Strings [Accepting 1 Writer]

Started by TheBlackThrone, November 29, 2023, 06:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

@xPeachyPuff Athena is approved.

I also added a link to the OOC on the opening post (OP). I'll get the Character Thread up in a moment. You'll see me scatter outwork throughout these threads. It's just to reveal some of the imagery of what I envision Dogfish and the happenings to be like.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Miss Nyx

So exciteddddd! Annnd I’ll just throw out if anyone wants to work out connections with Bunny boy just give me a prod!

@Rainbae I’ll quote you in the OoC so I don’t clog recruiting with potential plots/connections.

Malia Magnus Wolfe

This looks so interesting. 

I have an idea for a character whose trope is based off the Big Bad Wolf. And their abilities are based off the old fairy tales:P I'm just thinking that the theme of this story seems to be more italian than germanic. 

Would it still work?

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Juggtacular

Full Name: Dante Adriano Leonetti
Mask: Grizzly
Specialization: Motivity(Powerful, Tough)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Theme/Trope: A Bruiser with the mind of a Con Man, Dante has been pulling jobs and fighting when they went wrong since he was knee high. Too smart for his environment, but too weak to break free, he accepted his lot in life and is one of the Romero's most dangerous Enforcers
Height: 6'4
Weight: 235lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Gold(They turn red when he's "raging")
General Description: Dante absolutely fits the bill of "The Muscle" for the Romero family. He stands at 6'4, and is heavily muscled from a lifetime of fighting and working for the Carlotti's.. He weighs 250lbs and is mostly muscle due to a strict diet of protein and ass-kicking. His skin is a light brown shade, although much of it is covered in ink from his shoulders down to his ankles. His hair is usually some combination of braided and dreaded, and he keeps a meticulous goatee most of the time. His eyes are a vibrant golden hue, and they glow red when he goes "Berserk".

Personality: Sarcastic | Dry Wit | Charming | Stoid | Protective | Loyal
History: Dante Leonetti came from a small-time subsidiary family to the Romero's called the Carlotti's in Flyheight, a mining town while West of Dogfish. He was a big fish in a small pond, and his bosses sent him to the Romero family to help shore up their numbers at the behest of Lucia Romero herself a few years back. His size, skill, and ruthlessness helped him quickly rise through the ranks of the Romero family into Lucia's inner circle, where he was given his Strings, his mask, and the code-name "Grizzly". The phrase "Don't poke the bear" has become popular in Dogfish since his arrival, and everybody with half a brain knows exactly what it means. Don't fuck with the Romero's.

Weapons & Abilities

• Gentle Touch: Grizzly's weapon of choice, lovingly nicknamed "Gentle Touch" is a massive War Hammer. It is collapsible and is usually held in a holster on his belt, but can be extended to be nearly as long as he is tall. The hammerhead has pointed studs along the face, as well as a pneumatic piston inside that increases the force of Grizzly's strikes. The flip side simply holds a large spike.
  • Brute: Dante is outlandishly strong and capable of lifting, pushing, moving, and striking with several tons of force. He is strong enough to throw vehicles and smash through walls. And while he is nowhere near as fast as a Technique user, his immense physical strength allows for surprisingly fast, explosive movement in a straight line.
  • Juggernaut: Just as tough as he is strong, Dante is a walking, talking, bulwark. He is incredibly durable against most forms of trauma such as blunt force, piercing, arms fire, and even things like extreme temperatures.
  • Berserker: At the cost of his higher brain functions, Dante can temporarily increase his strength and durability even further by devolving into a berserker rage. In this state, only the closest of allies are truly safe from his rampage. Afterward, he is left exhausted, mentally taxed, and needing several thousand calories so this is usually a last-ditch effort.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Janeilbennett

I love the game themes but am not able to join at this time. But I wanted to applaud you for your emphasis on communication. More and more I get into Discord groups, it's becoming a thing that you're not allowed to message members as a server rule, up to the point of banning them from the place entirely. It was refreshing to see a game that encouraged reaching out to people.

