Justice League: Beyond

Started by Norsegod1839, July 25, 2019, 01:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Hello all! Thank you for taking the time to read my interest check and whether your interested or not I hope you have a great day!

Without further ado….

Justice League: Beyond

The year is 2039.

Advancements in the leading fields of technology have coincided with the Meta human boom. The world of today is quite different from the tomorrow many people knew. The golden age of heroes has gone away and many of them have retired or passed the torch on. The rise of metahuman children has evened out and now roughly 25 to 30 percent of the population has some kind of metahuman ability.

Recently there’s been a change in Neo Gotham City. After more than twenty years with out Batman a new Bats has recently come onto the scene. This resurgence of a classic hero has led to many in the super hero community and public on whether some of the old heroes should come back. Little do they know this question has also been pondered by the old Batman himself, Bruce Wayne.

Global events around the world have been left unchecked for far to long. Criminal enterprises have been given free range to grow and expand. The Cult Of Kobra, Bane’s Gang, and even the likes of the League Of Shadows have all greatly expanded and dominated the international front.

It’s time for the Justice League to come back. Bruce Wayne has reached out to several hero’s of old and promising new recruits. They’ve been invited to Mount Justice for a summit headed by the new Batman for potential League Recruitment.

What Is The Setting?

This is a game featuring the Beyond Universe of the DC Branch.  It will take place in the DC Universe in the year 2039. With iconic places like Neo Gotham and Metropolis present

What Game Is This?

A sandbox, featuring missions and plots under taken by the new Justice League Beyond.

Characters I am Looking For

I am looking for LEGACY and ORIGINAL CHARACTERS with tie to mentors.

IE You can either play a character born between two classic heroes. Or you can play an original hero who has been serving as a protégé to a hero.

I’m open to Original Characters that reflect the beyond Neo Noir style we see in the TV show. As long as you can explain your relationship with your mentor and give an accurate reason while a hero of old might have chosen you.

Please also try and make your Original Hero a complement to the Mentor you chose. IE if your choosing Static Shock or Superman those characters should reflect the traits and attributes of that mentor.

Mentors

When creating your player character I also want you to think of your mentor. Are you going to play your mentor? Or will they be in NPC status? There will be a place within the character sheet that asks the status of your mentor. If you do not play them then I will NPC them as an important part of the theme is the old generation trying to guide the new.

Example Character Sheet

Below you’re going to find my example character sheet which will give you a bead on what I’m looking for. Since this one is different from my other ones I thought it was best to show what I mean.

Terry McGinnis
Batman

The Basics

Legal Name: Terry Mcginnis
Alias: Batman
Mentor: Bruce Wayne

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Bruce Wayne
Mentor Superhero Identity: Original Batman
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): George Clooney
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Yes

Physical Description

Face Claim: Kit Harrington

Personality and History

Personality

Terry’s a driven if somewhat rough around the edges young man. He’s got a sharp wit and is well known for being a little jokey as Batman. A far cry from the other batmen before him. He takes the job seriously but isn’t afraid to have a little fun with it. Aside from that he walk with eyes wide open on the world and how people above him act. He’s extremely smart and athletic seeing almost everything s a competition and chance to prove himself.

Biography

Terry McGinnis was an athletic 17-year-old high school student and reformed troublemaker with a deeply ingrained sense of personal justice. Living on difficult terms with his father Warren McGinnis, Terry disobeyed his curfew one night to meet up with his then girlfriend Dana Tan, only to incur the wrath of a group of the gang called the Jokerz harassing them. A high-speed motorcycle chase between Terry and the Jokerz leads them to the grounds of Wayne Manor, where they ran into the elderly Bruce Wayne. Bruce and Terry fend off the Jokerz side-by-side, but the exertion aggravates Bruce's heart condition. Terry helps Bruce back to the manor and, while exploring the mansion, stumbles upon the entrance to the Batcave and thus discovers Bruce's secrets, only to be chased out by an angered Bruce.

Terry returns home to discover that his father had been murdered, apparently by the vengeful Jokerz. Soon after, though, he discovers that his father had stumbled onto information about the production of illegal chemical weapons by Derek Powers through Wayne-Powers (Wayne Enterprises had merged with Powers' company long ago) and that the man actually responsible for his father's murder is Powers' personal assistant/bodyguard Mr. Fixx. Terry goes to Bruce for help but he refuses, feeling that he is too old and too weak to be of any use and instead tells Terry to take the evidence to Barbara Gordon (who has become the new Police Commissioner). After the evidence of the illegal weapon production is forcibly taken from Terry by Derek Powers, Terry subsequently steals the Batsuit, intending to bring Powers to justice. Bruce initially opposes all of Terry's efforts and vehemently demands that he return the suit, but Terry convinces Bruce to let him take on the Batman mantle, partially by drawing on the fact they both lost a parent to criminals, and subsequently defeats Mr. Fixx. During the battle, Powers is exposed to the chemical and forced to flee into hiding to receive treatment, which subsequently mutates him into a radiation-emitting entity, though he uses artificial skin to hide the accident. Realizing that crime and corruption are running rampant in Gotham without Batman's presence, Bruce offers Terry the chance to assume the role of Batman, with Bruce himself mentoring Terry and in addition to working as Bruce's chauffeur and assistant so that Terry can support his family.

This occurred during his senior year of high school. Even with the added stress of trying to work as Batman and finish high school he graduated top of his class and is now attending Gotham's College as a freshmen.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

None

Equipment:

Terry's Batsuit: The Batsuit worn by Terry is the last incarnation created by Bruce before his retirement. Though the technology in the suit is at least 20 years old, it is still considered cutting-edge. In addition, after Terry becomes Batman, it is implied that the suit is updated numerous times, and after it is destroyed, he and Wayne are seen rebuilding and modifying it. The cowl in this suit covers the face completely, with the mouth being the only opening. Lenses in the eyes transmit visual data to the wearer, allow for various scanning abilities and allow Wayne to monitor Terry's activities from the Batcave, seeing and hearing what he sees and hears and advising him. The traditional cape has been eliminated in favour of retractable glider wings under the arms. Thrusters built into the boots allow flight in the absence of wind, although for prolonged long-range flight Terry typically uses the Batmobile. In case the suit is stolen, the circuitry in the suit can be paralyzed remotely from the Batcave.

His Batsuit conforms to the size and physique of its wearer, being able to fit both the physically imposing Bruce and the significantly slimmer Terry. The form-fitting material provides almost no reduction in flexibility, while muscular enhancement technology enhances the wearer's strength and also grants the wearer agility and endurance. The material in the suit is resistant to massive concussive forces.

The suit possesses a two-way audio-visual link with the Batcomputer, allowing Terry to keep in contact with Bruce for superior tactical planning. The same applies to the Batmobile, which will automatically fly to the user's location when summoned. Directional microphones in the fingertips allow the user to hear and record audio through walls or at a distance - this data can then be transferred to a separate microchip as evidence. The lenses in the cowl can scan a number of frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum allowing night vision among other things. However, as the suit's visual capabilities are entirely electronic, the user is effectively rendered blind if they are disrupted.

Batarangs: Dispensable Batarangs which, when inactive, are compact enough to be invisible to the naked eye. These Batarangs come with a range of auxiliary functions, such as producing electric shocks or explosions. The Batarangs are usually thrown by hand, but can be fired from a wrist-mounted launcher. However, there is a limit to the amount of Batarangs the Batsuit can dispense.

Utility Belt:  The utility belt is integrated into the suit and carries tracers, flash and smoke pellets, extinguisher capsules, flexicuffs and a detachable buzz saw on the buckle. Retractable claws on the fingers can be used to cut through objects and grip solid surfaces and the forearms are equipped with grappling hooks that can act as bolas.

Skills

Skills:

Even prior to receiving training from Bruce, Terry appeared to be at least a well abled street fighter.

As expected of Batman, he engages in regular, rigorous training to minimize his reliance on the Batsuit: under Bruce's tutelage, Terry has honed his body to at least Olympic levels.

He possesses a high intellect.

Despite his detective training, Terry's ambition is to be a physician, and, under Bruce, he learns to create cures, remedies and antidotes. As a student, his main interests are in health or medical sciences and history.

Character Sheet

Here you can find the character sheet

[center][size=18pt][glow=blue,2,300][u][b]Hero Name[/b][/u][/glow][/size][/center]

[center][img height=300 padding=10]INSERT IMAGE HERE[/img][/center]

[center][size=14pt][glow=green,2,300]The Basics[/glow][/size][/center]

[b]Legal Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Mentor:[/b]

[hr]

[center][u][glow=red,2,300][size=14pt]Mentor Information[/size][/glow][/u][/center]

[b]Mentor Name:[/b]
[b]Mentor Superhero Identity:[/b]
[b]Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him):[/b]
[b]Are You Playing Your Mentor:[/b]

[hr]

[right][size=14pt][u][glow=blue,2,300]Physical Description[/glow][/u][/size][/right]

[right][img height=300 padding=10]Insert Image Here[/img][/right]

[right][b]Face Claim:[/b][/right]

[hr]

[center][glow=yellow,2,300][size=14pt]Personality and History[/size][/glow][/center]

[center][b][u]Personality[/u][/b] [/center]

[center][b][u]Biography[/u][/b][/center]

[hr]

[center][glow=purple,2,300][size=14pt]Superpowers & Equipment[/size][/glow][/center]

[b]Powers:[/b]

[hr]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[center][glow=black,2,300][size=14pt]Skills[/size][/glow][/center]

[b]Skills:[/b]

What's The Plot?

The beginning will see the various potential recruits for the Justice League Beyond meeting at Mount Justice. I do not want to give up the plot beyond that as I have some surprises in store! Sufficient to say the new League will find themselves soon facing a global threat worthy of their triumphant return.

Links!!

Character Sheet

The Summit

OOC

Foxy DeVille

Color me interested. Got an idea for a somewhat reluctant protege of Wonder Woman.

Mathim

I thought most of the original League were killed by Vandal Savage or something. Are we resurrecting some of them to suit our characters having mentors for this game or is it just assumed that the reason they're so limited in number now hasn't happened and that most of them are just retired like Bruce instead of dead?

Also is the Watchtower decommissioned or did it get destroyed again and they just haven't rebuilt it since...that's just too damn expensive to keep throwing them away.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 25, 2019, 09:41:37 PM
Color me interested. Got an idea for a somewhat reluctant protege of Wonder Woman.

Sounds good! I like the idea of reluctant!

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Mathim on July 25, 2019, 10:34:13 PM
I thought most of the original League were killed by Vandal Savage or something. Are we resurrecting some of them to suit our characters having mentors for this game or is it just assumed that the reason they're so limited in number now hasn't happened and that most of them are just retired like Bruce instead of dead?

Also is the Watchtower decommissioned or did it get destroyed again and they just haven't rebuilt it since...that's just too damn expensive to keep throwing them away.

It's changed based on the canon from TV to Comic.

I was going to make this more of an original concept within that beyond universe. I went with only the first year of Batman Beyonds career for instance so none of the bigger stuff like his time investigating Superman happened.

Technically there was a Justice League beyond in the tv show to but if I recall a small roster. Consider this kind of it;s own thing. Hero's didn't die so much as retire or pass the torch.

On the Watchtower side of things... I'm planning on it having fallen into disarray. With the league coming back Wayne will be focused on getting it rebuilt.

Mathim

So Superman hasn't been controlled by Starro for like 50 years? Good, I thought that was incredibly stupid.

And everybody's gotten used to being earthbound for the most part, that makes sense. Them losing numbers and power while still maintaining the Watchtower wouldn't make sense so it being neglected plays into the overall condition of the League itself and its reconstruction and reformation reflects the status of the new team rebuilding the League into its former glory.

Is there anyplace to find a roster of the canon heroes in that timeline? I think I have an idea for a character but I want to see what other ready-made options there are first.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Mathim on July 25, 2019, 11:49:45 PM
So Superman hasn't been controlled by Starro for like 50 years? Good, I thought that was incredibly stupid.

And everybody's gotten used to being earthbound for the most part, that makes sense. Them losing numbers and power while still maintaining the Watchtower wouldn't make sense so it being neglected plays into the overall condition of the League itself and its reconstruction and reformation reflects the status of the new team rebuilding the League into its former glory.

Is there anyplace to find a roster of the canon heroes in that timeline? I think I have an idea for a character but I want to see what other ready-made options there are first.

Superman is the only one that comes to mind.

Except that it also acted as a sequel to Justice League Unlimited in some fashion. If you recall it tied into it towards the end and they even did a few cross overs.

So TECHNICALLY speaking anyone in Justice League Unlimited was canon to that time line.

Mathim

I tried Wikipedia but it wasn’t helpful. I’m thinking I’ll go with a relative of Zatanna. Maybe Zachary Zatara.

Norsegod1839

Would this be Zatanna's son or from the Zatara family line?

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 26, 2019, 12:56:48 PM
Would this be Zatanna's son or from the Zatara family line?

According to wiki, at least in the pre-New 52 run, he's her cousin. Was thinking of going with that same relation. Maybe age it down by making him a once or twice removed generation-wise so he's not too old.

Norsegod1839

Sounds good! I would certainly try and make him on the younger side. Cause I forsee a lot of young adult era super heroes.

For instance Terry will be in freshmen college when this game starts.

Juggtacular

I'm thinking of having the next Shazam be a rookie while Billy has grown to become "The Wizard" and is more like Dr. Fate than a magical Superman.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 26, 2019, 01:40:37 PM
I'm thinking of having the next Shazam be a rookie while Billy has grown to become "The Wizard" and is more like Dr. Fate than a magical Superman.

I like that! Will you be playing the Rookie and Billy? Or would you be needing me to NPC your mentor? Cause that's a character arc for Billy I can buy and write proficiently I think.

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 26, 2019, 01:38:54 PM
Sounds good! I would certainly try and make him on the younger side. Cause I forsee a lot of young adult era super heroes.

For instance Terry will be in freshmen college when this game starts.

Yeah, I see him being more like Dick Grayson's age when he became Nightwing compared to Bruce Waye at the time, so his parent, Zatanna's first cousin, would be Bruce's age from when he was in his Batman prime so mine can be the younger, being their son.

Norsegod1839

Empyrean

I could see playing Maya. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Maya_(New_Earth) The New Goddess of Technology, raised by Beautiful Dreamer and Big Bear, and now grown to adulthood. From what I understand of the Forever People and New Genesis, her parents would have raised her to resist the tyranny of Darkseid, and might have raised her in anonymity on Earth to keep her from Darkseid's forces. She might well have been raised by (or fostered by) one of the original Justice League, and is now coming into her maturity and powers and ready to step out of the shadows.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Empyrean on July 26, 2019, 02:43:40 PM
I could see playing Maya. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Maya_(New_Earth) The New Goddess of Technology, raised by Beautiful Dreamer and Big Bear, and now grown to adulthood. From what I understand of the Forever People and New Genesis, her parents would have raised her to resist the tyranny of Darkseid, and might have raised her in anonymity on Earth to keep her from Darkseid's forces. She might well have been raised by (or fostered by) one of the original Justice League, and is now coming into her maturity and powers and ready to step out of the shadows.

I'm okay with that! I would go ahead and make either Scott or Big Barda her mentor then. Since they have served on the Justice League before. I can NPC Scott/Mr. Miracle if you'd like.

Foxy DeVille

OK, here's my hero Demi Goddess. She's kinda what would happen if a Kardashian was in the Justice League. Wonder Woman is her mentor but I'm willing to share as Diana seems the type to be a role model for a lot of people.

Demi Goddess

Demi Goddess

The Basics

Legal Name: Alexandra Demetrios
Alias: Demi Goddess
Mentor: Princess Diana

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Princess Diana
Mentor Superhero Identity: Wonder Woman
Face Claim For Mentor: Lynda Carter

Physical Description

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 134 lbs
Face Claim: Demi Rose Mawby
General Appearance: Alexandra Demetrios is an attractive young woman of Mediterranean decent with an exceptionally curvaceous physique. She loves flaunting her body so most of her outfits show plenty of flesh while making a half-hearted attempted to have a goddess theme.

Personality and History

Personality

The power of Olympus runs through Alexandra Demetrios' body and permeates her soul. As the Greeks gods are a  lusty, vain, and petty lot accustomed to being worshiped, this has made Demi a bit of a handful to deal with. She loves attention, the more fawning the better. As such her appearance is very important to her. Her skin may be smooth and silky but it's also pretty thin and she can be vindictive towards anyone she feels slighted her. Having been raised in tremendous wealth she places a lot of importance on luxuries. Demi frequently has a cocktail in one hand and her phone in her other. Her outlook on sex is extremely open and her liaisons span the gender spectrum. An obvious exhibitionist, she enjoys orgies and participates in deviant acts like BDSM, sodomy, golden showers, and bestiality. Zeus has been a terrible influence on her. But not everything about Demi is decadence. She care a lot about her homeland of Greece. In particular she loves its beaches and mountains, spending much of her time there outdoors. Her county's history of seismic activity has led her to be involved in global earthquake relief. Civil liberties are also important to her and she uses her social media influence to raise awareness of such issues. Recently her mentor Diana has been pushing her to take a more active role in her advocacy.

Biography

A little over two decades ago an event was held in Athens honoring the heroes of Greece. In attendance were Aristides Demetrios, proud member of the Golbal Guardian as the Olympian, and Helena Kosmatos, the heroine from World War II known as Fury. Much wine was drunk, fun was had, and nine months later little Alexandra was born. Neither parent was the most stable of souls nad as she had done once before Helena gave up a daughter. Stavros Gianopoulos, a wealthy Greek tycoon, was a patriotic man who had organized the vent where Alexandra had been conceived and so felt obliged to take the child in. Alexandra last saw her mother when she was five while her father made occasional visits throughout her youth. Stavros did what her could to be a parental figure but as a very busy man himself he left most of the raising of Alexandra to nannies and tutors while proving her with anything money could buy. This sort of upbringing led Alexandra to become a rather spoiled and superficial young woman.

