Looking for a thought provocing RP

Started by Litzi, December 28, 2010, 08:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Litzi

It has been quite a while since I have played a non-adult roleplay...I hope that does not sound as bad as it does to me...*snickers*

Alrighty, so, lets see, I guess I am looking for something interesting yet fun, creative yet deep...And please bare with me, I have never done forum roleplay....Maybe even giving me some tips would be nice :)  I am looking males please...

Let me know if you might be interested...I'm up for more settings and genres :)

Reno

Forum roleplay is trickier than realtime, but only a little bit, since you've got to not only be extra careful about "godmoding" your partner, but you've also got to make sure they've got enough "hooks" to give them something to respond to. :)

As for ideas, I've got nothing but. Running the full range between cheesy fandoms (though my knowledge of the current mainstream popular anime is pretty thin these days) to original ideas that really don't make any sense at all. :)

Whatever you're feeling up for, I'm game.

Litzi

I've never been one for anime honestly...But we could figure something out...Do you have any favorite genres? Like, horror, romance, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural?

Reno

Quote from: Litzi on December 30, 2010, 12:29:54 AM
I've never been one for anime honestly...But we could figure something out...Do you have any favorite genres? Like, horror, romance, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural?

It seems popular so I figured I'd throw it out there. :)

I will admit to a certain fondness for the old school Adventure/Romance combination, regardless of the setting, which works in just about any genre. Except maybe horror. Calling "being terrified out of your wits as something tries to eat you, and not in the eyebrow-wiggle fun way" an "adventure" is a bit of a stretch. :)

But I've always (maybe a little immodestly) prided myself on being able to work with whatever I've got. 

Litzi

Adventure romance ehh? hmm...We could do something superhero-ish or go supernatural-ish...What do you enjoy?

Reno

I'm a big fan of shaking things up from the "expected." Like playing the sidekick to a superheroine, although admittedly that particular inversion is getting so popular as to be the new norm. Or even "dude in distress" being the one rescued (I'm not big on the word "dude" but I had to keep the alliteration from the original, after all!), as long as it's ACTUAL distress. I'm not big on emasculation, figurative nor literal. ;) 

The supernatural theme brings to mind the opposite of just about every ghost story since "Ghost": the psychic/ghost whisperer/whatever being a male. Could be interesting.

Honestly, though, at this point, role-playing anything other than "overworked software developer desperately seeking escape from holiday stress" would be a step in the right direction!

Litzi

I love your ideas...Perhaps...An angel trying to garner her wings by saving the life of her charge, you....But along the way, they become more? How does that hit you? I wouldn't want anything too religiousy, honestly, but it sounds kinda interesting...It could go fairy godmother if the angel part is a real hangup..

Reno

Actually, I really like that idea, especially if you go light on the religion as you said. I like it a lot.

Reno

What sort of rescue did you have in mind? A series of concrete, momentary threats (falling buildings, barreling cement mixers, etc...) or a more "existential" threat?

Personally I think the latter has more room for a continued story as opposed to a "swoop down, scoop up, have a nice day" Superman-esque rescue scene, but that's just my opinion. :)

Litzi

Perhaps a bit of both...Making the job harder than expected....

Pretty in Pink

Whoo!  A Supernatural fan!  That's always fun to hear!  *glees*  Hmmm.  Well, I'm definitely up for a roleplay, as some of mine seem to be going a bit slowly, another one won't hurt one bit.

Did you have anything in mind, or do I need to reach back into my bag of tricks?
[FLOATLEFT][/FLOATLEFT]O.O ~{=}~ Ideas ~{=}~ A&A[FLOATRIGHT][/FLOATRIGHT]

I've taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RP

Litzi

I've been thinking of trying to get True Blood-esque roleplay together.....Something in that world but not necessarily including the original characters, unless they were guest stars (so to speak) hehe....I don't know if you know the show but it includes vamps, were-animals, shape-shifters, faes, and other strange things...Were you meaning something like that?

Pretty in Pink

Haha.  Actually I was referring jokingly to the SHOW Supernatural, but that works as well.

I'm not all that familiar with the show, so I don't know THAT much about it.  I'm sure things would be able to be explained/wikid/hulud if need be, so I'm more than up for it.

Litzi

I actually have seen Supernatural...I like a lot of it but the recent stuff has grown a bit darker than I'd like to watch...I am up for nearly anything dear! I cannot see your ons and offs yet, so maybe you could suggest something?

Pretty in Pink

Hmmm.  Yeah, I've been noticing that myself, honestly.  As for what I could come up with....  Well, I could come up with a few things, most definitely.  n_n  Give me a few moments, and I can wrangle something up for us.

Litzi

Pretty in Pink

First thing I do have to ask is what kind of story do you enjoy the MOST?  Because I definitely want to come up with an idea that will have your interest, as well as mine.

Litzi

I run a wide gambit when it comes to roleplay...I love fluff romance as well as other things....;) Whats a good genre for you? Mystery? Romance? Horror? Sci-Fi? I've recently discovered a love for Doctor Who myself...hehee

Pretty in Pink

"What is this?  You promised me an army!"

"No, I promised you the equivalent of.  This is the Doctor."

I would DEFINITELY love to play something Doctor Who-esque, most definitely!

Unfortunately, plot ideas are not my forte.  v_v  So... if you can come with anything...

Litzi

Hmmm...Would we need a third to play the doctor or would you like to play him? I think that would be neat! BBC America had a marathon on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...I saw a few of the David Tennent ones but saw the whole season of Matt Smith's.  I loved it though! So awesome!  If we find someone, we could be some historical personages or one a history/space person and the other a companion...

Pretty in Pink

I would most definitely love to play the Doctor, of course.  I've been a fan ever since the new one started (never saw any of the old one, not old enough).  When I say the new one, I mean like the last couple of years worth.

But if you would like someone else to play as well, we could definitely do that.  Kind of like the end episodes of the first season of the new Doctor Who.

Litzi

So you're the Doctor...I could be a companion...Would you like to invite someone to be a history person and/or space alien?