Best of luck.
Ons and Offs
Janeilbennett is about, can be reached and only in the house when called.
Open to New RP's; please see On/Offs.
"What's with that lame outfit?"
"Hmph. I can say the same about yours."
"Marketing, marketing. Unlike you, my chest gives hopes and dreams to people."
-Macross Frontier

TheBlackThrone

Full Name: Matteo Vitale
Mask: Red Fox
Specialization: Advanced
Sexuality: Pansexual
Theme/Trope: Soldier - Matteo specializes in combat and field craft.
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 lbs (82 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Grey

General Description: Matteo is a 6’0”, 180 lbs male with an athletic, mesomorph physique. Countless lifting and moving of heavy equipment has made him more of a heavyweight than a lightweight. His brown hair is short and feathered. There's a small, nail-sized scar on his scalp that his barber has noticed. His eyes are ash-grey. His eyes have a random habit of turning black and eclipsing. It’s usually when he’s zoned out or killing enemies. On his left pectoral over his heart is a Church of Death brand. Matteo, in public, can be found in a machinist apron, vest, and overalls. Face Claims: AI art and Angelo Carlucci.

Personality: Matteo loves weapons and blowing things up. He’s a weaponsmith for a reason, and he’s always working on the next deadly thing that goes either BOOM! or reduces Rotten to spoiled meat clumps. If one wants to get Matteo excited, all they have to do is gift him with spoils of war. Weapons or components that he can piece together to make some outlandish contraption of death. He will spend his entire life in the workshop. He loves what he does and can get carried away to neglect food and hygiene. Bringing him food (or soap) are other appreciated gifts but not more than weapons. If a Romero wants a custom weapon, he’s your guy.

Sometimes Matteo will zone out. It usually starts with him brainstorming a new weapon design, but there are some moments where he’s triggered. His eyes do a weird eclipse thing, which oddly resembles the swallowed sun, but that’s about it. They revert to normal when he’s conscious again. Matteo is not only a genius in his shop. He is a master of field craft on the battlefield. His string abilities allow him to piece together random objects in the field to create a deadly weapon that causes a lot of damage. Depending on what he pieces together, the effects can be bleeding, corrosive, burning, etc. There is no doubt that Matteo may have been a soldier once.

History: Matteo was rescued from the Church of Death by Lucia Romero. Unfortunately, he has to live with their brand on his chest, forever reminding him where he came from. He doesn’t know anything about his life before the church. Based on his combat prowess, some suspect that he might have been a soldier once. It is unknown if the church tampered with Matteo’s strings. According to Romero family observation, he behaves normally…well…as normal as a Romero can be.

Matteo is a machinist as a side job. He makes parts for the railroad and ships. He has a secret workshop at the warehouse where he builds weapons after hours. His workshop is a junk heap with failed designs, which he uses for parts. There are scattered piles of parts and other scraps that Matteo would argue are all valuable. So don't touch it.

Weapons & Abilities

Strings:
  • Weapon: Matteo's strings are his deadliest weapon, which he uses to entangle and shred his enemies like steel wire. The only time Matteo can see his strings is when he's using them to snare his enemies. His strings can dismember organic and inorganic enemies. He can use them to grab ledges, pull himself to higher ground, and snag and draw objects or beings toward him. Matteo wears gloves where the strings fly free from. The gloves may not be necessary for the strings could come from his fingertips. Mateo's string reach is ten meters. An enemy that is too wide, large, and sturdy may not shred as easily as a slender enemy. Matteo's string exposure makes them susceptible to the touch of a Master.
  • Field Craft:  Matteo will use his strings to piece together objects from his surroundings to create a random weapon. Due to its spontaneous creation, the weapon is not nearly as perfect as the ones he develops with time and organization. The weapon can be dangerous to him and others, or successfully effective against the enemy. The types of objects drawn together influence the type of creation it will be. A weapon designed from wood may still make for an effective stabbing device, but it may be weak against a steel weapon. If there are no objects within Matteo’s vicinity, then this ability is useless.
  • Copycat: This isn’t his ability to steal the work of other inventors. One should not dare accuse him of such ungentlemanly behavior. His creations are purely innovation! Matteo’s attention to detail has allowed him to copy another person’s movements. When faced with an enemy efficient in martial arts, Matteo can copy the movements of a single enemy at a time. This doesn’t make him better than his opponents. They are, instead, equally matched. The only difference between them would be height and weight and the extra abilities either fighter knows. His copy ability isn’t instantaneous, thus he’ll suffer a good butt-whooping first before he learns it.
  • Uncanny Regeneration: Matteo has made many mistakes in his shop. Some of those mistakes would have killed a normal person, such as when he accidentally blows himself up. Every time though, Matteo’s body slowly regenerates. Recovering from an explosion may take hours, and if his limbs are blown off, his body will attempt to regrow them. Reattaching them is faster though. This ability may have been church business but no one is certain. Matteo’s recovery sometimes takes so long that he’ll walk around rather than wait until his body is finished, and if he isn’t careful, he could be mistaken as Rotten. He just doesn’t have time to rest sometimes!
The gates are open