At the age of fifteen, Alexandra's connection to the Greek mythos first manifested itself. She used her vast newfound power the way any teenage girl with little supervision would... to take cool photos that she could post on Pixtagraph, an image sharing site. A cute girl with superpowers living in an exotic location soon gained a lot of followers. This was when she started using the handle "Demi Goddess" as both a reference to demigods and her last name of Demetrios. When she was sixteen Demi found she had gotten the interest of a bigger influencer than her... Princess Diana. The Amazon ambassador had known both of her parents and decided someone needed to be responsible for this literal child of the gods. Since then Diana has tried training Demi in her abilities and to guide her to a more altruistic life. This hasn't been easy and cries of "You're not my mother!" are common. Demi graduated from lyceum (secondary school) a year early thanks to having access to the wisdom of Athena. She relocated to her guardian's villa on the island of Cephalonia, officially to go to university but really for the beaches. After studying public relations for a year she dropped out as Demi felt she had learned enough to run a budding social media empire. Her photos became racier and not one but two sex tapes were "leaked" to the public. Meanwhile Princess Diana decided the girl needed to find her own path. She still offered her advice and guidence but was not as forceful as she had been before. In fact a physical relationship grew between the two women, much like the mentors and students in ancient Greece.

Now at age 21, Demi Goddess is one of the most successful "Pixta girls" in the world. She has channeled her fame into several million dollars worth of product endorsements. While she still loves her non-stop party lifestyle;e she has started to feel like she could be doing more. Her activism over social media has increases and Princess Diana has convinced that maybe it's time to do something useful with her gifts. At the very least super-heroics would provide with more online content. 

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Gifts of the Gods: Demi Goddess is a living conduit to the other-dimensional energies of Mount Olympus. Via this like she can channel the powers of any figure in Greek mythology. While this offers her a staggering amount of abilities to choose from, Demi is limited to one myth at a time. She frequently yells out somehing about the power she's using (Strength of Heracles!") when in action but this isn't necessary.

Heroic Physique: In addition to being pleasing to the eye, Demi's body is superior in other ways. She is twice has twice the strength, stamina, and durability as a normal human. She also has immunity to normal diseases while being highly resistant to toxins and the cold, which is handy considering how much she drinks and how little she wears.

Equipment:

Demi Goddess has no standard gear unless you count her phone. She can create duplicates of any legendary item associated with the myth she's channeling at the time, such as the winged sandals of Hermes. Also as an internet celebrity with a billionaire "uncle" there are few things outside of her budget.

Skills

Skills:

Amazonian Martial Artist: While not the most attentive of students, Demi has been trained in combat by the legendary Wonder Woman. In addition her muscle memory has grown accustomed to the skills of the various warriors she has channeled. Thus even when not empowered by a myth she remain an Olympic-level boxer and wrestler. She studied dance for four years while she was younger, which as helped with her coordination.

Ancient Knowledge: Constantly tapping into the skills of people from the Hellenistic Age has left much of their learning in her long-term memory. Demi knows several languages from that era and region (in addition to her native modern Greek along with English and Italian) as well as having an excellent if dated grasp of the humanities, which is good considering how little attention she paid in school.

Public Relations: While she only studied PR at university for a year, Demi is nonetheless a prodigy at promotion. She is a powerful social media influencer with extensive connections. Demi took acting lessons while at uni, which helps keep her poised in public.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 26, 2019, 03:38:07 PM
OK, here's my hero Demi Goddess. She's kinda what would happen if a Kardashian was in the Justice League. Wonder Woman is her mentor but I'm willing to share as Diana seems the type to be a role model for a lot of people.

Demi Goddess

Demi Goddess

The Basics

Mentor Information

Physical Description

General Appearance: Alexandra Demetrios is an attractive young woman of Mediterranean decent with an exceptionally curvaceous physique. She loves flaunting her body so most of her outfits show plenty of flesh while making a half-hearted attempted to have a goddess theme.

Personality and History

Personality

The power of Olympus runs through Alexandra Demetrios' body and permeates her soul. As the Greeks gods are a  lusty, vain, and petty lot accustomed to being worshiped, this has made Demi a bit of a handful to deal with. She loves attention, the more fawning the better. As such her appearance is very important to her. Her skin may be smooth and silky but it's also pretty thin and she can be vindictive towards anyone she feels slighted her. Having been raised in tremendous wealth she places a lot of importance on luxuries. Demi frequently has a cocktail in one hand and her phone in her other. Her outlook on sex is extremely open and her liaisons span the gender spectrum. An obvious exhibitionist, she enjoys orgies and participates in deviant acts like BDSM, sodomy, golden showers, and bestiality. Zeus has been a terrible influence on her. But not everything about Demi is decadence. She care a lot about her homeland of Greece. In particular she loves its beaches and mountains, spending much of her time there outdoors. Her county's history of seismic activity has led her to be involved in global earthquake relief. Civil liberties are also important to her and she uses her social media influence to raise awareness of such issues. Recently her mentor Diana has been pushing her to take a more active role in her advocacy.

Biography

A little over two decades ago an event was held in Athens honoring the heroes of Greece. In attendance were Aristides Demetrios, proud member of the Golbal Guardian as the Olympian, and Helena Kosmatos, the heroine from World War II known as Fury. Much wine was drunk, fun was had, and nine months later little Alexandra was born. Neither parent was the most stable of souls nad as she had done once before Helena gave up a daughter. Stavros Gianopoulos, a wealthy Greek tycoon, was a patriotic man who had organized the vent where Alexandra had been conceived and so felt obliged to take the child in. Alexandra last saw her mother when she was five while her father made occasional visits throughout her youth. Stavros did what her could to be a parental figure but as a very busy man himself he left most of the raising of Alexandra to nannies and tutors while proving her with anything money could buy. This sort of upbringing led Alexandra to become a rather spoiled and superficial young woman.

At the age of fifteen, Alexandra's connection to the Greek mythos first manifested itself. She used her vast newfound power the way any teenage girl with little supervision would... to take cool photos that she could post on Pixtagraph, an image sharing site. A cute girl with superpowers living in an exotic location soon gained a lot of followers. This was when she started using the handle "Demi Goddess" as both a reference to demigods and her last name of Demetrios. When she was sixteen Demi found she had gotten the interest of a bigger influencer than her... Princess Diana. The Amazon ambassador had known both of her parents and decided someone needed to be responsible for this literal child of the gods. Since then Diana has tried training Demi in her abilities and to guide her to a more altruistic life. This hasn't been easy and cries of "You're not my mother!" are common. Demi graduated from lyceum (secondary school) a year early thanks to having access to the wisdom of Athena. She relocated to her guardian's villa on the island of Cephalonia, officially to go to university but really for the beaches. After studying public relations for a year she dropped out as Demi felt she had learned enough to run a budding social media empire. Her photos became racier and not one but two sex tapes were "leaked" to the public. Meanwhile Princess Diana decided the girl needed to find her own path. She still offered her advice and guidence but was not as forceful as she had been before. In fact a physical relationship grew between the two women, much like the mentors and students in ancient Greece.

Now at age 21, Demi Goddess is one of the most successful "Pixta girls" in the world. She has channeled her fame into several million dollars worth of product endorsements. While she still loves her non-stop party lifestyle;e she has started to feel like she could be doing more. Her activism over social media has increases and Princess Diana has convinced that maybe it's time to do something useful with her gifts. At the very least super-heroics would provide with more online content. 

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Gifts of the Gods: Demi Goddess is a living conduit to the other-dimensional energies of Mount Olympus. Via this like she can channel the powers of any figure in Greek mythology. While this offers her a staggering amount of abilities to choose from, Demi is limited to one myth at a time. She frequently yells out somehing about the power she's using (Strength of Heracles!") when in action but this isn't necessary.

Heroic Physique: In addition to being pleasing to the eye, Demi's body is superior in other ways. She is twice has twice the strength, stamina, and durability as a normal human. She also has immunity to normal diseases while being highly resistant to toxins and the cold, which is handy considering how much she drinks and how little she wears.

Equipment:

Demi Goddess has no standard gear unless you count her phone. She can create duplicates of any legendary item associated with the myth she's channeling at the time, such as the winged sandals of Hermes. Also as an internet celebrity with a billionaire "uncle" there are few things outside of her budget.

Skills

Skills:

Amazonian Martial Artist: While not the most attentive of students, Demi has been trained in combat by the legendary Wonder Woman. In addition her muscle memory has grown accustomed to the skills of the various warriors she has channeled. Thus even when not empowered by a myth she remain an Olympic-level boxer and wrestler. She studied dance for four years while she was younger, which as helped with her coordination.

Ancient Knowledge: Constantly tapping into the skills of people from the Hellenistic Age has left much of their learning in her long-term memory. Demi knows several languages from that era and region (in addition to her native modern Greek along with English and Italian) as well as having an excellent if dated grasp of the humanities, which is good considering how little attention she paid in school.

Public Relations: While she only studied PR at university for a year, Demi is nonetheless a prodigy at promotion. She is a powerful social media influencer with extensive connections. Demi took acting lessons while at uni, which helps keep her poised in public.

I kind of love what you did there!

The idea of Wonder Woman having such a... rather outlandish protege is of great interest to me.  How she deals with someone so slightly opposite of her in a lot of ways but so proudly like a greek demigoddess will be something I'm eager to see. I can even see her having to deal with a side kick of Donna Troy who might be more traditionally in line with how Wonder woman used to be and having to deal with that.

(Of course that's if we can get a Donna Troy Protege in here)

In any case she's approved!

indarkestknight

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 26, 2019, 03:38:07 PM

Demi Goddess

Demi Goddess

The Basics

Mentor Information

Physical Description

Personality and History

Personality

Biography

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Equipment:

Skills

Skills:

Awesome! I’ve always loved Ultra Boy style powersets. This one reminds me a lot of Jason’s, Diana’s brother.

(Thinking of retooling Kaldur from the YJ cartoon for this as the successor to the Aquaman mantle.)

Norsegod1839

Hey there Knight! I'm looking forward to seeing your Kaldur!

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 26, 2019, 06:34:42 PM
Awesome! I’ve always loved Ultra Boy style powersets. This one reminds me a lot of Jason’s, Diana’s brother.

(Thinking of retooling Kaldur from the YJ cartoon for this as the successor to the Aquaman mantle.)

Hee hee... Ultra Boy was one of my inspirations. I've always loved how his powers required a bit more strategy and made him more vulnerable than other guys in his weight class (plus he was less of a boy scout). Haven't heard of Jason until now (I don't read too many current ongoings, prefer more contained stories lately) but I'll check out some of the issues he's in, especially since they're Wondy ones. Research!

Norsegod1839

I can't wait to see her in action!

Mathim

I am just absolute rubbish when it comes to finding good face claims. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Zack Zatara?

Juggtacular

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Mathim on July 26, 2019, 10:09:03 PM
I am just absolute rubbish when it comes to finding good face claims. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a Zack Zatara?

Matt Bomer maybe? He looks good in a tux, especially in The Last Tycoon. And he wore a jaunty hat in White Collar. That really doesn't have anything to do with Zatara, I'm just pro-jaunty hat.

Mathim

How old is he now? I don't want to go too old but also not too young.

I think Logan Lerman has the right age look, plus he's got a bit of a dorky side which I kind of want for my Zack Zatara. Bomer is a bit too old/mature looking for the kind of looser, less professional personality I see him having.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 26, 2019, 10:34:10 PM
Matt Bomer maybe? He looks good in a tux, especially in The Last Tycoon. And he wore a jaunty hat in White Collar. That really doesn't have anything to do with Zatara, I'm just pro-jaunty hat.

Funny enough Matt Bomer is my go to for Dick Grayson! The Dapper Grayson I enjoy playing.

Juggtacular

There's also Dave Franco...but only because he was in Now You See Me and has gifs and stuff.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 26, 2019, 11:10:18 PM
There's also Dave Franco...but only because he was in Now You See Me and has gifs and stuff.

I was thinking maybe him or Radcliffe, the latter is particularly dorky. There are some nifty posters from the ill-named Now You See Me 2.

Norsegod1839

Radcliffe! One of my favorite brits!

Mathim

I am not a fan of any of the Franco family and I haven't seen Radcliffe in anything I've enjoyed in a long time. Woman in Black, Horns, and Swiss Army Man, all very disappointing to me.

Here's Zacky:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Zachary 'Zack' Zatara

The Basics

Legal Name: Zachary Zatara
Alias: None (other than unofficial nicknames)
Mentor: Zatanna Zatara

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Zatanna Zatara
Mentor Superhero Identity: Zatanna
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him/her): Alexandra Daddario (when casting an illusion to appear her youthful age)/Anjelica Houston (her actual appearance at her current age) (I didn't really need the former, I just found it and thought it was awesome; also maybe to give Zack a slight complex about being attracted to his own much older cousin, LOL)
Are You Playing Your Mentor: If I have to, sure, I guess

Physical Description

Zach is skinny, not very athletic and doesn't much care to keep his hair groomed perfectly even as a showman. He is primarily Caucasian and has dark brown or black hair, depending on the light, with green eyes.

Face Claim:Logan Lerman

Personality and History

Personality

As ecstatic as his audiences appear, he is even happier when performing for them, eating up the attention and adoration. He's got a great sense of humor an intentionally makes mistakes or other goofs happen just to get laughs out of people so he can have an excuse to laugh too. He does tend to get a bit full of himself if he's not cut off during a bragging session, but won't take offense if someone points out he's doing it, as he's easygoing when he's with people he feels comfortable around. He'll try to lighten the mood in bad situations and is optimistic even when the chips are down. If, however, things are spooky and creepy, with too many unknowns and great uncertainty, he can get a bit anxious and fearful, needing reassurance himself to stay calm and get his game face back. For this, he depends on those close to him and will cling to them with fierce loyalty.

Biography

Zack's family have all been in the business of performing stage magic, despite their actual ability to wield real magic. They've always stressed that the truth should be hidden due to the historical persecution of witches, partly why their people, the species Homo Magi, have dwindled to so few in number over the centuries. Zack grew up finding this to be hard to believe because when showing people his sleight of hand magic or other stage magic, almost nobody could tell the difference between that and when he was performing real magic, though he let himself believe it was because he was just that good at the fake stuff that nobody could catch him out when he was doing the real thing.

This made it easier for him to keep the family's secrets and continue the tradition of dazzling the crowds as a performer. His parents kept him out of the sight of the League, leaving Zatanna to be the one member of the family to aid the superhero community with magic. He did look up to her knowing what she did but hearing about all the danger she was in made him apprehensive about ever putting his top hat into the line of fire. Nevertheless, he did learn how to wield magic in combat situations and how to fight hand-to-hand, even becoming adept at knife-throwing as part of his act without needing the aid of magic to hit his targets accurately.

Now that he's an adult and his parents are retired, the kind of work for stage magicians in a technologically advanced world has dwindled and other jobs just don't feel right to him, so he's become interested in picking up a new line of work, and the fact that his cousin Zatanna has hung up her fishnets means the League is down one magic user, making it the perfect place for him to fit in. His lack of experience with true danger and not having himself tested in situations of extremely high emotions like fear and anger make him a vulnerable liability, so Zatanna has agreed to mentor him until he can show that he is able to stand on his own.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Belonging to the human subspecies Homo Magi, Zack has the (albeit limited in scope) ability to manifest things into reality from nothing, to transmogrify things from one form to another, and affect changes upon things such as giving them characteristics they did not previously possess. Most of this sorcery requires reciting spells which are the equivalent of speaking the English command backwards, which the Homo Magi maintain is their first language and in which Zack, like the others, is completely fluent.

Primarily using his hat as a gateway, or a conduit for channeling his magic, Zack can produce a wide variety of objects provided that they A) do not exceed the size of his hat, and B) they are not complex in design such as electronics or similarly technical items; however, if he meets condition A, he can bypass condition B if he knows of the location of such an object and can simply use the hat to transport it from its current location to his own since it then does not need to be created out of thin air. But it is useful for producing things like throwing knives or cards that he can use to turn into other things.

Usually relying on playing cards (which he can produce from his sleeves in seemingly infinite amounts, or from his hat, or from thin air in a pinch), Zack can transform things the size of what would fit in his hands into similar sized objects, provided they are not too complex in design or structure. A handful of cards can be quickly replaced with a handful of throwing knives. Depending on the cards, Zack can also conjure up short-lived projections summoned from them, like a golem that imitates the King of Spades if that is the card he uses. They are no stronger physically than Zack himself but they can absorb damage in his place so are good for distractions or just a bit more added muscle, especially if an trio of royal suits is conjured.

Zack can also cast limited illusions, though this is the power he is least skilled in, unlike his cousin who can masquerade as her own 25-year-old self even in her golden years. He has a difficult time changing his face to look like someone else but can more or less easily change how his clothing appears, and if necessary, obscure his face with a mask or hood.

Finally, Zack can affect the properties of non-living objects, giving them certain features that they do not normally possess, like making something that is light as a feather into something heavy enough to fall through the concrete beneath his feet, or make the edges of his playing cards as hard and sharp as steel blades. He can't affect anything living the way his cousin can and so cannot heal anyone's injuries, not even his own, at least not yet. But he can usually help supply his allies with any kind of medical implements are necessary for just about any situation at a moment's notice, even if he doesn't know how to use them, having no experience with medicine.

Equipment:

No actual special or enchanted equipment, though he tends to use his performing top hat as a prop (which is replaceable), and an endless supply of playing cards and whatever he happens to morph them into such as his preferred throwing knives.

Skills

Skills:

Being a stage magician, he's gifted in sleight-of-hand magic and many other stage tricks outside of his natural magic powers. Use of smoke bombs, mirrors, and other props, he can misdirect or deceive opponents even without his real spells.

Knife-throwing is a talent he's developed over the years, and is good even at hitting moving targets.

He's quick-witted and good at thinking on his feet if he's not feeling overwhelmed.

He's still learning teamwork, at least in the field (on-stage, he's good at it) and may be a little showboat-y and overconfident if he hasn't been given a reason to feel like he's out of his depth.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Mathim on July 27, 2019, 12:12:55 AM
I am not a fan of any of the Franco family and I haven't seen Radcliffe in anything I've enjoyed in a long time. Woman in Black, Horns, and Swiss Army Man, all very disappointing to me.

Here's Zacky:
Zachary 'Zack' Zatara

The Basics

Legal Name: Zachary Zatara
Alias: None (other than unofficial nicknames)
Mentor: Zatanna Zatara

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Zatanna Zatara
Mentor Superhero Identity: Zatanna
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him/her): Alexandra Daddario (when casting an illusion to appear her youthful age)/Anjelica Houston (her actual appearance at her current age) (I didn't really need the former, I just found it and thought it was awesome; also maybe to give Zack a slight complex about being attracted to his own much older cousin, LOL)
Are You Playing Your Mentor: If I have to, sure, I guess

Physical Description

Zach is skinny, not very athletic and doesn't much care to keep his hair groomed perfectly even as a showman. He is primarily Caucasian and has dark brown or black hair, depending on the light, with green eyes.

