Down the Rabbit Hole (Needing Male Characters!)

Started by Caela, December 13, 2012, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

I'll work on setting up an actual OOC thread when I get home from work tonight. Give folks a space to work out backstories with each other since most will have been around Wonderland awhile at this point.

Does anyone have a preference for starting? Prefer to be spread out doing your own things, or perhaps gathered at some Court function to give everyone a chance to interact with each other before branching out? I'm open to suggestions. :)

Also, would you guys find it helpful if I made some sort of relationship thread for everyone to keep track of their thoughts on other characters or would that simply be a hassle, or just simply forgotten about eventually?

@Vin, I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

TheHangedOne

I think a relationship thread is... okay. I don't really care one way or another about it. I'll use it if it's there. As for how things start, I suppose most could be at a social event of some sort (though I don't know if Ripper would be welcome at a court function), Could also be that everybody can do that, while Ripper is the first one to find Alice (which might create a sort of delicious irony, given his back story).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

vin26m

Quote from: TheHangedMan on December 15, 2012, 07:56:43 AM
Just so you know, Vin, the Jabberwock idea might not work so well with my own character,  who likely be driven to rip them apart and eat their organs. Just sayin'.

Interesting.  I skimmed Ripper but just read it more in depth.

What if Grayle came back as a Jabberwock?  Like, Ripper saw her get killed, then taken away, but then she comes back, eager to punish him, both for failing to save her as well as for turning into a monster himself?

vin26m

Quote from: Caela on December 15, 2012, 08:31:06 AM
I'll work on setting up an actual OOC thread when I get home from work tonight. Give folks a space to work out backstories with each other since most will have been around Wonderland awhile at this point.

Does anyone have a preference for starting? Prefer to be spread out doing your own things, or perhaps gathered at some Court function to give everyone a chance to interact with each other before branching out? I'm open to suggestions. :)

Also, would you guys find it helpful if I made some sort of relationship thread for everyone to keep track of their thoughts on other characters or would that simply be a hassle, or just simply forgotten about eventually?

@Vin, I look forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

The court could be meeting while the White Rabbit is out in "reality" looking for someone like Alice to bring back with him.  The court could be having fun with someone they captured (played by Caela) while Alice is being plotted out to end up at the court.

As for threads, OOC should be enough.  I don't think a relationships thread is really necessary as long as there is an OOC thread.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: vin26m on December 15, 2012, 08:49:17 AM
Interesting.  I skimmed Ripper but just read it more in depth.

What if Grayle came back as a Jabberwock?  Like, Ripper saw her get killed, then taken away, but then she comes back, eager to punish him, both for failing to save her as well as for turning into a monster himself?
H
It's an interesting idea, but not one I'm particularly fond of. How would she have come back? Note that I mean that as a sincere question, not a rhetorical one.
Check out my poet tree!

vin26m

Quote from: TheHangedMan on December 15, 2012, 08:56:33 AM
H
It's an interesting idea, but not one I'm particularly fond of. How would she have come back? Note that I mean that as a sincere question, not a rhetorical one.

I can't say I'm entirely sure myself, but I imagine in Wonderland we can do whatever we want with the physics of resurrection.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: vin26m on December 15, 2012, 09:09:47 AM
I can't say I'm entirely sure myself, but I imagine in Wonderland we can do whatever we want with the physics of resurrection.

Mm, I'm still not particularly fond of the idea. Sorry.
Check out my poet tree!

Faustus

I think the notion of more than one Jabberwock is a very interesting idea, personally. I too can't wait to see what kind of character sheets you produce, Vin!

As for a starting location, something to do with the court may very Well be one of our best places to jump off at, if only because most of Wonderland is connected to the Queen and his Court in *some* fashion (willingly or not..).

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Ember Star

There's always reincarnation and witchcraft to bring her back as something different (just popped into the head XD LOL)

I'll try to get my character done today or tomorrow and send her in.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Caela

Don't feel rushed Ember. I'm working this weekend so am not planning to get any futher than chatting a bit and making an OOC thread. :)

SpiralSpider

It was my fault for assuming, but I thought that any torturous or sexual scenes would be less of a public spectacle and more of a small group or 1x1 setting. (I mention this due to the scene that Vin described "The court could be having fun with someone they captured (played by Caela) while Alice is being plotted out to end up at the court.") I had been planning on having the Queen act very proper in polite company (save for the times that he really flips out) so I'd have to re-think him if the general setting was going to be more openly "chaotic-evil" than closeted "lawful-evil"  - sorry for the D&D game terms... it's generally where my mind goes.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Faustus

No, I'm with you too, Chaznia. I figured there wouldn't be a lot of public displays like that myself. To revert to D&D terms as well, I think a few hints at chaotic evil for the court is good but, at the core, it is still a functioning *court* and would be more lawful evil, in those terms.

