Firefox help

Started by Inkidu, January 23, 2014, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

This will be short, Firefox keeps crashing. Every thirty or so seconds it crashes.

Latest: I think it might be TVTroes. It only crashes when I have a tab or window with a TVTropes page open.

EDIT: Mod please move, thought I had it right, more worried about message.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MasterMischief

I am on FireFox 23.0.1 and just opened Tropes.  Not having any problem with that, but then I think 23.0.1 is an older version.  I was having issues with video clips freezing whenever the mouse was not moving.  I went to a previous version, but still have that issue.

Oniya

Current version is 26.0
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on January 23, 2014, 06:46:41 PM
Current version is 26.0
I've got the latest version, I clean up my computer and history, but it still crashed on another non TVTropes page. I wonder if it's just some hiccups.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MasterMischief

Do you have a different browser?  When I have my issue, I switch to IE for those sites.

Oreo

I'm so outdated. I have FF 3.2.6

I use Chrome for videos and such.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

I switched to Chrome, but I think it might be slower. :\

Oreo

Bummer. I have trouble when I am streaming stuff, but generally YouTube works fine.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on January 23, 2014, 07:30:35 PM
Bummer. I have trouble when I am streaming stuff, but generally YouTube works fine.
I haven't even tried to run a video on it. It took a bit for all the E forum icons to pop up.

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on January 23, 2014, 07:40:51 PM
I haven't even tried to run a video on it. It took a bit for all the E forum icons to pop up.
Ohhhh, Yes, I have that problem too. That's why I use my old Firefox for E and Chrome for most everything else. Firefox seems to work well with multiple tabs. I use that function a lot on E.

Psi

Have you tried loading firefox in safe mode, to see if its an extention causing a problem?

Inkidu

Quote from: Psi on January 24, 2014, 01:46:19 AM
Have you tried loading firefox in safe mode, to see if its an extention causing a problem?
I'll see about doing that later. Thanks.