Face Claim:Logan Lerman

Personality and History

Personality

As ecstatic as his audiences appear, he is even happier when performing for them, eating up the attention and adoration. He's got a great sense of humor an intentionally makes mistakes or other goofs happen just to get laughs out of people so he can have an excuse to laugh too. He does tend to get a bit full of himself if he's not cut off during a bragging session, but won't take offense if someone points out he's doing it, as he's easygoing when he's with people he feels comfortable around. He'll try to lighten the mood in bad situations and is optimistic even when the chips are down. If, however, things are spooky and creepy, with too many unknowns and great uncertainty, he can get a bit anxious and fearful, needing reassurance himself to stay calm and get his game face back. For this, he depends on those close to him and will cling to them with fierce loyalty.

Biography

Zack's family have all been in the business of performing stage magic, despite their actual ability to wield real magic. They've always stressed that the truth should be hidden due to the historical persecution of witches, partly why their people, the species Homo Magi, have dwindled to so few in number over the centuries. Zack grew up finding this to be hard to believe because when showing people his sleight of hand magic or other stage magic, almost nobody could tell the difference between that and when he was performing real magic, though he let himself believe it was because he was just that good at the fake stuff that nobody could catch him out when he was doing the real thing.

This made it easier for him to keep the family's secrets and continue the tradition of dazzling the crowds as a performer. His parents kept him out of the sight of the League, leaving Zatanna to be the one member of the family to aid the superhero community with magic. He did look up to her knowing what she did but hearing about all the danger she was in made him apprehensive about ever putting his top hat into the line of fire. Nevertheless, he did learn how to wield magic in combat situations and how to fight hand-to-hand, even becoming adept at knife-throwing as part of his act without needing the aid of magic to hit his targets accurately.

Now that he's an adult and his parents are retired, the kind of work for stage magicians in a technologically advanced world has dwindled and other jobs just don't feel right to him, so he's become interested in picking up a new line of work, and the fact that his cousin Zatanna has hung up her fishnets means the League is down one magic user, making it the perfect place for him to fit in. His lack of experience with true danger and not having himself tested in situations of extremely high emotions like fear and anger make him a vulnerable liability, so Zatanna has agreed to mentor him until he can show that he is able to stand on his own.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Belonging to the human subspecies Homo Magi, Zack has the (albeit limited in scope) ability to manifest things into reality from nothing, to transmogrify things from one form to another, and affect changes upon things such as giving them characteristics they did not previously possess. Most of this sorcery requires reciting spells which are the equivalent of speaking the English command backwards, which the Homo Magi maintain is their first language and in which Zack, like the others, is completely fluent.

Primarily using his hat as a gateway, or a conduit for channeling his magic, Zack can produce a wide variety of objects provided that they A) do not exceed the size of his hat, and B) they are not complex in design such as electronics or similarly technical items; however, if he meets condition A, he can bypass condition B if he knows of the location of such an object and can simply use the hat to transport it from its current location to his own since it then does not need to be created out of thin air. But it is useful for producing things like throwing knives or cards that he can use to turn into other things.

Usually relying on playing cards (which he can produce from his sleeves in seemingly infinite amounts, or from his hat, or from thin air in a pinch), Zack can transform things the size of what would fit in his hands into similar sized objects, provided they are not too complex in design or structure. A handful of cards can be quickly replaced with a handful of throwing knives. Depending on the cards, Zack can also conjure up short-lived projections summoned from them, like a golem that imitates the King of Spades if that is the card he uses. They are no stronger physically than Zack himself but they can absorb damage in his place so are good for distractions or just a bit more added muscle, especially if an trio of royal suits is conjured.

Zack can also cast limited illusions, though this is the power he is least skilled in, unlike his cousin who can masquerade as her own 25-year-old self even in her golden years. He has a difficult time changing his face to look like someone else but can more or less easily change how his clothing appears, and if necessary, obscure his face with a mask or hood.

Finally, Zack can affect the properties of non-living objects, giving them certain features that they do not normally possess, like making something that is light as a feather into something heavy enough to fall through the concrete beneath his feet, or make the edges of his playing cards as hard and sharp as steel blades. He can't affect anything living the way his cousin can and so cannot heal anyone's injuries, not even his own, at least not yet. But he can usually help supply his allies with any kind of medical implements are necessary for just about any situation at a moment's notice, even if he doesn't know how to use them, having no experience with medicine.

Equipment:

No actual special or enchanted equipment, though he tends to use his performing top hat as a prop (which is replaceable), and an endless supply of playing cards and whatever he happens to morph them into such as his preferred throwing knives.

Skills

Skills:

Being a stage magician, he's gifted in sleight-of-hand magic and many other stage tricks outside of his natural magic powers. Use of smoke bombs, mirrors, and other props, he can misdirect or deceive opponents even without his real spells.

Knife-throwing is a talent he's developed over the years, and is good even at hitting moving targets.

He's quick-witted and good at thinking on his feet if he's not feeling overwhelmed.

He's still learning teamwork, at least in the field (on-stage, he's good at it) and may be a little showboat-y and overconfident if he hasn't been given a reason to feel like he's out of his depth.

Approved Mathim! If you want I can NPC play Zatarra or if you feel comfortable giving her, her voice for the game that's fine to. =

Norsegod1839

Small update to Terry as well

I had him listed as in high school because that was when his batman story happened. For the purposes of the game however and to fit him being older the batman powers stuff happened in his senior year of high school and now he is a freshmen in college

Also I'm going with Kit Harrington as his FC

Mathim

I almost wouldn't have thought of Anjelica Houston as an older Zatanna if I hadn't seen John Wick 3 in the theater.

Norsegod1839

She was very, VERY good in that movie.

Gannameade

I do have a character in mind!!!

Mathim

indarkestknight

Aquaman
Aquaman

The Basics

Legal Name: Kαλδυρ'αμ (Kaldur'ahm)
Alias: Aquaman
Mentor: King Orin of Atlantis (Arthur Curry)

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: King Orin of Atlantis (Arthur Curry)
Mentor Superhero Identity: Aquaman
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Jason Momoa
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Sure.

Physical Description

Face Claim: Dudley O'Shaughnessy

Personality and History

Personality

Still waters run deep. Kaldur is a stoic soul, and it is for his composure, loyalty, dedication, and responsibility that he was chosen to succeed Orin as Aquaman. Even during the period when he served as the right hand man to his supervillain father, Black Manta, Kaldur's sense of honor and humility earned the respect of those around him. His instincts are to look after others before himself, sometimes shouldering heavy burdens for the sake of ensuring those burdens do not weigh heavily on others.  However, these same traits of his are double-edged swords. Because Kaldur can so effectively bury his feelings, and because he takes on such heavy burdens for the sake of others, he makes it exceedingly difficult for others to realize when he has taken on too much, to realize that Kaldur might in fact be silently drowning under the pressure he's taken upon himself. Starting mandatory military service at the age of 12 has given him the mindset of a soldier, and having served alongside his King for so long, he views himself as expendable in a way that he does not view his King, and still must reconcile the fact that he is more than a soldier now, but a hero and a symbol both to Atlantis and to the world.

To Kaldur, justice is thicker than blood – while he can see the nobility in his father and other villains he may have worked with and has the compassion to offer them a chance to repent, while he loves his father and understands his father loves him in return, Kaldur understands that is not enough to allow someone as dangerous as the Black Manta to roam the seas of the Earth freely.

Biography

Kaldur came from the Atlantean city of Shayeris, where he was raised by Sha'lain'a, a native of that city, and Calvin Durham, a henchman of Black Manta who was genetically altered to infiltrate Atlantis. However, his actual father was Black Manta himself. He completed his education and began mandatory military service at age 12. At 14, he was transferred to the Conservatory of Sorcery in Poseidonis.

Less than a year later, the villain Ocean-Master attacked Atlantis, causing Aquaman to battle with him. During the fight, Aquaman was defeated but was suddenly helped by the combined forces of Kaldur'ahm and Garth. Using a combination of Garth's magic and Kaldur's fighting abilities, the two attacked Ocean-Master. Though they were easily defeated, this allowed Aquaman precious time to recover and defeat Ocean-Master. After the victory, Aquaman offered the boys the opportunity to become his protégés. Although Garth declined the offer and returned to his studies, Kaldur jumped at the chance to serve his king as his sidekick and assumed the mantle of Aqualad.

For several years, Kaldur and Aquaman fought side by side, eventually joined by La'gaan (assuming the codename Lagoon Boy), a mutant Atlantean, Garth (assuming the codename Tempest), and Garth's girlfriend Tula (assuming the codename Aquagirl), an Atlantean sorceress whom both Kaldur and Garth carried a torch for in their days at the Conservatory of Sorcery.

However, eventually things took a turn for the worse. Aquaman faced increasing pressure from both Atlantis and the UN to cease his adventuring and dedicate his full attention to the rulership of Atlantis, something he refused to do as long as Black Manta was on the loose. Then, in the span of two days, Kaldur learned his King had kept his true heritage from him, discovering Black Manta was his true father before Tula sacrificed her life to stop an alien superweapon from being unleashed.

Despite their now badly-strained relationship, Kaldur drowned his anger and grief, burying it deep, and hatched a plan with Aquaman to stop Black Manta once and for all. Aquaman and Kaldur staged Kaldur's "defection" to Black Manta, channeling into Kaldur's very real grief and rage. Kaldur proved himself exceptional at subterfuge, gaining Black Manta's trust and respect, even earning the notice of Black Manta's benefactors. In the process of infiltrating Black Manta's organization, Kaldur gathered a great deal of information about the criminal underworld. However, just as he began to uncover evidence suggesting there was a cabal of supervillains acting as benefactors for Black Manta and many others, a crisis arose that demanded Kaldur break cover. While Kaldur and Aquaman were successful in apprehending Black Manta, Kaldur and his father may now find themselves in the crosshairs of that Illuminaughty shadowy cabal, if they intend to tie up loose ends...

With Kaldur's nine years of experience, first as his king's protege Aqualad, then as his father's right hand Manta, Orin felt Kaldur was more than ready to assume a new mantle: Aquaman.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Atlantean sorcery: Before becoming Aquaman's sidekick, Kaldur was trained in the mystical arts by Queen Mera. While he was in the top class along with Tula, his skills fell somewhat behind those of Tula and Garth due to focusing his studies as a hero, but his water-bearers compensate somewhat. He would be able to practice other magic if taught to him or if studied by him, but the following are the primary combat manifestations of this ability.

• Electricity generation: Kaldur has the power to generate electricity from the eel tattoos on his arms, which he can channel through water or use as a direct offense against opponents.
  • Hard-water constructs: Kaldur has the unique ability to solidify water into a myriad of different weapons for physical attacks. Examples include swords, maces, sledgehammers, a small shield, and a large eel. This ability is powered by his eel tattoos.
  • Hydrokinesis: Kaldur is able to manipulate water to serve any number of uses, e.g. water blasts, whips, waves, shields, or waterspouts to lift him into the air. He can manipulate water from a nearby source, like fire hydrants, lakes, etc. or his water pack. His water blasts are capable of slicing through metal and other materials.

Atlantean attributes: Atlanteans have through scientific and sorcerous means developed several abilities which allow them to live comfortably under the sea.

• Dehyrdation: Not a power or advantage but a weakness. As a result of his Atlantean physiology, prolonged periods without rehydration are debilitating for Kaldur, and high temperature or especially dry environments exacerbate this condition, leaving him weakened and more liable to wear out quickly.
  • Durability: Dense flesh, although not invulnerable.
  • Strength
  • Temperature resilience: Resistant to low temperatures  and the effects of freezing, although notably hindered by high temperatures.
  • Toxin resistance: Partial immunity to poisons of sea creatures, such as jellyfish toxin.
  • Underwater breathing

Equipment:

Water Pack: A black metallic backpack that holds an unspecified amount of water that Kaldur can use. It also holds his Water-Bearers.

Water-Bearers: Twin hilts that can hold onto water which Kaldur then uses to create his hard-water weapons. They are also used as a type of water gun to shoot water from his water pack and can be used to help manipulate sources of water.

Skills

Skills:

Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Kaldur is extremely skilled in combat, having demonstrated the ability to hold his own against professional assassins and martial artists and to take down superhumans of greater strength than himself.

Multilingualism: Kaldur speaks English and Atlantean, and can get by in Ancient Greek and Modern Greek.

Subterfuge: Kaldur has demonstrated significant talent for subterfuge, successfully infiltrating a criminal organization undetected and bringing it down from the inside.

Swimming: Better than you.

Mathim

Wow! That face claim is a damn dead ringer for Kal! Good find, man.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 28, 2019, 01:56:21 AM
Aquaman
Aquaman

The Basics

Legal Name: Kαλδυρ'αμ (Kaldur'ahm)
Alias: Aquaman
Mentor: King Orin of Atlantis (Arthur Curry)

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: King Orin of Atlantis (Arthur Curry)
Mentor Superhero Identity: Aquaman
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Jason Momoa
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Sure.

Physical Description

Face Claim: Dudley O'Shaughnessy

Personality and History

Personality

Still waters run deep. Kaldur is a stoic soul, and it is for his composure, loyalty, dedication, and responsibility that he was chosen to succeed Orin as Aquaman. Even during the period when he served as the right hand man to his supervillain father, Black Manta, Kaldur's sense of honor and humility earned the respect of those around him. His instincts are to look after others before himself, sometimes shouldering heavy burdens for the sake of ensuring those burdens do not weigh heavily on others.  However, these same traits of his are double-edged swords. Because Kaldur can so effectively bury his feelings, and because he takes on such heavy burdens for the sake of others, he makes it exceedingly difficult for others to realize when he has taken on too much, to realize that Kaldur might in fact be silently drowning under the pressure he's taken upon himself. Starting mandatory military service at the age of 12 has given him the mindset of a soldier, and having served alongside his King for so long, he views himself as expendable in a way that he does not view his King, and still must reconcile the fact that he is more than a soldier now, but a hero and a symbol both to Atlantis and to the world.

To Kaldur, justice is thicker than blood – while he can see the nobility in his father and other villains he may have worked with and has the compassion to offer them a chance to repent, while he loves his father and understands his father loves him in return, Kaldur understands that is not enough to allow someone as dangerous as the Black Manta to roam the seas of the Earth freely.

Biography

Kaldur came from the Atlantean city of Shayeris, where he was raised by Sha'lain'a, a native of that city, and Calvin Durham, a henchman of Black Manta who was genetically altered to infiltrate Atlantis. However, his actual father was Black Manta himself. He completed his education and began mandatory military service at age 12. At 14, he was transferred to the Conservatory of Sorcery in Poseidonis.

Less than a year later, the villain Ocean-Master attacked Atlantis, causing Aquaman to battle with him. During the fight, Aquaman was defeated but was suddenly helped by the combined forces of Kaldur'ahm and Garth. Using a combination of Garth's magic and Kaldur's fighting abilities, the two attacked Ocean-Master. Though they were easily defeated, this allowed Aquaman precious time to recover and defeat Ocean-Master. After the victory, Aquaman offered the boys the opportunity to become his protégés. Although Garth declined the offer and returned to his studies, Kaldur jumped at the chance to serve his king as his sidekick and assumed the mantle of Aqualad.

For several years, Kaldur and Aquaman fought side by side, eventually joined by La'gaan (assuming the codename Lagoon Boy), a mutant Atlantean, Garth (assuming the codename Tempest), and Garth's girlfriend Tula (assuming the codename Aquagirl), an Atlantean sorceress whom both Kaldur and Garth carried a torch for in their days at the Conservatory of Sorcery.

However, eventually things took a turn for the worse. Aquaman faced increasing pressure from both Atlantis and the UN to cease his adventuring and dedicate his full attention to the rulership of Atlantis, something he refused to do as long as Black Manta was on the loose. Then, in the span of two days, Kaldur learned his King had kept his true heritage from him, discovering Black Manta was his true father before Tula sacrificed her life to stop an alien superweapon from being unleashed.

Despite their now badly-strained relationship, Kaldur drowned his anger and grief, burying it deep, and hatched a plan with Aquaman to stop Black Manta once and for all. Aquaman and Kaldur staged Kaldur's "defection" to Black Manta, channeling into Kaldur's very real grief and rage. Kaldur proved himself exceptional at subterfuge, gaining Black Manta's trust and respect, even earning the notice of Black Manta's benefactors. In the process of infiltrating Black Manta's organization, Kaldur gathered a great deal of information about the criminal underworld. However, just as he began to uncover evidence suggesting there was a cabal of supervillains acting as benefactors for Black Manta and many others, a crisis arose that demanded Kaldur break cover. While Kaldur and Aquaman were successful in apprehending Black Manta, Kaldur and his father may now find themselves in the crosshairs of that Illuminaughty shadowy cabal, if they intend to tie up loose ends...

With Kaldur's nine years of experience, first as his king's protege Aqualad, then as his father's right hand Manta, Orin felt Kaldur was more than ready to assume a new mantle: Aquaman.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Atlantean sorcery: Before becoming Aquaman's sidekick, Kaldur was trained in the mystical arts by Queen Mera. While he was in the top class along with Tula, his skills fell somewhat behind those of Tula and Garth due to focusing his studies as a hero, but his water-bearers compensate somewhat. He would be able to practice other magic if taught to him or if studied by him, but the following are the primary combat manifestations of this ability.

• Electricity generation: Kaldur has the power to generate electricity from the eel tattoos on his arms, which he can channel through water or use as a direct offense against opponents.
  • Hard-water constructs: Kaldur has the unique ability to solidify water into a myriad of different weapons for physical attacks. Examples include swords, maces, sledgehammers, a small shield, and a large eel. This ability is powered by his eel tattoos.
  • Hydrokinesis: Kaldur is able to manipulate water to serve any number of uses, e.g. water blasts, whips, waves, shields, or waterspouts to lift him into the air. He can manipulate water from a nearby source, like fire hydrants, lakes, etc. or his water pack. His water blasts are capable of slicing through metal and other materials.

Atlantean attributes: Atlanteans have through scientific and sorcerous means developed several abilities which allow them to live comfortably under the sea.

• Dehyrdation: Not a power or advantage but a weakness. As a result of his Atlantean physiology, prolonged periods without rehydration are debilitating for Kaldur, and high temperature or especially dry environments exacerbate this condition, leaving him weakened and more liable to wear out quickly.
  • Durability: Dense flesh, although not invulnerable.
  • Strength
  • Temperature resilience: Resistant to low temperatures  and the effects of freezing, although notably hindered by high temperatures.
  • Toxin resistance: Partial immunity to poisons of sea creatures, such as jellyfish toxin.
  • Underwater breathing

Equipment:

Water Pack: A black metallic backpack that holds an unspecified amount of water that Kaldur can use. It also holds his Water-Bearers.

