The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CutiebyNight

Becoming so excited by the newcomer, Alex completely dropped his Trival Pursuit card and ran up to the guest. "Alex! My name is Alex! It's a pleasure to meet you." He rolled his eyes. "Technically I've been sort of kind of sadly bunking here for a couple of months. Seemed cozy!"

Asphodel Terrarium

;D Haha, nice to meet you, Alex, Carl. Hmm, things have been a roller coaster ride for me so I need to take my mind off things from the adult world. And since I do not have a time dial like Lunarbaboon (http://www.lunarbaboon.com/comics/dial.html), I cannot turn back into a child and so I will just turn myself into a dog. I hope you do not mind me curling under the sofa * transforms into a dog and snuggles under the sofa* ^_^

CutiebyNight

Alex blinked a few times, not quite sure if he should believe what he had just seen. "So... you're a shapeshifter then? That's, uhhhh, that's pretty rad." Looking just a teensy bit terrified, having his entire worldview drastically shift, Alex couldn't help but ask. "So, could you always change into a dog like that? Or is it something you had to work at?"

Asphodel Terrarium

Alex could hear in his mind Asphodel's voice "Erm, no worries. I'm a mage not a shapeshifter. Everyone's got an inner animal in the interior of their interior. You just got to work it out. Wizards are better with this, more of which are animagi than mages are." Asphodel hadn't move his mouth. Of course, he was in dog form, he could only speak in people's minds.

CutiebyNight

'Oh...' Alex thought in his mind's eye. '... well, that's kinda neat! Certainly would never expect someone like that to come in here.'

While he was still a little weary, Alex figured he could learn something from the strange dog man mage person. "You're such a good doggie! Yes you are! Yees you are!"

Asphodel Terrarium

"Oi! I'm not your pet." he said telepathically.

CutiebyNight

'Ahh, sorry. Just sort of slipped out naturally, I guess.' Alex cleared his throat awkwardly, attempting to back pedal. 'I wish I could turn into an animal. I would be a velicoraptor.'

Darkleather

Carl jumped in shock as the man turned into a dog and then curled up on the floor.

He sat there, eyes wide and watched Alex have a one-sided conversation with the dog.  He looked at the bottle of beer and put it back down on the table -- clearly he had drunk enough

Asphodel Terrarium

Deciding he will have no rest, Asphodel turned back to his regular form, that is to say, human form. "We're in a Gingerbread House for crying out loud." he said somewhat annoyed but amused at the same time. "Mages coming in are to be expected."

He looked at Carl and Alex, then he smiled and asked, "By the way, anyone knows who or where the owner of this delicious wonderful house is?"

Darkleather

Carl shook his head

"Not a clue.  Man,  have no idea why I was invite here.  I just got this invite, and was told that I would find something out to my advantage."

Carl drained his beer

"I haven't seen anything to my advantage yet - just you and him.  No offence."

Asphodel Terrarium

Darkleather

Carl chuckled

"Yeah, guess I did.  Lucky I found it to be honest.  Last stop I had before I came here I just found the 6=pack on my bike when I got back to it.  No idea where it came from"

PleaseBeGentle

She thought of knocking softly on the door before remembering that the house is gingerbread; it may crumble. She looked down at her jumper dress and smoothed it for the thousandth time. 'It will be alright,' she thought. 'You'll meet some new friends. This isn't hard.' Though her brain commanded her feet to move, she stood still. Nervousness. Anxiety. Enough!

She opened the door and stepped quietly into the gingery darkness, her nostrils flaring. She let her eyes adjust to the change in light as she looked around. Cozy. She spied a chair near the fireplace that looked inviting to her tired back. As she started over, hoping not to be noticed, she heard a voice. She froze.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

O/Os: WhatAhWant WhatAhNeed - READ BEFORE YOU PM ME - OFFS ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE
A/As: Yeahhhhh...I Wouldn't Get Too Close If I Were You

Asphodel Terrarium

"Someone's there!" Asphodel said in fright and quickly took his guise of a dog. He went to the living room with the fireplace where a beautiful woman stood near to a chair.

Darkleather

Carl stood up and almost immediately stumbled.

