Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Chaos, Primarch; Completely understandable.

Mystic; That would be fine. I'm doing the same thing since it barely got off the ground... for some reason. Still baffled about that. ???

I think this time around I'll go with the format of having about a half dozen locations (Gardens, Courtyard, Spike pit Bridge, ect.) to muddle around with and ask everyone involved to put their location in bold at the top of their post. I'm loathe to make a bunch of threads for each location.

Chaosfox

I Will say it  is looking like I might do this one  as  the bi rps I am in on both here and even more so the other site I play on  are moving rather slow.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

steelsmiter

I just wanted to jump in and show you something that this game inspired me to write over in GM's Corner. I hope I'm not a bother, but this thread was my inspiration.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Inerrant Lust

Steelsmiter; That's fine. But you know, I was strongly considering doing something similar to that. Perhaps with each character have a set amount of points in rock-paper-scissors attributes (Strength, Speed, Sorcery?) and then involving a d6 or somesuch....... but decided even that was too complicated when the last Mortal Kombat video game had little consistency in 'power levels' between characters.

Smoke can beat Kitana, who can beat Jade... who can beat Smoke. Kung Lao and Nightwolf can't beat Scorpion, but Kung Lao can beat Goro, Kintaro... and Quan Chi and Shang Tsung together. Both of them are capable of beating Quan Chi, who is Scorpion's master? ???

Maybe it is just flip a coin or rock-paper-scissors. :P

Primarch

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 16, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
Steelsmiter; That's fine. But you know, I was strongly considering doing something similar to that. Perhaps with each character have a set amount of points in rock-paper-scissors attributes (Strength, Speed, Sorcery?) and then involving a d6 or somesuch....... but decided even that was too complicated when the last Mortal Kombat video game had little consistency in 'power levels' between characters.

Smoke can beat Kitana, who can beat Jade... who can beat Smoke. Kung Lao and Nightwolf can't beat Scorpion, but Kung Lao can beat Goro, Kintaro... and Quan Chi and Shang Tsung together. Both of them are capable of beating Quan Chi, who is Scorpion's master? ???

I suppose when all the fighters are at that calibur its just who was better on the day. :P

steelsmiter

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 16, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

Maybe it is just flip a coin or rock-paper-scissors. :P
I don't know. Maybe. it's iffy.

Quote from: Primarch on September 16, 2013, 07:45:54 PM
I suppose when all the fighters are at that calibur its just who was better on the day. :P
Yes that's pretty much how I feel when I play fighting games. unless I'm with a preferred character.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Inerrant Lust

Did some googling to get ideas for possible other characters... I haven't decided to use any of them yet, so feel free to use any of them if it inspires you.  :P

Chaosfox

I may use one of the females not sure which yet.

Inerrant Lust

So far we potentially have...

QuoteEarthrealm
NPCs (Just Raiden?)
Ayumi, the Samurai's Wife (GM NPC)
Eoin Baradoon, Irish Gunslinger? :P (Batman4560)
Rikuya, Guardian of the Mountain (godfang)
Kaillei O'rourke, Privateer Extraordinaire (Mystic Mika)

Neutral
Gilgamesh, Interdimensional Sellsword (BlackestKnight)
Imari, Efreet's Champion (MzHyde)

Outworld
NPCs (At least Shang Tsung, others can be RPed by players as you'd like)

There was actually quite a roster last time but for some reason a lot of people never showed up for the IC thread! :-\

Neysha, Shadow, Chaos, Primarch; you should totally join. We have cookies... ;)

godfang

is that enough? how many do you want?

Inerrant Lust

Well at the moment it's a little one-sided. Although there are plenty of actual outworld characters I could use. ::)

Tempted to make Jade a ridiculously endowed futa. :P

ShadowFox89

Uhhh... Batman? Yeah, America wasn't around in the 1500's. Or at least USA wasn't. There wouldn't be rifles by then either, rifling wasn't started for another hundred or so years >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chaosfox

I was trying to deiced what Picture to use out of the ones that you said we could barrow  I think I'm going to use that pirate I wont have her up tonight but I  could probably have her up sometime tomorrow.

Inerrant Lust

Mystic Mika said she might reprise her role from the first time I pitched this RP, which was sadly short-lived. It was of a feisty female irish pirate.... but there's nothing to say you can't do that as well, chaos.

Afterall, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were just palette swaps before they became entirely separate characters with divergent origins and storylines.  ::)

Muse

I could reprise this girl.  (I'll get her a better picture.) 

And I hope Mika plays, she's awesome. 

Name: Ajei

Resides:  In her grandfather’s tent in the Americas. 

Species:  Human, half Kachina. 

Weapons:  2 obsidian daggers strapped to her thighs, two tomahawks crossed behind her back. 

Fighting Style:  Wrestling, dual wielding weapons and high kicks, electronic or wind based energy blasts. 

Alignment:  Good. 

History:  During a summer storm, a Navajo maiden named Mai yielded to the passions of a Kachina—a spirit of the wind.  She found herself with child.  She was beautiful and skilled at woman’s arts.  This proof of her fertility made her irresistible to a great warrior, who took her to wife. 
   Mai named her daughter Ajei, which means My Heart. 
   Ajei was spirited, gifted, and intelligent.  She excelled at woman’s arts but found the most joy training in skill at arms with her brothers.  She described her training as like unto dancing on the winds of a storm.  In the quite of the night, she found the winds following the motion of her strikes, bearing her aloft as she leapt, speeding her as she ran.  She learned to throw lightning, unleash thunder with her blows. 