Water-Bearers: Twin hilts that can hold onto water which Kaldur then uses to create his hard-water weapons. They are also used as a type of water gun to shoot water from his water pack and can be used to help manipulate sources of water.

Skills

Skills:

Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Kaldur is extremely skilled in combat, having demonstrated the ability to hold his own against professional assassins and martial artists and to take down superhumans of greater strength than himself.

Multilingualism: Kaldur speaks English and Atlantean, and can get by in Ancient Greek and Modern Greek.

Subterfuge: Kaldur has demonstrated significant talent for subterfuge, successfully infiltrating a criminal organization undetected and bringing it down from the inside.

Swimming: Better than you.

You're approved my friend!

Good group so far! Just looking to get a couple more people in here!

Juggtacular

I'm gonna post up...whatever Neo Shazam name I come up with for hom later today.

Norsegod1839

Juggtacular

Oooo. Another idea hit me that lets me have a Legacy character, and also an original related to a mentor(and not just by inheriting the mantle). Instead of being the new Shazam, he could be Black Adam's grandson and in these many years, he's mellowed out and more or less become a good guy with a shitty attitude. And now he's taking over the Mantle in the same way as Osiris would have if he didn't get killed.

I think it'd be cool to have an anti-hero's/borderline bad guy's perspective on things as well as a more gritty Leaguer.

Norsegod1839

If you want to make him the son of Black Adam I'm fine with that.

Mathim

Well like with the new Batman, I'd have suggested just going with Captain Marvel, but if they're Black Adam's progeny...Dark Marvel, maybe?

Juggtacular

I went with Pharoah. His name is Amun and he's the prince of an Egyptian nation. Made sense lol.

Norsegod1839

Can't wait to see him Jugg!

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 28, 2019, 08:26:25 PM
I went with Pharoah. His name is Amun and he's the prince of an Egyptian nation. Made sense lol.

You could always expand it to Golden Pharaoh...

Or maybe not...  :D

Norsegod1839

Ha I vote for Golden Pharoah

indarkestknight

Quote from: Mathim on July 28, 2019, 09:37:58 AM
Wow! That face claim is a damn dead ringer for Kal! Good find, man.

Thanks! I was pretty blown away, too, when I found him.

Sidebar: Right now, all three submitted members of the team that aren't Batman either have magical powers or know magic, and Black Adam's heir definitely has magical powers, too. More and more this is starting to look like Shadowpact Beyond Justice League Dark Beyond.

Norsegod1839

Shit your right Knight! Ha I have no idea how to feel about that.

I generally feel like I get more of the magical side of DC when I do these things. Generally I find it hardest to find people like the Flash or speedster like characters. I find magic draws people in so hell maybe it's quite a bit like a Justice League Beyond!

If we're talking a wish list of characters I would love to see

Some kind of Green Lantern Beyond

Black Canary Beyond

Cyborg Beyond

Lian Harper as a Green Arrow Beyond (Or Connor Hawke)

Mathim

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 28, 2019, 08:38:02 PM
You could always expand it to Golden Pharaoh...

Or maybe not...  :D

Looks like Falcon if they shaved his head and spray-painted him.

Gannameade

Partly green lantern / partly Static

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Gannameade on July 29, 2019, 04:13:21 PM
Partly green lantern / partly Static

Will his name be Stewart Shock?

Norsegod1839

lol that's to much power combination! One or the other man!

Juggtacular

Pharoah

The Basics

Legal Name: Amun Adam
Alias: Prince Amun, Godling, Champion of Kahndaq
Mentor: Black Adam

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Teth Adam
Mentor Superhero Identity: Black Adam
Face Claim For Mentor: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Aye

Physical Description
To say Amun has a regal bearing would be an understatement. Not only being descended from godly blood, but from a lifetime of training and pushing himself, he has the form of a human Adonis. He stands at 6'4, and is around 235lbs of mostly muscle. His hair is dreadlocked and he keeps his face with a tidy goatee. When he transforms, he becomes a perfect version of himself, gaining even more height and muscle; his "prime" so to speak.

Face Claim:Michael B. Jordan

Personality and History

Personality

Amun was raised by his father to rule their nation of Kahndaq when he came of age. As such he has the airs of a prince around him. He walks proudly, with his head held high and his back straight. He is polite, calm, and succinct in the way he speaks, as he understands words have power and meaning behind them.

Although he is royalty and demands respect, he also gives that as well and doesn't treat people below his station like they are lesser than he is. His is also highly militant and highly trained, as he holds the position of "Champion of Kahndaq", the ancestral title granted to the primary protector of the country, and leads it's armies to war. His sense of justice is equal to his sense of pragmatism, and thankfully that has allowed him to act in capacities as a Prince and a Hero with excellence.

Biography

Just over twenty years ago Teth Adam, also known as Black Adam and the ruler of Kahndaq struck a deal with Ra's Al Ghul. He granted him a slew of mystical items kept hidden in Kahndaq for centuries, in exchange for access to two of Ra's' Lazarus Pits. Sometime in the years before, both his wife Adrianna Tomaz, also known as Isis.

And her brother Amon, who was blessed by Adam to become the hero Osiris, were both killed. He searched in vain to find a way to bring them back, and found nothing. Finally after discovering the Lazarus Pits, he joined forces with Ra's and got them both restored to life. And with his powers, he was able to keep at bay the corrupting properties of the pits to keep them from going crazy from the process of returning to the land of the living. His families resurrection tamed the rage within Adam, and Adrianna's influence helped to turn Kahndaq into a well respected and known world power, despite it's small size and location.

Now Kahndaq is the world's leading force in integrating the technological with the mystical to create magi-tech devices used the world over. After making her his Queen, Teth and Adrianna consummated their marriage, and that led to the birth of a son, named Amun after the Sun God Amun-Ra, a testament to how they saw their son. He was born with his parents' abilities and was trained from birth to become not only Kahndaq's next King, but it's protector and voice to the world as well.

For his entire life, Amun has been tutored and trained and drilled to be the next leader of his nation, and help usher it into the "Neo" era. At Fourteen, he was allowed to finally use his powers in defense of Kahndaq and against her enemies, and going by the code-name "Pharoah", quickly proved he was every bit his parents child. His mighty form with the power of the Gods, and his command of the elements made him a force to be reckoned with.

A year later he was sent abroad to live and learn in America, to better prepare him for leading Kahndaq. He has traveled back and forth between the two ever since(not an issue with his powers), living in America, and defending Kahndaq. After proving himself with an exemplary record and clear ability to protect both worlds, he was offered what his father was never given due to his checkered past. A Justice League membership. His admittance has boosted his home nation even further into the spotlight, as he is the first hero from Kahndaq to be a member of the League.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

By shouting SHAZAM!, Amun is transformed into a Godly version of himself, empowered directly by the six Egyptian Gods who empower the wizard known as Shazam.

Stamina of Shu
Swiftness of Heru
Strength of Amon
Wisdom of Zehuti
Power of Aton
Courage of Mehen

Amun also possesses the powers of his mother Isis, and has control over the elements and forces of nature, such as fire, water, electricity, and earth.

Equipment:
Comm's Equipment

Skills

Skills:

Tactics -
Melee Combat -
Ranged Combat -
Leadership -
Manipulation -

(Going to go back and add these when I can word them correctly)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 29, 2019, 04:43:30 PM
Pharoah

The Basics

Legal Name: Amun Adam
Alias: Prince Amun, Godling, Champion of Kahndaq
Mentor: Black Adam

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Teth Adam
Mentor Superhero Identity: Black Adam
Face Claim For Mentor: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Aye

Physical Description
To say Amun has a regal bearing would be an understatement. Not only being descended from godly blood, but from a lifetime of training and pushing himself, he has the form of a human Adonis. He stands at 6'4, and is around 235lbs of mostly muscle. His hair is dreadlocked and he keeps his face with a tidy goatee. When he transforms, he becomes a perfect version of himself, gaining even more height and muscle; his "prime" so to speak.

Face Claim:Michael B. Jordan

Personality and History

Personality

Amun was raised by his father to rule their nation of Kahndaq when he came of age. As such he has the airs of a prince around him. He walks proudly, with his head held high and his back straight. He is polite, calm, and succinct in the way he speaks, as he understands words have power and meaning behind them.

Although he is royalty and demands respect, he also gives that as well and doesn't treat people below his station like they are lesser than he is. His is also highly militant and highly trained, as he holds the position of "Champion of Kahndaq", the ancestral title granted to the primary protector of the country, and leads it's armies to war. His sense of justice is equal to his sense of pragmatism, and thankfully that has allowed him to act in capacities as a Prince and a Hero with excellence.

Biography

Just over twenty years ago Teth Adam, also known as Black Adam and the ruler of Kahndaq struck a deal with Ra's Al Ghul. He granted him a slew of mystical items kept hidden in Kahndaq for centuries, in exchange for access to two of Ra's' Lazarus Pits. Sometime in the years before, both his wife Adrianna Tomaz, also known as Isis.

And her brother Amon, who was blessed by Adam to become the hero Osiris, were both killed. He searched in vain to find a way to bring them back, and found nothing. Finally after discovering the Lazarus Pits, he joined forces with Ra's and got them both restored to life. And with his powers, he was able to keep at bay the corrupting properties of the pits to keep them from going crazy from the process of returning to the land of the living. His families resurrection tamed the rage within Adam, and Adrianna's influence helped to turn Kahndaq into a well respected and known world power, despite it's small size and location.

Now Kahndaq is the world's leading force in integrating the technological with the mystical to create magi-tech devices used the world over. After making her his Queen, Teth and Adrianna consummated their marriage, and that led to the birth of a son, named Amun after the Sun God Amun-Ra, a testament to how they saw their son. He was born with his parents' abilities and was trained from birth to become not only Kahndaq's next King, but it's protector and voice to the world as well.

For his entire life, Amun has been tutored and trained and drilled to be the next leader of his nation, and help usher it into the "Neo" era. At Fourteen, he was allowed to finally use his powers in defense of Kahndaq and against her enemies, and going by the code-name "Pharoah", quickly proved he was every bit his parents child. His mighty form with the power of the Gods, and his command of the elements made him a force to be reckoned with.

A year later he was sent abroad to live and learn in America, to better prepare him for leading Kahndaq. He has traveled back and forth between the two ever since(not an issue with his powers), living in America, and defending Kahndaq. After proving himself with an exemplary record and clear ability to protect both worlds, he was offered what his father was never given due to his checkered past. A Justice League membership. His admittance has boosted his home nation even further into the spotlight, as he is the first hero from Kahndaq to be a member of the League.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

By shouting SHAZAM!, Amun is transformed into a Godly version of himself, empowered directly by the six Egyptian Gods who empower the wizard known as Shazam.

Stamina of Shu
Swiftness of Heru
Strength of Amon
Wisdom of Zehuti
Power of Aton
Courage of Mehen

Amun also possesses the powers of his mother Isis, and has control over the elements and forces of nature, such as fire, water, electricity, and earth.

Equipment:
Comm's Equipment

Skills

Skills:

Tactics -
Melee Combat -
Ranged Combat -
Leadership -
Manipulation -

(Going to go back and add these when I can word them correctly)

Approved!

Foxy DeVille

So many fine fellas and they all belong to Demi...

Norsegod1839

I know right? if Foxi isn't careful Demi's going to become the teams... morale booster.

Foxy DeVille

Maybe in the tradition of her mentor the boys will let Demi be the team secretary...

Norsegod1839

Oh man... that is... that is very sad.

Juggtacular

At least she was just a woman and not a black woman.  ::)

Wolfling72

*peeks in*

Y'all KNEW I would.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Norsegod1839

Wolfling72

I tried to fight it...

but there were HUGS involved...

so um yeah...Vixen...you know...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Yes I know I know :) Vixens daughter?

Wolfling72

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 29, 2019, 06:55:56 PM
Yes I know I know :) Vixens daughter?

*sighs softly* Yes, though I may reach out to you while I am working on her for some ideas concerning things...but Norse, YOU knew I would not be able to stay away. You set TRAPS for me!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 29, 2019, 06:59:04 PM
*sighs softly* Yes, though I may reach out to you while I am working on her for some ideas concerning things...but Norse, YOU knew I would not be able to stay away. You set TRAPS for me!!

Just called me the wolfling pied piper eh? Message me and we can discuss!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 29, 2019, 06:59:48 PM
Just called me the wolfling pied piper eh? Message me and we can discuss!

Terrible, terrible man...

Will hit you once my work week ends...probably Wednesday...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 29, 2019, 07:03:04 PM
Terrible, terrible man...

Will hit you once my work week ends...probably Wednesday...

Sounds good darling :)

Gannameade

Armphid

Hi everyone! 

I'm thinking of jumping in on this one.  I have two main ideas I'm toying with, though a third occurred to me.  No details yet.  I'll put them here in case anyone wants to weight in or comment.  I always appreciate feedback!  And it'll help me narrow down to one character!

1. The Flash.  The Fastest Woman Alive!  This would be the daughter of Wally West, the cinematic universe Flash.  I see Wally as still being active but having scaled back, really just in Central City.  The DCAU Flash didn't have the established legacy, so I don't know if I'd want to cement that in place or have had Wally be the first Flash.  I saw this character being pretty open sexually, unless she really hits it off with someone, she's not going to be in a committed relationship but more than happy to have flings, etc.  She'd be the daughter of Wally and Linda Park, so she'd be Eurasian but raised in primarily white American culture as her ethnic/cultural background. 

2. Firestorm: The Nuclear Couple!  This version of Firestorm would have inherited the Firestorm matrix from whoever had it previously (probably go with Jason Rauch and Ronnie Raymond, the original having been Raymond and Martin Stein).  The pair would be an unmarried couple in an open relationship; he's a scientist (chemist, maybe working for Wayne-Powers or another fictional DS company like Kord Omniversal) and she's a police officer.  When they form Firestorm, she is the one who's in control and their body is female.  The couple would basically have an open relationship so they'd be open to intimate interactions with others.  This idea I know might make others feel strange and so I'm less convinced by it but the base idea is a really appealing one to me.   I hadn't thought about ethnic or cultural background for these two but would probably stick with what I know (white American).   
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Foxy DeVille

Oooooo... that Firestorm idea sounds interesting. A lot of roleplaying opportunities there.

Mathim

Quote from: Armphid on July 30, 2019, 05:42:48 AM
1. The Flash.  The Fastest Woman Alive!  This would be the daughter of Wally West, the cinematic universe Flash.  I see Wally as still being active but having scaled back, really just in Central City.  The DCAU Flash didn't have the established legacy, so I don't know if I'd want to cement that in place or have had Wally be the first Flash.  I saw this character being pretty open sexually, unless she really hits it off with someone, she's not going to be in a committed relationship but more than happy to have flings, etc.  She'd be the daughter of Wally and Linda Park, so she'd be Eurasian but raised in primarily white American culture as her ethnic/cultural background. 

Cinematic universe? I thought that was Barry Allen, not Wally West. Or is that what they call the CW shows?

Juggtacular

Quote from: Mathim on July 30, 2019, 08:40:26 AM
Cinematic universe? I thought that was Barry Allen, not Wally West. Or is that what they call the CW shows?

Wally is the Flash from the movies. Barry is from the CW. CW is collectively called the Arrowverse since It started with Green Arrow. DCEU is the movies like Justice League and Man of Steel. DCAU is the animated universe involving stuff like Justice League Unlimited.

indarkestknight

Hi everyone! 

I'm thinking of jumping in on this one.  I have two main ideas I'm toying with, though a third occurred to me.  No details yet.  I'll put them here in case anyone wants to weight in or comment.  I always appreciate feedback!  And it'll help me narrow down to one character!

2. Firestorm: The Nuclear Couple!  This version of Firestorm would have inherited the Firestorm matrix from whoever had it previously (probably go with Jason Rauch and Ronnie Raymond, the original having been Raymond and Martin Stein).  The pair would be an unmarried couple in an open relationship; he's a scientist (chemist, maybe working for Wayne-Powers or another fictional DS company like Kord Omniversal) and she's a police officer.  When they form Firestorm, she is the one who's in control and their body is female.  The couple would basically have an open relationship so they'd be open to intimate interactions with others.  This idea I know might make others feel strange and so I'm less convinced by it but the base idea is a really appealing one to me.   I hadn't thought about ethnic or cultural background for these two but would probably stick with what I know (white American).   

The Firestorm idea is original and ambitious. Kudos.

Not a terribly useful answer, but I’d be happy to have either Flash or Firestorm!

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 30, 2019, 09:04:18 AM
Wally is the Flash from the movies. Barry is from the CW. CW is collectively called the Arrowverse since It started with Green Arrow. DCEU is the movies like Justice League and Man of Steel. DCAU is the animated universe involving stuff like Justice League Unlimited.

Mathim is right. The Flash in the Justice League movie is Barry Allen (in name).

Mathim

Wally West would have made more sense in the movie because he's supposed to be the more humorous one than Barry Allen. That's why they used him in the Justice League animated series. Plus since they're using Barry Allen in the CW series, it would have been a better idea not to double-dip with him in the DCEU movies.

Norsegod1839

Hi everyone! 

Firestorm would be my pick Armphid!

Armphid

It seems like Firestorm is winning the vote!  I'll go with them then.  It probably won't be until later tomorrow that I'll be able to get a sheet to Norse for approval.  Do you want those PMd or should we post here?

I'm also going to ask for help.  I'm bad at finding good pics and I haven't been able to find anything good for a sexy female Firestorm.  If anyone's willing to help, I'd be very grateful and would be glad to repay you...somehow!  Also need to find face claims...

Norse, I was thinking that Firestorm would be brand new to hero work and the previous version would be deceased.  How should I handle the mentor thing?  I could have it be a different hero or even not a hero but someone who worked with one?
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

@ Armphid

Brand new to hero work is fine but at least a mentor in some character who can propose her recruitment to Bruce Wayne.

Though of course the mentor could easily not be a super hero (though that might be weird) if there's a supporting cast member from the Firestorm mythos you want to draw upon that is fine.

Juggtacular

You could also have it so another "science" hero who was around Firestorm witnessed the matrix get passed in to the new iteration and decided to help them along. Like Atom or Mr. Terrific.

Norsegod1839

The ATOM would be nice! He;s fun but never gets much play.

Foxy DeVille

There was a female Firestorm in Futures End who looked pretty cool...

