Isle of the Damned - Pirates! Mercenaries! Slaves! - Always Recruiting!

Started by GnothiSeauton, December 14, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Special thanks to Consortium11 for designing the official logo

There is an island...  An island far at the edge of the map...  Some say it is a cursed place, filled with cursed peoples...  Some say it is a paradise, the only place where a person can truly be free and their own person...  Some say it is a parasite, a disease that must be wiped clean from the map...  It is an island of castaways, the dregs of society.  Pirates...  Exiles...  Mercenaries...  Slaves...  Outcasts from the world...  The undesirables...  The Damned...

~~~

Special thanks to Consortim11 for redesigning the map

Launched in September of 2014, Isle of the Damned is a free-form, sandbox group set in a fictional fantasy world.  While there has already been some in-character posts, both in the present time in the story as well as history, we're still in the first few days of the story!  This means that it's really easy and simple to jump right on in!

Don't worry about having to read every single in character post.  Since this is a low fantasy story, set on an isolated island, it'd be relatively easy to just get off a ship in the harbor and come right in to the action of the village.  Time is a bit open, with the present time frame set in the span of three days.  Why is this?  To allow everyone a chance to post, while not being stuck waiting on a scene, as well as to keep things moving between characters.  No one is forced to stick to one day, only to move on to the next by GM Prompt.  There's three days to completely interact before the story is moved on to the next group of days.

For now, the story will primarily be set on Effugios, the island which this story is set, as well as the open waters.  If there is a large demand, and a large group base, the story could very well be expanded to include other areas, such as the other kingdoms.  This is a world scale type story, and for now it is going to be focused on the island of Effugios until there is a significant need for it to be expanded beyond the surrounding waters.  That being said, the island is going to be quite large and expansive.  There are hundreds of acres of jungle, caves and coves, a few cays and small islands, a mountain (that may or may not be a volcano), old forts and abandoned castles, etc.

This is an extreme-set story!  By no means does this mean you should turn away.  It's put into extreme to allow the maximum creativity with writers, instead of having them limited in, say, light or non-con.  With that said, everything that happens should be set up consensually between writers.  Forced and non-con scenes are completely allowed, but we won't tolerate them forced onto other writers.  We don't have the IC threads split into story, and naughty threads.  This is to keep everything flowing, and everything organized, instead of having to jump to thread to thread just to keep up with the story!

Magical characters are allowed!  However, please keep in mind that magic is a dying force in the world.  What does this mean?  If you have a magical character, their abilities should be weakened.  You must demonstrate some sort of flaw with your character's ability to get approval.  We're not allowing super-strength humans that are indestructible.  Feel free to check out the characters in the Game Info thread for further information!

When it comes to weapons, we are allowing some firearms.  HOWEVER...  The way the world is set up, powder (called Dragon Powder in character) is highly and extremely volatile.  It's considered by many to be far too dangerous and cursed for some.  A few ships refuse to have it aboard, preferring to keep to their catapults and scorpions and other improvised explosives (i.e. Molotov cocktails) as their primary weaponry in naval combat.

There is currently a limit of FOUR characters per writer.  We are most definitely LGBTQ friendly. 

You're more than welcome to create your character's own, unique religion and culture!  The Shattered Islands is a large, and expansive area of the map that is essentially open to world building. 

The Wiki is still a work in progress, but the Game Information section holds a great deal of information to help get you started, listing the various religions that are popular, the animal and creature life of the world, the various countries and lands beyond the sea, as well as the approved characters and past characters.

There will be GM Pushed events in the story!  You don't have to be a part of the events, but you're more than welcome to participate.  We've got a lot in mind and a lot planned as a way to not only tell the story, but to get people involved as well.  These events may be limited to a specific area, may be island-wide, or even world-wide.  They'll vary and will be different.

If you're interested, please send a character sheet to GnothiSeauton for approval.  Non-magical characters are easier to process, and take a shorter time to review, whereas magical characters need a bit more discussion between the GMs to review and discuss.  It's rare that we say no to anyone.  We may ask that you rework something, notably abilities of a magical creature, but we are more than willing to try and work with you to get your character going and approved!

~ ~ ~  Character Creation  ~ ~ ~

If you're interested in joining, please fill out the character sheet, and PM it to me as well as Black Howling for review

Writer Name:  Your Elliquiy Username/Screen Name

Character Name:  The name of your character

Alias / Nickname:  Your character's nickname or alias.  What are they known by, other than their birth name?

Face Claim:  The name of the model you would like to use for your character.  Drawn images will be accepted, with the exception of anime or overly cartoonish images.  If you do not know the name of the model, or if it is a drawn image, N/A will suffice.