Physical Description:  5’10 inches tall with smooth coppery skin, rosy lips, raven-wing tresses, and big, full breasts.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheRaven

I could recycle my old character as well. I rather liked him, but sort of regretted not being able to get more writing done with him.

Origin: Earthrealm (Wallachia)
Resides: Wherever his master requires him to be
Species: Vampire
Weapons: A kilij, rondel dagger, his teeth, trained in the use of poison
Fighting Style: A mixed form of European and Turkish swordsmanship, and generally fighting dirty.
Alignment: Evil

Bio: A highly trained soldier in the service of Vlad Tepes III, former Prince of Wallachia (better known as Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Dracul, or later Dracula), Ieremia grew up on the lands of a Wallachian noble who despised the Ottomans. He was conscripted into the military during the tiny princedom's defense campaigns, and was eventually promoted to a command position by his master after demonstrating a cold cunning in combat.

While he was a capable strategist, Vlad eventually made Ieremia his personal retainer, bodyguard, and assassin, putting him to work especially during the ruler's Hungarian captivity, and after faking his death. Shao Kahn contacted Vlad with a deal: help him with the conquest of Earthrealm, and Vlad would be promised a pretty good chunk of Europe.

While Shao Kahn originally wanted Vlad to compete for Earthrealm himself, the former prince instead sent his second, as he was still settling into hiding.

OOC Notes: Could be persuaded to turn against Outworld's forces in the long run, but it will be very difficult to break his devotion to Vlad.
Permissions: Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Kadigan

Here's my character idea...thought I would go with a non-fighter perhaps..

Profession: Record Keeper
Origin: Outworld
Resides: Outworld
Species: Vampire – Vaeternus type
Weapons: Small Stilleto
Fighting Style: Minor training, prefers to talk , flee, or bargain her way out of situations if possible
Alignment: Neutral – Evil by association

About Linara: Linara is one of the Vaeternus vampires, native to Outworld since their defeat in ten consecutive Mortal Kombats. Long lived, they have no weakness to the sun of Outwolrd, only Earthrealms. Though they do need to drink blood to survive, they, for the most part, prefer to use willing donors and trades, rather then the legends of old. Some of the species had the ability to traverse to Earthrealm and Outworld inspiring many of the legends there as well as an Earth version of the vampire.

Linara herself was born to a minor priestess and one of the monks there. She was born “deformed” however, her wings barely small enough to be noticed as a child. They would never grow large enough to be capable of flight as much of her race was. She was considered a freak and an outcast by her own race, teased quite a bit, hardly ever leaving the temple save for her educations and at the insistence of her mother. She developed from a shy child into a shy teenager and was taken in by the Order of the Dark Archives when her fighting skills were shown to be less then desired, and no mate would have her. She spent decades studying the ancient tombs, books, scrolls and maps of the library. She may know more about Outworld then anyone, as any “official” act is kept in the library as part of its records. She’s privy to secrets long forgotten of the realm and has even begun to acquire ancient and deadly works from other realms as well, such as Earthrealm and Nightmare realm. During her time at the Archives, she grew from an awkward, gawky teenager into a young woman, whose body was often hidden beneath the voluminous robes the monks wear.

She loves her books, the knowledge and power she wields by knowing things, but at the same time is still often the same shy, easily bullied. Some of the Outworlders have begun to take an interest in this librarian, who seems to know what is happening in the inner workings.

Temporary image:

OOC Notes : The thought behind the character is she could be used at times to help plot progression, with her feeding tidbits of information to fighters, in exchange for other knowledge, or being set upon for knowledge and information by some of the more evil fighters. Also she may be summoned by Lord Shao Khan for various recordings and...other things perhaps so would have information that no one else would have. It’s based on the idea from the MK Wiki that the Vampires of Outworld make excellent record keepers.
Permissions Match-making (Though she’s not a fighter, a match would perhaps just be “punishment) non-con, mind control-hypnosis.

Chaosfox

Ok Since someone  else might possibly do a pirate like character I've changed my charter concept I should have her up either today or  tomorrow

Inerrant Lust

I should mention that any humans (or near-humans/mythological beings from Earthrealm) need not actually be invited to the tournament. They could be there for feasibly any reason, a la Sonya Blade crashing the first tournament to rescue Jax. As such, they'd be a grey area of the rules- but then again much of the tournament is grey...

So Linara shouldn't have any trouble getting some good story action in, with the thorough amount of tomfoolery going on outside the official tournament brackets..

ShadowFox89

Erm.. you realize that the timeline is 1587 >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

LeSane

*Facepalm* Remaking. I had been running on no sleep for the last 5 hours so that happened...
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Inerrant Lust

I was at work.

Now I'm confused. :P

ShadowFox89

He had a modern samurai from Boston.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

LeSane

I'm remaking it now; once again fatigue... doing it properly now that I'm fully awake.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Inerrant Lust

I have an inclination to practice drawing character concepts, likely some things in the MK style... If you have any requests or you can't find an image that suits your character, let me know.

I'm considering a villainous female character... possibly a Shokan. I suppose I could just use Sheeva, but something about her I really don't find sexy. It might be the voice, or her demeanor. Perhaps this character will be an underling of hers'... someone killed off way before the modern times. A slave maybe?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/341/9/f/four_armed_tigra_by_cric-d34e9a7.jpg
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/287/1/3/13035760e341086674731bfb46dac2c8-d4cs0ea.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/250/9/8/mortal_kombat__sheeva_by_jhonatasbatalha-d5dy3qg.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/237/d/8/breeti_shokan_oc_by_zakuman-d47sf5z.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/105/1/2/shokan_bath_by_zakuman-d61u8qv.jpg

Also, are there any canon characters you guys would like to interact with?