A possibility for a mentor could any of the previous components... Ronnie, Martin, Jason, or Lorraine. Even with the previous Firestorm being deceased maybe one of them is still alive.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 30, 2019, 12:39:13 PM
There was a female Firestorm in Futures End who looked pretty cool...

A possibility for a mentor could any of the previous components... Ronnie, Martin, Jason, or Lorraine. Even with the previous Firestorm being deceased maybe one of them is still alive.

That's a pretty cool female firestorm!

Norsegod1839

I might go ahead and throw in a super man pick a well just not sure on the particulars just yet.

Wolfling72

*only here to steal the CS*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 30, 2019, 04:55:55 PM
*only here to steal the CS*

*catches the stealing and gives you a swat on the butt*

Wolfling72

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 30, 2019, 04:57:27 PM
*catches the stealing and gives you a swat on the butt*

But I found the perfect "Vixen daughter"!!  She's friggin' ripped and chocolatey...and yeah...

Don't be swatting me...or I shall be forced to take my toys and go home.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Wolfling72

Here, Norse

see? perfection.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Foxy DeVille

*reverse image searches*

*finds her IG*

I'll be in my bunk.

Norsegod1839

Wolfling72

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 30, 2019, 05:10:24 PM
Oh that is perfection!

*Takes a bow* You know how I get down.

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 30, 2019, 05:11:22 PM
*reverse image searches*

*finds her IG*

I'll be in my bunk.

*raises hand*

Take me with you??

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 30, 2019, 05:12:21 PM
Great you broke the Foxy!!

But...but...oh, hush it!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Wolfling72 on July 30, 2019, 05:14:50 PM
*Takes a bow* You know how I get down.

*raises hand*

Take me with you??

But...but...oh, hush it!

If you two sneak off I'll never get you back!

Wolfling72

Dammit Norse, I have questions...go and see!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Juggtacular

Nnnnnngfrple. -Amun regally retains his composure while looking at the sexy-

Norsegod1839

How does one regally regain horn dog composure?

Foxy DeVille

It's all about maintaining an erect posture.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 30, 2019, 05:50:15 PM
Nnnnnngfrple. -Amun regally retains his composure while looking at the sexy-

*winks*

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 30, 2019, 05:51:10 PM
How does one regally regain horn dog composure?

*snerks* Is there such a thing as horn dog composure??

Quote from: Foxy Oni on July 30, 2019, 05:52:34 PM
It's all about maintaining an erect posture.

*chokes to death on caffeine*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Juggtacular

It's done like so

followed by some

and just a bit of

to return the favor ya know?

-winks right back at Wolfling-

Wolfling72

*retreats to HER bunk*

dammit Jugg!!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

I'll never forget last year when baby Micheal B showed up in Burn Notice of all things and I went LE GASP

Also Creed is one of the best movies of lal time.

Wolfling72

Norse, have I told you that you are an amazement? Thank you for all of the help!! *hugs tight*

*whispers* I own both creed's cuz um...future baby daddy and stuff...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

My absolute pleasure! That's what they pay me the GM bucks *hugs tight back*

I do to! I'm a huge fan of the rockies series and Creed is just the perfect continuation of that series.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 30, 2019, 06:19:36 PM
I'll never forget last year when baby Micheal B showed up in Burn Notice of all things and I went LE GASP

Also Creed is one of the best movies of lal time.

He'll always be Wallace to me.  :'(

Wolfling72

Meet Leona
Lioness

The Basics

Legal Name: Leona Langston
Alias: Lioness
Mentor: Mari McCabe

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Mari McCabe
Mentor Superhero Identity: Vixen
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him/her): N/A
Are You Playing Your Mentor: No.

Physical Description

One wouldn't call her small (to her face) though if one were to go wholly based on her stats then they would not be incorrect. At only  5' 4" (and a half, dammit) and a finely chiseled 132 pounds, Leona has the look of the Lioness she prefers to channel. Short dark hair, chocolate skin, and a bright smile, usually full of mischief,  gives her an almost innocent facade which she has been known to put to good use...in not so good ways.  Leona prefers casual dress and will opt for the least amount of clothing possible, given time and circumstance. Not because she has an exhibitionist streak (she doesn't) but because she spends too much time in the gym and her clothing choices reflect that reality.

Face Claim: D. Nicole AKA Nicole Monroe

Personality and History

Personality

Leona is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma but only to everyone else. She switches from snarky to serious at the drop of a hat and tends toward some rather foul language in fits of pique.  She is also chameleon-like in the way she morphs her personality to deal with others, becoming wholly what they expect to see. On her own, she is quiet and studious, apter to find a book and curl up in the sun than to be the life of the party however that doesn't get things done.  She is a thinker, though not really a planner, and tends toward spur of the moment decisions. She also has an annoying tendency of denigrating herself TO herself which makes her a bit difficult to get a proper read on. All in all, she is the epitome of the misunderstood "street" girl that she's felt like for most of her life.

Biography

Leona is the illegitimate daughter of Mari McCabe's uncle, Mustapha Maksai who had forced her mother to abandon the child in New York City when she was not even a month old. The young girl was then raised (if one could call it that) by a series of foster families, the last of which adopted her and gave her their last name, Langston, with her first name being the only carryover from her previous life. (A gift from her mother, perhaps?)

However, Leona has never met either of her birth parents nor does she have any interest in doing so.

Though she was smart, one could call her highly intelligent, she was also a belligerent little thing who was more apt to cause a commotion than to be on the sidelines of said issue.  What this meant was that well before her 16th birthday, she had dealt with the law on myriad occasions for misdemeanor activities like the destruction of property (graffiti) or minor assaults (with no ACTUAL battery that could be proven). It was during one of these not so innocent forays that Leona discovered the ability to borrow powers from the animals she could see or study. This prompted a return to the studious endeavors of her youth as well as started her on the path toward gene splicing and experimentation due to the idea of being more firmly linked to the Big Cats she so loved.

Things were fine, well okay, until the unexpected death of her adopted parents due to a house fire. Though there was a little bit of money (two insurance policies with a combined payout of $750,000) Leona floundered as she sought direction for herself. That was how she came under the scrutiny of Mari McCabe. Once it was discovered that they shared the same "metahuman" powers, Mari took the young woman fully under her wing. Now, one year later, Leona is finally beginning to get a handle on her life...and her power.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

• Morphogenetic Field Energy Manipulation: While the full extent of her control over the Morphogenetic field is unknown, she has on occasions drawn pure energy from it and displayed this energy as a force field and energy claws.
  • Animal Mimicry: Also has the power to mimic the abilities of any animal she knows of, the ability apparently gives her intuitive understanding of the animals and what abilities they have that may be useful in the situation.

Equipment:

• Tantu Totem: A fox-shaped talisman, which enables her to tap into the "morphogenetic field" of the Earth, sometimes known as the Red. This allows her to mimic the abilities of any animal she can think of, by simply focusing on a specific animal ability (or abilities) and then drawing it directly from the field.  While not the source of her connection, the totem allows her to easily channel what she needs to make use of her actual powers.
  • Her Laptop: For completion of on-line college courses between random bouts of training.
  • Lockpicks: For obvious reasons, though Mari has yet to find/confiscate them.

Skills

Skills:

• Boxing/Grappling
  • Street Level: Dirty Tricks Fighter
  • Scientific Mindset:-In this case, she's been the subject of a few scientific inquiries and has either allow or incorporated a few different procedures to help strengthen her ties to certain big Cats: Lioness, Tigress, Puma and the Mountain Lioness.
  • Photographic Memory: If she has a chance to study a scene, a page or a picture for about half a minute, she can recall perfectly anything she's read or seen.

Notes on Weaknesses

Noted:

Much like her mentor, Leona has been known to absorb unwanted animal behavior, such as instinctive rage. The longer she stays in contact with the Morphogenetic field, the less human and more animal-like she seems to become.

Alright...

let me know if I have to fix anything
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

RegretNot

I would be up for a Kyle Rayner / Jade kid for the Newest Green Lantern for the Sector. 

Then again I can always be talked into inheriting the mantle of the new Green Arrow.  Which would you like to see more?

Norsegod1839

It's whichever you would want more Rergret! That being said I would love to see your take on Green Lantern!

Juggtacular

Quote from: RegretNot on July 30, 2019, 08:25:56 PM
I would be up for a Kyle Rayner / Jade kid for the Newest Green Lantern for the Sector. 

Then again I can always be talked into inheriting the mantle of the new Green Arrow.  Which would you like to see more?

As long as Guy Gardner and Kilowog can be his godfathers. The lantern has my blessing lol.

Gannameade

For Firestorm - Capt. Atom could be a mentor.

Love Vixen - Wolfi

(HOT!  As always!!)

Yeah Jugg that fits!!

Volley to you Norse!!

Norsegod1839

Working on a second character myself.

Gannameade

Yeah just needing mine approved!  :P

RegretNot

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 30, 2019, 08:42:46 PM
As long as Guy Gardner and Kilowog can be his godfathers. The lantern has my blessing lol.

But of course. 

Wolfling72

so many pretty people, so little time...

Quote from: Gannameade on July 30, 2019, 08:50:25 PM
For Firestorm - Capt. Atom could be a mentor.

Love Vixen - Wolfi

(HOT!  As always!!)

Yeah Jugg that fits!!

Volley to you Norse!!

Ganna, you know how this whole building a super character works for me. You saw it with Angel, didn't ya...

Find pretty pictures that go together...think about stuff...build powers and such...stare at random bits of pottery...

build a personality...and ta-da...*takes a bow*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Norsegod1839

Wild Cat
Wild Cat

The Basics

Legal Name: Yolanda Grant
Alias: Wild Cat
Mentor: Ted Grant

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Ted Grant
Mentor Superhero Identity: Wild Cat (Original)
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): J.R Ramirez

Physical Description

Face Claim:Salma Hayek(Circa 1997)

Personality and History

Personality

She displays a rather flirty party girl attitude when out and about in public. She acts like a rich party girl and is frequently seen in the papers of Nevada and Mexico where she operates out of. She lets people think she is something of an airhead and a bit of a slut in regards to the high profile women she gets involved with.

On the reverse she does this so she can operate as the new Wild Cat without any restrictions. In the guise of Wild Cat she is brutal and intimidating especially when she tangles with the cartels and the human trafficking side of things. That is where much of her focus in fighting is taking down people who smuggle things across the border and especially the sex slave trade. The cartel fears her and she's cut a bloody path through them.

Biography

Maria Montez and her sister are given experimental drugs by the mad gynecologist Dr. Benjamin Love while they are pregnant. Doctor Love keeps close tabs on most of his experiments, but loses track of the sisters when they travel to Mexico. In Mexico, Maria's daughter Yolanda is born on the same day her sister gives birth to Carcharo. Yolanda and her mother return to America to reunite with Mr. "Mauler" Montez. As a child, Yolanda manifests her superhuman powers, but is unaware of why she was born a mutant. She grows close to her godfather, Ted Grant, who is the mystery man Wildcat, who operated during the 1940s and would have been long dead if not for his lover.

Queen Hippolyta, who had come to Ted Grant during a point in her life when she was displaced in time. It was through her blessing that Ted Grant was able to live a long life and train Yolanda in being Wild Cat. Even with the training and powers Yolanda didn't feel much need to be a super hero.

All that changed when her cousin Carcharo was kidnapped. Evidence pointed to the mad scientist Doctor Love working with the Mexican Cartel to find and kidnap children he experimented on, as well as Meta humans as a whole. Forced to intervene, Yolanda suited up as Wild Cat and tried to find her cousin. She eventually found Dr. Love who claimed her cousin was gone and implied they cut her up after raping her. In anger she killed Doctor Love and vowed to fight for those kidnapped and sexually abused by men with "evil in her heart" since then she has used her time and money to operate as Wild Cat.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Yolanda's superhuman powers include retractable claw-like fingernails and cat-like agility. She can see in the dark like other felines.

She also has super strength and the ability to jump and run well past the limits of a normal human

Equipment:

The Wild Cat Suit: Her own Wild Cat suit enhances her natural powers. It also features the lightest in light weight body armor. The suit can give a defensive shock if needed and can cloak as well

Skills

Skills:

Like her God FatherTed Grant Yolanda is an expert combative fighter and a world champion boxer at the peak of her physical condition. She is also highly skilled at other martial arts, such as Capoeira, Hapkido, Kickboxing, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, and Taekwondo.

There we go! My second character for this story.

Gannameade

Woohoo!  Love that magic Wolfi - luv!!! >:)

Rebelle

Throwing my interest in...

The spawn of Power Girl & Mr. Terrific  taking up the mantle as Power Girl  or maybe code name.. Mizz Power  dunno.

PB Claim Alexandra Shipp

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Rebelle on July 30, 2019, 09:33:28 PM
Throwing my interest in...

The spawn of Power Girl & Mr. Terrific  taking up the mantle as Power Girl  or maybe code name.. Mizz Power  dunno.

PB Claim Alexandra Shipp

I was hoping Regret was a package deal :)

Welcome aboard Rebelle!

Gannameade

Power girl and Mr. Terrific!  How awesome!!!

Gannameade

Demonshadow

The Basics

Legal Name: Jericho Walker
Alias: Demonshadow
Mentor: Etrigan

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Jason Blood
Mentor Superhero Identity: Etrigan
Face Claim For Mentor: Idris Elba
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Si'

Physical Description
He has the body of an angel or greek god  6'4"  Deep golden brown eyes, Dark skin, rather muscular.  Low cut black hair if not bald.

Face Claim:Michael Jai White

Personality and History

Personality

Jericho in this modern age he had since come to his senses and he isn't the cold killer he had been back then of those that tried to hunt and kill him and his kind.  But he doesn't run from a fight or does he baulk at danger.  He is given to bouts of anger and frustration but he can also be known to be a silver tongued devil for sure.

Biography

Jericho had been walking the earth after having been cast out. He was summoned by a small coven trying out their new abilities, he was summoned during the civil war era.  During this time they truly treated him like a slave, a total boot licking, under heel slave.  It had been weeks of him, being treated but the moment someone accidentally moved the dust of the circle that held him in place.  He destroyed each and every one of them, even their families.  It was when the coven Elder found they had done so and the demon escaped.  He pulled him back and thought he had destroyed him.  Thinking he killed him.  In truth he had only banished him causing his powers to recreate his body to stagnate. 

He was summoned once more ten years ago, this time those that find the book to bring him back used technology as the summoning circle.  He was distracted and pulled into their summoning circle naked and confused. He was used first as a sex slave to try to spawn other demons. When that didn’t work, he was sent out as an executioner. When one accidentally opened the circle once more he killed them all after being released he absorbed their abilities and found their soul energy much to his liking. He has been trying find redemption, his desire was to make it back under the side of the light.  But he can't find a way to get back through the pearly gates.  But he is still trying.  Despite his nature, his mentor is trying to give him back the chance at redemption where He himself had failed.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

FIRE GEN/CONTROL: Demonshadow is able to generate hellfire. He is able to use it to project a stream of fire at his opponents, which inflicts heat damage as well strong enough to melt steel. As a side effect of this power he is invulnerable to the effects of fire and heat.  The strange fire has the effect of burning ones dark soul.

ABILITY MIMIC: Through the use of internal magic, Malcolm is able to simulate the powers of other supernatural creatures. He is only able to simulate one individual's powers at time, the duration is increased if the person is physically touched. (If he takes some of their souls the powers could become permanent.   he is limited to 3 powers that he can absorb, if he kills someone else he only get the soul not the power unless he replaces one of the previous powers absorbed.)

BODY RESISTANCE: Demonshadow's skin is somewhat thicker then that of a human and so all damage taken by him is reduced significantly. Regeneration is a side effect of this so it takes him less time to heal from injury. Serial Immortality-Rebirth: Every time Malcolm dies he is reborn in the prime of his physical peak.

LIGHTINING SPEED: Malcolm is able to run at land speed (210mph)

DARKFORCE CONTROL: Demonshadow is able to manipulate the extra-dimensional energy known as Darkforce as if it were a part of him able to fly, make energy constructs similar to a Green Lantern just out of darkness.

TOTAL MEMORY: Malcolm has Amazing recall of everything he sees, hears, or reads.

SHAPESHIFT: Demonshadow is able to alter his form with Remarkable ability. Able to look like anyone he has seen, except with a darker tan.

RADARSENSE: Able to sense things going on around him, making sneaking up on him very difficult.

SOUL ABSORPTION: Malcolm has the ability to absorb the essence and souls of other angelic or demonic immortals/entities. It occurs at will if they are killed he takes in some of there powers and abilities which augment his own permanently. He has no idea why this occurs, but it has happened on occasion so he is used to the affect. (Similar to a Highlander quickening, effectively making him immortal.  He is reborn in a phoenix like burst, drawback he is reborn with only this power and the Mimic ability effectively starting over with his powers.)

PSYCHIC-LOCKDOWN: Due to the exile imposed on him his actual memories are under a psychic lock, it has yet to be penetrated even by him. As time draws nearer the end, the mental locks are decreasing. This gives him greater resistance to mental probing and control.

Strengths: Charming, Handsome, Calculating, Supernatural Strength, agility and endurance, Natural Aptitude – Math.

Equipment:
Comm's Equipment

Skills

Skills:

Business/Finance,
Computers,
Martial Arts - various,
Medicine- Osteopathic Therapy,
Oriental Weapons,
Weapons Specialist – Sword,
Polyglot
Biochemistry

indarkestknight

We are so JLD Beyond...

Also, if anyone is interested, with as long as Aqualad's been active (roughly eight years as a sidekick, then one year in deep cover) if anyone wants to have had teamed up once or twice with Kaldur during his sidekick days, or otherwise have known him then, feel free to drop me a line!

Juggtacular

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 30, 2019, 11:10:13 PM
We are so JLD Beyond...

Also, if anyone is interested, with as long as Aqualad's been active (roughly eight years as a sidekick, then one year in deep cover) if anyone wants to have had teamed up once or twice with Kaldur during his sidekick days, or otherwise have known him then, feel free to drop me a line!

He and Pharoah could have done a joint-OP between Atlantis and Kahndaq.

VoluptuousVixen

Could I put in a request for Red Arrow aka Mia SMoak the daughter of Oliver and Felcity?

Mathim

Aw, I was hoping he and Black Canary hooked up in this universe.

Juggtacular

It would be awesome if they'd had a kid with Songbird type powers of solid sound constructs. She could sheet screech arrows that explode into a canary cry on impact.