Malia Magnus Wolfe

Malia Magnus Lupo

Full Name: Malia Magnus Lupo
Mask: Wolf
Specialization: Motivity
Sexuality: Pansexual
Theme/Trope: Someone with bad intentions hidden behind a kind smile, and ultimately fated for a bad end. Someone's who gluttony cannot be contained, someone who has only one tragic part in life. It's not their goal or desires one would find abhorrent, but their methods of doing so.
Height: 6'0
Weight:??
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue/Amber

General Description: Always wearing the finest of clothes and accessories. Normally with her hair down and flowing. Malia has a hungry gaze. Eyes of amber that seem to want to devour whatever they lay they're eyes on. She also has a set of blue eyes that seem to draw pity, as though they're crying out for help. Her body is a perfect hourglass shape, with well used and defined muscles. Her legs thick and round, all the better to chase you. Her arms taunt and firm, all the better to grab you. Her jaw sharp and angular, all the better to bite you.
She is also has a tattoo on her body, but none where the eyes can see when clothed.

Personality: Some souls are just born tortured, especially in a world like this. She lies when she wishes she can tell the truth, she desires what other's have despite having much herself. Malia sometimes can't help but be bad. She's hungry, always hungry. Hungry for anything, always willing to try new things to the point of stopping others from enjoying it too. She is impulsive at times, but also quite thoughtful towards her goals. Possibly the reason for her gambling addiction. Malia generally only has short-term goals, never having the mind to plan further ahead than sating her appetite in the moment. She is also especially easy to provoke, and seems to have rapidly shifting moods. Basically, she's kind of a bitch.

History: Malia grew up in a highly affluent family. She only consumed the finest of things. Somewhere along the way, she became an orphan. The sole beneficiary to a large inheritance. Unfortunately, as her parents died under strange circumstances she is not eligible to inherit the wealth until the investigation is finished. For some reason or another, this is connected to Lucia Romero

Weapons & Abilities

• What Big Teeth you have (weapon): When she chooses to Malia grows large sharp fangs, and razor sharp claws. Teeth capable of crunching through bone, and claws able to scratch stone. It is quite painful to grow them, but after she wishes them gone they fall from her body and clatter to the floor and are replaced by her regular features.

• Big and Bad: Malia can become heavier than usual. Maybe a lot heavier than usual. Floors creak at her steps, as though something with a lot of mass is stepping on them. Despite her seemingly slim and lithe figure, she is can raise her body mass to 500 kilograms in weight. She can also seemingly grow taller as the moon grows fuller. But, when leashed loses this ability. Leashing is where if any length of rope or chain is attached to her either by accident or on purpose.
  • Huff and Puff: Malia has an exceptional lung capacity. Such strong lungs that she can even blow a man down if she so tries. What goes out must come back in, so Malia can also ... suck people/things towards her. But when leashed loses this ability
  • Sheep's clothing: Malia has the ability to seemingly convince people of the most ridiculous things. She could convince you she was your grandma, and you'd happily go along until you spent some time observing her and noticing the many various discrepancies.

Mediocre Author

Full Name: Grace O'Malley Giuseppe
Mask: Grey Fox
Specialization: Technique
Sexuality: Het
Theme/Trope: Fiery Red-headed with  a strong sense of personal justice. Wounded widow still bitter over the death of her husband. Skilled gun slinger. Sneaky, but hates the idea of being called an assassin

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 120lbs
Hair Color: Natural Red
Eye Color: Brown

General Description: Due to her father's Irish heritage, Grace gained red hair and her maiden name, but her eyes and skin tone came from her Italian mother. She dresses in dark shades of mostly men's clothing, altered to fit her slender feminine form. She has a very athletic physique, but a thin, lithe frame. Neither tall nor short, she would blend into a crowd perfectly if not for her bright red hair, which she often hides beneath her cap. Her dual pistols are stored in a double shoulder holster under her coat.

