Gauging interest for 'This is Sparta!' Period roleplay! (Bondage/Human)

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 08, 2015, 10:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

This is Sparta!
Laconophilia (also known as Laconism)[1] is love or admiration of Sparta and of the Spartan culture or constitution. The term derives from Laconia, the part of the Peloponnesus where the Spartans lived.

The unique oligarchy political system setup in  ancient Sparta unique even amongst its peers in the ancient world and amongst the Greek States.   The society of Sparta is derived into three classes. 

Spartans -   The ruling class,  from this formed the bulk of the army.   A military state, the young man as boys at the age of seven would attend the Agrope for a military education.    But this was not all they were also taught how to read,  philosophy and dance for example.    They were expected to serve for seven years in the army and then be on active reserve until the age of sixty.      For the women of Sparta.   They held more freedoms and privileges then their counter parts in the rest of Greece,  even that of Athens.     Like the young men the women are schooled, through less in the ways of the military.     They did not marry until their late teens and early twenties.  Unlike other Greek states that seen their women married at the ages of twelve and thirteen.    Nor were they hidden away and adorn with clothing that hid them.   Spartan women were allowed to roam free,  wore dresses that slit up the sides for allowance of freedom of movement.    They participated in the 'Gymnopaedia'   the festival of nude youths an athletic competition.   

It is from this class that the players will come from.    Ranging in age from sixteen to twenty years old.   

Another unique thing amongst the Spartans was the women practicing polyandry.  It was considered an honor if a more capable man beget ones wife with child.   Such practice was to ensure the continued birth of healthy strong babies.   

In all this elite citizens of the state of Sparta are a ruling class that enjoys much in terms of rights and privileges.    With the class of Helots they did not have to worry about the mundane and menial tasks of every day in their leisure and pleasurable pursuits.   However, the were also forbidden in terms of craftsmanship and such from partaking.  For this role fell to the class known as the Perioikoi.

Perioikoi -  Also free citizens of Sparta.    The craftsman and artists of Sparta.   Their loyalty is derived from the fact the law forbid Spartans from taking to such professions.      The army would be filled out with auxiliary troops from this class.

Helots -   Slaves those that performed the menial tasks and farmed working the fields.    Through more akin to feudal serfs then slaves.   For what farms they worked,  from their landlord Spartans.   They were allowed to keep half.   They actually made up the bulk of Spartan society.       

Character sheet
Quote[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]  (No one under 16 and no one over 20)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Description or Picture:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]What makes you, you:[/b]

The nuance of the game striven for is a ancient classical  high school / college atmosphere.   Amongst the players and their characters.      

RubySlippers

Name: Dione

Description or Picture:

Personality: Is brilliant, strong, opinionated, passionate and not prone to wasting money and is a capable Spartan woman that could match non-Spartan men in her strong blood forged from Hercules himself according to legend. She enjoys Logic and Philosophy, commerce as in managing the affairs of the family over lesser Spartans and slaves and music and poetry and is considered quite a good spouse for Spartan men so is kind of picky. But is taking the advice of her parents on options they are more experienced its more fitting she take their council. She does take women lovers, openly favoring them, but does like men just wants to be married then let her husband bed her and select her lovers.

What makes you, you: Is devoted to Spartan superiority although not elitist to allies of Sparta or Perioikoi whose young women she will mentor and take as lovers for a time they are not Helots after all, and will usually help them enter a trade suitable for their talents, she considers it acceptable. Of course her friends must come from HER class of proper Spartans they run things after all. She is devoted to her family her baby sister the youngest, her six brothers all either in the Agoge or now entering their adult roles as warriors. She does enjoy watching the men fight in tests of skill first to find ones she finds worth her time and to enjoy the beauty of a well defined body, watching women comes in a close second for the same reasons and she enjoys teaching holding talks about Philosophy and promoting the ideals of her people as superior to barbarians and of course Athens. For athletics she enjoys running and swimming, wrestling, dancing and competed and won the older maidens foot race in the Heraea on the way back to Sparta with her father returning from a diplomatic meeting for the Kings with allies.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Korinna
Description or Picture:

Personality:  To outsiders of Spartan culture.   Korinna would be seen as a young woman who does not know her place.   Being she would seem to interject her thoughts in conversations a woman should have no place partaking in.   Some would say this exhibits a head strong extrovert,  rebellious young woman.   Within her own culture she is considered shy.   Yet a dependable young woman.         

What makes you, you:  Not all are equal within Spartan class.   Such is the case of  Korinna.   For she carries the stigma of her  mother who has only bore her.   Her father has begot others upon others wives.   So the fault lies not with him.     She has to deal with this albatross hanging over her.   She is a swift tireless runner.    A skilled javelin thrower.    Also linguistic in she speaks also Latin and  Persian Farsi.     Showing a large degree of intelligence and learning.     

Korinna is impatient to throw off the yoke of the albatross that hangs over her head.   That she has no direct brother or sisters because of her mother.  Only half brothers and sisters.    She has since sixteen years of age begun exploring her sexuality.   Taken other young women as lovers.    For it is frown upon to have a child before it is proper time.    Of course when it is time and a young maiden has reached the consented proper age of breeding within the society.   It is expected that one does there part in delivery healthy strong babies to the Spartan society.   

Korinna through has blossom into a beautiful young woman.   Despite the black cloud that hangs over her.    The wise women the midwifes of birthing.   Have remarked that Korinna has the hips for child baring.     