VoluptuousVixen

Ok il withdraw my request for Mia, I can't finde any good pictures of her around anyway/which is frustrating

Armphid

I think you could do a great Green Arrow/Black Canary legacy, Vixen.  But understand if the Arrowverse is where your heart is.

I'm waffling now on my participation, getting things together has been a mental block.  But I'll let you all know for sure tonight.  You're all a great group either way!
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on July 31, 2019, 05:45:05 AM
Could I put in a request for Red Arrow aka Mia SMoak the daughter of Oliver and Felcity?

I’m late to the party but for my own two cents I don’t mind if you want to do this. I think you’d make an awesome black canary green arrow legacy kid or a felicity green arrow legacy kid.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Armphid on July 31, 2019, 11:35:19 AM
I think you could do a great Green Arrow/Black Canary legacy, Vixen.  But understand if the Arrowverse is where your heart is.

I'm waffling now on my participation, getting things together has been a mental block.  But I'll let you all know for sure tonight.  You're all a great group either way!

Sorry to hear that Armphid! Was excited to see your firestorm. Let me know either way.

Norsegod1839

Gm Update

7/31/19

I'm going to work on the intro today. Which will just be to set the stage for this summit and inaugural meeting of the justice League Beyond.

If I get it up today people are free to post as well. However the "action" won't start until everyone is submitted and we have our initial team.

I am here today if anyone has questions or needs help with their sheets.

Armphid

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 31, 2019, 11:51:30 AM
Sorry to hear that Armphid! Was excited to see your firestorm. Let me know either way.

Thank you!  I am in for sure, thanks to the kind support of Gannameade.  I'll try to get a CS submitted tonight.  But I'm back at work now, do it'll be a while.
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Norsegod1839

I am glad! I really did love yyour idea and would have been sad to have lost it!

indarkestknight

... Important question. Crucial, even.

Clooney is listed as Bruce’s faceclaim. Does that make the Batman & Robin movie canon for this? Does Terry’s batsuit have batnipples, too?

Juggtacular

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 31, 2019, 01:26:31 PM

Clooney is listed as Bruce’s faceclaim. Does that make the Batman & Robin movie canon for this? Does Terry’s batsuit have batnipples, too?

Where do you think Bruce put the bat radar? It has an omnipplerectional detection range of 50 meters.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: indarkestknight on July 31, 2019, 01:26:31 PM

lol no bat nipples! But with Terry future batsuit he can create them if he never needs a nipply distraction!

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Mathim

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on July 31, 2019, 01:52:12 PM
lol no bat nipples! But with Terry future batsuit he can create them if he never needs a nipply distraction!

Better that than Val Kilmer's 'Bat Butt' from Batman Forever...

RegretNot

In brightest day, in blackest night...

Cade Rayner

Green Lantern

The Basics

Legal Name: Cade Rayner
Alias: Green Lantern
Mentor: Kyle Rayner (Green Lantern)

Mentor Information

Mentor Name:  Kyle Rayner
Mentor Superhero Identity: Green Lantern
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Oscar Issac

Physical Description

Face Claim: Zac Efron

Description: Cade stands just under six foot with a lean muscular frame, brown hair and blue eyes.  He offers a charismatic almost cocky smile at times and dresses simple for function unless otherwise needed. 

Personality and History

Personality
Cade has a strong personality and a will to survive instilled by his father and the sudden death of his mother.  Growing up around the Lantern Corps has made him a bit more sure in his abilities and the challenges from others has brought a chip on his shoulder to always be better.  He can be easy going when immersed in his music or art and intense the next when wielding his ring.  There is a calmness that is infectious about his when he is forced to lead from the front.  There is also impatience to make things happen and the want to push boundaries like his father before him which can come off as recklessness and crassness. 

Biography
Cade was born to Jade unknown to Kyle Rayner after they had ended their relationship and yet he was discovered by his father right before the sudden passing of his mother.  He was given his own time to be a child while his father tried valiantly to be the hero that the Green Lantern Corps needed, seeing him less than he wanted and becoming enraptured in stories and his own artistic endevours.  Without Kyle around enough by the time he was in his early teens he was already getting training where he could and learning from the legends before him how to wield a power ring like both his parents.  This meant pushing against his father's wishes to enjoy his childhood and rebelling more than his father ever expected.  Taking up flying lessons and hand to hand combat were only the first steps to push towards what it means to be a hero. 

There were lessons learned like those involving a near plane crash enveloped in green energy and put down on the training mat many times to prove his own skill still needed work.  Things even got a bit darker as a older teen with the elements that meant getting in over his head with gangs and violent crime that his father's friends had to get involved before getting himself killed, luckily wounds and mental trauma fade.  Under the more watchful eyes and training of his father he refined his skills and prepared to carry on the legacy of his name.  Rayner had been the last and only Green Lantern and brought them back and his father never let him forget that as he got more serious about his focus. 

Cade found himself able to support himself as a pilot for hire and performing in small venues along with musician acquaintances, his father seeing the need to keep jobs that he could drop should he be needed.  It wasn't long before a power ring found it's way to Cade and he was beckoned to the Corps to train as a sector guardian.  Meeting many familiar faces his father had told story he joined their ranks showing many of the same aptitudes that his father had in making complex constructs.  He finds himself ready to serve the Earth Sector and the Lantern Corps.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:  Green Lantern Ring Near-Mastery: Cade like his father's constructs are amongst the most powerful. Adapting his father's own artistic and creative flair makes his construct much more complex and powerful the only limit his will and imagination.

Flight:  With the powers of the ring Cade is capable of fast atmospheric and space flight.

Energy Projection:  There is just raw power output capable with the ring when it just time to blast something instead of having time to construct anything.

Indomitable Will: Able to push his willpower into focusing his ring, its the font which gets everything going.

Equipment: Green Lantern Power Battery:  The Lantern Power Battery recharges his ring and is kept secure for when missions drain him down. 

Green Lantern Ring:  The focus to push all the power of a green lantern through. 

Skills

Skills:  Practiced Artist: From an early age he has been pushed towards the artistic pursuits by his father not only for the channel of creativity but also how it helps with wielding a ring. 

Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant: Encouraged to learn how to fight and defend himself from an early age with just his own hands has made him a formidable fighter with no special powers augmenting him as rings do run out of power eventually.

Skilled Pilot: His own stories of Hal Jordan drove him to learn to fly with the support of his father, now he can handle most things with wings or blades.

Musician: With the influence of art came the ability to make music knowing how to play multiple instruments and even looking into the electronic movement of music has left him with a different way to channel his powers and creativity. 

Norsegod1839

Gm Update

7/31/19

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=308559.0

The intro is up! I'll work on getting the character sheet up next.

If I am playing your mentor or NPCing them I'll reach out to work on what sort of involvement you want in the summit.

Anyone who posted a character sheet before this has been approved I checked them out but didn't get a chance to tell you guys you were approved.

Armphid

[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

indarkestknight

Aaaah Knockout and Scandal!

Norsegod1839

Yes! I was tempted to try and find someone to play them!  Their one of my favorite villain couples!

Armphid

So at the summit, they're supposed to show up in their secret identities, not their super hero personas?  Or can it be either way?
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Juggtacular

Quote from: Armphid on August 01, 2019, 06:01:28 PM
So at the summit, they're supposed to show up in their secret identities, not their super hero personas?  Or can it be either way?

All I know is that the Adams are gonna show up in style. -cue style showing up in-

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Armphid on August 01, 2019, 06:01:28 PM

I imagine it's whatever they would feel comfortable with you know?

I'll get an OOC up shortly! Almost forgot about that part.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 01, 2019, 06:12:27 PM
I imagine it's whatever they would feel comfortable with you know?

I'll get an OOC up shortly! Almost forgot about that part.

Cool cool cool. I wanna work on prior connections. Demi will be showing up with Diana (who wants to make sure Demi shows up). Neither one has a secret identity and both are famous (for pretty different reasons).

Armphid

I was just treating this as the OOC so having a dedicated one is a good idea!
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Juggtacular

Quote from: Foxy Oni on August 01, 2019, 06:16:41 PM
Cool cool cool. I wanna work on prior connections. Demi will be showing up with Diana (who wants to make sure Demi shows up). Neither one has a secret identity and both are famous (for pretty different reasons).

She and Pharaoh could have done a trial of the gods type mission at some point. Like a threat serious enough to worry the Gods meant they could only rely upon their champions to defend their existence or whatever. -Strike a pose-

Norsegod1839

Feel free to for the next like hour or two! I should have it up by then.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 01, 2019, 06:23:06 PM
She and Pharaoh could have done a trial of the gods type mission at some point. Like a threat serious enough to worry the Gods meant they could only rely upon their champions to defend their existence or whatever. -Strike a pose-

As there's a connection between Greek and Egyptian gods (Serapis, Hermanubis. etc) there could be a bond there. Also, Demi would totes put out for someone looking like that. The hussy.

Ph, and Armphid... there might be some more recent history between Lorraine and Diana as both are in politics. Diana serves a dual role as Themyscira's ambassador to both the US and the UN.

Armphid

Quote from: Foxy Oni on August 01, 2019, 06:34:28 PM
As there's a connection between Greek and Egyptian gods (Serapis, Hermanubis. etc) there could be a bond there. Also, Demi would totes put out for someone looking like that. The hussy.

Ph, and Armphid... there might be some more recent history between Lorraine and Diana as both are in politics. Diana serves a dual role as Themyscira's ambassador to both the US and the UN.

I like the sound of her being a hussy.  She and Lindsey will get along.  Or, you know, fight.

I like the idea of them having a connection.  Diana would know she was Firehawk and I like them having a political partnership after Lorraine lost her powers and devoted herself to a public service.  I think she'd be a big advocate for women's issues, healthcare, etc.  Perhaps she's even been one of the few (only?) government officials to ever set foot on Themyscira?
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kadigan

So, just ran this one by NG and approved. A little sibling rivalry can be good for the soul. Also up for discussing connections and the like.

Exon

Exon

The Basics

Legal Name: Eliza Luthor (Formerly Flint)
Alias:  Exon
Mentor: James Harper/Guardian

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: James Harper
Mentor Superhero Identity: Guardian
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Christopher Meloni

Are You Playing Your Mentor: When necessary

Physical Description

Eliza is of below average height and weight, there is nothing terribly physically remarkable about her, except for the fact that her features make her resemble her father more then anything. Her red hair matches what was his prior to his accidents. Her eyes were not at all similar to her father’s, however, but not knowing who she got them from it was always a stranger looking back at her.

Face Claim: April Bowlby

Personality and History

Personality

She can be a bit sarcastic, annoying, and talkative when on a job. She knows when someone needs something from her, and enjoys pushing their buttons, no matter what level of society they might be on. After all, someone in her position has to have fun where they can. She knows when to zip up though, and work through it, and has a drive in her that resembles OCD at some points.

Biography

Eliza Flint grew up in a relatively normal existence in Dekalb, Illinois. She was generally friendly and outgoing. A bit wiry, red haired and very nerdy at times, but not ostracized.  However what she was above all else was bored. Bored with her life on the farm, bored with her mother and father, bored with the lack of friends that came with having a straight A+ average, she took to inventing various things.

A win at a science fair here, a win at a scholarship here, an early graduation there, and soon she was accepted to CCIT, one of the most prestigious tech institutes in the country. From there, she was snatched up by Cadmus in her junior year, taking her finals and doctorate exams in the same week and passing with flying colors. Her intellect seemed to know no bounds.

It was during her time at Cadmus she met the man she would consider like a second (third?) father to her, James Harper. She spent a lot of time around him, as she was there during long hours and she was smart enough to realize that a fit body would serve her better then some doughy physic. She took his daily combat/training courses and classes, staying as fit as possible. She had long talks with him before and afterwards regarding his time as Guardian, about the responsibility of those with power and wealth, and the will to use them. About right and wrong.

It was also during her time there, that she uncovered information when using her own genetic profile as an example in genetic engineering. It matched not those of what she thought were her parents, but found a match in Cadmus’ records of Lex Luthor, along with an unknown mother. The revelation nearly broke her, but at the same time revealed a lot about her. Her intellect, drive, determination, they were all inherited from her father. Her birth father.

After doing some soul searching, she used a few of the patents she sold to Cadmus and hired some of the best lawyers. She went to war with the only other proven heir to the Luthor empire. While she didn’t win, it ended in something of a stale mate. The assets were split between her and Lexi, and one half became Lex Corp, the other Luthor Corp. Lex Corp moved to Central City as it's home base, and she took the Luthor name. She was determined not to hide from her past, but embrace it. Her adoptive parents understood and supported the decision, and when she changed her name legally she changed her middle name to Flint (having lacked one previously.)

Eliza was determined to clear the public image that had become the standard, focusing on inventions that could help mankind, and while LuthorCorp may only be second to Wayne, it was still a tie for second with her sister. However, some of the patents and files she received included some interesting designs for some exo armor. It was too good to pass up, too exciting not to use, and so she began a life of adventure inside her armor, along with her new billionaire lifestyle.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

None

Equipment:

Eliza uses modified and updated version of the LexCorp Warsuits. She has multiple versions of them, each modified for different tasks and specialized settings, but they all include:

Superhuman Strength: While its strength level can very depending on which version she’s wearing, it can range anywhere from a superhuman to rivaling Wonder Woman.

Superhuman Durability: The alien armor is able to survive direct blows from someone with Superman level strength, though how much damage it can take depends on which model she’s wearing.

Flight: Normally through rocket/energy thrusters in the boots.

Force Field: Passively generated all across the armor] The armor also has an energy shield installed in the left gauntlet.

Ballistic/Energy Projection: Fueled by Kryptonite, the suits are all capable of firing energy blasts of varying frequencies and types, as well as some being modified to include standard armaments, such as rail/chain guns, and things of that nature.

Skills

Skills:

Genius level intellect – Her intelligence is unparalleled in the world, and is often considered one of the 10 smartest people in it.

Self defense – She’s been trained by one of the most accomplished hand to hand fighters ever, and even without her armor is a force to be reckoned with

Norsegod1839

In a few minutes I will have an OOC up for us and links posted in the rooms. Just got back to my desk and thank you all for your patience.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 01, 2019, 09:59:19 PM
So, just ran this one by NG and approved. A little sibling rivalry can be good for the soul. Also up for discussing connections and the like.

Exon

Exon

The Basics

Legal Name: Eliza Luthor (Formerly Flint)
Alias:  Exon
Mentor: James Harper/Guardian

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: James Harper
Mentor Superhero Identity: Guardian
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Christopher Meloni

Are You Playing Your Mentor: When necessary

Physical Description

Eliza is of below average height and weight, there is nothing terribly physically remarkable about her, except for the fact that her features make her resemble her father more then anything. Her red hair matches what was his prior to his accidents. Her eyes were not at all similar to her father’s, however, but not knowing who she got them from it was always a stranger looking back at her.

Face Claim: April Bowlby

Personality and History

Personality

She can be a bit sarcastic, annoying, and talkative when on a job. She knows when someone needs something from her, and enjoys pushing their buttons, no matter what level of society they might be on. After all, someone in her position has to have fun where they can. She knows when to zip up though, and work through it, and has a drive in her that resembles OCD at some points.

Biography

Eliza Flint grew up in a relatively normal existence in Dekalb, Illinois. She was generally friendly and outgoing. A bit wiry, red haired and very nerdy at times, but not ostracized.  However what she was above all else was bored. Bored with her life on the farm, bored with her mother and father, bored with the lack of friends that came with having a straight A+ average, she took to inventing various things.

A win at a science fair here, a win at a scholarship here, an early graduation there, and soon she was accepted to CCIT, one of the most prestigious tech institutes in the country. From there, she was snatched up by Cadmus in her junior year, taking her finals and doctorate exams in the same week and passing with flying colors. Her intellect seemed to know no bounds.

It was during her time at Cadmus she met the man she would consider like a second (third?) father to her, James Harper. She spent a lot of time around him, as she was there during long hours and she was smart enough to realize that a fit body would serve her better then some doughy physic. She took his daily combat/training courses and classes, staying as fit as possible. She had long talks with him before and afterwards regarding his time as Guardian, about the responsibility of those with power and wealth, and the will to use them. About right and wrong.

It was also during her time there, that she uncovered information when using her own genetic profile as an example in genetic engineering. It matched not those of what she thought were her parents, but found a match in Cadmus’ records of Lex Luthor, along with an unknown mother. The revelation nearly broke her, but at the same time revealed a lot about her. Her intellect, drive, determination, they were all inherited from her father. Her birth father.

After doing some soul searching, she used a few of the patents she sold to Cadmus and hired some of the best lawyers. She went to war with the only other proven heir to the Luthor empire. While she didn’t win, it ended in something of a stale mate. The assets were split between her and Lexi, and one half became Lex Corp, the other Luthor Corp. Lex Corp moved to Central City as it's home base, and she took the Luthor name. She was determined not to hide from her past, but embrace it. Her adoptive parents understood and supported the decision, and when she changed her name legally she changed her middle name to Flint (having lacked one previously.)

Eliza was determined to clear the public image that had become the standard, focusing on inventions that could help mankind, and while LuthorCorp may only be second to Wayne, it was still a tie for second with her sister. However, some of the patents and files she received included some interesting designs for some exo armor. It was too good to pass up, too exciting not to use, and so she began a life of adventure inside her armor, along with her new billionaire lifestyle.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

None

Equipment:

Eliza uses modified and updated version of the LexCorp Warsuits. She has multiple versions of them, each modified for different tasks and specialized settings, but they all include:

Superhuman Strength: While its strength level can very depending on which version she’s wearing, it can range anywhere from a superhuman to rivaling Wonder Woman.

Superhuman Durability: The alien armor is able to survive direct blows from someone with Superman level strength, though how much damage it can take depends on which model she’s wearing.

Flight: Normally through rocket/energy thrusters in the boots.

Force Field: Passively generated all across the armor] The armor also has an energy shield installed in the left gauntlet.

Ballistic/Energy Projection: Fueled by Kryptonite, the suits are all capable of firing energy blasts of varying frequencies and types, as well as some being modified to include standard armaments, such as rail/chain guns, and things of that nature.

Skills

Skills:

Genius level intellect – Her intelligence is unparalleled in the world, and is often considered one of the 10 smartest people in it.

Self defense – She’s been trained by one of the most accomplished hand to hand fighters ever, and even without her armor is a force to be reckoned with

*snort*

That's some hilarious face claimin' there.

Norsegod1839

Okay links are in! Now I just got to make the OOC

Norsegod1839

The OOC is now up and in the intro.