Blood Status:  Are they magic born, or are they without magic?  If they are magical, please put their ability here.  Just remember that we're not allowing powerful magic/abilities at this time.  Magic in the world is dying out, with abilities weakening and weakening.

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Optional.  Please name the vessel your character serves on, captains, etc.  If you are a mercenary or sellsword, please name the company name your character works for or commands if they are a part of a group/company.

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  What kingdom or country is your character from?

Physical Description:  A brief paragraph detailing your character's physical appearance.  Hair color.  Height.  Demeanor.  Clothing style.  Etc...  Tattoos, birth marks, scars, piercings, and other unique identifying features/marks also should be mentioned here.

Personality:  A summary about your character's personality.  Likes.  Dislikes.  Interests.  How they act.  What their goals are.  Fears.  Pet peeves.  Etc.  What makes them unique.

Profession:  Are they a sellsword/mercenary?  A pirate?  Are they exile?  What do they do on the island?

History:  Please provide a few paragraphs about your character's history.  If you are trying to create a captain or sellsword/mercenary commander, there must be a good reason or story for their rise to command.

Religion:  What religion is your character?  Feel free to create your own if you don't want to use one of the pre-established religions.  If you're character is nonreligious, feel free to put down nonreligious.

Weapons:  What sort of weapons does your character carry on them?

Sexuality:  Your character's sexuality.

On's and Off's:  If the on's and off's of your character are different than your preferences, please mention it here.  Otherwise, a link to your on's and off's will do just fine.

[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][b]~ ~ ~  Character Name  ~ ~ ~[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[float=right][img height=300 padding=10]Your Character's Picture Here[/img][/float][b]Writer Name:[/b]  Your Elliquiy Username/Screen Name

[b]Character Name:[/b]  The name of your character

[b]Alias / Nickname:[/b]  Your character's nickname or alias.  What are they known by, other than their birth name?

[b]Face Claim:[/b]  The name of the model you would like to use for your character.  Drawn images will be accepted, with the exception of anime or overly cartoonish images.  If you do not know the name of the model, or if it is a drawn image, N/A will suffice.

[b]Blood Status:[/b]  Are they magic born, or are they without magic?  If they are magical, please put their ability here.  Just remember that we're not allowing powerful magic/abilities at this time.  Magic in the world is dying out, with abilities weakening and weakening.

[b]Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:[/b]  Optional.  Please name the vessel your character serves on, captains, etc.  If you are a mercenary or sellsword, please name the company name your character works for or commands [i]if they are a part of a group/company[/i].

[b]Country/Kingdom of Birth:[/b]  What kingdom or country is your character from?

[b]Age:[/b]  The age of your character. 

[b]Physical Description:[/b]  A brief paragraph detailing your character's physical appearance.  Hair color.  Height.  Demeanor.  Clothing style.  Etc...  Tattoos, birth marks, scars, piercings, and other unique identifying features/marks also should be mentioned here.

[b]Personality:[/b]  A summary about your character's personality.  Likes.  Dislikes.  Interests.  How they act.  What their goals are.  Fears.  Pet peeves.  Etc.  What makes them unique.

[b]Profession:[/b]  Are they a sellsword/mercenary?  A pirate?  Are they exile?  What do they do on the island?

[b]History:[/b]  Please provide a few paragraphs about your character's history.  If you are trying to create a captain or sellsword/mercenary commander, there must be a good reason or story for their rise to command.

[b]Religion:[/b]  What religion is your character?  Feel free to create your own if you don't want to use one of the pre-established religions.  If you're character is nonreligious, feel free to put down nonreligious.

[b]Weapons:[/b]  What sort of weapons does your character carry on them?

[b]Sexuality:[/b]  Your character's sexuality.

[b]On's and Off's:[/b]  If the on's and off's of your character are different than your preferences, please mention it here.  Otherwise, a link to your on's and off's will do just fine.

GM Events

Here is where a general history and catalog of GM Events will be recorded.  Some are story arcs, and some are mere preludes to later events.  Each event, if taking place over multiple GM Posts, will show the appropriate links to following the GM Posts.

A Public Hanging in Effugios - GM Event:  Major story arc.  Taking place in the Village, Harbor, and Southern Beach thread.  Optional, and open to all in the vicinity of the town square.  A Malum Military Commander is hanged in public after secret plans come to light involving the dangerous future of the island.  Event takes place on the 1st of Summer.

Something Fishy Going On - GM Event:  This is a prelude to a future story, and centered on one post.  Taking place in the Open Waters thread.  A merchant ship is attacked and sank by a large and terrifying creature of the deep.  Event takes place on the 1st of Summer.

