Recruiting for a Pathfinder Campaign

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, December 21, 2010, 09:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Pathfinder

A young woman comes up to you.   She is roughly five foot tall, with heels about five feet four inches.   Black hair, blue or gray eyes although with the lighting it appears her eyes may even be lavender.    She is dressed in a white button down blouse and gray pinstripe pencil skirt.    Hands you a gift card from Macys, that says; ‘you have won a free holidays vacation trip from Macys’.   ‘Come Sunday Twenty Sixth of December 2010, at 0900 am’.  ‘To collect your winning prize.’   

As each one arrives at the department store Macys.   Each is directed to the Santa Claus North Pole display scene, where children had come to speak with Santa Claus for Christmas just past the day before.   Once all that have received a card with advising them they have won a free trip have arrived.    The woman that handed out the cards to each one of you arrives.   She introduces herself, as Lailai Smith.  She then asks the group to follow her as she leads the group then into the Santa castle of the North Pole display.    Entering the setting the group comes up on the empty seat of Santa Claus.    Ms Smith does not stop but continues through the display.  With it becoming pitch dark, despite the complete darkness the group is able to follow Ms Smith.   

What the ‘Fairy Tails’  campaign is about,  it is about five to six individuals who have a connection to the magical fantasy land of Never never land.     

The system used;  Pathfinder     For convenience here is the open source reference documents for Pathfinder –  http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html

Starting Character level is 1st  level
Ability Scores are brought with  20 point buy
Races – Only Standard races.
Classes – Only standard classes.
Alignments – Any good,  lawful neutral,  true neutral and only one chaotic neutral
Starting gold - as per starting for class.  (Note a character with wealth in real world persona does not transcribe to the fantasy realm.)

The game will be set in ’extreme system small group games’.

Each character will have a background of now modern day .    Any kind of profession from law enforcement, nurse, schoolteacher, etc…  In the real world, the characters are human.    They may have a tell tale marking that they are more then human if so, with their ‘Never never land’ persona.    Which when in the fantasy realm they assume their inner persona.   Example they might be elven when enter the magical realm.   

The game is designed for the characters to grow as they adventure on a epic quest, to fight evil.   That not only threatens Never never land but the real world as well.   In a dark gritty setting that has horror unspeakable atrocities and harsh realities that indeed the strongest survive.   Rape, and other malicious offenses can and might just happen even upon player characters.

Seeking players committed to long term  role play

kckolbe

Wow, this is really cool.  So, once we enter the magical land some potential unlocks?  For example, an accountant could start out as a wizard?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes that is that is the general gist.    As well the campaign will not only take place in Never never land, but also will go back and forth with the real world.   

ManyMindsManyVoices

"Dammit, I came here, then clicked this, thought 'I'm keeping myself so busy', then read your premise and realize, I will absolutely make time. I'll give a character idea when I see who else is playing."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

dnd3edm1

What the heck- I'll bite.

Name: Luther Rossolio
Concept: Man with nothing thrust into a position of great importance.
As a human, Luther is a short, stocky white guy in his 20's.  His face is mildly disfigured, a curse of genetics.  In high school, he had but one passion- music.  His voice was immaculate, and he tried to get on the choir, but nobody ever let him.  When they added ten people to the roster and didn't include him, his passion turned dark- he realized that no matter his talent or skill, no matter how hard he worked, nobody would pay any attention to him because he was ugly.  His life after high school wasn't anything special, either- he got an associate's in hotel management and found himself in the middle of a recession.  He found himself flipping burgers to get by.  So when a cute girl comes up to him at Macy's telling him he won a prize, it was somewhat astonishing.  He managed to get co-workers to cover for him so he could go, and at 9:00 am just after Christmas, he was there.

His nether self is almost his exact physical opposite, perhaps responding to the natural gifts he craved.  He is a tall and fit elven man, with long, silky raven hair that he ties behind him into a ponytail, keeping his ears reasonably well hidden.  In addition, he has dusky green eyes, a short blade at his side, a backpack, a longbow and quiver, and a scroll pouch, as well as a buckler strapped to his arm.

1st level true neutral elven Bard
STR 12 (2) DEX 15 (3) CON 11 (3) INT 14 (2) WIS 10 (0) CHA 16 (10)
Skill Ranks: Acrobatics 2, Bluff 4, Climb 4, Diplomacy 4, Disguise 2, Escape Artist 4, Perception 4, Perform [Oratory] 4, Stealth 4
Feats: Combat Expertise
Spells: 0: Detect Magic, Message, Mending, Prestidigitation; 1: Cure Light Wounds, Summon Monster I
Items: Short sword, longbow, 20 arrows, boot dagger, backpack, bedroll, leather armor, buckler, scroll case with a collection of poetic epics, some chalk, a mirror, a torch, 3 days of trail rations, flint and steel
Change: 13 gp 13 sp 8 cp
I rolled 140 for gold [id 20835, my user id is 16670]

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you all who have shown interest and welcome.

