Power Rangers. Kamen Rider, Sentai, suits and monsters

Started by Sabby, December 20, 2010, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Pacis

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Sabby

Jmorty33

I watched the first episode for Megaforce, I found it extremely similar to MMPR... except MMPR did it right and Megaforce was lacking.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Sabby

Please don't tell me that x.x I'm about to watch the first episode and I really don't want to.

Jmorty33

Watch at your own risk my friend.

Sabby

Whose the editor on this? Could they stand to leave a few minutes of the episode without a musical cue? There hasn't been a second so far without some kind of royalty free tune playing over everything.

Jmorty33

That was one thing I found wrong. No quiet moments to try and set up a serious moment or a certain amount of calm.

Wolfy

...@_@

Is it me, or do the two female rangers have some....Lesyay tones? @_@

Maybe I've been on the internet too long, but....I dunno..I saw them in one episode, where Queen Bee attacks, and I just got that vibe...xD

Sabby

"So, Billy doesn't like Bee's, hmmm?"

...oh god... this show is making me miss Rita Repulsa. I'm a Disney Era fan! That's like a modern DC reader missing Supermans rainbow finger lasers.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 06, 2013, 01:37:13 PM
"So, Billy doesn't like Bee's, hmmm?"

...oh god... this show is making me miss Rita Repulsa. I'm a Disney Era fan! That's like a modern DC reader missing Supermans rainbow finger lasers.

It's funny when you say you're a Disney-Era fan...since Disney originally didn't even WANT Power Rangers. The franchise kind of just came with the deal they had at the time. Power rangers didn't fit into it's wholesome family values thing at the time, because of it's Violence, so Disney wanted to get rid of it. :P

That's the reason why RPM is so off the wall and awesome....because Disney basically told the producer/director "The franchise is ending. Do whatever."...and so they resolved to send it out with a bang. :3

Sabby

Yep, and the show was better off with the guys who only grudgingly paid attention to it then the one who made it.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 06, 2013, 02:32:03 PM
Yep, and the show was better off with the guys who only grudgingly paid attention to it then the one who made it.

Need I remind you that Saban managed to SAVE the franchise with Power Rangers In Space?

Sabby

One season under his belt that wasn't a rehash of MMPR. Disney had more and better seasons. Sorry, Old School fans have always tried to convince me the Zordon Era was superior and I've never seen eye to eye with them.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on March 06, 2013, 06:44:51 PM
One season under his belt that wasn't a rehash of MMPR. Disney had more and better seasons. Sorry, Old School fans have always tried to convince me the Zordon Era was superior and I've never seen eye to eye with them.

Zordon era US was crap.  All scenes with the rangers was copy pasted from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.  So if anything is superior it is Japan's series... Every season.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Jmorty33

I found the Zordon era to be kick ass! So what if it used stock footage? It doesn't take anything away from the series. That's like saying dubbed anime is bad because its a copy past of the original sub.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Jmorty33 on March 09, 2013, 09:47:21 PM
I found the Zordon era to be kick ass! So what if it used stock footage? It doesn't take anything away from the series. That's like saying dubbed anime is bad because its a copy past of the original sub.

I happen to hate dubbed anime.

Jmorty33

Oh, well then I can see where you're coming from.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Jmorty33 on March 09, 2013, 11:42:57 PM
Oh, well then I can see where you're coming from.

Yeah.  I'm planning to start watching Super Sentai again from the very start of it. 

Jmorty33

All the way back to Goranger? Nice, where do you find it?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Jmorty33 on March 10, 2013, 12:16:56 AM
All the way back to Goranger? Nice, where do you find it?

A friend of mine is getting the episodes for me.  He has all the fan sub.

Fieryone

I would assume those subs for Goranger are HK subs yes? I know that no subgroup has done Goranger and much of the sentai before Jetman.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Fieryone on May 01, 2013, 08:34:21 PM
I would assume those subs for Goranger are HK subs yes? I know that no subgroup has done Goranger and much of the sentai before Jetman.

He does fansubs himself.

SeraphBlade07

In my Mid twenties and not shames to say I still watch Power Rangers on Occasion...I've seen Mighty Morphin, Turbo, Zeo, Wildforce, Time Force(favorite), Dino Thunder( Favorite), SPD (not a fan), Ninja Storm, Jungle Fury (it was good), Lightspeed rescue, In Space, RPM (not a fan), Samurai (Not a fan)

I want to see the Pirate one.

But I'll admit later in life I watched it for the cute guys XD

Kunoichi

Not a fan of RPM? Oo; I'll admit that the ending could have been better, but I thought it started out quite well.

SeraphBlade07

it did start out pretty good. and the characters were good as well but the ending was..ugh...probably what killed it for me.