragtime Dandies!