Josietta

I'd love to play a younger, 18 yr old Nightstar (Mar'i Grayson), Daughter of Dick Greyson and Starfire.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Norsegod1839

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

indarkestknight

NGL I was wondering if we'd get a Mar'i!

Also, totally wasn't expecting a Luthor, but welcome aboard BG. Looking forward to playing with Eliza.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: indarkestknight on August 01, 2019, 11:29:59 PM
NGL I was wondering if we'd get a Mar'i!

Also, totally wasn't expecting a Luthor, but welcome aboard BG. Looking forward to playing with Eliza.

I may have been actively looking for one :)

I mean come on! Kingdom Come! Not even Kingdom Come but just the whole idea of her!

Josietta

Quote from: Norsegod1839 on August 01, 2019, 11:31:30 PM
I may have been actively looking for one :)

I mean come on! Kingdom Come! Not even Kingdom Come but just the whole idea of her!

Haha it's true!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Norsegod1839

Josi will make a great Mari :) I already know!

Empyrean

Technologica

The Basics

Legal Name: Maya Free
Alias: Technologica
Mentor: Mister Miracle and Big Barda

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Scott Free and Barda Free
Mentor Superhero Identity: Mister Miracle and Big Barda
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): N/A
Are You Playing Your Mentor: No

Physical Description

Maya stands at 5'11", with flowing hair of golden-blonde, and light brown eyes in a rounded face. Her frame is curvaceous and slender. She typically wears form-fitting clothing, or casual wear.

Face Claim: Kinsey Wolanski

Personality and History

Personality

Maya's generally even-keeled, though having the entire world's flows of data in her mind forces her to rely on the meditation training she was given as a child.  Now that she's been invested formally in her role, she finds that she has the data streams of not just Earth in her head, but also of New Genesis and Apokolips, and any place where tech is installed. Keeping all the data of the worlds in some semblance of order and keeping it from overwhelming her mind causes her to appear distracted and daydreamy. She's still coming to terms with who and what she is.

Biography

Maya's life has been defined by the need for secrecy. She was born on New Genesis, the home of the New Gods dedicated to concepts like freedom, hope, and good in the universe. From the moment she was born, her powers manifested. Maya is the living spirit of technology. Just as other New Gods define concepts like Escape, Tyranny, or Joy, she defines Technology. When she was born, she immediately connected to the machines in her birthing chamber and understood what they were telling her. Her mother had died giving birth to her.

She knows her early years were tumultuous. Her father was not present at her birth. She later learned that he had died drawing away an Apokoliptan covert force that had come to seize Maya in her infancy. Maya's command of technology, especially the Mother and Father boxes that were greatly used by both the good and evil factions of New Gods, had made her a target. For a time, she was raised by Beautiful Dreamer and Big Bear of the Forever People, but her presence on New Genesis threatened an all-out war. Darkseid would stop at nothing to claim the power of the Goddess of Technology for his armies of conquest. To avert the danger, Highfather, leader of New Genesis, ordered Maya sent into the care of two of New Genesis's greatest protectors.

And thus, four-year-old Maya found herself in a boom tube bound for a place she'd never heard of. Earth. Scott Free and his wife Big Barda were among the greatest warriors of New Genesis, and they had spent years on Earth building alliances with a group of people who shared New Genesis's values. Now in retirement, the couple took on the responsibility of rearing the child-Goddess. It was not an easy task. Maya was a good-natured child, but the fact that she was connected to technology on all levels made hiding her and her powers difficult. Maya instinctively understood and even spoke with the technology around her, commanding it. This was true on New Genesis, and far easier for her here on Earth with it's far less advanced technology. Scott and Barda had to construct a special home that was free from Earth's technology in order to keep Maya from innately connecting to Earth's tech and then giving herself away.

As a result, Maya grew up off the grid. Scott and Barda purchased land on a remote island, built their home there, and raised her as best they could. Scott taught her the secrets of escapology, and how to track something so that it could not escape her. Barda taught her how to fight and defend herself. Maya grew up blissfully unaware of her potential, truly enjoying her adopted family. Her memories of New Genesis were scattered and fragmentary since she had left at such a young age, and while she was aware she was adopted, it didn't really trouble her.

It was a year ago when Scott and Barda told her of her real heritage, and what it meant. She didn't believe them at all, so they decided to show her. A boom tube trip back to New Genesis later, Maya was brought before Highfather. Being back on New Genesis brought memories of her youth back to her, but it also brought up her innate connection to all the advanced technology, which nearly overwhelmed her with its' intensity. Highfather conducted a coming-of-age ceremony, by which Maya was formally invested as Goddess of Technology, and then, for her safety, returned her to Earth.

Once her powers were stabilized, she discovered herself connecting to Earth's dataflows, and learning about the world beyond her island. Scott and Barda told her about who they were. They told her about the long war between New Genesis and Apokolips, about the dangers of Darkseid, and about how they had been part of the Justice League, preventing Earth's worst from corrupting that world. They told her that a new Justice League was forming, after years of being absent and watching the world spiral into corruption and chaos. And they convinced her to join it. With her powers, she could be an active force for good, like they had always taught her about in her youth. Maya wasn't sure about the superheroic part of things, but she did want to honor the only parents she had ever known, so she agreed to join them and do what she could.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

New God Physiology: The New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same. According to Alpha Lantern Kraken, the body of a New God is mostly energy and sublimes without a trace upon death.

Immortality: The New Gods are functionally immortal; they cease aging physically near the age of 30. Unless they fall in battle, they are immune to the ravages of time, and could easily live for thousands upon thousands of years.

Invulnerability: They are resistant to blunt trauma like punches, kicks, and blows from weapons like bats and maces, though not -completely- immune; unless the blows are dealt by a being with similar or greater strength, there isn't a chance of injury. However, this invulnerability does not extend to bullets, laser-blasts, or other piercing/slicing weapons - their invulnerability is more akin to that of an Amazon, rather than a Kryptonian.

Super Strength: A New God is naturally stronger than that of a human man or woman of their build and stature who engages in regular intensive exercise. Their strength can be measured by their ability to lift hundreds of tons.

Super Stamina: New God stamina and endurance is nothing short of amazing. Due to the naturally exhausting and extensive rigors of their life on Apokolips or Stamina training on New Genesis, a New God is able to manage their stamina on a certain amount of rest and sustenance (more than minimal) so that it seems they are able to constantly function, though this is not entirely the case. Tied directly to their strength and invulnerability, even their immunity to a certain extent, they can actually function at peak efficiency for almost 48 hours before needing to eat and rest.

Superhuman Reflexes: All New Gods have a highly developed nervous system. Their reaction speed and hand-eye coordination is superior to a normal human's. They can move fast enough to dodge a bullet before the gun fires and react with blinding speed.

Superhuman Immunity: New Gods have an extremely evolved immune system. They have developed immunity to a number of toxins and diseases.

Omnitechnopathy: Maya is the living spirit of Technology. Her mind is connected on a quantum level with the flows of data in the universe. Primarily she picks up on New God tech (of both New Genesis and Apokolips), though her mind also receives the Earth's data flows, and those of alien species. Her brain functions as a living computational matrix, absorbing and regulating the flows of data, translating and updating the information she receives in real-time. In effect, she has a backdoor connection to all things tech, enabling her to hack in, download, upload, alter, delete, and otherwise play with the information and tech. This connection is strongest with New God technology.

Additionally, Maya can control technology. With any technology more advanced than a stick, a rock, or a sword, Maya intuitively understands how it's works, how to make more of it, and how to dismantle it. She can also extend her will to it, causing it to perform in the ways that she desires. She can cause a gun to jam just by willing it. Or have an airplane fuel itself. Tech generally wants to help her, often doing things for her even when she's not consciously willing it. It also refuses to hurt her, although, without her conscious control, it doesn't often know what exactly to do to help or avoid hurting her. Without her direct control, it's something like a loyal puppy. It wants to be of use, but it's more enthusiasm than sense.

Finally, as the living hub of the Mother and Father Box network, Maya has the abilities of a Mother Box innately. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Mother_Box

It should be noted that having the abilities does not translate to Maya knowing directly how to control said abilities. She's only just come into her own as Goddess of Technology. Much of her power is new to her, or has yet to be discovered or controlled. For example, she still suffers from splitting headaches as her always-on connection to the data flows of the universe threatens to overwhelm her rational mind. She occasionally opens Boom Tubes by accident, and she has yet to get a handle on the full extent and range of her powers. She also shares all the weaknesses of the New Gods, including to Radion.

Equipment:

Skin-tight body armor, helmet, and twin falchions formed of Element X, forged for her by Highfather and given to her at her investment. She also possesses an energy blaster of New Genesisian design.

Skills

Skills:

Trained in escapology and tracking by Mister Miracle.
Trained in self-defense by Big Barda.
Talented chef.
Budding hacker and engineer.

Josietta

I'll be writing more over the next week, mostly because the kidlet and hubby are heading to WA state to visit family, leaving me here with the furbabies. So I'll have lots of free time after Tuesday til the following week. Or rather more free time I mean! In the meantime I should get a sheet done soon.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Rebelle

Miss Superb

The Basics

Legal Name: Shyla Starr
Alias: Miss Superb
Mentor: Mr. Terrific

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Michael Holt
Mentor Superhero Identity: Mr. Terrific
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him):[Suggestion: Tyrese Gibson maybe?]

Physical Description

Shyla stands 5'7 with a svelte athletic body, dark soulful eyes that seem to hold within them a secret knowledge, and a smile usually plays upon her lips.  She dresses for whatever the occasion needs, from comfortable casual clothing to absolute stellar off the rack numbers tailored to her. Sometimes, people swear she has tattoos, but the next time they see her - they very well might not be there. 

Face Claim:
Alexandra Shipp

Personality and History

Personality
Shyla is a chameleon, having the ability to shift through different social dynamics.  From 'normies' to superheroes.  She is able to acclimate herself to her surroundings, and fit in.  She  detests bullies and arrogant people, which is sometimes difficult when she is around heroes.  Shyla also has a strong moral code.  She is highly intelligent, the fourth smartest person in the world, and that's only because her father is the third smartest person in the world.  Shyla also has the charm and outgoing personality of her mother.

Biography
Michael Holt and Karen Starr were an unlikely match made in Heaven.  A genius and a Kryptonian, they were lovers, they were allies, they were business partners.  They also became parents, and Michael was in shock over the fact that he was having a child.  After all he had lost his wife and his unborn child due to a tragic circumstance, he could not actually come to terms with being a parent this time - out of fear something would happen to either Karen or their daughter.  As much as he loved Karen, and their daughter Shyla - Michael could not assuage his own fears, and he left both his daughter and his lover, though the man still helped out financially.

It was not until he had a long talk with his friends and allies Dr. Mid-Night and Ragman; that he finally was able to put his issues to rest.  That his wife would have wanted him to move on, that his son would have been all right it as well.  He had not forgotten them after all, he had only finally been able to forgive himself.  When Michael returned to Kara, it took time for her to forgive him; as well as tell him that their daughter was normal.  Something that neither thought had been possible given their own abilities.  But as years went by, it seemed Shyla had been born with a gift all her own.

The ability to be simply 'normal'

....Or the ability to simply act normal. 

Because Shyla was a great pretender it would seem, and the truth revealed itself when she was being bullied by a bunch of school kids when she was in fourth grade, as she went to a normal school, and they threw her Superman doll over the fence and walked away.  The bullies didn't see Shyla fly over the fence and catch Superman before he could fall, but her teacher did.  Her teacher who was highly aware of who her mother was, a friend of Michael Holt's who had worked with him at Wayne Enterprises.  She called Kara and Michael informing them that if little Shyla was going to use her abilities at school, she would not be welcome, there was no way the principal would allow her to be there. 

That night, there was a very long discussion between the fourth grader and her parents.  She told them that she thought that they wanted her to be normal, so she felt the need to be normal.  She failed tests on purpose, she toned down her abilities.  She wanted her parents to be happy, and she thought that was what would make them happy.  Kara and Michael had a long talk with their daughter and told her that they would have been happy no matter what, they just wanted her to be her.  Shyla was pulled out of school, to better assess and educate the Kryptonian genius, and have her be around those who would understand her better.  She was trained by her mother in the very beginning, as the innate abilities of being a Kryptonian were a grand undertaking.

Since then, Shyla has become a young woman who is still coming into her own - but her father sees that she very well may be the one who can take place in the Justice League.  Shyla, for her part, also knows that being able to be normal, to act normal, to allow herself that balance is something that is rare.   

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Flight
Super Speed
Invulnerability
Super Intelligence
Telescopic Vision
Freeze Breath
Tech Genius
Super Strength
Polyglot
Super Hearing

Equipment:
T-Spheres
Super Suit
T-Mask

Skills

Skills:
Expert Martial Artist
Tech Guru [Computer programming, Engineering, creating new tech]
Polyglot [Multiple languages known, and can learn very quickly]
Evasive/combative/defensive driving
Ambidextrous
First Aid
Charismatic Presence

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Rebelle on August 03, 2019, 11:47:37 PM
Miss Superb

The Basics

Legal Name: Shyla Starr
Alias: Miss Superb
Mentor: Mr. Terrific

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Michael Holt
Mentor Superhero Identity: Mr. Terrific
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him):[Suggestion: Tyrese Gibson maybe?]

Physical Description

Shyla stands 5'7 with a svelte athletic body, dark soulful eyes that seem to hold within them a secret knowledge, and a smile usually plays upon her lips.  She dresses for whatever the occasion needs, from comfortable casual clothing to absolute stellar off the rack numbers tailored to her. Sometimes, people swear she has tattoos, but the next time they see her - they very well might not be there. 

Face Claim:
Alexandra Shipp

Personality and History

Personality
Shyla is a chameleon, having the ability to shift through different social dynamics.  From 'normies' to superheroes.  She is able to acclimate herself to her surroundings, and fit in.  She  detests bullies and arrogant people, which is sometimes difficult when she is around heroes.  Shyla also has a strong moral code.  She is highly intelligent, the fourth smartest person in the world, and that's only because her father is the third smartest person in the world.  Shyla also has the charm and outgoing personality of her mother.

Biography
Michael Holt and Karen Starr were an unlikely match made in Heaven.  A genius and a Kryptonian, they were lovers, they were allies, they were business partners.  They also became parents, and Michael was in shock over the fact that he was having a child.  After all he had lost his wife and his unborn child due to a tragic circumstance, he could not actually come to terms with being a parent this time - out of fear something would happen to either Karen or their daughter.  As much as he loved Karen, and their daughter Shyla - Michael could not assuage his own fears, and he left both his daughter and his lover, though the man still helped out financially.

It was not until he had a long talk with his friends and allies Dr. Mid-Night and Ragman; that he finally was able to put his issues to rest.  That his wife would have wanted him to move on, that his son would have been all right it as well.  He had not forgotten them after all, he had only finally been able to forgive himself.  When Michael returned to Kara, it took time for her to forgive him; as well as tell him that their daughter was normal.  Something that neither thought had been possible given their own abilities.  But as years went by, it seemed Shyla had been born with a gift all her own.

The ability to be simply 'normal'

....Or the ability to simply act normal. 

Because Shyla was a great pretender it would seem, and the truth revealed itself when she was being bullied by a bunch of school kids when she was in fourth grade, as she went to a normal school, and they threw her Superman doll over the fence and walked away.  The bullies didn't see Shyla fly over the fence and catch Superman before he could fall, but her teacher did.  Her teacher who was highly aware of who her mother was, a friend of Michael Holt's who had worked with him at Wayne Enterprises.  She called Kara and Michael informing them that if little Shyla was going to use her abilities at school, she would not be welcome, there was no way the principal would allow her to be there. 

That night, there was a very long discussion between the fourth grader and her parents.  She told them that she thought that they wanted her to be normal, so she felt the need to be normal.  She failed tests on purpose, she toned down her abilities.  She wanted her parents to be happy, and she thought that was what would make them happy.  Kara and Michael had a long talk with their daughter and told her that they would have been happy no matter what, they just wanted her to be her.  Shyla was pulled out of school, to better assess and educate the Kryptonian genius, and have her be around those who would understand her better.  She was trained by her mother in the very beginning, as the innate abilities of being a Kryptonian were a grand undertaking.

Since then, Shyla has become a young woman who is still coming into her own - but her father sees that she very well may be the one who can take place in the Justice League.  Shyla, for her part, also knows that being able to be normal, to act normal, to allow herself that balance is something that is rare.   

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Flight
Super Speed
Invulnerability
Super Intelligence
Telescopic Vision
Freeze Breath
Tech Genius
Super Strength
Polyglot
Super Hearing

Equipment:
T-Spheres
Super Suit
T-Mask

Skills

Skills:
Expert Martial Artist
Tech Guru [Computer programming, Engineering, creating new tech]
Polyglot [Multiple languages known, and can learn very quickly]
Evasive/combative/defensive driving
Ambidextrous
First Aid
Charismatic Presence

Approved Rebelle! I'll get her on over to the CS sheet shortly but your free to post!

Re Z L

Super-Girl

The Basics

Height: 5' 9''
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Build: Athletic
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Mentor:  Superman/Kal'el/Clark Kent

Mentor Information

Mentor Name:  Kal'el/Clark Kent
Mentor Superhero Identity:  Superman
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him):  N/A
Are You Playing Your Mentor:  No

Physical Description

She has the characteristic black hair and blue eyes of her "father", though is shorter and has a lithe frame.  She keeps one side of her hair short while the other side tends to grow out though it's rarely longer than her jawline.  She's fond of more casual wear, rather than dressing up, which even extends to her typical costume which incorporates a black leather jacket and round-framed sunglasses.  Since moving to Hawaii on a more permanent basis she has also tended to wear surfing attire more regularly.

Face Claim:  Ruby Rose

Personality and History

Personality

Headstrong and a little undisciplined, Cali makes up for her lack of attention with pure passion.  She believes things very strongly, and has a lust for life--perhaps only because she's missed out on so much of it already.  Friendly, though sometimes emotionally distant from others, she's quick to crack a joke or to lend a hand to others.  She has tempered her sometimes immature attitude over the last few years, though she is still acts every part the young party-child that she seems to portray herself as.  She enjoys a great many activities, such as playing music, or sight seeing, photography, surfing, swimming, and relaxing in the sun.

Biography

Cali is the product of a CADMUS cloning project that had been going on in a hidden laboratory in Gotham.  It was a multifaceted program that aimed at replacing some of the aging superheros that had helped keep them safe for so long.  Some of the projects were less controlled than others, but the Human-Kryptonian hybrid was one of the more involved projects.  The aim was to make a replacement for Superman by using some of his own genetic material that had been collected and studied over the years as well as human DNA to make up for portions that either would not sequence correctly or were somehow incomplete.  The result was a years-long project that grew a handful of test subjects within the cloning vats inside the facility.