Though, at the end of the day, its up to the respectful players to choose how to portray.  :-)

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Caela

Good lord, I got to work for a day and, even with checking in, still miss stuff! lol

Chaznia, Vin was just tossing out ideas, certainly nothing is set in stone. Your Queen is yours and if you want him to be very proper in polite company, no one will gainsay that. He is your character.

That being said, if other characters were more into public spectacle, that is fine as well. How the Queen would react to such in his own Court however is up to Chaznia. If someone were to start something that the Queen didn't approve of, in the Court, he'd be well within his rights to punish that character. The Court is definitely under the Queen's control and rule, so his word will be law, just as anyone else will be in control of what happens in their own homes as well.

And keep in mind that "having fun" doesn't necessarily have to be torture or sex. It could be lower grade torments, putting a person through tests they have no hope of managing, or simply making a fool of a newcomer for the amusement of the Court. Again, how the Queen would react to this is up to Chaznia.

Hope that makes sense as an answer.

Caela

And we have an OOC here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=160256.new#new

And a thread for CS's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=160257.msg7391005#msg7391005

If your character has been approved, please feel free to place it in the CS thread. I'll have you move them, instead of my doing so, so that you can all make changes if/when you feel they are necessary.

vin26m

Name:  The White Rabbit
Species type: Human and rabbit
Appearance: Appearance varies but always with an element of white, human-ness, and lagomorphology - from full human with bunny ear accessories to a rabbit anthro to a talking rabbit wearing clothing (working on images)
Orientation: Straight, dominant, sadistic
Ons: Foreplay, kissing, scratching, biting, bondage, discipline, dominance, impact play
Offs: Sexual submission
Personality:  The White Rabbit is an inherently selfish character with myriad desires that are constantly changing and requiring fulfilment.   
Background:  The White Rabbit has been in Wonderland for as long as he can remember.  His primary task is serving the Queens, whether it was finding new land to plant crops for the Queen of Spades or new mines to get gems for the Queen of Diamonds.  He currently serves Aloysius in the Queen's bid to become the Queen of Hearts, specifically by providing him with new subjects for whom the Queen can help find partners and experiences.
Misc.: The White Rabbit regularly moves between Wonderland and other dimensions.  He enjoys his work, particularly finding ways to bring subjects or objects into Wonderland using manipulation, subterfuge and his wits.  He can resort to brute force if necessary, but prefers trickery and mind games.

vin26m

Name: The Joker (playing card, member of the Queen's court)
Species type: Human
Appearance: The sexy female jester of all sexy female jesters, Harley Quinn from Batman
Orientation: Bisexual, switch, female
Ons:  "Everything!  The naughti-uh and nasti-uh, the bett-uh!  And some sweet romance.  Duh!"
Offs:  "Vanilla sex!  Eww!  Yawn-a-roony!"
Personality: An unrestrained loon who takes no responsibility for her actions, she quickly goes from good to evil, from reason to insanity, from common sense to impulsiveness, and back.  Like Aloysius, she is a lover of love, and seeks to help the Queen in any way she can, while still providing amusement for the Queen and her court, even if it means getting chained up and whipped.  She often forgets to show respect and deference, which just means she needs a punishment to remind her.  On the other hand, she's pretty good at inflicting pain as well as taking it.
Background:  "I think I was, like, a cheerleader?"
Misc.: "Aww, c'mon, is that the best ya can do?  Ya can hit me harder than that!"

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Caela on December 15, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Chaznia, Vin was just tossing out ideas, certainly nothing is set in stone. Your Queen is yours and if you want him to be very proper in polite company, no one will gainsay that. He is your character.

That being said, if other characters were more into public spectacle, that is fine as well. How the Queen would react to such in his own Court however is up to Chaznia. If someone were to start something that the Queen didn't approve of, in the Court, he'd be well within his rights to punish that character. The Court is definitely under the Queen's control and rule, so his word will be law, just as anyone else will be in control of what happens in their own homes as well.

And keep in mind that "having fun" doesn't necessarily have to be torture or sex. It could be lower grade torments, putting a person through tests they have no hope of managing, or simply making a fool of a newcomer for the amusement of the Court. Again, how the Queen would react to this is up to Chaznia.

Hope that makes sense as an answer.

Figured we were just discussing things so I'd just put my thoughts on it out there.  ;)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Caela

Vin, I like them both. Fell free to add them to the CS thread and to hit up Chaznia to work out backstory since they both work for the Queen.

CurvyKitten

OMG Alice in Wonderland I can't resist. Pm sent. :P

Caela

She's lovely Curvy! Feel free to post her in the CS thread. I think we have enough people to get started so I'll make an IC thread later today when I'm on the actual comp, not my phone! :D

Featherfall

Hello all! Caela accepted my adaptation of the March Hare (available over in the character sheet thread, link provided in the first post). I was just going to leave my character open for any relationships your characters want with mine; just him me up. :-)

Caela

FF, we do have an OOC. Sorry, I forgot to link it in the OP.