"Woah.  I only had two."

He lurched after the dog, only to find himself staggering as his vision blurred and head spun.  He went to all fours, shaking his head.  He tried to cry out for help, but a strong hand went over his mouth to stop him.  He smelled something sweet and descended into darkness. 

The unseen figure grabbed him by the ankles and pulled him over to the wall.  There they pulled down a sconce and then dragged the recumbent Carl through the hidden door that silently swung open.  When the door swung shut, it was as though Carl had never been there

PleaseBeGentle

"Oh!" She started. She didn't see that. She did not see that. She did not see a man turn into a dog. She shook her head. "Good puppy," she whispered. "Good doggie." She couldn't move. She reached in her pocket. "Doggie want a treat?"

The dog stared at her for a moment, then smiled.

"Good doggie." She knelt and held out her hand. "My dog loves these. They're shaped like little steaks, see?" The dog moved over to her, his nose snuffling. He sniffed at the treat for a moment, then took it. He looked at her. "Do you want another?" The dog smiled. Next thing she knew, she was on the floor in front of the fire, stroking the dog's head on her lap. She loved dogs. "My name's Tabitha. What's your name, fella?"
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

Asphodel Terrarium

The woman was inviting. The dog looked at her curiously. She seems nice! After a while, Asphodel just found himself curled up on Tabitha's lap with her hand stroking his head. She really knows how to make a dog comfy. Asphodel just gave a small yawn and drifted off to sleep.

PleaseBeGentle

"Aw...sleepy after the treats I gave you, Doggie?" She murmured as she stroked his head. The gentle and even breathing that she felt in her lap let her know that he was asleep. She settled back in the chair, finding it comfortable after her long walk. 'You know, now I'm sleepy,' she thought and sank her head back, keeping one hand on the dog's back. Soon, they were both asleep.
-e.e. cummings

Asphodel Terrarium

After a while when the sun had already gone down. The beagle (Asphodel) had woken up. He was already sniffing dinner when he realised Carl was missing. He looked at Alex questioningly, and spoke to him telepathically. "Hey! You've seen where Carl had gone to?"

LunaMorgenstern

-slips into the cottage, praying she goes unnoticed, and leans against a wall beside the fireplace-

LunaMorgenstern

-glances around, only half listening to their conversation, as she tugged her long, soft, caramel hair-

Tribal Dancer

The half elven woman strode through the forest seeking the place of rest she'd heard of.  She was clad in sturdy black boots that came to a point at the front edge.  Snug leather pants and a white blouse that laced at the front hugged her body as a black cincher finished off the look.  The woman wore a dark burgundy cape with green elven designs along the edges and she pushed the hood back to reveal her mahogany hair of long curling tresses.
     Just then her azure eyes danced with happiness above her wine hued lips as she found the stone path that the scents ginger had guided her to. She walked down the path of stepping stones and stopped at the door leaning close to inhale deeply the heavenly aroma all around her.  She held the pale blue crystal, hanging at her neck, that held the essence of all she held dear for a moment and then she stepped inside. 
      Once inside she almost thought she'd stepped inside a bakery as the sweetness rushed up to greet her senses like an overly eager host.  Hanging up her cape and her weapons she then glanced around at the cozy scene.   People were reclining and some were talking.
       "Hello everyone. I'm glad to be here with you for a much needed retreat. My name is Moriah."

Asphodel Terrarium

Asphodel, still in his beagle form, began sniffing when Alex didn't respond. He searched in the kitchens then the living room again and noticed someone new- an elven woman. He slowly walked to Moriah and looked at her curiously.

Sir Percival the Gallant

Sir Percival had continued his journey from the dark wood where he had encountered the mysterious Lilith some time earlier on a dark, gloomy night. When he had heard her call out from the thicket, he had ran to her succour, but just as she had come into sight in his torchlight, she had vanished. He had called out for her, but there had been no answer but the trees in the wind. He searched the thicket as best he could, as a man such as he could not afford to leave a lady in peril, but there was no trace of her. Even the ground had had no few footprints besides his own. Sometime later he had employed what theurgy the heavens could grant a paladin to try a discern what had become of her, but he learnt nothing. He had prayed that she had been safe, assuming that she had not been a fairy.