Holmes

Name: Lelex
Description or Picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Lelex is a warrior. He is very confident in both his fighting and negotiating abilities. Years of advanced schooling have also made him quite intelligent, though more in the art of war than in anything else. Lelex is also very honorable as well, though only in public settings. He is known to be a fury on the battlefield an animal elsewhere.
What makes you, you: Lelex was born in to the family of a great general, and was named after a legendary Spartan warrior king. He is expected to live up to both of these standards, and so far he has. He excelled in his education, and has proven himself to be an strong warrior and a brilliant strategist. The only thing the young an lacks is a wife, and his father expects him to fix that soon enough.
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Elven Sex Goddess

Ruby Slippers,  Dione looks good.   

An Holmes,  Lelex looks good. 

Thank you both for showing interest in this game.   As well as you Deamonbane.     I hope that a few more will be interested in joining in.   So like to give it more time in recruiting before we get started.   At least until the weekend.   

RubySlippers

Holmes

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

RubySlippers

Did this start yet, I'm pretty much bedridden at home for several weeks so have ample free time.

Lelex might favor Dione as a wife, she comes from a good family not of a leader leaning line but respectable whose women are good honorable Spartans of usually high regard both for bearing strong children and fertile and of value for other noble virtues.

Elven Sex Goddess

Hasn't started yet, still hoping to get more interest.    Were sitting at three which includes me and one interest.   Be nice if we could draw one or two more to the game. 

Holmes

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 27, 2015, 12:58:31 PM
Did this start yet, I'm pretty much bedridden at home for several weeks so have ample free time.

Lelex might favor Dione as a wife, she comes from a good family not of a leader leaning line but respectable whose women are good honorable Spartans of usually high regard both for bearing strong children and fertile and of value for other noble virtues.
Quite possible, quite possible.

Deamonbane

Name: Parmenion
Personality: A man older than his years, he was forced by circumstance to rise above and beyond any of his peers without actually rising above them. Easily the smartest man his age in Sparta, and yet he plays a quiet role, rarely interacting with the other youths, drinking only when it is required of him. Fiercely smart, and yet his knowledge extends little beyond combat, fighting and weaponry. Cold, arrogant and manipulative, he is either hated or respected by his peers.
What makes you, you: He was born at a disadvantage. His father fell in brief lust with a Helot woman, and she him for a few days. Of course, him being a high-standing man in the Spartan Council and she a slave, the days were locked away as pleasant. However, when it was discovered that she had become pregnant, his shame was revealed. He was mocked by his peers and lost most of the respect that he had. When the boy was 6, he was roughly dragged away from his mother and brought to where young Spartan boys were honed into the weapons that they usually were in order to maintain what little honor he had.

However, his father's indiscretions followed Parmenion through the years od training, making him have to prove to be the best of his age to prove that a half-blood like him could even train among pure-blooded Spartans. And had, proving himself above and beyond what the other lads had to, forever haunted by his parentage. His own father all but ignored and avoided the boy until he died in battle when Parmenion was 14, and after that, things smoothed out. He was a gifted tactician, an almost peerless warrior and his instructors respected that, and even the other boys knew to avoid angering him. He never had any friends, although a few of the younger boys seemed to team up with him if only to glean some of his excellence.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Elven Sex Goddess

DeamonBane;  Parmenion looks good

That is now a total of four.   

Still accepting applicants.

Praxis

I would be interested in creating a Spartan warrior.

I'll bang one out tonight.

RubySlippers

AdrianZef

If you're still looking for male characters, count me in as interested!
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes more then welcome.  So make a character. 

I am about to head to bed,  I will be putting up the OOC and IC threads starting tomorrow.   

Deamonbane

Elven Sex Goddess

This is Sparta - OOC

This is Sparta - IC

A few notes,   to ease the blending of our characters.   It will be assumed the males were housed in the same barracks and developed a camaraderie  while the females were schooled in the same classes to likewise develop friendship.   An the two groups over the course of growing up developed a closeness while they exercised. 

Applications still being accepted especially for female characters.   I personally have no problem with someone playing a gender not theirs.  However,  I would ask if such to ask first for I am not sure on how others feel.   

RubySlippers

Do the other women want to be returning from the Heraea likely Spartan women would have done well, in the foot races at the women's competition.

Elven Sex Goddess

Other women?   Other Spartan women?   As the opening setting is merely at the end of a day ending with an exercise session.   Friends coming together.   Discussing of joining a club ( syssitia ).      A simple scene to wet everyone feet in opening.   

From there,  such plot devices as a minor Helot rebellion,  perhaps over more shares of grain.  A Athenian league raiding party seen nearby.  The men who are twenty  and now full time active soldiers in the army now head to find the supposed raiding party.   While that nineteen year old  is biting at the bit.  Might take off with a couple of head strong women to find these raiders on their own.    Of course there is the courtships.  The intricate webs of trysts that can evolve.  An in those relationships the men sneaking out of their barracks to court the women.    To such simple things as the group going on a hunt together.   Hunting down a wild boar.    A dangerous animal to hunt for the hunter.   Who might have to contend with wolves.    Then of coursed the gympedia  where the players find themselves completing against other Greek city states in athletic competition.   To perhaps the group is tasked with a diplomatic mission to say Athens.   

Viper

GAH PROCRASTINATION!!!

Im gonna place my interest in here, I am pretty busy, but if my muse picks up like its starting to, I will make a profile. But for now, I will keep watch over this...XD

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Viper on March 05, 2015, 09:21:55 PM
GAH PROCRASTINATION!!!

Im gonna place my interest in here, I am pretty busy, but if my muse picks up like its starting to, I will make a profile. But for now, I will keep watch over this...XD

Great, look forward to such.