Rumble in the Jungle:  Part One, The Disappearance of Hannah Prescott:  Part one of a two part large event.  This event follows the disappearance of a young woman, the daughter of one of the richest merchants on the island, and the search for her.  A high reward has been placed for her safe return, bringing all sorts of characters in to the search in the hopes of making a quick break.  Event takes place on the evening of the 3rd of Summer, to the evening of the 5th of Summer.

Rumble in the Jungle:  Part Two, Fight Night:  Part two of a two part large event.  This event is centered around the grand opening of the new and improved Fighting Pits, located in the Jungle.  Opened by Lorehn of the Pits, and the Lord Gareon Drakaras, the grand opening is being marked by a grand series of fights, designed to unite the citizens of the island and promote unity and tranquility in the recent difficult times.

August 1st Event:  An upcoming event that is scheduled to launch on the 1st of August, 12:01 A.M, Eastern Standard Time.  This is the largest event to take place in the game, and will effect nearly everyone.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Trailers and Videos!

Consortium11 is a badass who does a lot of epic stuff.  Thanks to him and his awesomeness, he's created a few videos and trailers for the game.  Some of it may be NSFW, depending on who you ask, but with his permission, I've linked them here for all to enjoy and view to get you in the mood for some fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFLqCzAljAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHOnHift_3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIDpqMn0SQ
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 14, 2014, 05:25:20 PM
Come one, come all....feast upon Gnothi's cookies!

:P  I'm going to have that Milkshake song stuck in my head now for some reason.  Thanks to you.

And a big thanks to Consortium11 for giving his blessing to allowing me to link to some of his awesome trailers and videos!

Seeking New Stories

consortium11

:-)

And look at the variety of cool signature images/gifs you can have!

Black Howling

* Black Howling Sets up a cursed booth for prospective new victims players.

Josietta

The Petals of the Gilded Rose are always open for business!  Come in and play with us! We promise satisfaction at every turn. :D

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on December 16, 2014, 09:42:30 AM
The Petals of the Gilded Rose are always open for business!  Come in and play with us! We promise satisfaction at every turn. :D

We're also usually hiring. ;)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Batman4560

Expressing interest in this and I should have a character sheet up sometime tonight.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 16, 2014, 12:12:35 PM
Expressing interest in this and I should have a character sheet up sometime tonight.

Excellent!

Take your time!  There's no rush at all.

Looking forward to reading it!

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Tired of a life of slavery?  Unwilling to bow before Man and Woman alike?  Come aboard The Raven.

This is a crew comprised mostly of former slaves and those who wish to seek a life free from oppression and suppression, a great deal of whom are women.  Originally a slave ship, a slave revolt, led by Lora Langstor overcame the brutal slavers and turned the ship into their own kingdom upon the seas.  Largely targeting slave ships and merchants, the Raven has a bit of a reputation as being known as liberators.  Hardly ever do they turn away those wishing employ or passage.

Currently seeking any and all crew.  Feel free to hit me up if you'd like to plot out a character together!  While this is a ship that is nearly all women, there is some space available for male crew members. 

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Due to some technical issues and it being that lovely time of the year, we will not be reviewing pending character submissions until after the first of the year.  I apologize for any inconveniences. 

Seeking New Stories

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Black Howling

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 28, 2014, 11:06:44 PM
I will be book marking this most definitely.

Glad to hear! Looking forward to see what you cook up, if you decide to join!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 28, 2014, 11:06:44 PM
I will be book marking this most definitely.

Excellent! 

Any questions or thoughts, feel free to PM either myself or Howling!

Seeking New Stories

bubby

Black Howling

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Black Howling

Batman4560

bubby

Quote from: Black Howling on December 29, 2014, 11:12:26 PM
*Jumps bubby*

*Gacks and flails*

Maybe. I don't even have the brainpower to intro in my own game yet, but once things start rolling again, I'll give it a gander.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: bubby on December 29, 2014, 09:22:44 PM
*Peeks at this game that is keeping the Lumination empty.*

I may have taken a peek or ten at the Lumination :P 

Hope to see you around!

Seeking New Stories

Nymphadora

Quote from: Black Howling on December 29, 2014, 11:44:09 PM
>:) Glad to have your interest.

hehe should I be nervous?

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 29, 2014, 11:54:06 PM
This is great! I love seeing new players for good group games.

It may take me a while to get myself together and get a CS in but I really am very interested and have an idea for a girl already. I just want to read up on all of the wonderful info provided.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