Phantasmatical

Consider me tentatively interested. I'll brainstorm a bit on a character concept. How do you feel about APG classes (summoner, alchemist, etc)?

slavenumber689

Well colour me interested, However I've never played pathfinder before but I'm willing to learn

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Phantasmatical on December 22, 2010, 05:54:35 AM
Consider me tentatively interested. I'll brainstorm a bit on a character concept. How do you feel about APG classes (summoner, alchemist, etc)?

Such is fine.

dnd3edm1 -  need to adjust skill points are not times at 1st level as per 3.5 D&D.    So as a Bard you get 6+int bonus.  Assign your points to skills and you gain a +3 bonus on these skills if you have ranks in them

For reference - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/usingSkills.html

slavenumber689

Hey um yeah attempting to make a character but I'm having issues any help would be very much apreciated. Even if you dont acept me into this this would help alot as it would help me get a foot into the door to playing pathfinder.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: slavenumber689 on December 22, 2010, 06:26:15 AM
Hey um yeah attempting to make a character but I'm having issues any help would be very much apreciated. Even if you dont acept me into this this would help alot as it would help me get a foot into the door to playing pathfinder.

The initial post has a link that is quite helpful.  As it has all the information.  The basic thing to remember is Pathfinder is 3.5 D&D  a 3.75 version with tweaks with improvement.

slavenumber689

Perhaps you could help explain skills to me, for I am dense. How many would a human bard get at first level with a statline of 9,15,8,13,13,18? Or altenatively have I mad a horrible mistake with my point allocation? I'd really apreciate the help.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: slavenumber689 on December 22, 2010, 07:14:19 AM
Perhaps you could help explain skills to me, for I am dense. How many would a human bard get at first level with a statline of 9,15,8,13,13,18? Or altenatively have I mad a horrible mistake with my point allocation? I'd really apreciate the help.

Like to mention we already have a bard.

A bard starts with 6+intelligence bonus in skill ranks and receives such each level.   A human character gets +1 at each level in addition.

Reference link  http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/usingSkills.html

Now  in building ability scores base stats are 10 not 8 as in 3.5 D&D.  Scroll down in the provided link.  You will find a chart that gives you the cost for building up attributes.  An what points awarded if lower a attribute to gain more points to the 20 point pool for attributes.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/gettingStarted.html

slavenumber689

I am aware of the other bard here I'm just kind of hoping for more people to fill the other roles (as selfish as that seems I know). Thanks for the help for figuring out skills and such I have really no idea what I'm doing at all, finaly skill ranks I'm somewhat baffeled the site says I can have 8 if I have this right (6+int moddifier,1,+1 for being human) but I dont know how the rules work for applying these. that and spells how many can I learn I'm sure its on there some where but I am an idiot. Please help.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: slavenumber689 on December 22, 2010, 07:49:14 AM
I am aware of the other bard here I'm just kind of hoping for more people to fill the other roles (as selfish as that seems I know). Thanks for the help for figuring out skills and such I have really no idea what I'm doing at all, finaly skill ranks I'm somewhat baffeled the site says I can have 8 if I have this right (6+int moddifier,1,+1 for being human) but I dont know how the rules work for applying these. that and spells how many can I learn I'm sure its on there some where but I am an idiot. Please help.

To the left is a lexicon with links to the pages you needed.  This is in the linked pages I provided to you so far.  For what skills to pick,  need to go to classes find the bard class and read through the bard class.   It lists the class skills available to a bard.

Same with magic listed  links.   Take your time read through and you should get a better understanding.   

dnd3edm1

Sorry for the mistake regarding skills- that's an interesting change they made.  I'll try to pay closer attention to the Pathfinder rules- it wouldn't do to mess up in the middle of combat...

1st level true neutral elven Bard
STR 12 (2) DEX 15 (3) CON 11 (3) INT 14 (2) WIS 10 (0) CHA 16 (10)
Skill Ranks: Acrobatics 1, Bluff 1, Climb 1, Diplomacy 1, Escape Artist 1, Perception 1, Perform [Oratory] 1, Stealth 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Celestial
Feats: Combat Expertise
Spells: 0: Detect Magic, Message, Mending, Prestidigitation; 1: Cure Light Wounds, Summon Monster I
Items: Short sword, longbow, 20 arrows, boot dagger, backpack, bedroll, leather armor, buckler, scroll case with a collection of poetic epics, some chalk, a mirror, a torch, 3 days of trail rations, flint and steel
Change: 13 gp 13 sp 8 cp
I rolled 140 for gold [id 20835, my user id is 16670]

lorcan

Hmm Consider me interested in this.  if their is still room my guy is a  bit  brutish starting out MMA fighter with an aptitude for a very near unhealthy temper. who once enters Never Never land becomes a Half orc barbarian.