His search had taken much longer, and he had passed from one great forest into another, this one must lighter and greener than the last, where he had found Lilith. At last, however, the twisted path through the wood opened into a clearing and the destination that he had long sought came into view. The masonry did indeed have a light-gingerbread hue, although from the exterior it did seem to be of genuine stone than actual confectionary. Nevertheless, the spectacle of the building confirmed the picturesque abode of which the rumours told. 

After haltering and untacking his destrier at a ring on one side of the building where there was also a shelter, Sir Percival strode up to the front door. He prepared to knock, but after noticing the door slightly ajar, he pressed against it gently only to find it already open, revealing a comfortable, well-furnished parlour with a hearth whose fire continued to burn invitingly. Some individuals were present there, some seemingly lurking, some engaged in conversation, but he recognised no one. Lilith, the woman he had encountered months ago, and who had also been seeking the Gingerbread House, did not seem to be amongst them.

He entered and bowed by descending to a knee. Those already in the parlour saw a finely dressed gentleman of comely aspect and of a solid warrior’s frame. His face was clean shaven but he wore his light brown hair long to his shoulders. He wore sturdy riding boots of dark brown leather, black leather gloves, a bold blue doublet and leggings and black arming girdle with a fruit-pommelled bastard sword and a misericorde.

'Gentile folkes,' he began, 'My name is Sir Percyvale, sometyme y-clept (called) "the Gallaunt", and I seke the Lady Aislinn whych is a great sorceresse and whych oweth (owns) this House of Gyngerbrede for to bear her felloweshype and recommende me unto her.'

IxStarfallxI

The journey had been a very long and strange one. The elf girl had gone to sleep one morning in the forest curled up in her camp next to her ever faithful companion Noir. She and her saber cat Noir had been hunting a small band of goblins that had raided nearby villages. The night before she'd caught the trail and was close, but decided to wait until nightfall to strike. When she woke as the sun was beginning to set she found herself alone in a small wooded clearing. Her surroundings where nowhere as she remembered them and immediately she hopped to her feet looking around with her softly glowing silvery eyes. Her camp was gone, as well as Noir. Alarm coursed through her at once, but she didn't sense any danger as she scanned the nearby trees. Off to the left she noticed a small path. Looking about she saw that her bow and quiver of arrows were resting on the tree nearby so she took them slipping the quiver in place, and strapping her bow to her back.

Looking around again she saw her deep violet colored cloak and her twin daggers. Strapping them about her hips, and pulling the cloak about her shoulders the silver haired elf pulled her hood into place and started walking up the path. She didn't know where she was, how she got there or even where Noir was but she felt herself strangely drawn ahead. Soon she saw why, as she neared a large house. The house looked peaceful, and she felt a compulsion to go inside, not sure why. She kept her guard up though as one hand lifted to lightly push the door open and in she stepped. With her hood drawn up her features were shadowed, but the soft glow of her silver hued orbs could be seen as she entered quietly, gaze sweeping the cozy comfortable looking room.

Upon entering she felt eyes drawn towards her as she felt she may have interrupted something. She pressed her lips together and pushed aside her unease, then stepped further into the room. Her hands lifted up to pull back the hood, letting her long silver braid fall down her back as the blue skinned elf looked about, then nodded in greeting to those she saw right away just in the main common room. It seamed some had gathered near the cozy fireplace. "M'akasi. sasizra comtizo vansr'ann?" She blinked as she seamed to receive blank stairs before she realized she was speaking in her own native langue. A little frown touching her pouty lips she sighed softly, then tried again.

"Hello.. I'm sorry to intrude, but can anyone tell me where I am? I don't know how I got here.." Speaking now in a more universal basic form of speech hoping someone would understand.
All time favorite dirty lines from Star Wars.
"You came in that thing?! You're braver then I thought!"
"But Luke! At that speed will you be able to pull out in time?!"
"Engage those Star Destroyers and let's start probing that shield!" ( because who doesn't love a good probing? ;) )

ONs and OFFs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=239114.0