what MMOs is anyone playing?

Started by boogop, July 05, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Quote from: Yugishogun on March 10, 2014, 08:46:19 PM
I share that emotion.

Ot: Does anyone have any suggestions for mmos that focus on parties? It'd be fun to gather some Elliquiy members on mumble and have a nice time playing one.

Elliquiy has a decent presence on DDO's Thelanis server.

Tsenta

DDO is pretty fun. The server the guild Veks is on has some pretty friendly people too. It's worth looking up at least.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Yukina

Quote from: Tsenta on March 15, 2014, 05:04:09 AM
DDO is pretty fun. The server the guild Veks is on has some pretty friendly people too. It's worth looking up at least.

Quote from: Vekseid on March 15, 2014, 04:03:41 AM

I'll try that today then.

Hades

After I wake back up tomorrow (cause yay for the midnight shift) I plan to jump servers and starting from scratch as well.  Which works well since I've not played for awhile and would be rusty with the controls if I jumped into the characters on my current server.

MabFaerie

Quote from: Vekseid on March 15, 2014, 04:03:41 AM

I used to play DDO, but that was AGES ago. I'm pretty sure I have a level 17 Elven Cleric that's just been sitting in a tavern for 3 years. XD
Interestingly enough, it actually was on Thelanis server! I may have to pop back in sometime.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Vekseid

Quote from: Yugishogun on March 15, 2014, 08:37:30 AM
I'll try that today then.

Quote from: MabFaerie on March 20, 2014, 07:36:30 PM
I used to play DDO, but that was AGES ago. I'm pretty sure I have a level 17 Elven Cleric that's just been sitting in a tavern for 3 years. XD
Interestingly enough, it actually was on Thelanis server! I may have to pop back in sometime.

Let me know when you're on : )

Florence

Oh? A friend recently dragged me to DDO xD Different server though.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Yukina

I finished downloading DDO about a half or so ago. Now I'm just waiting the annoyingly long installation to finish...

Haven

Playing?  None, though I could jump onto DDO with you fine people.

Watching rabidly?  Star Citizen.

Lien

First off, sorry if none has touched this thread in a while. Saw the MMO question and had to answer.

The most recent one was the Elder Scrolls Online beta, but I doubt I'll be giving it a proper go. I enjoyed Skyrim and what of the beta I got to play seemed decent for beta (sadly, I kept having login issues. Last two beta plays I just didn't bother). Been watching a playthrough online and it looks beautiful. I just don't want to pay the subscription fees for it.

I've considered going back to Everquest, which one the first MMO I played and my favorite of all, but it's changed so much I don't even recognize it anymore. At least it's free.

There's others out there, but I doubt I'll find one that gives me the enjoyment or experience pre-Luclin EQ had. Still say that version of the game was the best MMO ever released.
"...Sometimes I'm a raging chatterbox..."

.¸¸.•{-- On/Offs --}•.¸¸.

Doomsday

If anyone needed any reasons to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I present you this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-oTh3BSwrM

Chris Brady

If it weren't another subbed game, I'd get into it.  Although, truth be told, I'm waiting for what they do with the Dark Knight.  What the goal will be, what type of weapon the class will be (Cuz I'm hoping for Greatsword) stuff like that, and if it's enticing enough...  I might get into it.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

makizushi

I have recently returned to Pirates of the Burning Sea. It's free and surprisingly enough, there are still plenty of people playing. This shocked me really. I might get back into it. It's free after all, and who doesn't want to be the captain of their own gun-totting pirate ship?!

Doomsday

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 19, 2014, 06:24:51 PM
If it weren't another subbed game, I'd get into it.  Although, truth be told, I'm waiting for what they do with the Dark Knight.  What the goal will be, what type of weapon the class will be (Cuz I'm hoping for Greatsword) stuff like that, and if it's enticing enough...  I might get into it.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Dark Knight makes it in! I imagine it will, every base class will eventually split into two jobs. Since they use swords, it might make sense for them to branch off of Gladiator and use some sort of greatsword, though maybe they'll branch off of Lancer and use scythes of some sort. Also if you hadn't heard, Rogue and Ninja were confirmed for next patch!