Elven Sex Goddess

No problem   dnd3edm1,  thanks for correcting it.

lorcan welcome to the game,   sounds good the half orc,   just need to do up a character sheet.

Callie Del Noire

Shame about the core races only... FINALLY found an inspiration to use an Assimar in a game becuase of this setting!

Compulsive Gambler.. very lucky person.. on the other side finds out that he/she is a 'fated' bloodline sorcerer of Assimar stock. LOL. With ties to a celestial servant to the god/goddess of luck

Ah well.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 24, 2010, 01:42:30 PM
Shame about the core races only... FINALLY found an inspiration to use an Assimar in a game becuase of this setting!

Compulsive Gambler.. very lucky person.. on the other side finds out that he/she is a 'fated' bloodline sorcerer of Assimar stock. LOL. With ties to a celestial servant to the god/goddess of luck

Ah well.

An Assimar will be fine.    As per the pathfinder rules   http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/aasimar.html#aasimar

In regards to creating a player character of that is an  Assimar.   

Callie Del Noire

Rough writeup  of what she'd be like. :D Blame it on HairyHeretic.. I liked the image of a 'luck' Sorceress so much. :D

EMERALD ANNE DANTE- ELLQUG   CR 1/2
Female Aasimar Sorcerer 1
CG Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision (60 feet); Perception +4
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 6 (1d6)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +3
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Dagger +0 (1d4/19-20/x2) and
. . Quarterstaff +0 (1d6/20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +0 (1d3/20/x2)
Ranged Sling +2 (1d4/20/x2)
Spell-Like Abilities Daylight (1/day)
Sorcerer Spells Known (CL 1, +0 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 (4/day) Magic Missile, Charm Person (DC 15)
0 (at will) Prestidigitation (DC 14), Read Magic, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Arcane Strike, Eschew Materials
Skills Bluff +8, Diplomacy +6, Perception +4, Profession: Gambler +5, Spellcraft +6, Use Magic Device +8
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic, Elven
SQ Destined, Touch of Destiny +1 (7/day) (Sp)
Combat Gear Dagger, Quarterstaff, Bullets, Sling (12), Sling; Other Gear Backpack (29 @ 59 lbs), Bedroll, Flint and steel, Ink (1 oz. vial, black) (4), Inkpen (2), Lantern, hooded, Oil (1-pint flask) (5), Potion of Cure Light Wounds, Potion of Sanctuary, Pouch, belt (4 @ 1 lbs), Rations, trail (per day) (10), Spell component pouch, Tent, Small, Travelling Spellbook (blank), Waterskin (4), Whetstone
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Arcane Strike As a swift action, add +1 damage, +1 per 5 caster levels and your weapons are treated as magic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Damage Resistance, Acid (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Acid attacks.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Daylight (1/day) (Sp) Daylight once per day.
Destined When you cast a Personal spell, gain a save bonus of its level for 1 round.
Eschew Materials Cast without materials, if material cost is <= 1gp.
Touch of Destiny +1 (7/day) (Sp) Creature touched gains +1 sorcerer level to most rolls for 1r.

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Marlow

This sounds really interesting. I've never done an online Pathfinder game before, but I'm not stranger to the game.

Also, I find http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ to be an excellent Pathfinder source.

I was thinking something along the lines of an Archaeology student who is a Sorcerer in Never Neverland, a large and gruff woodsy kind of guy who is a Ranger in Never Neverland, a construction worker/road-side worker who is a Barbarian or Fighter, and a few others.

One question, would you allow a male to play a female character, and would our characters have alternate lives in Never Neverland, or would they find themselves suddenly thrust in to this odd world with strange and wondrous abilities?
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Marlow on December 24, 2010, 08:03:47 PM
This sounds really interesting. I've never done an online Pathfinder game before, but I'm not stranger to the game.

Also, I find http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ to be an excellent Pathfinder source.

I was thinking something along the lines of an Archaeology student who is a Sorcerer in Never Neverland, a large and gruff woodsy kind of guy who is a Ranger in Never Neverland, a construction worker/road-side worker who is a Barbarian or Fighter, and a few others.

One question, would you allow a male to play a female character, and would our characters have alternate lives in Never Neverland, or would they find themselves suddenly thrust in to this odd world with strange and wondrous abilities?

Thank you for the link,  had lost it was on my laptop.   Character sounds good, looking forward to seeing it done up...

To answer the question if want to play female that is fine.  Although it is based on others in the role play how they feel.   In regards to other added stuff outside of the campaign.   

To answer the other part.  Your suddenly thrust into the magical world and inherit the basic knowledges of being a level 1.   The course of the game will see the party returning for some parts of the campaign to the real world.   In their original human forms.   

Marlow

Would you be able to give me a quick run-down of how exactly a forum based system-game works? I cannot really grasp it, to be honest.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

CmdrRenegade

I'd like to be in for this.  Will update this post with a character soon. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.