Personality: No nonsense. Blunt which is often misinterpreted as rudeness. Dutiful and honor-bound, Always on the lookout for a fight, but with a soft-spot for the innocent.

History: Grace grew up in a loving family, and her father who was a police officer, taught her to shoot. At 19, she married to a loving Italian man, who gave her the last name she has now. He was murdered before they could have a child, although they were actively trying. His killer was never found. After his murder, she took over his position within the Romero family. Her ultimate goal is to find her husband's killer. She is three-quarters Italian, but she thinks that she is often treated like an outsider because of her hair color, and quarter Irish ancestry.

Weapons & Abilities
Strings:

• Weapon: Dual Suppressed Negant M1985
With normal revolvers, suppressing them is basically impossible because of the cylinder gap, but these are designed to allow it. Each revolver holds 7 rounds, but then they must be reloaded slowly, round by round. The suppressors do not silence the shots, instead they are about as noisy as a loud clap, although they might not be easily identified as gunshot, depending on who hears them. She carries these revolvers beneath her arms in her shoulder holster.

• Keen Eye: Grace has the perception and innate skill to richetite the rounds from her revolvers in seemingly impossible ways. Bouncing bullets around corners or banking them off of walls and behind cover comes second nature to her. By placing multiple shots on the same spot, she has a chance of injuring foes who might otherwise be unfazed by the relatively low powered rounds from her pistols.
  • Keen Ear: With her exceptional hearing, Grace can can nearly "see" around corners up to a few hundred feet. The further the distance, the more blurry the images become, and as soon as the shooting starts, her abilities become increasingly weak.
  • Keen Hands: With her hands moving like a blur, Grace can reload her pistols with inhuman speed. Using this skill puts an undue stress on her hands however, and subsequent shots become increasingly inaccurate, as her hands ache and tremble.

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

FyreFoxx

Going to keep an eye on this one, since it looks like from the time I started working on a sheet and checking back, it has since closed. Looks promising and interested in seeing how things play out.
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Mediocre Author

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: FyreFoxx on December 01, 2023, 06:28:33 PMGoing to keep an eye on this one, since it looks like from the time I started working on a sheet and checking back, it has since closed. Looks promising and interested in seeing how things play out.
Sorry. I'm not accepting anymore characters. I have one character sheet left, and I'm waiting for the author to make the corrections I sent her.
The gates are open

Mediocre Author

Are we going to have a Character Sheet thread? Or just leave our Character sheets here?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Mediocre Author on December 01, 2023, 06:53:38 PMAre we going to have a Character Sheet thread? Or just leave our Character sheets here?
There's a character thread! Check the first post c:

Mediocre Author

Quote from: xPeachyPuff on December 01, 2023, 06:54:07 PMThere's a character thread! Check the first post c:
Oh! I see where the problem was! 

The issue is... I'm an idiot! 😜

But I remedied the problem. Thank you much! 

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Mediocre Author on December 01, 2023, 07:33:39 PMOh! I see where the problem was!

The issue is... I'm an idiot! 😜

But I remedied the problem. Thank you much!
Haha, no worries! 

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

Hey E,

We're about to conclude the first week and first chapter of this story, so it is prime time to recruit any folks wanting to get in on Chapter Two (Week 2).

I recommend just reading the OP and not worrying about what has transpired in Chapter One currently. There will be a summary when we finish and you can read that. Your characters will be entering Chapter Two, which will most likely start in two weeks from now. We have amazing and respectful writers. I am very open about people bringing their own flavor in-character drama. We've had some good stuff lately.

If you are interested, just drop a CS in here OR just PM it straight to me. My review timeline has been literally 12 hr or less (depending on your timezone).

Welcome prospects. :)
The gates are open

xPeachyPuff

Come join the fun! The game has been great so far and the writers here are phenomenal! I'm excited to see some new players! 😊

JackTheTipper

Is this a lies of P inspired roleplay?

Mediocre Author

Quote from: JackTheTipper on January 21, 2024, 07:19:57 PMIs this a lies of P inspired roleplay?

Only TBT can say for sure, but I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure this is 100% original concepts