The clones were going through a lengthy series of accelerated growth and education programs, sending memories and triggers directly into their minds when the laboratory was damaged.  A local Gotham gang had blown up the side of the building as part of an elaborate robbery, though the lab itself wasn't their primary target.  The explosion damaged or destroyed a handful of the cloning vats, with the others cracking open and spilling out onto the floor of the lab.  The other subjects died, or at least as far as Cali is aware of they all died.  She awoke as she slid naked along the cold floor of the lab, covered in a sticky nutrient goo.  Alarms were sounding, and Cali afraid and disoriented eventually rose up, took a leftover lab coat that was hanging up and exited the laboratory through the flaming hole in the side of the building.  She ran into the gang outside the lab, which seemed startled to see her.  Perhaps luckily (for her and for them) they decided to help her rather than take advantage of her sorry state.  While she didn't stay with them, one of their members gave her a leather jacket after they found some extra clothes for her.

Her powers began to manifest themselves over the next few days as she tried to orient herself.  It wasn't long until she was found by the Justice League, suspecting her to be some kind of threat.  Instead they discovered the truth about her and helped get her situated in the world.  Excited about what her life would be like, she threw herself into the super-heroing.  It wasn't until she inadvertently got someone killed during her grandstanding that she began to question herself and rethink her perspective.  Distraught she left the Justice League behind for a while and went to live in Hawaii to start over in relative isolation.  There she adopted her persona as Cali Zane, a freelance photographer, and beach-bum.  She remained in contact with the League on again and off again, though Kal'el was more insistent in his communication.  Perhaps just to shut him up she eventually rejoined, and he effectively adopted her as his student.

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

• Cloned Kryptonian/Human Hybrid Physiology:  She has the same physical make-up as other Kryptonians, though has significantly less time accumulating the radiation from a Yellow Sun which has left her much less physically strong than other Kryptonians, and has a much lower threshold due to the imperfect cloning process and her human makeup.

• Superhuman Strength:  Cali is strong enough to lift several tons.  Cars are easy for her to lift, whereas semi-trucks pose some difficulty for her.
    • Superhuman Durability:  Cali can withstand a great deal of force with little effect, ranging from minor explosions to physical force or falling from great heights.
    • Superhuman Agility:  Cali's mental and physical speed allows her to perform feats of agility that would normally be impossible.
    • Superhuman Speed:  Cali is able to move at exceptionally superhuman speeds, capable of sprinting at a couple hundred miles an hour.
    • Superhuman Stamina:  Cali can maintain peak physical exertion for an exceptionally long period of time without tiring.
    • Accelerated Healing:  Cali will naturally recover from any injury, illness, or other form of damage remarkably quickly.
    • Enhanced Senses:  Cali has preternaturally sharp senses of hearing and sight, including extremely detailed telescopic vision and X-Ray vision.
  • Tactile Telekinesis:  Cali's body is completely surrounded by an invisible field of telekinetic energy, protecting her from harm and enhancing her physical abilities.  Cali must be in physical contact with an object to exert this power over it (including hand-to-hand combat), though with effort she can extend this effect to anything touching a surface that she is also touching.

• Flight:  Cali can use her telekinetic field to counteract the effect of gravity on her, allowing her a form of flight.  She can travel up to Mach 5 in this way.
    • Simulated Superhuman Strength:  Cali's "strength" is vastly increased by this power, putting her just below the traditional strength of Superman.  Furthermore, the objects that she lifts or holds onto is similarly affected by her telekinetic field such that they do not crumple or break under their own weight when she lifts them.
    • Simulated Superhuman Durability/Invulnerability:  Cali's telekinetic sheath shields her from tremendous force, either physical or energy, giving her the appearance of being nearly invulnerable when combined with her Kryptonian/Human physiology.
    • Simulated Heat/Cold Vision:  Cali is able to simulate the traditional heat vision of other Kryptonians through fine manipulation of objects within her line of sight, using her telekinesis to agitate objects on the molecular level causing intense heat build up.  While it is roughly similar in most regards, it lacks the fine control and laser like precision of regular heat vision and it cannot be applied to large areas.  However she can likewise slow the molecules of an object also causing it to cool.  Both applications require her focused attention.
  • Latent Psionic Powers:  Cali also has undeveloped psionic abilities that are present, but not fully realized, including limited telepathy and the ability to learn languages through touch.

Weaknesses:

• Magic:  Magic naturally bypasses the Kryptonian resistances, leaving her equally vulnerable to it as any other normal human.
  • Kryptonite:  Cali's Kryptonian physiology is equally vulnerable to Kryptonite just like any other Kryptonian.
  • Red Sun Radiation:  Cali's powers are partially reliant on the radiation from a yellow sun, so prolonged exposure to red sun radiation, or even the absence of yellow sun radiation can leave her underpowered, or completely powerless.
  • Unconsciousness:  Cali's Tactile Telekinesis is largely used unconsciously, but while Cali is unconscious it cannot be used, leaving her much more vulnerable than she normally would be.
  • CADMUS Programming:  Cali spent approximately a year in intensive mental conditioning chambers within CADMUS, which gave her a preprogrammed set of memories and experiences as well as conditioning her to respond to certain stimuli in a preprogrammed way so that CADMUS could maintain control of her.  It came just short of complete brainwashing, but several subconscious triggers can force her into a variety of mental states.  The incomplete nature of her conditioning has left these triggers somewhat unpredictable.

Equipment:

• Professional Camera
  • Surfboard
  • Old Jeep
  • Guitars (electric and acoustic)
  • Several leather jackets (they're not quite as resilient as the rest of her uniform)

Skills

Skills:

• Professional Photography:  Cali has learned how to perform very well as a photographer, and is well known in the area for her skill.
  • Guitar:  Cali has some skill at playing the guitar.
  • Surfing:  Since moving to Hawaii Cali has spent a large portion of her free time surfing and has become quite good at it.
  • Multilingual:  Cali has picked up a handful of languages over the years, physical contact is enough for her to absorb languages psionically from others.
  • Intellect:  Cali has an undeveloped, but highly adept intellect.  Should she try to apply herself she could easily reach genius levels of understanding.
  • Hand-to-hand combat:  Cali has learned a variety of hand-to-hand combat techniques, blending a variety into a somewhat unique brawler combat form.
A&A

Norsegod1839

TheVillain

Did have a bit of a wild idea, going to put it out here to give it a chance. See if we can make it work. I'm a sucker for story, what can I say? Forgive me if I overstep my boundaries.

Anarky

The Basics

Legal Name: None. He believes is the original Lonnie Machin somehow pushed forward in time with his memories wiped. Actually he's a modified clone and as such has no recognized legal status.
Alias: Anarky
Age: Believes he's in his physical and mental age is low 20's. He's actually an artificially aged clone who is technically less then a year old.
Mentor: Mad Stan

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Stanley Labowski
Mentor Superhero Identity: Mad Stan
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Henry Rollins
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Yes.

Physical Description
The grown up "Lonnie Machin" stands at 5'10 and 165 pounds, by no means a large man but definitely not a kid anymore. The original Lonnie started his 'career' when he was 12 years old, using height extenders to fake being an adult. Now he doesn't need to do that anymore. He adapts his costume constantly but it always includes prominent Anarchy symbols and a theatrical mask to cover his face. By design it usually looks like it was cobbled together out of desperation but there's often technological surprises waiting.

Out of costume he's often been accused of being much to serious for his age, but he's been trying to remember that a Revolution without Dancing isn't a Revolution worth having. He is trying to lighten up a little, promise. There he dresses like he's raiding thrift-stores regularly and probably does.

Face Claim:
Alexander Calvert

Personality and History

Personality

The original 'Lonnie Manchin' was frequently described as much too serious all the time, which was ironic as the leading candidate for his biological father was the Joker. The clone of Lonnie believes he's the original if also an amnesiac, and as such has been working hard to read all the same books the original read and understand. There's enough in common with their brains that this clone is himself a fervent Anarcho-Communist working to overthrow society. The goal is to ultimately get rid of Countries, Religions, and Corporations to create a sort of worker-own series of collectives. He truly believes that at some point all of humanity has to adapt to the new way, or become extinct.

Officially considered one of Batman's Rogues, what sets Anarky apart is that he clearly means well. He'd almost be considered a vigilante in his own right, and he's trying to do the right thing - he's just also convinced that the Law and the Government are a large part of the Problem, not the Solution. The biggest difference between the original Anarky and this one is that this Anarky is trying to lighten up a little, and believes that 'a Revolution with no Dancing is not a Revolution worth having'.

Biography
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Knock, Knock*

*Knock, Knock*

"Mr. Wayne. You might as well answer the door. I know the Truth. You were Batman, meaning the current Batman is Terry McGinnis. You realize if you just make a database of everyone who was an 18 to 36 year old man in Gotham during your time under the mask, then eliminate everyone that didn't have the money to access your level of technology and everyone who died between then and Terry's debut you only have like 3 guys left, right? You're the only one with all that and Motive.

Look, I'm not here to settle old scores or anything like that. Truth is, I don't remember them even if we had some. I solved your mystery, I was hoping you'd help solve mine. I should be a lot older, but I'm still young and I don't remember anything from any more then a year ago. I have no idea why and I think you could help me find out. I know we were enemies from the news clips but I think Batman is just Misguided. You and Terry, you fight the results of crime, not the cause. You two take on individual cases but fail to see the wider picture.

It's the System we live under, set up to benefit just a tiny minority. An all-powerful elite gets obscenely rich while billions are cheated out of realizing their true potential. But the system is rotten. It's ripe for collapse. It's the duty of every revolutionary — everyone of us — to hasten that collapse... It's not a crime to fight injustice... The system's conditioned us — hypnotized nearly everybody into accepting that life has to be the way it is. We're hypnotized into believing war is natural — famine is natural — crime is natural... but they're not. They're products of the system and its all-consuming greed! People have become robots — zombies — too busy scrambling for day-to-day existence to be able to see they're really victims. It's up to people like Us to open their eyes. From cradle to grave, we're taught — indoctrinated! — that happiness depends on always getting more. Buy — throw away — buy more! Doesn't matter if we destroy the planet on the way! Politicians say they can fix the world's problems. Just give them more power. Religions say do more of what they order and you'll be happy — but only after you're dead! They've been making the same hollow promises for thousands of years, and we, the people — the sheep — have listened. But it's time to wake up and smell the coffee — the days of external authority and force-backed power are numbered... that's the way the system is set up! A sham democracy that acts as a front for the elite's ambitions - It doesn't have to be like that. We can change it!

I know you're working to set up a new Justice League. I also know there's a very good chance that Terry's on his way already. I guess then I'm giving you a choice. If you just want people in tights to bash against each other while defending a Status Quo you know isn't really worth protecting, because at least it's Order, then go ahead and have Terry bust my skull open.

But if you really want to make a Difference, if you really want to make a Better World - You need someone like Me and you know it.
"
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Anarky claims to have no powers, but he probably has some level of super-human intelligence and is just in denial about it. He may think he's the original Anarky somehow time-lost and memory-wiped but he's actually a genetically modified clone.

Also worth pointing out that the leading candidate for the original Anarky's biological father was the Joker, and after the death of the original Joker an autopsy discovered that the Joker's brain did show signs of being in an advanced form of Kuru that might have been genetic. So it's possible the original Anarky had and this Anarky has a more benign form of Joker's Super-Sanity as well but this is yet to be determined for sure.

Equipment:

Anarky is known to use a wide array of gadgets and technology, and after only about a year has already become one of the best hackers on the planet under the handle 'MoneySpider'. His exact equipment set-up depends on what he intends to do but confirmed gadgets include.
-A duel shock-baton and grappling hook.
-Maglock bypass systems.
-'Max', a small computer he uses to assist with remote hacks.
-Armored clothing.

It's also worth noting that Anarky is known to be a talent bomb-maker but he only uses them sparingly. As of yet there are no known living victims of Anarky's bombs, but they have been used to disable vehicles and technology of opponents.

Skills

Skills:

Decent Hand-to-Hand Combat
Genius-Level Intellect
World-Class Hacker
Excellent Engineer and Scientist
Extensively Well Read
Extensive Knowledge of Philosophy and Political Science
World-Class Detective
World-Class Improviser
Polyglot
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on August 08, 2019, 02:25:13 PM
Did have a bit of a wild idea, going to put it out here to give it a chance. See if we can make it work. I'm a sucker for story, what can I say? Forgive me if I overstep my boundaries.

Anarky

The Basics

Legal Name: None. He believes is the original Lonnie Machin somehow pushed forward in time with his memories wiped. Actually he's a modified clone and as such has no recognized legal status.
Alias: Anarky
Age: Believes he's in his physical and mental age is low 20's. He's actually an artificially aged clone who is technically less then a year old.
Mentor: Mad Stan

Mentor Information

Mentor Name: Stanley Labowski
Mentor Superhero Identity: Mad Stan
Face Claim For Mentor (If playing him): Henry Rollins
Are You Playing Your Mentor: Yes.

Physical Description
The grown up "Lonnie Machin" stands at 5'10 and 165 pounds, by no means a large man but definitely not a kid anymore. The original Lonnie started his 'career' when he was 12 years old, using height extenders to fake being an adult. Now he doesn't need to do that anymore. He adapts his costume constantly but it always includes prominent Anarchy symbols and a theatrical mask to cover his face. By design it usually looks like it was cobbled together out of desperation but there's often technological surprises waiting.

Out of costume he's often been accused of being much to serious for his age, but he's been trying to remember that a Revolution without Dancing isn't a Revolution worth having. He is trying to lighten up a little, promise. There he dresses like he's raiding thrift-stores regularly and probably does.

Face Claim:
Alexander Calvert

Personality and History

Personality

The original 'Lonnie Manchin' was frequently described as much too serious all the time, which was ironic as the leading candidate for his biological father was the Joker. The clone of Lonnie believes he's the original if also an amnesiac, and as such has been working hard to read all the same books the original read and understand. There's enough in common with their brains that this clone is himself a fervent Anarcho-Communist working to overthrow society. The goal is to ultimately get rid of Countries, Religions, and Corporations to create a sort of worker-own series of collectives. He truly believes that at some point all of humanity has to adapt to the new way, or become extinct.

Officially considered one of Batman's Rogues, what sets Anarky apart is that he clearly means well. He'd almost be considered a vigilante in his own right, and he's trying to do the right thing - he's just also convinced that the Law and the Government are a large part of the Problem, not the Solution. The biggest difference between the original Anarky and this one is that this Anarky is trying to lighten up a little, and believes that 'a Revolution with no Dancing is not a Revolution worth having'.

Biography
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Knock, Knock*

*Knock, Knock*

"Mr. Wayne. You might as well answer the door. I know the Truth. You were Batman, meaning the current Batman is Terry McGinnis. You realize if you just make a database of everyone who was an 18 to 36 year old man in Gotham during your time under the mask, then eliminate everyone that didn't have the money to access your level of technology and everyone who died between then and Terry's debut you only have like 3 guys left, right? You're the only one with all that and Motive.

Look, I'm not here to settle old scores or anything like that. Truth is, I don't remember them even if we had some. I solved your mystery, I was hoping you'd help solve mine. I should be a lot older, but I'm still young and I don't remember anything from any more then a year ago. I have no idea why and I think you could help me find out. I know we were enemies from the news clips but I think Batman is just Misguided. You and Terry, you fight the results of crime, not the cause. You two take on individual cases but fail to see the wider picture.

It's the System we live under, set up to benefit just a tiny minority. An all-powerful elite gets obscenely rich while billions are cheated out of realizing their true potential. But the system is rotten. It's ripe for collapse. It's the duty of every revolutionary — everyone of us — to hasten that collapse... It's not a crime to fight injustice... The system's conditioned us — hypnotized nearly everybody into accepting that life has to be the way it is. We're hypnotized into believing war is natural — famine is natural — crime is natural... but they're not. They're products of the system and its all-consuming greed! People have become robots — zombies — too busy scrambling for day-to-day existence to be able to see they're really victims. It's up to people like Us to open their eyes. From cradle to grave, we're taught — indoctrinated! — that happiness depends on always getting more. Buy — throw away — buy more! Doesn't matter if we destroy the planet on the way! Politicians say they can fix the world's problems. Just give them more power. Religions say do more of what they order and you'll be happy — but only after you're dead! They've been making the same hollow promises for thousands of years, and we, the people — the sheep — have listened. But it's time to wake up and smell the coffee — the days of external authority and force-backed power are numbered... that's the way the system is set up! A sham democracy that acts as a front for the elite's ambitions - It doesn't have to be like that. We can change it!

I know you're working to set up a new Justice League. I also know there's a very good chance that Terry's on his way already. I guess then I'm giving you a choice. If you just want people in tights to bash against each other while defending a Status Quo you know isn't really worth protecting, because at least it's Order, then go ahead and have Terry bust my skull open.

But if you really want to make a Difference, if you really want to make a Better World - You need someone like Me and you know it.
"
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Superpowers & Equipment

Powers:

Anarky claims to have no powers, but he probably has some level of super-human intelligence and is just in denial about it. He may think he's the original Anarky somehow time-lost and memory-wiped but he's actually a genetically modified clone.

Also worth pointing out that the leading candidate for the original Anarky's biological father was the Joker, and after the death of the original Joker an autopsy discovered that the Joker's brain did show signs of being in an advanced form of Kuru that might have been genetic. So it's possible the original Anarky had and this Anarky has a more benign form of Joker's Super-Sanity as well but this is yet to be determined for sure.

Equipment:

Anarky is known to use a wide array of gadgets and technology, and after only about a year has already become one of the best hackers on the planet under the handle 'MoneySpider'. His exact equipment set-up depends on what he intends to do but confirmed gadgets include.
-A duel shock-baton and grappling hook.
-Maglock bypass systems.
-'Max', a small computer he uses to assist with remote hacks.
-Armored clothing.

It's also worth noting that Anarky is known to be a talent bomb-maker but he only uses them sparingly. As of yet there are no known living victims of Anarky's bombs, but they have been used to disable vehicles and technology of opponents.

Skills

Skills:

Decent Hand-to-Hand Combat
Genius-Level Intellect
World-Class Hacker
Excellent Engineer and Scientist
Extensively Well Read
Extensive Knowledge of Philosophy and Political Science
World-Class Detective
World-Class Improviser
Polyglot

Your approved! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Villain!