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Doomsday on July 21, 2014, 03:27:07 PM
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Dark Knight makes it in! I imagine it will, every base class will eventually split into two jobs. Since they use swords, it might make sense for them to branch off of Gladiator and use some sort of greatsword, though maybe they'll branch off of Lancer and use scythes of some sort. Also if you hadn't heard, Rogue and Ninja were confirmed for next patch!

Each class/job share a weapon type.  So if Dark Knight comes out its base will have to use a greatsword.  That being said, Dark Knight and Gunner are two of the most wanted jobs and Ninja was as well.   
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Doomsday

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 21, 2014, 03:52:37 PM
Each class/job share a weapon type.  So if Dark Knight comes out its base will have to use a greatsword.  That being said, Dark Knight and Gunner are two of the most wanted jobs and Ninja was as well.

Well, there's a bit of an exception to that, as WHM and BLM can use either a two-handed staff, or a wand and a shield. So it would make a lot of sense if they enabled Gladiators, Paladins and Dark Knights to do this as well.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I got the Wave Buckler, and my roommate beat me on the roll for the Wave Wand by like, 1 point, and he doesn't even have WHM leveled -_-

Chris Brady

Quote from: Doomsday on July 21, 2014, 04:12:31 PM
Well, there's a bit of an exception to that, as WHM and BLM can use either a two-handed staff, or a wand and a shield. So it would make a lot of sense if they enabled Gladiators, Paladins and Dark Knights to do this as well.
Wouldn't it be more Marauder having the Greatsword, as opposed to the Gladiator?  I thought the Glads were one hand and shield (According to what we discussed about the game, Sin.  I could, of course, be misremembering it.)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Yup, gladiators are pure mitigation tanks.  You would have to fully change their abilities around to give them greatswords.  As for for white and black mages they are essentially the same except for one does damage the other heals but they both are of the mage variety. 

Shjade

Quote from: Doomsday on July 18, 2014, 02:06:32 PM
If anyone needed any reasons to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, I present you this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-oTh3BSwrM

*scratches head* ...an uninspired cover of an old pop hit?

I honestly don't get it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Doomsday

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 21, 2014, 07:04:19 PM
Wouldn't it be more Marauder having the Greatsword, as opposed to the Gladiator?  I thought the Glads were one hand and shield (According to what we discussed about the game, Sin.  I could, of course, be misremembering it.)

Well, it's like I said, if WHM can switch off between wand/shield and two handed staff, it would only make sense if new two handed swords were implemented that worked with GLD, PLD and DRK.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a total leap of logic for them to just sword and shield, I believe.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Doomsday on July 22, 2014, 09:26:37 AM
Well, it's like I said, if WHM can switch off between wand/shield and two handed staff, it would only make sense if new two handed swords were implemented that worked with GLD, PLD and DRK.

Otherwise it wouldn't be a total leap of logic for them to just sword and shield, I believe.

But that wouldn't work because gladiator needs the block to be viable as a tank.

Doomsday

It makes sense mechanically, though, and warriors do fine without shields. Though since warriors arguably do more damage and have higher health, I'm sure there would be some sort of trade-off for the paladin using a greatsword. What would be really interesting is if there was some sort of mechanic that allowed you to switch between a greatsword and a sword/shield setup depending on if you're using sword or shield oath.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Doomsday on July 24, 2014, 09:18:22 AM
It makes sense mechanically, though, and warriors do fine without shields. Though since warriors arguably do more damage and have higher health, I'm sure there would be some sort of trade-off for the paladin using a greatsword. What would be really interesting is if there was some sort of mechanic that allowed you to switch between a greatsword and a sword/shield setup depending on if you're using sword or shield oath.

Warriors do fine with out shields because their abilities restore health.  Warriors bank on tons of cooldowns.  So if they did give gladiators a greatsword they'd have to build them like warriors.... Which would be effing pointless.  Just give Warriors the greatsword.

Doomsday

Fair enough. In that event, they might as well make them scythes though, as I'm told in FFXI they used greatswords and scythes.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Doomsday on July 24, 2014, 03:53:33 PM
Fair enough. In that event, they might as well make them scythes though, as I'm told in FFXI they used greatswords and scythes.

I see them having their own class to go with the job and most likely they'll use greatswords and be tanks.  While scythes would be nice, I have a feeling you'd have nothing but dark knights running around do to them having a scythe.  So I see them with greatswords.