News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Justice League Origins (Interest Check)

Started by MaiMizzu, January 02, 2014, 09:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

We have decided we need a new Justice League RP, but we wanted a different kind of story.

So it starts with none of the league really knowing one another, or perhaps a couple have worked together before. Black Mask is getting funding from a very private and rich source to start some mayhem. So he's put together small teams of villains.. starting with Mr Freeze and Captain Cold. And there will be multiple other pairs, eventually leading to the formation of a Legion of Doom sort of thing.

Batman sees this pattern of baddies forming, and he decides he needs to act. but he knows he can't do things on his own, given this is just after the death of Jason Todd. The other heroes will be established in their own region, but nothing more than that at the moment.

We're looking for maybe up to 9 players, and we have a few characters already spoken for: Wonder Woman, Batman and (maybe) Flash. We're still fleshing out the start of the story, but we think we're getting there.

Our CS

[b]Player Name: [/b]

[b]Character Real Name: [/b]

[b]Codename: [/b]

[b]Known Aliases: [/b]

[b]Approximate Age: [/b]

[b]Height: [/b]

[b]Weight: [/b]

[b]Birthplace: [/b]

[b]Metahuman Powers: [/b]

[b]Abilities: [/b]

[b]Equipment: [/b]

[b]Brief Bio: [/b]

[b]Voice Claim: [/b]

[b]Image: [/b]

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Wajin

Very, very interested indeed :D

Also, would love to play either Hal Jordan or Kal-El
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Batman4560

mia h

[Insert name of hero just as soon as I've worked out who they are] reporting for duty  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

RubySlippers

These games are always so serious I want to play Alley-Kat-Abra member of the Zoo Crew. Just add in some armor well to help her survive and some way to get around if Batman will help there and she is good to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alley-Kat-Abra

She is technically a DC heroine.  ;D

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 02, 2014, 12:47:48 PM
These games are always so serious I want to play Alley-Kat-Abra member of the Zoo Crew. Just add in some armor well to help her survive and some way to get around if Batman will help there and she is good to go.

Kinda hard to criticize the choice when your own favourite character's costume is based on Yankee Poodle  ;D

RubySlippers

I figure it was the usual big duel o' magic and a bump to the game universe where she went - wtf - before helping Batman or someone against a baddy.

apygoos

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 02, 2014, 12:47:48 PM

while a DC heroine, and i do enjoy light hearted elements to be a part of story flow, I'd rather not see alleykat. If this was a purely lighthearted RP, I wouldn't see a problem in it, but I find it very difficult to take that character seriously. I apologize if that ruins your interest in the RP, but maybe a heroine like Zatanna would be something to consider if you wanted to stick with the "magic" archetype. there are also a good number of other DC heroines

Batman4560

As much as I like Rocket Raccoon type characters I have to agree with Apy.

apygoos

Quote from: Batman4560 on January 02, 2014, 05:05:42 PM
As much as I like Rocket Raccoon type characters I have to agree with Apy.
hey now, Rocket Raccoon can actually be taken seriously.
you don't fuck with the Guaridians of the Galaxy

Wajin

Quote from: apygoos on January 02, 2014, 05:25:29 PM
hey now, Rocket Raccoon can actually be taken seriously.
you don't fuck with the Guaridians of the Galaxy

I've seen a dude play Groot well in a roleplay a while ago :P
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

RubySlippers

Didn't hurt to ask, I can settle for Aquagirl OR Wonder Girl.

mia h

Well ultimately it depends of the set-up\mood of the game but I'm leaning towwards Starfire, cause who doesn't love red-heads?  ;D

apygoos

dont be shy people!

also, it would likely end up Aquagirl, because we don't necessarily want Wonder Woman's sidekick to be a prominent member of the justice league, whereas Aquagirl is more easily adjusted to be so.
Starfire could work, i suppose.

RubySlippers

apygoos

when it comes to Aquagirl: her canon powerset is nearly identical to that of Aquaman. Arthur exist in this timeline, but Aquaman is busy being the king of Atlantis, not leaving much time for him to even wave a thought to much beyond his own country.

mia h

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2014, 09:30:54 PM
Starfire could work, i suppose.

What do you mean "i suppose" ? Of course she'll work  :P

RubySlippers

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2014, 11:49:14 PM
when it comes to Aquagirl: her canon powerset is nearly identical to that of Aquaman. Arthur exist in this timeline, but Aquaman is busy being the king of Atlantis, not leaving much time for him to even wave a thought to much beyond his own country.

I planned to take the usual physical abilities, hyper-swimming, communicate with sea creatures (telepathic) , friend of sea life and expert in Atlantian Trident. She cannot command sea life she isn't Lord of the Seaaka Aquaman but would be a friend when making requests.

apygoos

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 04:42:35 PM
I planned to take the usual physical abilities, hyper-swimming, communicate with sea creatures (telepathic) , friend of sea life and expert in Atlantian Trident. She cannot command sea life she isn't Lord of the Seaaka Aquaman but would be a friend when making requests.
that sounds A-OK!

RubySlippers

MaiMizzu

So let me get this straight..
So far we have:
Batman
Flash
Superman (probably)
Wonder Woman
Starfire
Aquagirl

That look right?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 05, 2014, 06:28:55 PM
So let me get this straight..
So far we have:
Batman
Flash
Superman (probably)
Wonder Woman
Starfire
Aquagirl

That look right?
looks accurate as far as i can tell.
also, if we can get a few more interest/character proposals, we might be able to start really getting things in motion!

mia h

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 05, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
And a skimpy outfit of course.
skimpy?

pfft that's not skimpy, this on the other hand

;D

Batman4560